• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 552 Views, 25 Comments

The Pony Loa - Leila Drake



A troll couple accidentally summons ponies to Azeroth. And a flustered human. But for the trip back they need the help of a mage as powerful as Twilight Sparkle...

  • ...
2
 25
 552

Chapter 30: Twilight goes to Dalaran

Three weeks after the opening of the portal, Princess Celestia recieved a letter through the worldgate. It was from Khadgar, asking her to sever the connection to Azeroth for an Equestrian day so he could transport his mirror to Dalaran.

Celestia smiled as she read the words. So they had accepted her offer.

A team of strong earth ponies and skilled unicorns were ordered to lift the Crystal Empire's mirror up and bring it to Canterlot at once. Celestia and Luna had hoped for a positive reply from Khadgar and already arranged for a quick transport. The mirror was set up in a remote building outside the city, heavily guarded by E.U.P. Guards and royal battlemages.

Celestia had sent word to Twilight and several other people but only a select few would join her today. Twilight, of course, was the Equestrian expert on Azeroth. However, they needed to send a certain message. Shining Armor would be there, along with Starlight Glimmer, to represent both the military strength and the scholars of Equestria. There would also be a single ambassador from one of the other kingdoms: Ember, the Dragon Lord. Celestia hoped that introducing a species that was sort of familiar to the denizens of Azeroth would put the humans - and whoever was also waiting for them in Dalaran - at ease.

There had been a discussion whether or not their friends from Azeroth should come along. Jonathan was strictly against it, saying that they must keep the extraordinary healing magic of Equestria a secret. Darren was quick to agree. Nylene did not care but did not want to complicate things, either. So they had decided that the humans and elf would stay put, only advising the princesses from behind the curtains.

The building to which the mirror had been relocated used to be a watermill once. It was a sturdy, squat house of wood and stone and had recently been renovated. There was a large room on the first floor and several chambers on the upper floor, making it perfect to accomodate the guards and mages. The area around the windmill had once been cleared by the ponies who had run the mill. They had used the wood to build and maintain it. Grass, flowers and small shrubbery covered the clearing now, slowly taking over. A narrow, winding path led across the hills, connecting the watermill to Canterlot. The princesses had chosen the location carefully: It was close enough to the capital to connect travellers to the entirety of Equestria - but if something went wrong, it was also remote enough to seal it off without a hassle.

Celestia appeared before the windmill in the trademark yellow flash of her sunlight magic. She slowly walked down the hill. It was a sunny day and flowers bloomed on the meadow left and right.

She was joined by Twilight and Starlight, both teleporting in with saddlebags on their backs, Twilight also wearing her enchanted chestpiece. They nodded and smiled at each other. The three ponies entered the watermill, passing a double row of guards, and approached the mirror. The chamber had been reinforced with several safeguards, including an enchanted steel cage, hidden in the walls, to prevent the use of dark magic. Crystal wards were spread all around the perimeter. Shining Armor was there, already in armour himself, and Ember sat on a rickety chair, her legs crossed, and looked surprisingly bored.

"There you are," said the blue dragon, getting up. Her golden armour glinted in the lamplight. Ember put her claws on her hips. "We're all ready for the great gig. Only thing missing is the red carpet. Hey, Twilight."

Twilight spread her forelegs, then she remembered that Ember disliked hugs so she simply bumped her fist.

"Are you going to come with us?" Twilight asked Celestia hopefully.

Celestia shook her head. "I will stay here for now. But don't worry, you won't be alone. Khadgar wrote that your troll friend will be there. The one that 'summoned the pony Loa'. There's also a knight who wants to meet you, called Tarik Aydin."

"Oh, good," said Twilight. "Darren told me about him. He's apparently already a friend. That's a relief, I actually thought we'd have to start from scratch. But with their help I'm sure we can work something out with both the Horde and Alliance. So, big brother, are you nervous?" she asked Shining Armor with a smirk. "Because I'm still about as anxious as I was greeting the delegates from Maretonia."

"Well, I'm not about to wet my armour," said Shining dryly. "I think we'll be fine."

"Alright, then," said Twilight. "Please stand back, everypony, we're casting the spell."

The guards stood at attention.

A Twilight and Celestia lit their horns, the mirror portal sprang to life once again.

Comments ( 2 )

Goes, not comes, huh? I would expect this is how the chapter will end, but considering it's also end of fic makes sense.

Hah! Title callback. Quite a journey Twilight has made, only to come full circle in the end.

Login or register to comment