• Published 3rd Jan 2020
  • 7,892 Views, 115 Comments

Light and Dark - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle is gone after tragedy has befallen, in her absence a new unicorn comes to town but is secretly up to no good as she has a hidden agenda and a mysterious motive up her hoofs.

  • ...
16
 115
 7,892

Chapter 27: The Kingdom Part Two

Chapter 27

The Kingdom Part Two:

Once Midnight calms herself to the point her heart is no longer glowing continuously she takes a moment to sink in what Luna and Cadance have just told her.

“Tirek is set on possessing Alicorn magic. When he comes for us, we cannot have what he is looking for.” Luna further explained to Midnight.

“And exactly how do you propose we do that?” Midnight questioned where this is leading to.

“Well we know for a fact our magic cannot just disappear into thin air.” Luna added on to her explanation. “Somepony must keep it safe.”

“That somepony is you, Twilight.” Cadance told her as she approached her.

“Why me?” Midnight questioned sounding a little surprised at this.

“Although Tirek is now aware that a fourth Alicorn princess exists in Equestria. With your powers and capabilities even when used for dark purposes you have shown, we believe you have what it takes to stop Tirek with our powers combined. If we transfer our magic to you, Tirek will no longer be a threat .” Luna continued to explain

“Do you understand what we're asking of you?” Cadance seriously asked her of what they are both putting down here.

“Yes.” Midnight understood still sounding astonished that the princesses are planning to give her their magic for safekeeping. “It's just... the fact that even after what I did you are all more than willing to trust me by transferring to me your magic?”

“Twilight, differences and actions beforehand aside, you still represent the element of magic. If there is anypony who can do this, it's you.” Cadance further emphasized her faithful trust in her as she places a hoof onto her shoulder as Luna nods to her as well.

“This is the role I am meant to play as a princess of Equestria!” Midnight said with determination not to let Tirek ruin everything she has worked up to for. “I will not fail to do my duty!”

“Then we must begin at once.” Luna proceeded as Midnight summoned Celestia with her magic so she could be explained to by both Luna and Cadance their plan of transferring their alicorn magic to her. Once they fully explained to her the plan all three alicorns positioned themselves in a certain formation as they spread their wings and activated their magic from their horns. After charging all of their magic up their eyes turned bright white as they shot a very powerful sphere of magic up high into the air which Midnight calmly readies herself for the incoming surge of magic she is about to receive as all of the magic enters her body.

Once all of the magic surges into her body her own eyes glow white as her wings spread out as her body adjusts to all of the alicorn magic she had just received as electric sparks form around her until they finally stopped allowing her to place a hoof over her eye once the transfer was complete.

Once she opens her eyes she sees all three princesses completely drained of energy and without their cutie marks on their flanks looking very saddened of what they had just did.

Midnight seeing this couldn’t help but feel sorry for them even Celestia. Even with everything she had just said and did to her a part of her can’t help but feel that she truly doesn’t deserve to be punished that much even though she was more than willing to have her locked but wasn’t willing to go as far as take their magic from them even though they gave it to her even when they had no reason to.

“It is done.” Princess Celestia said out of breath as Midnight processes what had just happened for a moment.

“Well?” Midnight started with zero pleasure in her voice of absorbing the princess's powers. “Guess I better go figure out how to stop Tirek before it’s too late.” She solemnly said she starts to turn away to figure the next best course of action before stopping and turning around with her horn lightening up as she teleports out of the throne room and to the hallways where the royal guards where so she can order everypony in Canterlot to be evacuated immediately so they can all be protected from Tirek sucking up their magic before heading off to Ponyville so she can train herself for her inevitable battle against Tirek.

Deep down she wanted to help the princesses find a nice place so they can be safe from Tirek feeling he is going to imprison them once he meets them but since Tirek is going after them next she can’t as it would meet more lives being further endangered by the evil centaur.

Before leaving she meets up with Spike back in her room who is going through his checklist.

“Oh hey, Twilight.” Spike unenthusiastically greeted as he faced her. “How did the meeting go?”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” Midnight told him in a serious tone with a matching expression as she places a hoof on his shoulder as she sighed as she continues to break the bad news to him. “I just want to let you know that I am having everypony Canterlot evacuated in order to protect them from having their magic taken away by Tirek and having everypony in Ponyville stay in their homes until further notice.”

“What?” Spike asked in surprise. “I thought you said you just took care of him?”

“I did but it seems Discord has been swayed by Tirek offering him something more valuable than what I had to offer him despite my warnings. And now Tirek and Discord are now both an unstoppable threat on the horizon.“

Hearing this causes Spike to grow furious hearing of Discord’s betrayal. “Why the nerve of that guy. What about the princesses.” Spike asked Midnight of what they wanted to talk to her about.

“They have decided it was best that hold on to all of their alicorn magic seeing that I am the only one powerful enough to fight off and take him down.” Midnight calmly explained. “To buy me time so I can fully prepare against Tirek.”

“But, Twilight?” Spike responded now surprised and shocked hearing this. “Do you even realize how dangerous it is to try to fight him?”

“Yes, I’m aware. Something I am willing to tackle on to ensure all of Equestria is safe.” Midnight calmly acknowledges of what she is about to do while certain that she will prevail. “For the time being I have arranged for one of the guards to escort you to Ponyville so you’ll be safe from Tirek too.”

“But Twilight please…” Spike pleaded as he tears up as he hugs her by clinging onto one of her front hooves. “Don’t leave me. I don’t want to lose you for good.”

“I’m sorry Spike but this is something I got to do.” Midnight apologetically told him as she leaned down to his eye level and returned the embrace while allowing him to cry into her chest. “Should the worst case scenario happen to me just remember when I tell you I still see you as my #1 assistant and the best son a mother could ask for even after everything that has recently happened.” She kindly told him as she walked off to the door after ending their goodbye hug. “Take care of yourself.”

As soon as Midnight tells her those words Spike tears up as Midnight teleports herself back to Ponyville as she looks on at him sadly too as she leaves.


Once she makes herself back to Ponyville she goes into hiding for the time being back in her library where she demonstrates her new-found control of all of the alicorn magic by raising the sun with ease before heading off to the mountains nearby the Castle of the Two Sisters to practice her magic.

She starts of by flying around the castle, through the Everfree Forest effortlessly dodging multiple trees, then flies up into the skies as she loops around Ponyville before completing her lap around by flying back to the castle she would then fly multiple laps in order to burn off the excess energy in order to ensure she has better control of her powers.

Once she is certain she has flew enough laps around all of Ponyvile for an hour straight she stops flying and checks up through her crystal orb on how the others are doing.

She sees that both Discord and Tirek have made their way to the castle where they face off against Shining Armor and the royal guards who have stayed behind to fight them off while the others have evacuated.


“Shining Armor, why, whatever are you doing here?” Discord appeared near him as he wore the captain’s helmet and placed a claw on the back of his neck.

“Back off, traitor.” Shining Armor angrily responded by pushing him off of him casing Discord to raise his claws up innocently as Shining Armor gets into a fighting stance.

“The only one Discord betrayed was himself. Abandoning his true nature to make friends with weak-minded equines who offer him nothing!” Tirek retorted as drains the two royal guard of their magic now appearing very muscular, taller, and bigger from when she first met him.

