• Published 6th Jan 2020
  • 14,578 Views, 492 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Scooby Doo - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six are back for another adventure. This time they find themselves on a mysterious island filled with mystery. Along with the Mystery Inc gang they will need to work together to save the island and it’s patron from forces of evil.

  • ...
6
 492
 14,578

Protoplasm

Down the long tunnel, the team screamed as they plummeted into the depths beneath Spooky Island. After Scooby Doo and Flurry Heart fell into this very same cavern, they made the unanimous decision to jump in to save them. They slid for a good while before coming to a sudden end of the tunnel, dropping out and landing upon the sandy floor of a cave. Shaggy hit the ground first, while the girls landed alongside him in a pile. They coughed sand out of their mouths following the sudden impact, brushing off the remaining sand from their faces.

“Like, you girls okay?” Shaggy wheezed.

“We had better landings,” Applejack groaned.

“Granted, the sliding was pretty cool,” Rainbow added. “But falling on the ground… Not so much.”

They all slowly sat up, trying to regain their bearings. But again, the only one who seemed in a good mood was a certain pink party pony… Or in this case, a pink party ‘girl’.

“Whee! That was so much fun!” Pinkie exclaimed, excitedly. “Can we do it again?!”

“NO!” The girls said, in unison.

“Seriously, Pinkie?” Twilight grumbled.

Pinkie just shrugs as she got back to her feet, helping her friends up. Shaggy quickly scampered to his feet, looking around the cave.

“Scoob?” He called, quietly.

The rest of the girls, all up on their feet, looked around the cave too. There were two separate directions leading to Luna knows where and there weren’t even any tracks to follow.

“Scooby Doo, where are you?” Shaggy called, louder.

“Shaggy, we really shouldn’t be shouting,” Twilight told him, quietly. “I want to find Flurry and Scooby as much as you do, but we can’t help them if we’re caught.”

“Right, like sorry.”

“What do we do now?” Applejack asked.

“You snuck up on me you jerk!” A voice called out. “Let me out!”

Rarity turned toward one of the caves where the voice came from and immediately recognized it.

“It’s Daphne!” Rarity said. “Down this way, come on.”

Rarity and the others slowly made their way down the passage. They stopped just upon a corner and quickly huddled against the wall. One by one, they peeked their heads from behind and saw a shocking sight. They saw a giant cavern with a giant pit off to the side, vents from the ceiling indicated that it led toward the mountains. There Daphne stood strapped to a contraption, overlooked by Zarkos and a pair of cultists. A device activates slowly reached toward their friend, like a freaky looking crane, controlled by the hulking Luchadore.

“That can’t be good,” Daphne said, frightened.

“Daphne!” Rarity cried, quietly.

Rarity was about to reach for her, but the other girls held her back reluctantly watching the device at work. As the crane got closer, they watched and listened as Daphne repeated ‘No’ before something terrifying happen. It appeared to pierce deep inside Daphne’s chest, as it began to glow, and she screams as the device drags something from her body. After an uncomfortable moment, a glowing head that looked like Daphne’s emerges as her body went limp. Shaggy skid backwards, scared out of his mind, while Fluttershy barely contained a whimper, holding onto her friends tightly as tears streamed down her eyes.

“Hey, put back my spirit thingy!” Daphne’s spirit shouts. “That is so uncool and you’re messing up my hair!”

As they looked on, Zarkos sinisterly carried Daphne’s glowing orb drawing everyone’s attention toward a large, strange-looking vat glowing as brightly as Daphne’s ‘spirit thingy’. Shaggy and the girls looked on as Daphne’s spirit was hung over the giant vat.

“You’re a jerk!” Daphne shouts, in defiance. “Capital J—”

But before Daphne could finish, Zarkos dropped Daphne’s spirit head into the glowing vat. Suddenly, before they thought it couldn’t get worse, one of the demons leapt out from the pit. It lingers towards Daphne’s limp body, adjusting her head for a better look. Then, it forcefully opens her mouth and sticks a claw down her throat. To their shock, the creature appears to materialize inside Daphne’s body, the creature streaming into dust as Daphne’s body shook. By the time the process was done, Daphne’s eyes snap open with a sinister glare as it looked around the room.

“Oh Daphne…” Rarity whimpered, quietly. “What have they done to you?”

“Okay… That is WAY worse than I ever imagined,” Pinkie shook.

