• Published 3rd Jan 2020
  • 7,891 Views, 115 Comments

Light and Dark - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle is gone after tragedy has befallen, in her absence a new unicorn comes to town but is secretly up to no good as she has a hidden agenda and a mysterious motive up her hoofs.

  • ...
16
 115
 7,891

Chapter 10: Magical Mystery Cure

Chapter 10:

Magical Mystery Cure:

One night at the Golden Oaks Library, Midnight was reading her latest book on advanced magic and fighting techniques. Ever since she came to Ponyville, her magic and fighting skills have really improved to the point that she is potentially on par with the Princesses in terms of power and very skilled of athleticism on par with Applejack and Rainbow Dash as she has been training really hard the last few weeks even when she is not busy scheming behind every pony’s backs.

She then hears a knock on the door which Midnight is quick to respond although has her horn ready to attack as she is not excepting anyone come to the library at night. When she opened the door the pony behind it was the mailpony who leaped by frightened by her intimidating stance. Seeing that he is not somepony trying to mug and ambush her causing her stand down.

“Package for Midnight.” The mailpony announced after recovering from his shock.

“Oh, Thanks!” Midnight thanked the mail pony as she tipped him with a gold coin after signing a paper for him as she received the package "Oh and sorry for scaring you like that, I thought it was somepony trying to mug and ambush me." Midnight apologetically told him.

"Oh, it's all right." The mailpony reassured her it's no big deal. "I sometimes tend to be jumpy at night whenever someone comes up to my doorstep at that time. It's bound to happen to everypony at one point." He added as turned away to walk off. "Take care." He said as he walked off as Midnight waved goodbye back at him before closing the door with her magic.

She reads the label to see who it is front and sees it is front Princess Celestia so she immediately opens it which shows a notebook and a letter from the princess.

“Dear Midnight, The spell contained on the last page of this book is Star Swirl the Bearded’s secret unfinished masterpiece. He was never able to get it right, and thus abandoned it. I believe you are the only pony who can understand and rewrite it. Princess Celestia.”

She would then open the book and flip through the pages before stopping at one particular one and began reading the spell.

“From one to another, another to one. A mark of one’s destiny singled out alone, fulfilled.”

She closed the book and decided it was something to figure out for herself in the morning. Although she secretly sees this as another big opportunity as she begins formulating in her head another plan as she releases another devious smile as her heart glows as if she knows what's going to happen next after having read that particular spell. As the princess herself is completely unaware that she has handed her the next and final key she needs in order to truly begin advancing her takeover plans and is playing right into her hooves.


The next morning, everything is all bright filled with rays of sunshine’s and sparkles everything in Ponyville as Midnight opens a window smiling she begins singing to a tune.

“Morning in Ponyville shimmers.Morning in Ponyville shines.”

Midnight sang as she walked by to rub Spike on the back before trotting outside of the library.

“And I know for absolute certain, that everything is certainly fine.”

She trots into town and jumps onto the fountain as the mayor passes by talking to two ponies holding notepads in their mouths.

There's the Mayor en route to her office. There's the sofa clerk selling some quills.”

She sang as she walks by the pony holding a quill in an open case.

“Morning, kid!” The clerk happily replied to Midnight as she walked by.

“My Ponyville is so gentle and still”

She continued to sing as she passes by the café and runs up to a couple of fancy ponies where the male pony is reading a menu and the lady is sipping on tea.

“Can things ever go wrong? I don’t think that they will”

At that moment she stood on the table and tap danced while the fancy couple smiled at the sight as the waiter decided to get on the nearby table and tap dance the same moves Midnight had just performed as well before helping her down from the table along with the male pony as she continued to sing as she made her way through town.

“Morning in Ponyville shimmers” She sang as she trotted forward.

“Morning in Ponyville shines and I know for absolute certain that everything is certainly fine.”

She sang as she effortlessly held up a magic shield just before she could be soaked from a puddle of water coming from the sky.

“Nice try, Rainbow Dash, but you’re not getting me this!” Midnight said as she lowered her shield still smiling.

“Terribly sorry, darling. I'm afraid I'm... I'm not good with the thundery ones.” Rarity apologized revealing it was actually her accidentally. Upon close inspection Midnight sees Rarity has Rainbow Dash’s cutie mark on her flank.

“Well, well. What’s this?” Midnight inquired acting somewhat surprised as she walks up to her and points at Rainbow Dash’s cutie mark on her flank.