Shining Armor sends a blast of magic his way which Tirek simply shrugs off as he eats it like a bite-sized snack before grabbing him by the horn and draining him off his magic causing him to fall over on the ground completely drained of his magic.

“How... could you... do this...?” Shining Armor weakly asked feeling betrayed as Discord looks he has some second thoughts about going through with all of this as Tirek places a hand on his back.

“Why don't you go and have a little fun? I won't stand in your way.” Tirek told Discord he’s earned the privilege to have his fun as he evilly chuckles causing him to change his mind again.


Midnight watching this can’t help but feel sorry for her brother as if what Tirek is doing is too much. Sure she took over Equestria and threw him in jail too but never went as far as taking away his magic much like with the princesses.

“Maybe I am taking this too far.” Midnight wondered to as she continuing watching as Tirek confronts the weaken Princesses ready to suck up their magic only to find that they actually have no magic as Princess Celestia smirks at managing to help Midnight stay a step ahead of him there as Tirek sits on the royal throne in front of the defiant princesses who refuse to speak to him as they sit down in front of the throne.


“Getting rid of your magic so that I cannot take it from you? That was your plan?” Tirek asked incredulous and amused that they would actually do that instead of facing off against him as he stands up. “How does it feel, knowing that soon, every Pegasus, unicorn and Earth pony will bow to my will, and that there is nothing you can do to stop it?” He taunted them as he held up small spheres portraying unicorns, earth ponies, and Pegasus’s.

“You will not prevail, Tirek. “ Celestia defiantly told him.

“Give my regards to Cerberus.” Tirek coldly returned to them as he uses his magic to imprison them in Tartarus.


Midnight watching this continues feeling empathy for the princesses including Celestia as if being betrayed by Discord wasn’t bad enough, the princesses she looks up to are now suffering a much worse faith by being imprisoned in Tartarus. For once things are not going according to plan for her as if she is facing another dark reflection of herself taking things to extreme levels in Tirek.

“I better get back to work." She said to herself as she focuses on firing magic blasts at random trees and teleporting through various parts of the forest seeing that it is only a matter of time before Tirek arrives.


After another couple hours of practicing with her magic she now feels she has complete control and confidence in her powers that she can take down Tirek she looks at her crystal orb to see the Mane 5 and Spike have made it back to Ponyville courtesy of her order to have everyone evacuated including the prisoners.

There she sees Discord has meet up with them only to imprison them in a cage so Tirek can drain them of their magic which Discord really has some regrets over doing but still presses forward with going along with his and Tirek’s takeover.


“You really think she'd do anything for them?” Tirek asked Discord who has told him everything about Midnight.

“If Midnight has magic to give, it will be yours. Soon there won't be a Pegasus, Earth pony or unicorn who will be able to stand up against us.” Discord confidently told him yes she will give Tirek his magic.

“Us? Who said anything about us?” Tirek scoffed as he uses his magic to lift Discord up in the air.

“You did.” Discord responded greatly taken aback hearing this.

“You've helped me grow strong, you've provided the means by which I can obtain Princess Midnight's magic, and now you are no longer of any use to me.” He told him in a way that their friendship meant nothing at all to him as he sucks up all of Discord’s magic from his mouth and prepares to head off to find her alone after dropping him to the ground.

“But you said this was a sign of your gratitude and loyalty. A gift from someone close to you.” Discord weakly and desperately reminded Tirek as he hold up the medallion he gave him trying to understand why he is betraying him like this.

“My brother who betrayed me. It is as worthless as he is.” Tirek coldly answered before setting off to find Midnight on his own.

“Surely you saw this comin'.” Applejack asked him as if he knew what he was getting himself into by making a deal with Tirek.

“I didn't. I truly didn't.” Discord sincerely responded sounding really heartbroken by what he has done.


“Well I told you so.” Midnight commented as she watches with dull surprise in her tone yet feeling sorry for him as well instead of anger at him for allowing all of this to happen.

“Why am I feeling like I actually feel sorry for them.” Midnight asked herself as she teleports by hiding under in between nearby mountains then teleporting through various areas as he is now look on the lookout for her.

“Princess Midnight!” Tirek yelled out to indicate that he is nearby.

“Tirek!” Midnight said to herself as her eyes narrowed down with furious determination.

“You have something that belongs to me.” Tirek shouted in her direction leading to her to immediately teleport to the library after remembering Owlowiscious is still in there and immediately teleport themselves out of the library yet blown a small distance as Tirek sends a fire blast right at the library having detected her presence after having absorbed Discord’s magic.

After safely landing she looks back at gasps at what Tirek has just done. He had just blew up her library, her home, the place she has lived ever since coming to Ponyville, even after descending to her road of villainy.

“No. NOOOO!” Midnight cried out as she releases Owlowiscious who flies to safety still completely stunned and hurt by seeing everything including every book destroyed and ruined by the power-hungry monster. Her shock then turns into pure rage as she grits her teeth angrily without raising her voice as she spreads out her wings and teleports above Tirek where she unleashes a massive magic blast at Tirek completely enraged as she is literally giving everything she’s got to bring him down, no strategy no plan to deal with as she has now decided to put an end to this once and for all. Tirek quickly protects himself with a magic sphere as he is pushed back by the power of all of the alicorn magic, the power of the alicorn amulet, and dark magic she obtained from the Crystal Empire creating a massive explosion with a massive cloud of dust appearing as Tirek emerges unscathed by the blast as Midnight flies down to the ground to face him glaring down at him angrily.

“Now I understand what your fellow princesses have done.” Tirek replied with a smirk realizing where all their magic has gone to.

Midnight simply flies up at great speed then charges down at up as Tirek fires magic from his horns attempting to push her back only for Midnight who is too strong to be pushed away immediately protects herself with a magic shield then teleports right in front of him to blast magic right at his face. Tirek was quickly able to redirect the blast away from his face and retaliate by picking Midnight up with his magic and throwing her in the direction of mountain in the distant causing her to slam into it. She manages to survive the blow and is unharmed as Tirek charges at her plowing through the mountain and carrying her through it.

Midnight responds by teleporting up in the air then immediately blasts Tirek straight down causing him to slam right into the ground creating a crater from the impact and then sends another powerful blast right at Tirek again for good measure.

Once she lands Tirek uses his magic like a laser beam to cut the huge chunk of land he was on and lifted it over his head then chucking it away to send Midnight in the direction of another mountain which she effortlessly was able to fly before making impact with it.

Midnight then charges at Tirek who responds by slamming his fists into the ground to cause rock formations to rise from the ground in another attempt to strike Midnight who effortlessly blasts all of the forming rock mountains and then unleashes one of her most powerful blasts right at Tirek’s direction at the same time he unleashes a counter-attack at him causing the two blasts to cancel each other out as a massive explosion occurs.

Once the dust is all cleared up Tirek emerges from the rubble created from the attack still unscathed as Midnight faces and glares down the large centaur still refusing to back down from this fight even while it's currently a standstill.