Once it was over, the Cultists unstrapped the bonds from ‘Daphne’ releasing it. The demonically possessed sleuth looks toward the cultists and spoke some random words in an eerie voice while the cultists helped ‘her’ down. Suddenly, it became clear to Shaggy and the Equestria Girls.

“That’s how they did it,” Twilight whispered. “They took all the college students so they can switch out their protoplasm.”

“Protoplasm?” Applejack asked.

“It’s essentially the living part of a cell or in this case, Daphne’s soul. They took it out so those monsters can inhabit the kids’ bodies. No wonder they were acting so strange; the monsters needed to blend in.”

As Twilight explained, it seemed to dawn on Shaggy as a thought occurred.

“Scoob… Flurry Heart…”

“We don’t know yet,” Twilight said, trying to keep calm. “At least, I hope not. Look, they’re leaving.”

Sure enough, as the Cults led ‘Daphne’ out into the surface, once the device was shut down Zarkos turned to leave to Celestia knows where. They waited until everyone in the cavern disappeared before it was safe to speak up.

“Something’s very wrong here,” Rainbow said, straight-forward.

“You are absolutely right, darling,” Rarity agreed. “What those beastly people did to Daphne, it’s so… So… Mortifying!”

“Why did they put that spirit thing in that weird vat?” Fluttershy asked, nervously.

Shaggy and Twilight look at each, then back toward the vat.

“If Daphne is in there, then that can only mean one thing,” Twilight speculated. “Come on!”

Without a second thought, they rushed toward the vat and peeked inside. The sight of the contents made their eyes widen and their mouths fall open. Inside the vat, swirling in a vortex, there were hundreds of glowing orbs eerily similar to Daphne’s… Perhaps even thousands. And much like Daphne’s, much to their shock, they were eerily human heads.

“Shaggy!”

The entire group looked around after hearing the strange ghostly voice echoing through the cave.

“W-W-What was that?” Fluttershy shook.

“I don’t reckon it’s ‘what’,” Applejack responds. “But ‘who’.”

“Shaggy!” The voice called again.

Twilight looks deep into the vat, her eyes widening farther when she saw something familiar. She tapped Shaggy on the shoulder, drawing his attention back to the vat. Shaggy peers in and it suddenly dawns on him…

“Velma!” Shaggy gasped.

Indeed it was Velma, or rather a weird glowing head version of her. Clarifying Twilight’s suspicions that all their friends are down there, among millions of other heads.

“Don’t worry Velma,” Twilight whispers. “We’ll get you out of there.”

Twilight raised her hand as if to reach into the vat only to hold back uncertain. But after a moment, she realized this was the only way to save her friends, possibly Scooby and Flurry if they’re in there. So she lunged an arm into the vat, cringing at the cold goop until she eventually pulls out the protoplasmic Velma.

“Oh, thank you Twilight,” Velma sighed, in relief. “Boy am I glad to see you guys.”

“No problem, Velma,” Twilight said. “Did you see Scooby and Flurry in there? And why are they keeping you all in there?”

“Scooby and Flurry Heart have been taken? I’m not sure what these people want with them, but wherever they’ve taken them they’re not here. I have a hunch as to what they’re up to, but I’d rather explain it when I’m not like this anymore.”

Twilight nodded her head understandingly. On one hand, she was disappointed that their two friends aren’t in the vat. But otherwise, if there is the slightest chance they are still alive, that was very reassuring.

“Now let me go, so I can return to my body,” Velma continued. “And then get out of here before they find all of you and steal your protoplasms too.”

Twilight, Shaggy, and the others nod in unison as Twilight released her grip on Velma’s protoplasm. They watch as her floating head quickly takes off through the cave.

“I always knew you were all heroes!” Velma called out.

Everyone else in the cavern just looked at each other, confused. Just when they thought they had this mystery figured out; the case grew stranger with every minute.

“Did that really just happen?” Rainbow asked, shaking her head. “Or am I still hungover from last night?”

“Well, I’m certain you’re still hungover, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity confirmed. “But yes, that did just happen.”

<>

Meanwhile, Velma’s protoplasm continued to soar rapidly through the air towards the Spooky Island castle. Near the back entrance to the castle, she saw her possessed body amongst a few other students as they entered the castle. Her protoplasm raced straight ahead towards her body.

“JINKIES!!!”

Velma’s body turned just as her protoplasm rushed into her body, propelling it backwards and crashing onto the ground. As the body laid upon the ground, a strange green light emerged from her chest and one of the creatures emerged, standing before her. As it snarled at Velma, something weird took place.