“Whatever do you mean, Midnight? I'm simply doing what I've done since the day it first appeared. Does my sky look fabulous or what?” She asked her as she pointed a hoof to the sky where multiple clouds cover Ponyville both snowing and raining at the same time.

At that moment multiple ponies come up and approach Rarity complaining about the bad weather she is casting where Midnight struggles to poke her head up to directly speak to her before giving up and walking off away from her.

She later heads back to the library to fetch Spike and together they walked over to Fluttershy’s cottage.

Spike released a sleepy yawn as they reached the cottage. “I still don't know what you had to wake me up for. I love sleeping in the rain.”

“It's not about the weather, Spike.” Midnight answered. “Rarity had Rainbow Dash's cutie mark and said this was Rainbow Dash's cottage. Something strange is going on...”

They reached the door as Midnight knocked on it.

The door opened slowly revealing a nervous Rainbow Dash instead of Fluttershy.

“Hey, guys.” She greeted.

“Rainbow Dash?” Midnight said in a subdued tone. “You care to explain why you are in Fluttershy’s cottage and Rarity is doing your job?”

They suddenly heard a crash inside causing Rainbow Dash to rush back in.

“And what in Equestria is going on in…here?” Midnight asked as she opened the door to reveal many animals acting hectic inside. Hundreds of animals are roaming freely as Rainbow Dash tries and fails to take control.

“These animals don't listen, no, not one little bit”

Rainbow Dash sang, picking up Gummy and putting him in a bird cage.

“They run around out of control and throw their hissy fits.”

She sang as she observed a cat hissing and tearing up the curtains.

“It's up to me to stop them, cause plainly you can see.”

Rainbow Dash sang as she tried and failed to catch a bird only to crash face first into the wall as the bird escaped into a mouse hole.

"It's got to be my destiny, and it's what my cutie mark is telling me.”

Rainbow Dash sang as she showed Midnight Fluttershy’s cutie mark on her flank.

Midnight and Spike would then make their way to Sugarcube Corner where they arrive to see Fluttershy blowing into a balloon to try to please the audience of ponies she is facing. However, the tip of the balloon escaped her mouth and flew away causing her to release a nervous grin.

“I try to keep them laughing, put a smile upon their face.”

Fluttershy sang as she put on a gag pair of glasses with a fake mustache and eyebrows yet the crowd isn’t pleased.

“But no matter what I try, it seems a bit of a disgrace.”

Fluttershy continued to sing as she blows into a party horn which finally gets laughter from the ponies as Spike is now dancing with the silly glasses causing Midnight to glare at him to stop.

“I have to entertain them, it's there for all to see. It's got to be my destiny, and it's what my cutie mark is telling me.”

Fluttershy sang as she looked her flank showing she has Pinkie Pie’s cutie mark.

The next area Midnight and Spike visit is Sweet Apple Acres where they came across Pinkie Pie attempting to shake the apples of the trees with her hooves only her hair was completely straighten and drained of excitement and having Applejack’s cutie mark on her flank instead.

“I don't care much for pickin' fruit and plowin' fields ain't such a hoot. No matter what I try, I cannot fix this busted water chute!”

Pinkie sang as an apple fell on her head, unsuccessfully tried to move a plowing device with her head, and unsuccessfully tried to figure out how to fix a water chute on the barn from standing on a barrel to reach it, using a shovel, standing on a hay bale before finally getting on top of the chute which causes the pipe to break off.

“I've got so many chores to do, it's no fun being me.”

She sang as she carried a cart of live chickens with one chicken laying an egg on her head.

“But it has to be my destiny, cause it's what my cutie mark is telling me.”

She sang as she tried to get more apples down from the tree only to have a few land on her head instead of the bucket.

So with that the two leaving Pinkie Pie be for now as they decided to head on over where Applejack is who is currently at Rarity’s boutique trying to sew up a dress and it is not going well for her as she clearly is not cut out for the job given she is rushing it as she sang.

“Lookie here at what I made, I think that it's a dress. I know it doesn't look like much, I'm under some distress.

Applejack sang as she put a design onto a mannequin.

“Could y'all give me a hand here and help me fix this mess?

She sang as she put a hat onto another mannequin wearing a plaid shirt.

”My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is tellin' me.”

She sang as she sadly looks at her flank which shows she has Rarity’s cutie mark.

As Midnight and Spike went back to the library they pass by Rarity along with the other ponies with their mixed up cutie marks on the way back.

“I'm in love with weather patterns, but the others have concerns

For I just gave them frostbite over top of their sunburns

I have to keep on trying, for everyone can see.”