“It appears we are at an impasse.” Tirek stated as he snaps his fingers to reveal his captives in bubbles the Mane 5 and Discord all her former friends along with Spike. “How about a trade, Princess Midnight? Their release for all of the alicorn magic in Equestria.” Tirek offered at the glaring alicorn as she looks on her saddened former friends and Spike who are protesting at her not to give in to his offer. All except Discord who lies in his bubble wordlessly as he is completely devastated by Tirek’s betrayal.

“What’s it going to be princess?” Tirek asked her of his sadistic choice as Midnight ponders on how to approach this as for all except Spike are all enemies she has no reason to care about but also cares for everyone in Equestria and can’t let Tirek take away everything she has worked hard for.

“Don't do it, Twilight!” Rainbow Dash cried out to her.

“We aren't worth it!” Fluttershy added in agreement.

“Oh, but you are, Fluttershy.” Discord solemnly told her. “You're the pony that taught me that friendship is magic and she’s the pony that gave my heart’s desire. I had magic and friendship and the ability to have some chaotic fun, and now I don't have any of them.” He added as he covered his face in shame.

“Enough!” Tirek shouted at them to shut up as he spoke to the alicorn of his demands. “I want an answer, and I want it now!”

Midnight looked at each of the girls with a calculated expression as they look on expecting her to say no to his demands as they feel they deserve it for being terrible friends and after she made it perfectly clear of how deeply hurt she is by them abandoning them thanks to her very dark magic filled heart before responding to Tirek’s demand.

“I will give you my magic, in exchange for the prisoners.” Midnight calmly replied causing the girls to react in shock hearing this.

“WHAT?!” The girls replied hearing her unexpected response.

“As you wish.” Tirek replied with a satisfied smile as he snapped his fingers, causing the bubbles to pop to release them except for Discord giving them their freedom.

“All of them!” Midnight sternly clarified that what she said meant all of them including Discord.

“After the way he has betrayed you, you still want to him go to free?” Tirek asked in confusion of why she wants him free too.

“Release him!” Midnight again demanded.

“If that's what you want.” Tirek complied with her demand by literally popping his bubble to free him.

“Twilight?!” Spike exclaimed wondering why she is giving in to Tirek’s demands.

“What are you doing?” Rarity also exclaimed in the same tone wondering the same question.

“Thank you.” Discord sincerely expressed to the alicorn before turning to Fluttershy in a hushed tone “I'm sorry.”

“I know.” Fluttershy kindly replied in acknowledgement.

“Your turn.” Tirek turned to Midnight ready to collect her magic only for her to quick teleport away.

“What the...?!” Tirek exclaimed in surprise before being greeted with a massive magic blast by Midnight who appears charging at him which sends him flying back towards a nearby mountain as Midnight charges at him and unleashes another powerful attack at him causing him to hit another mountain causing it to break into multiple pieces upon making contact.

The girls seeing this realizes that was her angle by immediately attacking him before he can absorb her magic to get Tirek to lower his guard in order to continue their battle as they watch the fight in surprise. She had just saved them and got them out of harm’s way even after what she said and did.

“You traitor!” Tirek furiously yelled out. “We had a deal!”

“I’m afraid that deal went out the window the second you tried to back out of it by retaining Discord.” Midnight calmly retorted before unleashing everything she has got on him relentlessly attacking him with very hard-hitting magic blasts leaving no room for Tirek to retaliate as Midnight flies in to punch him hard in the face knocking him to near unconsciousness.

Midnight then immediately using all of her magic and energy sends another powerful blast at Tirek overwhelming and draining him of all of his powers returning him to weakest form as he now back in Tartarus imprisoned in a cage once again.

With that done, Midnight had succeeded and won their battle but it came at a price she was fully aware of as over-exerting her magic and energy would lead to her being drained of energy herself to the point of being on the very verge of death as she falls over on the ground losing consciousness.

She had just gave everything she had to save everyone in Equestria including putting her own life on the line which was something she was aware of when she made her choice in dealing with Tirek’s attempt to bargain with her.


She then slowly opens her eyes groaning as she regains consciousness and to her surprise she finds herself on a hospital bed in the Canterlot Castle.

“Huh?!” Midnight exclaimed in surprise as she sees herself back in her normal alicorn form. “Wha…” She said as looks around her surroundings to see the Mane 5 approach her in a huddle relieved to see she is awake.

“You’re okay!” Rarity exclaimed in relief as they all hug her in tears in their eyes.

“That was amazing, Twilight!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in excitement.

“I should have known you’d have a trick up your hooves!” Applejack complimented Twilight on her ploy.

“You were so brave!” Fluttershy sweetly complimented.

“That was so awesome!” Pinkie exclaimed in excitement.

“But how… how am I alive?” Midnight asked very confused of why she isn’t dead.

“After you went unconsciousness, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy quickly you flew you back to the Canterlot Hospital for immediate recover and that’s where Princess Cadance appeared and used her magic to heal you which brought you back. And just in time because you really would have died if Cadance had done what she did to save you.” Pinkie rapidly explained as fast she as could speak.

“What?” Midnight asked still in complete shock and surprise hearing this as she turns to Cadance. “But Cadance? How did you get your magic back?” She questioned how she managed to obtain the magic needed to save her life.

“When you released that powerful surge of magic to defeat and imprison Tirek some of my magic leaked out from your horn and managed to return to my horn after Tirek imprisoned us here.” Cadance replied as she placed a hoof on her shoulder as the girls break up the huddle to allow Cadance to embrace her in a hug. “Thanks to that we were able to escape Tartarus. And it’s just a relieve I was able to heal you when I did otherwise we really would have lost you for good this time.”

“But I don’t understand.” Midnight still replied in shock as she looks at everypony giving her heartwarming smiles as her heart continuously glows. “Why would you all save my life? After everything I said and did to all of you. “

“Because the Twilight I know deep down would do anything it takes to save everyone in Equestria.” Princess Celestia warmly replied. “Even risking her own life putting others before herself. Something that a student I used to teach learned when growing up.”

“Plus you saved them including Discord even after what had happened.” Luna added as she directed a hoof at the Mane 5 and then Discord who watches on silently unable to look at her at after what he did too.

Hearing this causes her heart to glow continuously again as her eyes tear up hearing this as she was not expecting all of this at all.

She had spent every day since the first wedding plotting her takeover of Equestria. She took over the Crystal Empire, tricked every pony into thinking she was dead, manipulated the Mane 5, the princesses, her brother, Discord, Spike, and everypony into playing into her hoofs into becoming an alicorn princess and obtaining the keys needed to access the Elements of Harmony, took control of Canterlot and Ponyville, and has just unleashed a terrorist like attack at the Equestria Games in order to take complete control of Equestria even going as far as breaking the Crystal Heart and threatening a never-ending storm on the Crystal Empire in order to achieve it.

During all the while she has spent this time so consumed with bitterness and hatred and instead of facing death like she truly deserved it they instead choose to save her and welcome her back into open hoofs as if her heart is being opened up to all of this love she is receiving and it is all too much for her.

“But I still just don’t get and that's the problem!” Midnight screamed as tears flew out of her eyes. “The fact that I just took over Equestria, committed all of those atrocities against you, and have made multiple attempts on all of your lives in order to achieve my goals. And the fact that I am now being welcomed by like everything is completely okay like nothing happened! Just how in Equestria can you possibly forgive me like after ignoring the fact that everything I just said and did to you all doesn’t bother one bit and that I truly don’t deserve any of this.”