The creature’s skin sizzled and broke out in strange glowing boils all over its body. The creature shrieked, trying to cover itself from the morning sky before exploding into ash, which quickly whisked away by the wind. Velma’s eyes widened as she quickly grabs her glasses and put them back. Only one thing was on her mind:

What had she just seen?

<>

Back in the cavern, the gang searches the vat of protoplasm and vaguely saw what looks like Fred’s. Shaggy quickly reached in, grabbed the protoplasm and pulled him out.

“Hey, buddy,” Shaggy greeted him.

Fred’s protoplasm looked around, as if it didn’t know where it was before looking toward Shaggy.

“Shaggy! Listen man, someone must have spiked my root beer last night. Talk me down, man! Talk me down!”

Everyone just looked at each other, unsure of what he just said.

“Fred, I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not,” Rainbow Dash explained, bluntly. “But your very essence has basically been sucked out of you and we just pulled you out of a giant vat of goop!”

“You’re a freaky protoplasmic head!” Shaggy simplified.

Fred’s protoplasm cringed at the fact, knowing this was true.

“I know. But I’m still the best-looking protoplasmic head here.”

Rolling her eyes, Rainbow smacked the protoplasmic head from Shaggy’s grasp, sending it soaring out of the cavern.

“Like, what did you do that for?” Shaggy asked.

“What?” Rainbow shrugged. “We need to get him back to his body, don’t we? Besides, he had that one coming.”

<>

Meanwhile, by the time it left the cave, Fred’s protoplasm raced rapidly into the ‘Spooky Island’ hotel trying to return to his body. But it didn’t take long for him to realize he was beyond control at this point.

“How do you drive this?” Fred asked, himself.

As Fred tried to get this sorted out, he found his ‘body’ talking amongst a group of teenagers as they were just finishing a conversation.

“The Darkopalypse’s upon us,” ‘Fred’ informed. “Get what you need for the ceremony.”

Whether Fred got that message or not, that didn’t matter at this point. While the students were leaving to prepare, Fred tried to steer his way back into his body as it approached a room.

“On your right, you left,” Fred told himself. “I’m coming, good-looking!”

WHAM!!!

Unfortunately, Fred’s protoplasm slammed into a closed door preventing him from reaching his body. The protoplasm soon spiraled out of control and zoomed off to who knows where.

So wait? It can go into human bodies fine, but it seems to have trouble with…

DON’T YOU DARE USE THAT JOKE!

<>

Meanwhile, Shaggy and the girls were still fishing through the vat trying to find another of their friends. But for some reason, Shaggy pulled out a random guy’s protoplasm instead.

“Thank you so much, you saved me. Thank you!”

“Sorry, I’m looking for my friends,” Shaggy said.

Just as Shaggy was about to plunge the guy’s protoplasm back into the vat, a magical aura enclosed his hand. He quickly turns back seeing Twilight hold up her hand, casting her magic.

“What are you doing? Don’t just put him back!”

Twilight walks up to Shaggy, grabbing the protoplasmic head out of his grip before releasing her aura.

“I’m very sorry about that sir,” Twilight assured the head. “Now when you get back to your body, do not talk to anybody and find a safe place to hide until this is over. We promise to make this right.”

With that said, she released the head and watch it zoom out of the cave. She smiles with satisfaction, as everyone just watched. Shaggy turns back to the vat and reached in when he found Daphne’s protoplasm. He pulls her out, only she didn’t seem thrilled to be rescued… Again.

“Put me back, Shaggy,” She demanded. “I’ll figure a way out myself.”

“Daphne, no offense darling, but how exactly do you plan to get out of this situation?” Rarity asked.

“I don’t know,” Daphne responds. “I’ll use my tongue as an oar and swim to the edge.

“Sorry,” Shaggy said, quickly.

Shaggy then releases Daphne’s protoplasm, which shot her out of the cave. Seeing all their friends freed, the group took a breather trying to get over the shock.

“Would it be weird if I said this is the weirdest thing I’ve seen so far?” Rainbow asked.

“We’ve sure seen some pretty weird things in our lives,” Applejack nods. “But that there sure ranks up as the strangest.”

Everyone else nods at the statement, agreeing this has been a very confusing experience. Twilight scans the area to see if there was anything that could be useful when her eyes land upon something sitting off the far corner of the cave.

“Guys look!”

Twilight points ahead, as they all turn to see the Daemon Ritus just off to the side. They quickly run over and look as Shaggy picks it up.