Rarity sang as she kept every cloud in a fashionable pattern instead of regulating each in order to promote a normal weather pattern.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash singing.

i]“It's got to be…”

“It's got to be…”

Fluttershy sang.

“My destiny.”

Pinkie Pie sang.

“My destiny.”

Apple jack sang.

“And it's what my cutie mark...”

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy sang.

“It's what my cutie mark.”

Pinkie Pie and Applejack sang.

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack all sang together on the last verse.

“Yes, it's what my cutie mark is telling me!”


As the two got back to the library Spike took the time to ask Midnight “What’s going on? Why is this happening?” completely confused unable to understand why their friends' cutie marks were all mixed up.

“Last night when you were taking one of your seven-hour bubble baths, I got a special delivery from the princess.” Midnight explained as she told the story of her letter from the princess and the book in question containing Star-Swirl’s spells and the fact she ended up casting it to figure out what it was but couldn’t "figure" it out at the moment yet the magic from her tiara transferred onto the other’s necklaces.

“I cast the spell so I could find out what it was, but nothing seemed to happen. But now I know something did happen. The spell has changed the Elements of Harmony! That must be why their cutie marks are all wrong!” Midnight continuing to explain as she recalls what happened last night.

“So just cast a counter-spell to switch them back.” Spike offered.

“Mmh.” Midnight quickly skimmed through the book that contained the original spell she casted, but found nothing. “There is no counter-spell.”

Spike then thought for another moment and then smiled when got another idea.

“Why don't you just use that memory spell you used to fix everypony when Discord was here?”

“It's not their memories, Spike. It's their true selves that have been altered!” Midnight responded immediately rejecting that idea.

“Zecora’s cure for the cutie pox?” Spike weakly tried offering another idea.

“That won't work either...” She responded as she put her hoof on Spike‘s shoulder after closing the book and handing it to him as she turned around and started heading for the stairs.

“Well…” Spike sighed “Maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe our friends will grow to like their new lives.”

“Maybe Spike. But they're not who they are meant to be anymore. Their destinies are now changed. And it’s something that has got to be fixed because I doubt they will be able to adapt to this.” Midnight responded as she tries to think to herself how she is going to fix this.

As Midnight heads up to her room Spike wonders how she is going to fix all of this too. Inside her room she paces around trying to think of a solution yet already has one as she sings another tune while sounding pleased with herself.

“I know that I have to find a way.”

She sang as she looked out the window

“To make things all right.”

She sang as she placed a hoof on the window looking at a now lifeless Sweet Apple Acres.

“I can't believe this small mistake could've caused so much heartache yet so much joy seeing their misery.”

“Oh why, oh why? Just how does this day get any better?”

She sang as she smiled seeing Rarity with her mane completely drenched and everypony furious at her.

“Seeing all those ponies losing promise and hope, yet I know what to do.”

She sang watching Applejack condemning Rarity’s shop from afar.

“Seeking answers that I have and pretty soon I feel things will get much better from here.”

She smiled as she knew what was to come for solving this problem.

“Oh why, oh why? Just how does this day get any better?”

She sang as her song came to an end as Spike came inside.

“You okay, Midnight?” Spike asked.

“I am.” Midnight said as she turned to face him with a smile. “And I know just what to do.” Midnight added confidently.

“You do?” Spike asked as Midnight brought down the chest used to hold the elements and placed the elements of harmony from the glass case into them.

“I may not be able to remind them of who they are, but I can show them what they mean to each other. They'll find the part of themselves that's been lost so they can help the friend they care about so much!” Midnight placed on her element and gave the box for Spike to carry.

"Come on, Spike!” She told him as she trotted outside of the library in order to regroup with their friends before it's too late.


Midnight and Spike headed out of the library and quickly were able to find Fluttershy who was pulling a bag towards a hot air balloon.

“Fluttershy, wait! “ Midnight called out.

“Oh... Hey, Midnight...“ Fluttershy sadly responded as she then focused on setting up her ride out of Ponyville.

“Where are you going? “ Midnight inquired.

“I'm moving back to Cloudsdale.” She said still sad while continuing to look away. “I don't know what's wrong, but I can't seem to make any pony laugh…” She said in the same tone as she deflated a whoopee cushion with a very flat sound causing Midnight and Spike to give each other “okay?” looks.

“Before you go, I was wondering if you might be willing to help Rainbow Dash. She's really struggling with her animals.” Midnight asked with a light smile.