As soon as she screamed those words she immediately jumped out of bed crying her heart out as she runs of the room leaving everyone stunned at what she had just said except for Discord who silently knew what she was going through.


Midnight would then run over to the balcony where she cried her heart out non-stop for a full hour while her heart literally still continues to glow all the while until she finally was able to stop crying and calm herself down enough by the time the others find her she is sitting down there looking depressed as her heart is still glowing with small tears still falling from her eyes.

“Wait here.” Cadance instructed the others to stay put. “I think its best that I try to reach out to her alone.”

The others nodded in agreement as Cadance walks up to the balcony to approach the depressed and despairing alicorn.

“Twilight?” Cadance called out to her. “You okay?”

“No I’m not okay.” Midnight sadly responded still in tears as she sobs. “To tell you the truth, I don’t know what upsets me more. The fact that you and the others forgive me even after what I did, or the fact that everything I worked up to achieve my dream has all literally fallen apart.” She said as she stood up still not looking at her. “And now they’ll never be able to see me for the pony I was meant to be, just when they were looking up to me.”

“Because deep down in your heart I could tell that you are still in pain from what happened at the wedding rehearsal and that you deep down want to really wanted what was best for all of Equestria.” Cadance calmly explained as she places a comforting wing over her shoulder. “I think deep down you do want to forgive them but that dark magic in your heart is leaving you unable to see that with all of that time wearing that Alicorn Amulet and overuse of all of that dark magic.”

“But even with Tirek escaping from Tartarus this wouldn’t have mattered. With Equestria under my leadership I would’ve gone on to live for thousands of moons to become the pony who remade Equestria into something perfect.” Midnight spoke still sounding distraught as she raised a hoof in the air before placing it down in defeat. “But in the end, it was all for nothing.”

“I wouldn’t say all for nothing, I mean you still will make a great princess with what you did today and you can continue building on to that if you’re willing to turn yourself around.” Cadance reassured her that she still can be a great princess if she is willing to turn a new leaf.

“I don’t know.” Midnight replied unsure about it as that means she would have to answer to everything she has done.

“I understand as this will mean revealing to everypony the truth and answering to everything you’ve done. But I know one thing about a true princess is that she knows when to step up when she’s made a mistake and come out stronger than before with the courage to make things right. And no matter what happens I will still love you.” Cadance further reassured Twilight that things will work on in the end no matter what happens.

“You… You what?” Midnight asked in astonished surprise hearing those words from Cadance as she finally turns to face her.

“I love you and forgive you.” Cadance repeated leaving Midnight sounding very touched hearing those words. “For you are the best pony a foalsitter could ask for and the best friend I ever had. And behind me are ponies willing to be rekindle their friendship with you again if you give them another chance.”

“But how do I know they won’t repeat the same mistakes again.” Midnight asked still uncertain that things are going to get better while still tearing up.

“Because they have truly learned their lesson from taking your worries lightly and have vowed they will try very hard this time not to hurt you again.” Cadance replied as she raised up a hoof offering her friendship and opportunity of redemption for her sister-in-law.

Midnight hesitated for a moment as the others walk up onto the balcony as they watch the scene as her lips tremble from hearing those heartfelt words she hasn’t heard in a while. After thinking she places her hoof onto Cadance to accept her offer before quickly pulling her in for a hug as she genuinely smiles for the first time in a while which she kindly returns.

After pulling away from her embrace Midnight stops tearing up while still smiling.

“Thank you for not giving up on me.” Midnight gratefully told her as they broke apart from their hug and then motioned to her to do something with that they haven’t shared in years.

“Sunshine, Sunshine, lady bugs awake. Clap your hoofs and do a little shake.” The two chanted to each other their secret hoofshake they haven’t done ever since Twilight was a young foal.

She then sees the Mane 5 approach from behind Cadance all smiling proudly at what they had just saw with Rarity grabbing a tissue to wipe away a tear that was forming from her eyes as well with her heart melted seeing this.

“Twilight.” Applejack started to speak as she takes off her hat. “I know I haven’t been living up to my element recently and I just want to say I’m sorry for not listening to you when you thought something was up with what we thought was Cadance at the time. We really should have listened to you.”

“I’m sorry too Twilight.” Pinkie Pie apologized as she hugged Twilight. “For not cheering you up when you needed it the most. And don’t worry once we fix everything I going to throw three parties.”

“And let me guess…” Midnight questioned. “One is an apology party, one is the welcome back party, and the other is a thank you for saving everypony party?”

“Yes!” Pinkie happily congratulated Twilight for correctly guessing the parties she is going to throw for her. “That’s exactly what I am going to do. You really do know me so well!”

“Well, I have been keeping tabs on everypony.” Midnight chuckled as she commented as Rarity and Fluttershy approach her.

“Twilight, darling.” Rarity started. “I am so sorry for abandoning you like that. I represent the element of generosity yet I wasn’t generous enough in a time of need.” She apologetically told her as she places a comforting hoof on her shoulder. “Can you ever find in your heart to forgive me?”

“And me?” Fluttershy shyly asked. “Even though I wasn’t kind enough to give you comfort when you needed it the most?”

Midnight thought for a moment of what the girls had just said to her as the light in her dark and glowing heart is now growing seeing a rainbow shimmer shine through her friends and in her own eyes before replying her answer to them.

“Yes, I forgive you.” Midnight reluctantly responded which the girls happily hugged her which is something Midnight didn’t return. “Even though I have made multiple attempts on your lives.” Midnight added sounding really upset of how far she has took her revenge on them.

“It’s all right Twilight.” Fluttershy kindly accepted her apology. “It’s not your fault. We all had a hoof in making you this way.”

“Yeah, while you have been trying your hardest to live up to being a good friend we on the other hoof were caught up with our own desires we never did our best to live up to our promises.” Rarity solemnly added. “We weren’t there for you when you needed it.”

“We're really sorry Twilight.” Rainbow Dash apologized. “Like the others I too didn’t live up to my element all for pursing something less important than friendship. Seems I have to work harder on being loyal to my friends more.”

“You’re not the only one.” Midnight sadly commented as she looked away ashamed. “For I haven’t been living up to mine for the sake of pursing for what I thought was in Equestria’s best interests while using my magic for ambitious purposes.”

After taking a deep breath Midnight lights up her horn and sends waves of magic at Celestia and Luna’s direction so she can transfer their magic back to them. Once the transfer was complete Celestia and Luna’s horns lit up allowing them to be able to use their magic once again and having their energy restored. Celestia grateful of having her magic returned embraces her former student in for a hug.

“It’s all right Twilight!” Celestia comfortably told Midnight as the latter tears up again. “You had good intentions even though you really didn’t have to resort to all of this. But that is also my fault for I too didn’t give you the comfort you deserved when you needed it.” She added with hints of regret in her voice. “Instead I coldly told you that you had a lot to think about which paved way for Chrysalis to imprison you underground when she could have killed you. If I hadn’t done that you never would have gotten hurt and we never would have nearly lost you.” She added as she used her wing to lift her student’s head up so she can look at her in the eye. “Twilight. I am so sorry for turning my back on you along with attempting to fight you. I should have never tried to fight you.”