“What do we do now?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well, Scooby and Flurry are not in that vat, that’s for certain,” Twilight confirmed. “We’ll need to find them somewhere else.”

“Like, I think we regroup with the gang first,” Shaggy suggests.

“What?! You said we had to find Scooby and Flurry!”

“I know I did. But we’re going to need all the help we can get if we’re gonna win this thing!”

Twilight really didn’t want to leave so soon, especially if she wasn’t sure if her little niece was okay. However, Shaggy did have a point. If they were to stand any chance of finding their friends, foiling this evil plot, and realizing that help probably wasn’t coming, they’re going to need all of Mystery Inc.

“Alright,” Twilight relents.

Shaggy nods his head, leading the girls through the mouth of the cave to regroup with the rest of their friends.

<>

Back near the castle, Velma was about to follow the students through the back entrance when she turns around. Her eyes quickly spot a protoplasm zooming in the air toward her and she soon had an idea. As she walks in, she stumbles upon ‘Daphne’ following from the back of the pack.

“Yo, yo, you, yo!” Velma said.

While it was pretty bad impression, it was more than enough to draw ‘Daphne’s attention and it curiously walks toward Velma. Once they were close, Velma quickly elbows her possessed friend into a room, the Manager’s office of the castle. Velma guards the doors waiting for the protoplasm to come in as ‘Daphne’ stood in shock.

“What the…?”

But the protoplasm crashes into ‘Daphne’ before it could finish, sending her body falling backwards toward a couch. Her body lurched into spasms, as if something was fighting to stay inside her. But just like Velma, Daphne’s chest glowed a bright green and the monster bounced out of the body. It quickly turns around, growling towards the stunned woman looming over the frightened girl as Velma rushed toward the shutters.

“You could use a little sunlight,” Velma declared.

Quickly, Velma pulls back the shutters as a beam of morning light struck against the beast, who quickly shields himself. Just then, the monster noticed the boils on his arm and screams as it feels a burning sensation. The beast desperately tried to blow off the boils as flames explode from it’s claws, hopping around desperately until it eventually explodes into ash and disappears. The girls sat in silence as Daphne tried to come to terms with what happened, all while Velma started to put the two-and-two together.

“That’s one part of the mystery solved,” Velma explained. “The creatures need our bodies to survive in sunlight. Like a human suit. SPF 1,000,000. But what are they doing here in the first place?”

Realizing she was talking to herself, Velma turned towards Daphne, who wasn’t quite paying attention. She seemed more concern with looking at herself, as if something was wrong.

“Daphne, you okay?” Velma asked.

Then, as if the weirdness couldn’t get stronger, the next few words leave even Velma surprised.

“Yeah,” Daphne spoke, in a male voice. “But I’m not Daphne!”

“Fred?!” Velma asked, in shock.

“I couldn’t get to my body,” Fred-Daphne explained. “I didn’t know where else to go. It’s not easy to steer when you’re pure spirit.”

While this was a lot for Velma to take in, she imagined that if Fred is in Daphne’s body then she had a rough idea as to what happened with Daphne’s. But then, ‘Fred’ looked at himself through Daphne’s body and suddenly… He began to smirk.

“Hey… I can look at myself naked!” Fred said, with a dance.

Velma gave a look of annoyance. Of all the worst times Fred could say something so immature, this was not the best time. It was a good thing the other girls weren’t around, especially Rainbow Dash, or else they’d be ‘really’ sore.

“Oh, brother,” Velma muttered.

Velma simply walks away as Fred-Daphne look on. Before he leaves, Fred takes a quick peek through Daphne’s dress, smiles satisfied and then follows Velma out of the castle.

You know… For kids!

<>

Running through the forest, Shaggy and the girls searched the grounds for their friends. As they ran, making sure they weren’t followed, they heard a commotion in the distance.

“Get your hands off me!” Daphne’s voice cried.

“Daphne?” Velma’s voice answered.

“He planned this somehow, didn’t he?”

“Hey, good-looking!” Fred’s voice greeted.

“Fred, you egocentric…” Daphne began.

In the midst of their banter, Shaggy and the girls raced toward a clearing where they stumbled upon the three members of Mystery Inc.

“Please tell me you guys are you,” Shaggy said to them.

“Fred keeps touching me!” Daphne’s voice spoke, from Fred’s body.