“But... I don't really know anything about animals...“ Fluttershy said unsure of herself as she rubbed her hooves together.

“But you do know something about Rainbow Dash.” Midnight said undeterred at Fluttershy’s lack of confidence within herself which causes Fluttershy to think about for a moment before answering with regained confidence.

“I... know that she's a true friend, and I'll do anything I can to help her.” Fluttershy answered now smiling again.

“That’s the spirit!” Midnight said pleased with Fluttershy’s restored faith in herself. “Let’s go!” She encouragingly told their as they headed in the direction of her cottage.

The three made their way back to Fluttershy’s cottage and just when they get to the door they hear a banging sound on the door from inside.

“Help!” Rainbow Dash cried out.

“Rainbow Dash!” Midnight exclaimed as she opened the door, revealing the sight of all the animals going crazy with their forks and spoons.

“I'm in here! Help! I'm trapped!” Rainbow Dash pleaded from inside a cauldron where she was tied up.

“Hurry, Midnight! Can't you do some sort of spell to get her out?” Fluttershy asked her urging her to do something about it before they hurt her to which is meant with a head shake of refusal.

“No. Fluttershy, you're the only one who can help! Rainbow Dash needs you!” Midnight assertively told her in order for her to get the message that this something she and only she herself can fix it.

Fluttershy looks around before stepping forward to try something.

“Um... Hello? Little... woodland creatures?” Fluttershy kindly started to ask to get their attention but it was not enough as they kept rampaging throughout the house.

“I know that you're all very upset and feel like giving Rainbow Dash a hard time, but we'd all really appreciate it if you'd calm down and, um, maybe... rest for a bit?” Fluttershy continued to kindly ask them to listen to her not giving up and that was now enough to get the critters attention as they all stop rampaging and focused all eyes on her as they approached her.

Midnight smiled seeing that this is working.

“Oh! Uh... look!” Fluttershy said as she quickly flew to get a bowl of salad “Here's some nice, juicy leaves for you to munch on.” She placed the bowl down on the floor allowing the bunnies, mice, and squirrels to happily munch on it before placing nuts and acorns on the floor in front of the other mice and squirrels.

“And some crunchy, munchy acorns too." She addressed the mice and squirrels who happily munch on them too. “Uh, wouldn't you like to take a break and have a little snack?” She asked the other angry critters at the cauldron and pointed them towards the pile of food.

They shrugged and put their utensils down to join the rest of them. All of the animals were now having a feast.

“Aww, look at that. I guess you were all just cranky because you were hungry.” Fluttershy said now pleased to see that all of the critters have now calmed down and are happy again.

Angel looked back to see Fluttershy and immediately hopped in her hoof to hug her. “Oh, you are very welcome, little friends.” She is then hugged by Harry the bear to thank her for quickly resolving the issue.

“Goodness, it's like I can understand them” Fluttershy said in realization as she glows pink. Midnight quickly takes this opportunity to get Fluttershy’s element out of the chest with her magic. “I... I feel strange, like... like this is what I'm meant to do, like this is who I am! My destiny!” She concluded with coming to terms with who and what she is destined to do.

At that moment Midnight places the necklace around Fluttershy’s neck which allows her memories to be restored “Wha... what happened?” Fluttershy asked.

“Fluttershy look!” Midnight told her as she pointed towards her flank which has her true cutie mark on it which Fluttershy immediately notices and is delighted by the sight of it.

“Great to see you’re back to normal!” Midnight happily said as she walked up to her. “Now we need your help!”

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need.

A friend will be there to help them see…”

Midnight began to sing as the squirrel noticed that the mouse didn’t have the chance to receive his snack, so the squirrel offered the acorn to the mouse which he happily accepted.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need, to see the light that shines from a true, true friend.”

Midnight and Fluttershy both sang together as Rainbow Dash called out to the two girls.

“Um, hello!” Rainbow Dash called, reminding them she was still tied up. “Friend trapped inside, remember?”

“Oh, right. Sorry about that?” Midnight briefly spoke and broke out of song as the two girls come to untie him and help him out the cauldron before continuing to sing.

“Rarity needs your help, she's trying hard, doing what she can.”

Midnight sang as she and Fluttershy lead Rainbow Dash to Rarity who is struggling to control the clouds.

“Would you try, just give it a chance. You might find that you'll start to understand.”

Fluttershy sang as she pointed towards the cloud encouraging Rainbow Dash to try to help Rarity out who reluctantly does so by flying towards a cloud and kicks at it causing it to disappear surprising herself.