“I’m sorry too.” Midnight tearfully apologized as well. “I should have never gone as far as carrying out that attack the games and terrorized all of Equestria.”

“Well at least this is all over now.” Celestia reassured her. “And now you can look forward to a shining new path of light ahead of you as you are still a princess here in Equestria.”

“You know something.” Midnight explained her thoughts of her realization. “All of this time I felt after being betrayed at the wedding rehearsal that I felt that I was destined to rule Equestria with high hopes for improving its future to the point I was willing to do anything to achieve my goals even if that meant resorting to extreme measures.” She said as she glanced at her friends and the princesses. “But now I realize I didn’t have to resort to all of this as I was too filled with bitterness and hatred to realize how sorry you girls were for what happened and that no amount of power that can fulfill that void."

“Well at least you have friends who care about you.” Discord commented as he hesitatingly approached the girls.

“Yes Discord.” Midnight questioned ready to hear what he has to say.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for betraying you Twilight.” Discord remorsefully started his apology. “You were right about warning me against teaming up with Tirek. He tricked me into believing that he could offer me something more valuable than friendship and what you had to offer for my services.” He added now sounding guilty and unwelcomed as he holds up the medallion around his neck. “But there is nothing worth more. I see that now. He lied when he said that this medallion was given as a sign of gratitude and loyalty. But when I say that it is a sign of our true friendship, I am telling the truth.” Discord concluded his apology as he places the medallion around his neck.

After Discord does so Midnight sees the rainbow shine across the medallion which led to her realizing by what she had just did she is now living up to her element and had just earned the key of the element of magic.

“The final key.” Midnight said to herself seeing that she now has all of the keys needed to access the elements of harmony again.

“What are you talking about, Twi?” Applejack asked in confusion.

Midnight sighed as she knows what know must be done to fix everything.

“It’s part of a long story.” Midnight started as she summoned the chest and the friendship journal.

“My, what have you got there?” Rarity asked wondering what is in her chest.

“And why do you have our friendship journal?” Pinkie questioned as well.

“Well you see, little did any of you know until now, I have been doing some hunting and research myself.” Midnight explained as she opens the chest revealing the trinkets the girls obtained throughout the time since the previous wedding.

“Are those…” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes, Fluttershy.” Midnight answered. “These are the keys to the elements of harmony.” The girls gasped in surprise seeing that she had and knew about them the whole time. “That I have gained from manipulating a series of events around you and secretly obtained behind your backs because obviously I couldn’t allow you all you re-access the one thing that could defeat me.”

“Well you’re not wrong for not underestimating what they can do.” Rainbow Dash replied understanding her reasons for doing so. “And admittedly, that’s pretty smart thinking there.” She complimented. “No other baddie would have ever thought to do that.”

“Thanks.” Midnight sheepishly thanked Rainbow for the compliment with a blushed smile. “These keys you obtained was when you all faced tough challenges that I set up so that you would all live up to your elements in order to obtain them.” She added as she focused on Applejack. “Applejack, do you remember when you had to tell everypony that the tonic Granny bought from the Flim Flam brothers didn't really work?” She asked and recalled her dealing with the Flim Flim brothers

“How could I forget? It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.” Applejack responded recalling the memory as she raised a hoof up and placed it on her chest as she recalls to the flashback of Granny Smith drinking the fake tonic before attempting a very dangerous high dive as Applejack’s eyes give the rainbow shimmer in realization.

“I hate to disappoint everypony, but there's no way Granny could have made that dive, because this tonic is a fake!” Applejack honestly confessed to everypony causing the crowd to gasp in shock hearing this.

“And in that moment, I knew I had to be honest. I just knew it. But I also wondered why you were there too.” Applejack questioned her.

“So I could secretly swap the coins without you knowing and hide the fact that I was the one who really created that tonic and sold the idea to Flim and Flam until now.” Midnight confessed as she held the coin from the chest.

“I see.” Applejack responded in realization. “So you wanted us to live up to our elements so you can get them behind our backs.”

“Yes.” Midnight honestly answered as she turns to Fluttershy as she flips a page and holds up a flower from the Breezies. “Fluttershy it was when you realized that the way to show kindness to the Breezies was by forcing them to leave your home.” She recalled the Breezies trip as Fluttershy remembers a flashback of forcing the Breezies to leave even though it was very tough for her to do.

“Oh, the looks on their poor little faces! But I knew that, as difficult as it was, pushing them away was the kindest thing I could do.” Fluttershy recalled. “But how did you have involvement in this.” She asked.

“Nothing other than suggesting to Spike of a tree he can stand on to get a good view which lead to the domino effect that happened and opening up a window for Seabreeze so he could try to get back on his own which resulted in the bee encounter.” Midnight honestly recalled.

“Well that wasn’t nice Twilight.” Fluttershy bluntly commented which Midnight accepted with a knowing nod that she deserved that before turning to Rarity as she flips through another page.

“Rarity, even after Suri took advantage of your generosity at Fashion Week in Manehattan, you didn't let it cause you to abandon your generous spirit.” Midnight recalled the events that happened at Manehattan.

“I simply couldn't have lived with myself if I didn't do something special for the friends who have always been so generous to me!” Rarity admitted herself of how horrible it was when she recalled the memory of how she treated the others that day. “And that explains why you were at Fashion Week too.”

Midnight nods yes in response before turning to Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow Dash, you had the chance to fly with the Wonderbolts at the Equestria Games, but instead you chose to compete with your friends.” She recalled her tough decision at the Equestria Games qualifying preparations.

“Sure!” Rainbow quickly agreed as she remembered. “But being loyal to my friends was way–“

“Ooh, my turn, my turn!” Pinkie interrupted as Midnight turns to the next page.

“Pinkie Pie, you realized that seeing your friend laugh was more important than proving you were a better party planner than Cheese Sandwich.” Midnight recalled Cheese Sandwich’s visit in Ponyville.

“Best party I've ever had.” Rainbow Dash mentioned while proudly placing her foreleg around Pinkie.

“It's clear we've all had our moments to shine because of your setups, Twilight.” Rarity spoke. “But I'm with Applejack. What does any of this have to do with the opening of the chest?”

“All of you had tough choices to make.” Midnight explained. “But when you made the right one and embraced your element, it helped somepony else make the right choice too. Each of you received something from the pony whose life you helped change including me just know. I know it sounds crazy, but these objects are the actual keys needed to re-access the Elements of Harmony as the chest is connected to the Tree of Harmony, the Tree is connected to the Elements, and the Elements are connected to all of us.” She further explained as she uses her magic to hold up all six objects.

“I ended up living up to my element the moment I have come to realize that I’ve been using by magic for dark and ambitious purposes instead of using for the greater good by coming to realize that my magic is meant to spread across the world, the magic of friendship.” Midnight explained her realization of how she earned her own key.

“And that’s when you demonstrated it by returning me and my sister’s magic.” Celestia further expanded on Midnight’s explanation.

“Yeah. Which reminds me…” Midnight agreed with Celestia’s response before holding her hoof up as if she just remembered something as she uses her magic to have her crown, necklace, and slippers back right on her causing the sun princess to smile warmly to non-verbally thank her for doing so before turning her attention back to the others. “And now that we have all of the keys here were going to use them to fix everything!”