This made everyone reel back in shock, as their mouths hit the floor again. They could not believe they just heard Fred talk and act exactly like Daphne, even using her voice. Which meant Daphne was talking like Fred, but fortunately Velma seemed normal.

Well, aside from a slight change in wardrobe especially showing…

Dude, can we TRY to keep this a family show?!

“Okay, this is all getting to be too much for me to process all at once,” Rainbow shook her head.

“This entire adventure is a little too much for us all, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity retorts.

“Kind of makes you nostalgic for the homicidal creatures,” Velma joked.

Shaggy placed the Daemon Ritus upon a tree stump, just in front of the whole group.

“We stole this,” Shaggy said.

“Hopefully it will help,” Twilight added.

“The Daemon Ritus!” Velma admired.

Suddenly, the entire group, including the Equestria Girls, felt a strange sensation take over them and one-by-one each of their protoplasm left their bodies. They swirled and zipped around for a moment or two, until each protoplasm went back to each and every person in the area.

“Hey!” Daphne said, in her usual voice. “I’m me again!”

“Yippie for you,” Velma sighed, in Fred’s body.

“What in Celestia’s good name happened to me?!” Rainbow freaked out, in Velma’s body. “I’m an egghead!”

“Wow, what a really rude thing to say, Dash!” Twilight said, in Rainbow’s body.

“Oh, this is absolutely atrocious!” Rarity complained, in Pinkie’s body. “Pinkie, how can you stand having your hair this messy?!”

“I don’t see what the big deal is,” Pinkie smiled, hopping in Twilight’s body. “I think this is totally cool! I always wondered how much fun it would be playing some pony else for a change.”

“Man, like why am I wearing a dress?” Shaggy whimpered, in Rarity’s body.

“Everyone remain calm,” Fred said, in Shaggy’s body. “Velma, what the heck is going on?”

“If my calculations are correct,” Velma/Fred began. “Due to the instability of protoplasm in proximity of the Daemon Ritus, we’re going to continue randomly changing bodies until…”

Suddenly, the protoplasm exits their bodies again, zipping around their heads, before reentering their bodies.

“… Until the protoplasm aligns with the appropriate bodies,” Velma/Shaggy finished.

“I’m Fred again!” Daphne/Fred complained.

“So till we end up back in our original bodies,” Rainbow/Fluttershy spoke. “This is just going to keep happening?”

“Basically,” Velma/Shaggy nodded.

“W-W-Well I hope it d-doesn’t take too long,” Fluttershy/Twilight whimpered.

“Oh Daph, what’s wrong with you?” Shaggy/Daphne asked, clutching his stomach. “Don’t you ever eat?”

The protoplasms shot out of their bodies out of their bodies again, repeating the whole process, scrambling about returning to the bodies.

“I’m me!” Fred cheered.

“I’m back!” Daphne said, thankfully.

“Like me too!” Shaggy gasped.

“Told you so!” Velma smirked.

“OH, COME ON!!!” Rainbow Dash cried.

While Mystery Inc. and most of the Equestria Girls were back to normal, they quickly turn to see Rainbow Dash and Applejack staying side by side. However, they weren’t exactly themselves.

“That stupid device must be broken!” Rainbow Dash/Applejack whined. “I can’t get this whole soul-swapping junk to work!”

“Now settle down now, sugar cube,” Applejack/Rainbow Dash assured. “This is weird for me too. We just need to calm down, get our alignments in order…”

“Are you kidding me?!” Rainbow Dash/Applejack interrupts, freaking out. “I’m a member of the Wonderbolt, but they’ll never take me in if I come back as an ‘Earth Pony’! I mean, no offense A.J., I’m sure I can still pull this off. But how long is it going to take until I’m back to my awesome self? I mean, what other combinations am I having next? TwiDash? RariDash? Rainbow Pie??! I don’t even like ‘pie’…”

“Oh, land’s sake!” Applejack/Rainbow Dash groaned. “Every pony, stand back now!”

Nodding, he “normal” Mystery Inc. kids and the other Equestria Girls quickly stepped as far away from the Daemon Ritus as possible while AppleDash approached RainbowJack. AppleDash latches onto RainbowJack’s shoulder till their eye-to-eye.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey, what do you think you’re…?”

Before RainbowJack could argue, AppleDash plants their lips together as the former eyes went wide. But then, as they close embracing the moment, their cheeks began to glow as the Daemon Ritus worked the protoplasms through each other’s bodies. After the process was finally done, they release their lips and gasped, taking a few deep breathes.