As Rarity was crying under the rainy weather as her face was clearly showing that she is in emotional pain, she would then open her eyes when Rainbow Dash managed to clear all the clouds above her allowing the sun and clear skies to come out.

Rarity smiles at the sight as Midnight and Fluttershy quickly run up to Rainbow Dash with Midnight putting on Rainbow’s element around her neck allowing her memories to be restored along with her cutie mark.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need

A friend will be there to help you see

A true, true friend helps a friend in need

To see the light that shines from a true, true friend.”

Midnight and Fluttershy sang together.

“Uh, what just happened?” Rainbow Dash asked in confusion unable to think straight with her memories just coming back to her now.

“There's no time to explain, but we need your help. Applejack's trying to make dresses!” Midnight told her seriously as she again breaks out from singing briefly again.

“Say no more!” Rainbow Dash said with a confident smile as everyone turns their heads to Rarity who gives confused looks in return as they quickly head on over to Rarity’s boutique store where Applejack is tiredly held herself near the sewing machine with sweat dripping on her face. She then cries as she failed with the sewing machine that had just broke down as a result from working it too hard.

“Applejack needs your help. She's trying hard, doing what she can.”

Rainbow Dash singing to the tune as Rarity looked around being very hesitant to do anything as she walked.

“Would you try, just give it a chance. You might find that you'll start to understand.”

Rainbow Dash continued to sing as Rarity immediately took control of the job by expressing her talent with the fabric.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need.

Rainbow Dash sang joining in with Midnight and Fluttershy in their song, all while Rarity quickly regained her skill with ease, already in the final touches of making a new dress.

“A friend will be there to help them see. A true, true friend helps a friend in need.”

Applejack was astonished by all this work. Midnight began walking towards Rarity as she held up the completed dress in delight.

“To see the light that shines from a true, true friend”

Midnight placed the element on Rarity, causing her memories and cutie mark to be restored.

Afterwards, she gasped when she spotted at the sight of her restored cutie mark on her flank.

“Oh my, what a terrible dream I had.” She said in relief as she turned to Applejack who grinned nervously as she stood near an unsuitable dress… “Or maybe I’m still having it.” She added wondering if she is still actually dreaming after seeing Applejack's bad attempt of creating a dress.

"Oh this is all real, Rarity." Midnight told the unicorn who placed a hoof to her head as she is still having difficulty believing this is all really happening right now.

“Rarity, Pinkie Pie is about to lose the apple farm. We need Applejack's help!” Midnight urgently told her and brought to her attention as she points a hoof in Applejack direction. “We need Applejack’s help!”

“Lose the apple farm?” Rarity asked and then looked with playful yet determined eyes as she approached Applejack. “Well we can't let that happen, now can we?”

“Pinkie Pie is in trouble.”

Rarity sang placed her hoof on Applejack and brought her among the group as they made their way to the apple farm.

“We need to get there by her side. We can try to do what we can now.”

For together we can be her guide!”

Rarity continued to sing as she revealed to Applejack the deserted and dead fields at Sweet Apple Acres.

The ponies surrounded Pinkie, who was struggling to fix the water chute. Applejack was quick to jump on the crate she was on and place it back together for her while smiling at her. Pinkie returned a relieved smile to thank Applejack for her help.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need!”

They all sang as they helped bring the farm back to life by helping with the apple buckets as Applejack uses her back hooves to kick down apples from a tree into a bucket then later spreads corn seeds through the farm while on wagon carried by Big Macintosh while Applebloom buries them in dirt.

“A friend will be there to help them see. A true, true friend helps a friend in need.

As Applejack stood by her family who are all proud of what she has just accomplished, Midnight placed her element around her neck allowing her memories and cutie mark to be restored.

“To see the light that shines from a true, true friend”

Applejack began skipping happily after regaining her cutie mark.

“Yee-haw! Not that’s more like it. What’s next?” She exclaimed in excitement seeing that everything is back and swinging right at the Apple Farm before asking what's left to fix.

“The townspeople are furious. We need the old Pinkie Pie back.” Midnight answered.

“I'm on it. I know just the thing.” Applejack replied knowing what to do as she looks at Pinkie and her deflated mane.

“The townspeople need you, they’ve been sad for a while.”

Applejack sang to Pinkie as she rides on her back as all six ponies make their way back into town where everypony that was there across the bridge was in a ready bad mood as they are all angrily yelling at each other.