“Are you saying what I thinking you’re saying?” Fluttershy hopefully asked with a smile.

“Yes Fluttershy.” Midnight confirmed with her answer to her question with a nod. “With the Elements of Harmony we’ll use them to fix the damage Tirek has done to all of Equestria and mostly importantly free me from all of the dark magic that has influenced into making all of those decisions I made as Midnight Sparkle.” She said with positive determination as she takes off the alicorn amulet and puts it in the wooden box and puts it down and slides to Princess Celestia so she can have it locked away in the royal vault.

“You girls ready?” Midnight asked the others as she instructed them to huddle around her so she can teleport them to the Tree of Harmony.

“Let’s do this!” Rainbow Dash eagerly replied as Midnight teleports them to the Tree of Harmony with the keys in tow.

Once they get to the Tree of Harmony in a flash, Midnight uses her magic to levitate the objects near the chest which causes them to transform into keys as they all fit through the slots surprising the Mane Five as they watch in awe.

Midnight is the first to approach the chest as she looks at the others.

“On the count of three we all turn the keys together as this is something we have to do together.” Midnight told the others in determination they are all in this together who all warmly smile at seeing they have their friend back.

“Ready?” Midnight asked the girls as she placed her hoof on her key as the other’s hold their respective keys ready to turn their’s on her command. “One, Two, Three!”

Once she says three, all six ponies turn their keys at the exact same time. As soon as they did so the top of the chest opened. A strong light, a rainbow bursts from the chest sending it to Twilight’s cutie mark which produces a bright light to all the other elements as they together produce a combined shining light from the tree covering everypony in a bright beam. As Midnight sees this play out she calmly accepts for what is about to happen as all of them underwent transformations.

When the Mane 6 all emerged they all had magical appearances. Pinkie had yellow, orange, and blue streaks in her mane with party balloons marks on her hooves. Rainbow Dash had lightning bolt marking on hers with rainbow colored wings and a much longer mane and tail. Applejack had red streaks in her mane with a red apple on her hat, a green bow tie in her hair, with apple markings on her hoofs. Fluttershy had long flowing pink and blue mane and tail just like Princess Celestia’s. Rarity has yellow, light blue and pink streaks in her longer mane and tail which she personally admired. And finally Twilight Sparkle emerges in front of the other five girls in her original appearance with purple fur and a dark purple mane with bright pink and yellow streaks in her long flowing mane and tail as the group have a magical dome form around them as the float up into the sky.

When they all float to the sky they release a magical rainbow across all of Equestria.

Twilight and Rarity float by the Canterlot Castle to restore the magic and energy of the royal guards who lost their magic to Tirek including her brother Shining Armor who happily grins with a single tear in his eye seeing her redeemed sister floating in front of her for a moment.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy fly by with a magical wave to restore the magic Tirek stole from all of the peagsus’s including all of the Wonderbolts.

Applejack and Pinkie Pie restore the magic to all of the earth ponies who are all glad to have their magic back along with their cutie marks.

Once magic was completely restored they all returned to the tree of harmony where they appear in front of the tree as it still continues to shine as there is one last thing left to take care of…

As the tree shines and produces a rainbow beam from the ground as the chest is lifted up into the rainbow and onto to the other side of Equestria as something large grows in its place. A huge and shining crystal-coated castle which everypony admires in awe seeing the sight of the most recently created castle as everypony’s mane’s and appearances return to normal except for Twilight who is lifted into the air as the magic from the Elements of Harmony engulfs her in a bright light as the Mane 5 shield their eyes from the glare. Once the light settles Twilight reappears in her original form her light purple fur, dark purple mane, pink streaks, and still an alicorn who smiles seeing that her heart is no longer glowing as she has been cleansed of all of the dark magic she has carried in her heart before turning her attention to the just recently created castle.

“Sweet Celestia! Are you all seeing what I'm seeing?” Rarity asked the others in awe at the sight.

“But... whose is it?” Twilight asked with same expression as the others.

“I believe it is yours, Princess Twilight.” Princess Celestia warmly answered as she appeared with Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Spike, and Discord who happily waves to the group.


Together everyone goes inside the castle to take a look of what glory awaits inside as Twilight and the princesses lead the way with Spike and the Mane 5 right behind them with Discord following a larger distance back as they walk through the castle hallway.

“Twilight, after everything you have experienced lately, you’re probably wondering what you are now meant to do as a princess. Do you know now?” Celestia spoke to Twilight as they continued walking down the hall.

“As princess, I believe I have the power to spread the magic of friendship across Equestria. I believe that this is the role I am meant to have in our world! The role I choose to have!” Twilight honestly shared after she reflected on her own epiphany as she sports a confident expression on her face. “Even though I defeated Tirek on my own…” She started before teleporting over to the Mane 5 and Spike as they get together for a group hug. ”…It took all of us to unlock the chest and it took the very power of friendship for me be free of the dark magic that was within my heart driving me down the dark path I was on! The very power that allowed me to find the light in the dark within myself when things were looking bleak.”

“Then it is unlikely you are meant to take on this task alone.” Princess Celestia mentioned as she uses her magic to open the double-doors in front of them causing Spike and the six ponies to gasp in awe at the sight of what they are seeing. It was a massive throne room with throne seats with cutie marks made specifically for all six ponies representing the Elements of Harmony in front of a large circle with a large star in the very center.

“You are now Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship.” Princess Celestia proclaimed as the Mane 5 all get themselves comfortable on their specialty made chairs. “But what is the princess of friendship without her friends?” Celestia adds as the Mane 5 and Spike all huddle around her.

Twilight then sees Discord peering from the doorway still hesitant of facing her after his betrayal. Without much hesitation Twilight uses her magic to bring him to join in on the huddle.

“Wait a minute, where's my throne?!” Discord asked in surprise seeing that he doesn’t have a royal seat with the girls.

“I don't think you're quite there yet.” Fluttershy sympathetically told Discord as she flew up to him.

“Yes, well, I suppose not.” Discord admittedly chuckled in agreement.

“Maybe someday.” Twilight assured Discord. “Somewhere as long as your heart is in the right place.”

“Thank you for forgiving me after everything Twilight.” Discord sincerely and gratefully thanked the young alicorn. “Even though my actions lead to Tirek nearly taking over Equestria.” He also glumly commented now feeling disgusted with himself especially after Tirek’s betrayal.

“Even though I should be mad at you, I actually should thank you as it put me on the right path and allowed me to find my true purpose as princess of Equestria and realize how much I have descended from straying on the dark path I was on all over a mistake that I should have gotten over a while ago.” Twilight told a repentant Discord that she thinks nothing of it. “For I spent too long dwelling on the past when I should have be looking forward on the future.” She added as looked in Cadance’s direction who in return delivers a warm smile. “Thankfully, I had somepony I met when I was a filly to give me the love I really needed for me to see that and learn to forgive those who have hurt me in the past.”

At that moment many ponies in Ponyville all approach the castle in amazement at the new sight of it wondering the same question Twilight and the others had when they first saw it.

“Hey look!” Pinkie called out as she watched them from the window. “Looks like everypony is here to greet us!”