“Thanks!” Rainbow Dash sighed, in her normal voice.

“No problem,” Applejack sighed, brushing her hat. “I’m just glad that confusion is over, once and for all.”

As Applejack adjusted herself, it was then the girls turned and noticed that everyone was staring at them. The girls especially were wide-eyed at that unexpected scene, while Pinkie Pie was holding it in as if she were about to explode.

“What?” Applejack asked, bluntly.

“I… KNEW IT!!!” Pinkie declared, pointing.

Suddenly, before any confirmation is made, a large explosion drew their attention to the beach.

“OH NO!” Fluttershy gasped. “We’re under attack!”

“I don’t think it’s an attack,” Twilight said. “Come on, let’s go!”

With that, they all raced through the jungle area eventually reaching the beach. It was here they saw the voodoo man, sitting at a fire outside his hut.

“Something tells me I was using the wrong ingredient,” The voodoo man muttered.

The whole group was about to approach him when Daphne held her hand, signaling to stop.

“Hang on, I know how to handle this guy.”

Smiling, Daphne casually approaches the voodoo man.

“Hey, you!” She calls out, casually. “What are you doing?”

Everyone else just shook their heads, while a few of the girls face-palm at the simplicity. Needless to say, the Voodoo Man wasn’t happy to see any of them.

“Yes, that is masterful,” Velma said, sarcastically.

“I’m trying to do a voodoo ritual over here, thank you,” The Voodoo Man said. “I need to get the right ingredients. The only way to protect myself is by blessing this dead Arnouki beast.”

The voodoo man held up a small, shriveled, ugly-looking creature that made the girls reel back in fear and disgust.

“Oh, that is so revolting!” Rarity gagged.

“They’re about to perform their evil Darkopalypse ritual,” The voodoo man said.

“Darkopalypse ritual?” Velma questioned.

“Right.”

Velma pulls out the Daemon Ritus, opening it up for further inspection.

“That’s what the ancient text describes…” Velma began.

The voodoo man recoils seeing the Daemon Ritus, holding the Arnouki beast in front of him.

“Hey, hold up!” He freaked out. “Don’t open that! Don’t open that!”

“They use the protoplasm in the vat as an energy source,” Velma continued. “And their leader needs to absorb a purely good soul, and a soul of innocence, to complete the ritual.”

“Legend has it that once their ritual is performed, the creatures will rule over Earth for ten thousand years,” The voodoo man concludes.

“Ten thousand years?!?!” Rainbow Dash gasped. “That’s ten times more than a thousand!”

“You’re darn right, Rainbow Brite,” The voodoo man nods. “So that’s why I’m taking this dead Arnouki beast up in my house to protect myself.”

“You got another one of those?” Shaggy asked, nervously.

“Make that two,” Pinkie added.

The voodoo man just shook his head, as he walks back into his house.

“Those creatures are taking over the world?” Daphne asked, frightened. “That is so mean!”

“They can’t do the ritual without a pure human spirit and an innocent human,” Fred spoke, thinking. “Where are they going to find those?”

“I didn’t say ‘human’,” Velma shook her head.

The others look between each other, wondering what Velma meant. If the creatures don’t need a human soul of purity or innocence, what else could they possibly us? Unless…

Shaggy and Twilight look at each other, with a knowing look of horror.

“Oh boy,” They said, in unison.

<>

In the depths of Spooky Island Castle, poor Scooby Doo whimpered as he sat in a huge pyramid shaped cage, where the Daemon Ritus originally sat. Scooby Doo had been there ever since he & Flurry fell into the cavern. He vaguely remembered what happened: By the time they hit the bottom, they were ambushed by cult members waiting for them. Flurry was forcibly taken from Scooby’s back, chained up and muzzled in a barrel before she could do anything. Scooby ended up dragged away and locked in this cage. Scooby had no idea where Flurry was or rather where he was, as he looked around for an escape.

There were a group of people, two in the skeleton costumes, and the other a possessed teen playing cards. Scooby knew he needed to escape and had an idea. He starts making faces, clutching his chest and making moaning sounds as if he was having a heart attack. He stumbles around feigning to be in pain, hoping the guards will open the cage and check on him. After a few seconds, Scooby finally ends it by falling flat on his back pretending to be dead.

If Velma were here at this point she’d be like…

“What a ham!”

Man, you stole my joke!

*Clears throat* Needless to say, whatever Scooby had in mind, the guards were not buying it.

“It didn’t work the first time you did it,” The possessed teen said, bluntly.