“They march around, face a-frown and never seem to smile. And if you feel like helpin’…

At that moment Midnight placed Pinkie’s element around her neck while Applejack filled her face with those original silly glasses.

“If you'd get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlot!”

Applejack sang as she pushed her towards the middle of the fountain.

Pinkie Pie immediately regained her memories, poofy mane, and cutie mark as she threw her glasses out in cheer.

“Come on ponies, I wanna see you SMILE!” She cheerfully called out to all of the townsponies facing her.

All the crowds ponies would all cheered out her name strongly and welcomed her back.

With the mission accomplished all the ponies would now sing with all the ponies singing along to the tune too.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need

A friend will be there to help them see

A true, true friend helps a friend in need

To see the light! (To see the light!)

That shines! (That shines!)

From a true, true friend!”

After finishing their song, all the girls shared an immense group hug with each other which Midnight allowed for once even though she is not a hugger at least not towards them.

At that moment Midnight immediately gasps as she realizes of how fix Star-Swirl the Bearded's unfinished spell even though she had already figured that out beforehand.

"Wait a second, that's it! I understand now! I know how to fix the spell!" She said in realization.

At that moment, Midnight leads the other girls back to the library as she thought of how to fix Star-Swirl’s spell. She grabs a quill and the book with her magic and writes down her addition to the spell in order to fix it.


“From all of us together, together we're friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end!” She said as she wrote down what she spoke out loud.

As she finishes she presses on the dot strongly at the end of her sentence to signify her own accomplishment and then proudly places the book back on the shelf.

Just as the other ponies were about to congratulate her, her element released a burst of magic towards all of them. The other girls were pushed away from her and their elements suddenly activated. As she finds herself surrounded by the light she calmly stands still as she knows what is going to happen next. They gave cries of shock as immediately after, an extremely bright light consumed her and she vanished shocking the other girls of what happened to her.


Midnight then finds herself appearing in a strange atmosphere and could only wonder out loud where she is as her voice echoed in the void. She would then see a familiar face approach her, it was Princess Celestia herself.

“Congratulations, Midnight. I knew you could do it.” Princess Celestia warmly said to her as her voice echoed throughout the area.

Midnight trotted towards her upon seeing her.

“Princess... I don't understand. What did I do?” Midnight said acting like she doesn’t understand what is going on despite knowing full well what was happening.

“You did something today that's never been done before…” Princess Celestia told her as she brought out the book Midnight had received. ”…Something even a great unicorn like Star Swirl the Bearded was not able to do, because he did not understand friendship like you did.” She further explained as she revealed the new spell Midnight had written. “The lessons you've learned here in Ponyville have taught you well.” She added as she smiled proudly at her with a warm tone . “You have proven that you're ready, Midnight.”

“Ready? Ready for what?” Midnight questioned as she followed Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia then began walking her through an invisible hallway full of Midnight’s memories up back to the day when she and Princess Celestia first meet.

"You've come such a long, long way. And I've watched you from that very first day.”

Princess Celestia sang as they stopped in front of an image of a memory from when they first meet when King Sombra threatened the crystal empire with their relationship going from a reluctant trust into her trustworthy protégé.

“To see how you might grow

To see what you might do

To see what you've been through

And all the ways you've made me proud of you…”

After revisiting her memories the Princess turned her attention towards Midnight in her song, leaving Midnight’s eyes to sparkle immensely.

“It's time now for a new change to come

You've grown up and your new life has begun

To go where you will go

To see what you will see

To find what you will be

For it's time for you to fulfill your destiny!”

Her wings spread strongly as pink magic surrounds Midnight forming a bright light around herself. She was lifted up as she calmly sees what is about to happen to herself, the final key she needs to fulfill her destiny as the light grew immensely.


Back in Ponyville a great big dark purple star appears in the sky catching the other girls who were looking for her attention as they shielded their eyes from the glare as the star descended back onto the ground as the light disappeared Midnight herself was back on the ground.

“Midnight is that you?” Applejack asked being the first to speak as she shielded her eyes from the glare the light produced.

Midnight stood herself up and then unveiled her new wings that are brightly spread with a shining light causing the girls and Spike to gasp in amazement at the sight.

Midnight noticed the wings on her and placed her hoof on them to observe them, looking at them in amazement.

“Wha... I-I've never seen anything like it!” Applejack expressed in disbelief as she approaches her and gets a close look at her new wings.

“Ha! Midnight's got wings!” Rainbow Dash cheered as she touched her new wings. “Awesome! A new flying buddy!” She excitably added as she hugged her which Midnight accepted again.