“What?” The other ponies exclaimed in surprise as they join Pinkie at the window except for Twilight who quickly ponders to herself of how to handle this as everypony is introducing their eyes to the newly created castle.

Seeing that many ponies are approaching the front doors wondering what the castle is, Twilight takes a deep breath as she approaches the front doors about to take the next big step to her road of redemption as she prepares to answer the doors.

Rainbow Dash seeing this quickly flies in front of her with a worried look.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Rainbow Dash questioned Twilight. “You do this, there is no going back. Think about what everypony will say when you reveal herself and have to answer for everything you’ve done since the wedding”

“Yes Rainbow Dash.” Twilight calmly replied. “I know that it’s going to take a while for everypony to forgive me for everything I’ve done. But in order to take the next big step in redeeming myself I have to take do this.”

“I hear you Twilight.” Applejack understandably sympathized with Twilight for what she is about to do. “Honesty ain’t always easy. But it is ultimately the best policy as it is one of the elements of harmony and no matters what happens we’ve got your back.” She reassuringly added as she placed a comforting hoof on her back. “You of all ponies taught me that well, Twilight.”

Twilight acknowledging that she is talking about her honesty setup nods to Applejack with a thankful smile for understanding as she opens the doors to greet everypony gathered at the entrance as Rainbow Dash flies out of the way.

Once the doors open everypony gasps in surprise and shock at seeing Twilight Sparkle who is actually alive.

“Hello everypony.” Twilight warmly started her greeting as she steps outside with her wings spread out before folding them again. “You’re probably wondering how I’m alive.” Twilight started her explanation calmly. “Well, it’s because I was actually alive the whole time as the pony you saw since then was me.” She added on as she briefly appeared in her Midnight appearance before turning back into her original appearance.

“So wait, this whole time you were alive pretending to be somepony else.” Apple Bloom questioned.

“Yes.” Twilight calmly answered with closed eyes.

“But why did you do that?” Sweetie Belle questioned of why she would trick everypony like that.

“To get back at my friends, brother, and Princess Celestia for abandoning me in a time of need as well as forgetting some friendship lessons along the way from the first Canterlot Wedding.” Twilight answered calmly again as she open her eyes. “After being abandoned and nearly killed by Queen Chrysalis I was left feeling so hurt and betrayed I decided to fake my own death with the train accident in order to become the villainous pony Midnight seeking to takeover Equestria and overthrow the Princess to see to it that Equestria is remade in perfection in my eyes.” She added in the same tone ready to accept her punishment from them for lying to them the whole time.

“Well that wasn’t very nice, Twilight.” Scootaloo commented with blunt honesty.

“I know.” Twilight responded as if she deserved it. “I’ve come to see how wrong I was to do all this no matter how much pain and suffering they caused me in the past. I have no excuse for what I’ve done and I’ll understand if you all don’t want to forgive me or see me again as I will respect and accept whatever you decide and think of me.” She solemnly added as she turned away about to head back inside.

“Twilight, wait!” The Cutie Mark Crusaders called out to her as they ran up to her catching her attention.

As Twilight turns around the girls all hug her much to her surprise.

“You’re not leaving are you?” Apple Bloom questioned her with a pleading smile.

“Isn’t that what everypony here wants now that they know the truth?” Twilight questioned in return confused that she is not being told to leave.

“Of course not! We forgive you!” Sweetie Belle brushed it off to clarify they do want Twilight to stay and have no hard feelings towards the alicorn.

“Really?” Twilight asked with a surprised smile.

“Yeah!” Scootaloo firmly replied. “We all made mistakes and got into fights with our older siblings by saying things we all regretted in the end.”

“When Rarity got mad at me for trying to help her I went as far as denouncing Rarity as my sister.“ Sweetie Belle recalled her fight with her older sibling. “But thanks to Applejack I was reminded of all the good times I had with her and why I should still love her even after what she did.”

“Even though my sister Applejack isn’t a complete angel herself and we’d have our ups and downs we always make up in the end.” Apple Bloom assured Twilght as she turned to Big Mac. “Isn’t that right Big Mac?”

“Eeyup!” Big Mac responded in agreement. “Plus you also saved all of Equestria.”

“So you all really would still like me to stay even after everything?” Twilight hopefully asked with happy tears in her eyes.

The crowd all respond “Uh-huh” in agreement to say yes to her question much to Twilight’s delight.

“Thank you all.” Twilight gratefully responded as she wiped away the tears. ”Now how about we all get a look at my new castle as all Ponyville ponies are invited for the day.” She offered much to their delight as Twilight begins to sing.


“Each one of us has something special

That makes us different, that makes us rare.”

Twilight sang as she invited everypony inside the castle with her hoof.

“We have a light that shines within us

That we were always meant to share.”

Fluttershy sang as she and Rainbow Dash flew above the throne room as ponies walk inside the room.

“And when we come together

Combine the light that shines within

There is nothing we can't do

There is no battle we can't win.”

The Mane 6 sang as they danced row by row and face to face with Twilight and Fluttershy facing each other in one row, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in the second row, and Applejack and Rarity in the third row.

“When we come together

There'll be a star to guide the way

It's inside us every day

See it now! See it now!”

The girls sang as they walked up to the star and each raised a hoof towards the middle of the star as a rainbow burst out from the star with the rainbow flying all over Equestria.

“Let the rainbow remind you

That together we will always shine

Let the rainbow remind you

That forever this will be our time.”

The girls sang as the rainbow came back to the castle passing by Discord who is humbly and awkwardly standing as the princesses and all of the gathered ponies are holding no resentment towards Discord for his betrayal as he humbly gives Princess Celestia a bouquet of flowers to thank her for her letting bygones be bygones.

“Let the rainbow remind you

That together we will always shine.”

Twilight sang as her friends huddled around her for a group photo.


Just after having their picture taken, Twilight then looked at then saw her brother Shining Armor standing at the doorway having watched the entire song scene with a proud smile at Twilight’s direction.

“Amazing job, Twily!” Shining Armor proudly told his little sister who silently looked away as her smile faded upon seeing him as he entered the room.

“Thanks.” Twilight acknowledged her brother’s compliment glumly before turning her attention to the princesses and her friends. “Could you give us the room alone so we can talk.” She politely asked them so she could talk to her brother alone.

“Of course, Twilight.” Princess Celestia respectfully complied with her wishes as she motioned every pony to leave the throne room which they all quickly did so.

While every pony wanders off to further explore the castle, the mane 5, Spike, and the princesses all hang back so they can watch both Twilight and Shining Armor approach each other meeting face to face from the doorway.

“Listen Twilight, I just wanted to say…” Shining Armor awkwardly started speaking first while rubbing his shoulder nervously.

“I’m sorry.” Shining Armor and Twilight both said simultaneously surprising both ponies as soon as they said those words.

“You are?” Both ponies questioned each other at the same time.

“You go first…” Twilight allowed her brother to speak first.

Shining Armor took a moment to take deep breath to get his thoughts together before speaking to his little sister.