“Ri really am read!” Scooby argues.

“Then, why are you talking?”

Scooby Doo realized his mistake and slapped himself on the forehead.

“Rupid!”

Suddenly, the cage starts to open as more cult members enter the chamber. Scooby looks up, whimpering as they surrounded all the exits. Before his eyes, the leader of the cult, N’Goo Tauna, approaches him, staring sinisterly toward the frightened dog.

“Hello puppy…”

The other cult members came up behind the Great Dane, goading him to move. He quickly obliged, as he follows Tauna to who knows where. They walked through the entire castle until they arrive at an office. As Tauna opens the door, Scooby enters to see a familiar face sitting at the desk: Mr. Emile Mondevarious.

“Scoobert!” Monderavious said, kindly. “How are you, my friend? Sit down, please.”

Tuana walks away, as Scooby sat on one of the leather sofas. Mondevarious grabs a box off his desk, kneeling to Scooby’s level and opens it up revealing his favorite snack.

“Scooby Snack?” Mondevarious offered.

“Hmmm…” Scooby thought, seeing all the treats. “Raybe one…”

Within seconds, Scooby devours the entire box of Scooby Snacks. Mondevarious looks in the box, seeing nothing left inside. Not even crumbs.

“Definitely going to have to get some more of those.”

Scooby looks over the side table and sees a picture of him inside the Spooky Island Castle (Their first time inside, specifically).

“Rey, rats me!” Scooby said, excitedly.

Mondevarious smiled at the Great Dane, watching him strike the same pose as the picture.

“It certainly is. And that’s because… Why? We love you, Scooby-Doo. Unlike that alleged friend of yours, Shaggy. He wouldn’t believe you about that nasty girl Mary Jane, would he?”

Scooby shook his head sadly at the memory.

“Ro… Rut rits okay row,” Scooby explains. “Rilight and the rothers relped us work it out!”

“Are you sure you can truly trust those meddlesome girls?” Mondevarious asked. “After all, you’ve only known them for such a short time, haven’t you? How long was it now? Two days? Three days?”

Scooby thought for a moment, but deep down he had to admit Mondevarious made a good point. He hadn’t truly known these girls long enough and they didn’t even defend him despite being sure he had seen something wrong with Mary Jane. In fact, he ‘knew’ he saw something but they didn’t believe him either.

“But I believe you my friend,” Mondevarious continued. “And that is why I have a very important job for you.”

Scooby, meanwhile, was preoccupied with playing with the bobble-head cat on the end table.

“Ruts that?” He asked.

Mondevarious rolled his eyes, his facial expression appears as if he’s trying not to growl.

“That’s a cat with a bobbing head,” Mondevarious answered, slapping his paw. “Please, don’t touch it.”

Now having Scooby’s full attention, Mondevarious was ready to tell him just what he needed to do.

“Scooby… I need you to be a sacrifice.”

“Ra racrifice?” Scooby asked.

Mondevarious just slowly nods his head.

“Rut does rat mean?”

“Oh, you shall see soon enough, my friend,” Mondevarious smiled.

Scooby thought for a moment. He didn’t know what a sacrifice was or what that would require him to do. However, he did imagine it made him feel very important. Plus, if Mondevarious believes in him so much, that was more than enough to make him feel special. There was just ‘one’ thing he needed to know…

“Ro you know where Rurry is?” He asked.

“Oh! You mean the little one? You’ve no need to worry, my friend. I promise you she is quite safe. In fact, she is going to help us as a sacrifice too. Now, all we need is you Scooby Doo and together we shall create a new world… A ‘better’ world. What do you say?”

Mondevarious stuck out his hand for the Great Dane to shake. As Scooby looks at the outstretched hand, all the information swirled through his head. Mondevarious was asking him to create a better world, one where a true best friend would never question his instincts about their girlfriends or yell at him when they think he’s wrong. And if Flurry Heart was going to help him build this world, how bad could it be? Making up his mind, Scooby Doo smiles, puts his paw in Mondevarious’ hand and shook it.

“Rokay!”

“Wonderful!” Mondevarious cheered. “Now, if you just follow Mr. Tauna, he will escort you somewhere where you will be ‘taken care of’. After all, you want to look your best for your own party.”

Scooby hops off the sofa, walking toward the door which Tuana opened. As he left the office, out of earshot, Tuana turns toward Monderavious, whose demeanor changes.