“Why, you've become an Alicorn.” Rarity exclaimed as she too marvels at Midnight’s new appearance as she is the next pony to approach her. “I didn't even know that was possible.”

“Alicorn party!” Pinkie Pie screamed out loud, wearing a party hat and swung around a rope in order to imitate an Alicorn blowing into a party kazoo.

“Wow…you look just like a princess!” Fluttershy complimented Midnight as she approached her.

“That’s because she is a princess.” Princess Celestia spoke as she appeared and landed in front of them causing them to return confused expressions at what she has just said.

“Hold on a second!” Pinkie Pie paused as she brought out a glass of water she somehow was able to obtain from out of nowhere. She poured some water in her mouth and then immediately spat it out so she can purposely do a spit take.

“A princess.” Midnight questioned about this change with little surprise as Princess Celestia places a hoof on her shoulder.

“Since you've come to Ponyville, you've displayed the charity, compassion, devotion, integrity, optimism, and of course, the leadership of a true princess.” Princess Celestia explained as Rarity lifted her head up proudly at hearing charity being mentioned, Fluttershy bending downwards at hearing compassion being mentioned, Rainbow Dash confidently spreading out her wings with a matching expression at hearing devotion being mentioned, Applejack placing her hoof to her hat in a saluting-like fashion at hearing integrity being mentioned, Pinkie Pie happily jumping up into the air at hearing optimism being mentioned.

“So does this mean I am no longer your student?” Midnight asked.

“Not in the same way as before. I'll still be here to help and guide you, but we're all your students now, too. You are an inspiration to us all, Midnight.” Princess Celestia explained to her as she herself bowed in front of Midnight. Immediately after seeing this all of the girls and Spike joined in bowing to her as well.

“So what do I do now?” Midnight asked still wondering what;s going to happen now that she is an alicorn princess. “Is there a book about being a princess I should read?”

Princess Celestia giggled at her curiosity-filled questions. “There will be time for all of that later.” She calmly explained to her that the answers to her question will be answered eventually.

Midnight released a grin as she looked at all of them she pleased to see that everything went exactly as planned as she now has everything she needs for what she has in mind of all of Equestria with a special surprise for those who had just bowed to her.


Later the week, every pony is gathered for her huge coronation to officially make her a princess with the Alicorn princesses and the girls standing on the top of the stairs while many ponies who have gathered stand in front of them row by row. Every pony who is attendance has dressed very nicely including the princesses for the memorable occasion.

Once everyone pony was settled in Princess Celestia began her speech while Midnight wearing a pink dress and gold slippers is hearing this as she approaches the front doors to the room Celestia was in accompanied by two mares holding a banner holding Midnight’s cutie mark with guards behind them to escort them in as well. As Midnight awaits her crowning moment she can’t help but smile feeling satisfied for what she has accomplished and yet for she is about ready to achieve against them when she enacts her plan against Equestria.

“We are gathered here today in celebration of a momentous occasion. My most faithful student, Midnight, has done many extraordinary things since she's lived in Ponyville. She even helped save the Crystal Empire by defeating King Sombra herself. But today, Midnight did something extraordinary. She created new magic, proving without a doubt that she is ready to be crowned Equestria's newest princess. Fillies and gentlecolts, may I present for the very first time, Princess Midnight!” Princess Celestia announced to everypony in attendance as she gives the cue for the ponies to open the door to introduce Midnight

The doors opened and she began her walk as the ponies behind began to sing.

“The Princess Midnight cometh

Behold, behold

A Princess here before us

Behold, behold, behold”

As the choir raised their voices as she reached the top of the stairs, Spike carried Midnight’s crown on a pillow so Princess Celestia could raise it with her magic and place her crown on Midnight’s head delicately.

She looked back at the other girls where Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity give her proud looks, Rainbow Dash winks, and Pinkie Pie happily waves before looking on to every pony proudly before being escorted outside to the balcony by the Princess Celestia and Princess Luna towards a crowd of ponies gathered outside awaiting her presence.

“Behold, behold (behold, behold)

The Princess Midnight cometh

Behold, behold (behold, behold)

The Princess is

The Princess is here!

When the choir finishes singing the crowd is cheering as Midnight waves to the many ponies down below as Princess Celestia walked up to her and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“Say something, Princess.” Princess Celestia encouraged Midnight to say a few words to everypony.

Midnight clears her throat as she begins announcing to the crowd.