“I’m sorry for the way I talked to you the way I did back at the wedding rehearsal.” He started with a sigh. “I should have listened to you when you brought up your suspicions of what I thought was the real Cadance instead of yelling at you like that and throwing you out of the wedding.” He added as he started to tear up as placed a hoof on his eyes to futility wipe them away. “If only I had taken the time to notice that I wasn’t dealing the same pony I fell in love with you never would have gotten hurt and I never would have nearly lost you or attempted to fight you, or watch you become the new Nightmare Moon.” He tearfully continued. “I am so sorry for hurting you so much Twilight.”

“That’s why I’m apologizing too.” Twilight explained. “For allowing myself to be so consumed with anger, hatred, and bitterness that I was willing to do whatever it takes to get back at you.”

“I don’t blame you for that.” Shining Armor ashamedly replied. “I deserved everything you said to me.”

“But…” Twilight continued now tearing up with remorse. “I should be sorry too. I went as far crashing your and Cadance’s wedding and shattering the Crystal Heart to get myself into power. I shouldn’t have let my anger cloud my judgment when you all clearly had suffered enough.”

“It wasn’t entirely your fault.” Shining Armor reassuringly told her as he placed a hoof on her chin to get her little sister to face him in the eyes while she was still tearing up. “You weren’t able to think clearly with all of that dark magic in your heart. You couldn’t find in yourself to let go of the pain and suffering you went through back then.”

“Believe me it took a really energy exhausting fight and seeing Tirek’s attempted takeover for me to finally open my eyes of what I’ve been doing.” Twilight said in understanding tone. “Because when I saw Tirek invade Canterlot, I saw a lot of myself in him.”

“What do you mean?” Shining Armor questioned in surprise hearing her compare herself to him. “Why would you say that?”

Hearing and watching this causing the eight ponies and young dragon to all register confused looks in agreement of why she thought she and Tirek were alike.

“Because he too felt betrayed by his brother for locking him away when he came to understand friendship similar to how I felt betrayed by you hurting me at the rehearsal and wanted to take over Equestria as well with no moral regard for others well-being just like I was.” Twilight noted her explanation as she looks away glumly when she says the last part.

“But you had good intentions unlike Tirek.” Shining Armor quickly pointed out to refute her claims. “He wanted drain and consume all of the magic from everypony in Equestria while you wanted what was best for everypony in Equestria. He was only looking out for himself while you looking out for all of us even after you became evil.”

“But it still took a lot for me to realize it and that was by seeing what he did you and the princesses especially after they gave up their magic to me even when they had reason not to.” Twilight still noted while recalling that Tirek’s actions still lead to start coming to her senses. “And when Cadance told she still loves me even after what I did at the Equestrian Games which was what really got me. Even though you weren’t exactly innocent compared to Scorpan and I wasn’t as bad as Tirek I wasn’t a saint myself either for what I have done.” She said now sounding downcast with herself. “I wouldn’t blame anypony for not wanting to forgive me either for becoming a dark reflection of myself and acting the opposite of who I really am.”

“But you still came through in the end and came to forgive them for abandoning you." Shining Armor reassured his sister that all is good now. "You just needed somepony to remind you of that.” Shining Armor comfortingly told his little sister as he pulls her in for a hug which Twilight quickly returned .

“Thanks.” Twilight gratefully thanked her brother for forgiving her as the others watch this touching scene. “You know something else.” Twilight pointed out as they broke apart from the hug. “Even though I saved everypony from Tirek with everything I had up with hooves, the real hero of all this was Cadance who used six simple words for me open up my heart to forgive you all when it seemed all hope was lost. As she was the one who stuck her neck out to give me a chance when nopony else would like I needed to listen to my own advice on forgiveness.” She added as Cadance smiles hearing this from her sister-in-law as uses her magic to bring Cadance into the room to join in on their conversation. “It’s a good thing you and the others were around to hear and see all of that.” She told the others with a knowing smile that lets them know she knows they were spying on their conversation the whole time before facing Cadance.

“Words alone cannot explain how very thankful I am for you to remind me of that, especially that you also saved me from the very brink of death when nopony else in your position would.” Twilight again thanked the crystal princess as she pulls both her and Shining Armor in for a hug.

“Your welcome, Twilight.” Cadance kindly returned. “But it was also your own advice that got us back together and got us to realize of how me and your brother meant to be together.” She added recalling her own advice back when she visited for the games inspector’s visit in order to get the wedding back even though she was setting it all up for her takeover agenda.

“Well, I was playing strings at that time.” Twilight giggled with herself at the thought as Celestia, Luna, Spike, and the Mane Five walked inside to the center of the room. “After all true love for one and another cannot be denied deep down.”

Everypony laughed at the now adorableness of Twilight’s words as they all get together for a big group hug to cement to each other that everything is going to be okay in the end and that all is forgiven.

Author's Note:

In this chapter we have the big showdown between Midnight and Tirek which plays out like it did in canon with the only difference is that when it came down to Tirek's attempt to bargain with her results in Midnight pulling a quick trick up her hooves which leads to Tirek's defeat.

Throughout this chapter we have Midnight really starting to lose her cool as the events of this episode play out, a far cry from her usual calm and collected demeanor. Following her tearing into her former loved ones, to Discord helping Tirek escape, and having her library blown up, really left her on the edge as Tirek grows more powerful by the minute. The act of the princesses trusting her with their powers also left Midnight astonished didn't help wonders to Midnight either.

It reached it's climax as Midnight's act of saving the Mane 5 and Discord at the expense of nearly losing her own life followed by the Mane 5 bringing her back to the hospital with Cadance using her magic to revive her to save her life in return leaving Midnight completely overwhelmed with forgiveness that she feels she truly doesn't deserve flooding into her as she did not expect to survive that fight nor saved by them.

Between Cadance and Twilight on the balcony, we have Cadance successfully reaching out to her and getting her to reform by offering her forgiveness and love to her with it playing out similarly to when Twilight got Starlight to reform. Even though Cadance had no reason to and is in the position Twilight was in the beginning she choose to do what Twilight in canon did instead continuing the cycle of never-ending bitterness and resentment to show that the Princess of Love like Twilight is not a resentful pony who cares for everypony and still purses happiness through and through and by coming to terms by truly living up to her element when she returns Celestia and Luna's magic along with her realization as she when she earns and obtains the final key to the Elements of Harmony.

What's interesting about Midnight's defeat is it only happened when her good side emerged with her eyes opening up to what she has been doing seeing Tirek in action, leading to her Heroic Sacrifice, and it is only purified of her inner darkness when she herself allows the girls to access the Elements of Harmony.

Lord Tirek who is evil in contrast to Twilight who started good both felt betrayed by their brothers although Twilight is more sympathetic compared to Tirek both go on seeking to conquer Equestria further fueled by bitterness and resentment. When she saw Tirek in action she felt was literally seeing a dark reflection of herself representing of what she could have turned out to be if she truly didn't care for others lives and had fewer morals which was noted by Twilight herself during her reconciliation with Shining Armor who is quick to tell her what stands out between the two of them.

With Midnight finally defeated and Twilight reformed she has finally reconciled with her loved ones she is now happy to pursue her new life as the Princess of Friendship while fully aware she is going to have to answer for everything she's done as Midnight Sparkle which I have plans for a sequel to show Twilight's adventures of Season 5 with episodes around her altered than from canon to show how much Midnight's sinister influence has impacted Twilight has she purses redemption for her past actions as Midnight.