“Make sure that mutt is satisfied,” Mondevarious sneered. “Don’t let him out of your sight!”

Tuana nods slowly, following the Great Dane out of the room. Mondevarious smiles wickedly, now this plan was coming together nicely. When no one was looking, he walks back behind his desk and reach for one of the books on the bookshelf. He pulls it till it gave a click.

The bookshelf slid to the side revealing a room lined with steel walls. In the center of the room stood a small podium and nothing else. Atop the podium, entrapped in a magically concealed bubble and wrapped in chains, the little alicorn Flurry Heart sat. The poor little foal had huge tears in her eyes, sliding down her face and landing on the muzzle wrapped around her face. Mondevarious slowly approaches the little foal, kneeling to look her in the eye.

“Soon little foal, you and that stupid dog shall be consumed,” Mondevarious growled. “And once I do, I shall rule this world for thousands of years!”

As he spoke, Mondevarious’ eyes glowed green while all little Flurry could do is whimper and turn away from the evil man. The man in question merely chuckles, before proceeding out of the room re-sealing the door closed.

<>

Back at the beach, the entirety of the situation had hit the rest of the gang. Suddenly, they understood the severity of this mystery.

“So if the person behind this needs Scooby and Flurry…” Velma started.

“Then that person is the one who brought them here,” Daphne finished.

“Mondevarious!” Shaggy realized.

“Well, if Mondorajagaga wanted Scooby and Flurry, then why’d he invite the rest of us?” Fred asked.

“Does that really matter right now?” Twilight piped in. “We need to stop standing around and do something!”

“She’s right,” Shaggy said, determined. “We like gotta go save Scooby and Flurry.”

Shaggy and the other girls turned to head out before Fred stopped them.

“Guys! Our area of expertise is nut jobs in Halloween costumes.”

“So what?” Rainbow asked. “You guys are just going to stand around and do nothing?”

“Here I thought ya’ll were supposed tah be the best mystery solvin’ team in the world!” Applejack shook her head.

“After all this time with all of you, I thought better of you!” Rarity pouted.

“Exactly!” Shaggy said. “Like, we’re supposed to be heroes, man.”

Fred, Velma, and Daphne looked at each other, knowing that everything they said was true. Meanwhile, Shaggy grabs Daphne’s purse and pulls out a Scooby Snack before giving the purse back.

“So I’m gonna do what I always do,” Shaggy declares. “I’m gonna eat myself a Scooby Snack and I’m gonna go save my best pal and my new little buddy!”

"Then the girls and I are going to,” Twilight said, tears in her eyes. “Because I won’t abandon my niece or Scooby for anything. We won’t fight for them to be famous, to get respect or to break any female stereotypes. You kids are free to do whatever you want, but we’re saving them because we ‘love’ them.”

One by one, the rest of the girls step beside the two.

“Just let those monsters try to stop me,” Rainbow growled, cracking her knuckles. “I’m gonna pound Mondevarious so hard, the whole ground will cave in.”

“It’s high time we stop this once and for all!” Applejack added.

“Time for the magic of friendship to be put to the test!” Rarity professed.

“And stop big meanies from taking over the world!” Pinkie said.

“And as long as I’m with you girls, I won’t run from anything,” Fluttershy exclaimed.

Seeing the fierce determination on all of them made Fred smile, as he turns to Velma.

“What do you think, Velmster?”

Hearing Fred give her a nickname made Velma’s mouth drop, as her eyes widen in shock.

“Oh, you think I’m gonna fall for that? Giving me my own nickname? Trying to make me feel like… Part of the gang?”

She turned toward them all, as if for the first time in forever, Velma Dinkley actually felt like a major player on this team. That alone put a smile on her face.

“We could make a plan.”

However, Daphne was still feeling a little dejected.

“What can I do?” She frowned. “All I’m good for is getting caught.”

“But you never let that stop you before,” Fred smiled at her. “And if that’s not a true hero, then I don’t know what is.”

Hearing this made Daphne smile, as everyone was finally on board. Shaggy sticks out his hand in the middle of the group, then Fred did the same. Daphne came next, followed by Velma. One by one, the Equestria Girls joined in: First Twilight, then Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie, who shook excitedly. Once everyone’s hands met in the middle, they smile at each other as one cohesive team.

“Let’s get jinky with it!” Velma smiled.

They all threw their hands in the air as Pinkie Pie shouts, ‘WHOO-HOO!’. Soon, they put their plan into effect: To rescue Scooby and Flurry Heart and save the world!