“A little while ago, I came here to find my place in Equestria, after deciding to leave my hometown outside of Equestria. Before every pony here got to know me I wasn’t viewed as trustworthy at first because of my appearance which I had and was able to prove myself and to every pony after defeating King Sombra and saving the Crystal Empire. After seeing my capabilities and talent, Princess Celestia took me under her wing as my teacher and mentor.” She announced as she pointed a hoof directed at Princess Celestia. “She sent me to study friendship, which is something I didn't really care much about after losing my faith in it as a result of fallout I had with my former friends back when growing up.” She continued speaking as she looked at the girls standing behind her who approach as she continues her speech. “But now, on a day like today, I can honestly say I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the friendships I've made with all of you. Each one of you taught me something about friendship, and for that, I will always be grateful.” As she says that the girls shed happy tears hearing this from her. “Today, I consider myself the luckiest pony in Equestria. Thank you, friends. Thank you, everypony!”

Ending her speech, every pony in the crowd before the castle cheered the two princesses escorted her and the other girls back inside where she is immediately confronted by Shining Armor and Princess Cadance.

“Midnight! I’m so proud of you!” Shining Armor congratulated her as he hugged her slightly, revealing teary eyes when pulling back.

“Are you crying?” Midnight asked, with a little laughter in her voice.

“Of course not, it’s… its liquid pride.” Shining Armor denied as he wiped away the tears from his eyes. “Totally different thing.”

Both he and Midnight laughed as Princess Cadance got her turn to congratulate her by embracing her in a hug.

“Wow, look at you!” Cadance happily congratulated. “I can’t tell you how proud I am of you, from a pony no seems to trust at first, to a trustworthy savior, to a trustworthy princess just like me.”

“I know, it’s like I really have come a long way from when I first met every pony but now I am a pony everyone looks up to as a princess who has great plans for all of Equestria. I can’t even tell myself how lucky I am to be here today and of what I can accomplish now, what we can accomplish together.” Midnight said as she placed a hoof on Cadence’s shoulder as they break apart from their hug.

“I’m sure whatever you have in mind, Equestria will be looking up to for whatever accomplishment you make.” Cadance reassured Midnight with a proud smile.

“Way to go Princess!” Applejack cheered as the girls joining them.

“Best coronation day ever!” Pinkie Pie screamed loud.

“We love you, Midnight!” Fluttershy added initiating a large group hug between them.

Midnight would then walk herself outside to finish up her coronation where she gets into a carriage pulled by two royal guards. Once she was pulled out, Midnight began waving at every pony watching in the crowd.

“Life in Equestria shimmers.”

Midnight sang as she continues to wave with a grin on her face.

“Life in Equestria shines.”

Midnight sang as she caught a bouquet of flowers from the crowd. Once she saw the girls ahead of her, skipping in a trot, she jumped off the carriage and joined them as she continues singing.

“And I know for absolute certain…”

She sang as the girls joined in on the song.

“That everything (that everything)

Yes, everything (yes, everything)

Yes, everything is certainly fine

It’s fine.”

All six ponies sang together at the end of the song.

As she proudly trots off into the distance Princess Celestia and Princess Luna look on in pride at the sight of a new princess they can trust.

“Yes! Everything’s going to be just fine!” Midnight said to herself as she flies around in the air while releasing a devious smirk seeing that she herself is now ready to begin advancing her plans on taking over Equestria after becoming an Alicorn princess and gaining every pony’s trust.

Author's Note:

Now that Midnight's most latest plan by switching up the Mane 5's cutie marks went flawlessly she has now become an alicorn princess which is the outcome she wanted and gained out of fixing the mess she created even though she could have left them to their supposed and miserable destines no problem with the threat of the Elements of Harmony neutralized right there and be done with it.

I will note that for this episode I had to tweak "I've Got to Find a Way." a bit to show Midnight is very pleased with herself seeing the Mane 5's misery at their switched and supposed destines as she already has had everything throughout this episode planned out from the beginning.

As you note of Midnight actually being happy again during her singing of "Morning in Ponyville" and "Life in Equestria." that is because she knows she is about to be transformed into an alicorn princess and now has everything she needs in order to start her takeover of Equestria Which means she is now ready to enact her plan to takeover Equestria as Season 3 comes to an end.

For those who have read up to this point, get yourselves ready as I kick off the Season 4 arc with a four-part opener which will serve as the story's halfway point with major spoilers to come which I hope to have released either by Sunday or Monday.

So enjoy this latest chapter and hold on to whatever excitement and anticipation you have with what is about to come next in this story.