• Published 3rd Jan 2020
  • 7,895 Views, 115 Comments

Light and Dark - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle is gone after tragedy has befallen, in her absence a new unicorn comes to town but is secretly up to no good as she has a hidden agenda and a mysterious motive up her hoofs.

  • ...
16
 115
 7,895

Chapter 11: Princess Midnight Part One

Chapter 11:

Princess Midnight Part One:

Now that Midnight has everything she needs just after becoming an alicorn and a princess, she is ready to advance with her plans for Equestria. And she plans to go on that by thinking of a plan to take over Canterlot and Ponyville with big events to come.

For starters there is the upcoming Summer Sunset Celebration that usually celebrates Princess Celestia’s victory over Princess Luna when she was Nightmare Moon is now going to be the first celebration since Princess Luna’s reformation and redemption thanks to Twilight and her former friends defeating her using the Elements of Harmony.

Not only that, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance have decided to plan to have their Canterlot Wedding again just days after the celebration.

For Midnight this is an interesting turn of events seeing that things are going her way and she has a plan to deal with both events as she has been always a few steps ahead. She was asked to do a flying performance at the Summer Sunset Celebration and she is also Best Mare at the Canterlot Wedding.

In preparation for her performance for the Summer Sunset Celebration, Rainbow Dash has been coaching her on her flying and because she had secret flight practice before becoming an Alicorn due to being able to summon temporary wings practice has been going smoothly for her.

First thing in the morning, Midnight practices her flight routine for the upcoming celebration while Rainbow Dash and the other girls watch from the ground to observe her progress.

For Midnight’s performance she tries to fly hard and perform her version of the Sonic Rainboom while she does succeed at going fast, she still strives to make her routine as perfect as possible wanting to seek the speeds similar to Rainbow Dash’s sonic rainboom.

“You gotta really flap ‘em hard!” Rainbow Dash instructed as she had just finished her rehearsed performance.

Midnight nods as she is able to flap her wings hard but not too hard no trouble at all.

“Lookin’ good up there, Princess Midnight!” Applejack praised as she and the other girls watched.

“Thanks!” Midnight positively replied.

“It’s nice to see some pony’s embracing their new title even when she is not wearing her crown.” Rarity positively added.

“Well, I try not to brag about.” Midnight humbly responded as she continued flying in the air to view the girls from the ground. “If I see myself as a princess, I preferably would see myself as one who humbly and truly understands her subjects as well as any pony instead of being viewed as an arrogant pony who lets power and privilege get to their head.” Midnight added. “When I look at myself in the mirror what I see myself as a pony who strives for perfection of achieving her goals and doing what is best for her ponies however she can.” Midnight further explained of how she sees herself in a reflection as she flew down onto the ground. “Now if you don’t mind, I got two days get my performance right and I really want this to be as perfect as it can be.” Midnight politely told them she needs to get completely focused on perfecting her act as she flew back up to try her performance again.

“That’s the spirit, Midnight!” Rainbow Dash energetically and enthusiastically encouraged the determined alicorn as she pointed a hoof at the sky. “Now get up there and show every pony the big finish!”

Midnight nodded and spread her wings. Then, she flew a performed her routine again she flapped her wings to achieve her maximum speed as she performed her version of the Sonic Rainboom again producing magic with her cutie mark shining in the sky. As soon as she performed her technique and closed her eyes pleased herself with herself she opens her eyes with a sudden realization she is still speeding off about to hit a tree causing her to quickly dodge it and instead him three clouds as she flew back spinning around down to the ground and skidded to a halt leaving a small track of dirt from her overly fast landing.

The girls quickly ran up to her to make sure she is okay as she dusted herself.

“Wow! That was a big finish!” Pinkie exclaimed happily as she approached Midnight.

“Now that was some serious speed!” Midnight positively commented on her most recent display of flying.

“It sure was!” Rainbow Dash said impressed seeing she shown great speed nearly on par with her “Although make sure you reign it in for your performance.” She added with caution. “But other than that, your performance and quick reaction to avoid major collision was excellent!”

“Yeah!” Midnight said agreeing. “As long as I don’t do that at the celebration I think I got this no problem!” She added as she glances with a smirk secretly.

“Hey! I heard you have a spot on a stained glass window in the castle! Can we go see it? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie eagerly questioned.

“Well, since I got my performance nearly patted down, I don’t see the harm in that.” Midnight responded that she doesn't mind the walk over to admire her portrait.

“Yipee!” Pinkie Pie happily jumped and wiggled her hooves for as long as she remained in the air at the thought of finally getting to see her friend's image on stained glass glory.


The six ponies made their way into the castle and into the hall where all historic and significant events from the past, far or close are presented on glass stained windows.

Of course, the newest addition was her victory over King Sombra with the glass window depicting her blasting King Sombra with bright blue magic that vanquished the evil unicorn and one which depicts her coronation which has her wearing her crown.

“You look amazing, darling. They’ve really captured your regality.” Rarity complimented Midnight on the sight of her portaits.

“They sure did.” Midnight commented still sounding humble about this new change.

“Oh, don't be so modest.” Rarity reacted encouraging her to really relish in her new title. “It's every pony’s dream to someday wear a crown and have their coronation ceremony preserved in stained glass for all to see! Aah!” She excitably squealed in joy at the very thought of royalty.

“Even so, I’m not sure that’s what every pony ever dreams to be.” Midnight skeptically responded with a lowered eyebrow.

“Yeah…” Rainbow answered in agreement with her.

“Most of my dreams are about frosting!” Pinkie Pie suddenly cut in and slurped loudly, already beginning to drool at the thought of it. “Ohhohohoho…”

“We better get going.” Fluttershy spoke up and stepped in, pointing to the outside. “We don’t want to miss our train.”

“Fluttershy’s right.” Applejack agreed. “Don’t know about y’all but I still got bushels to do to get ready. The official celebration may be here in Canterlot, but hoo-ee has the Mayor put us in charge of one heck of a party back home.”

“Well don’t let me keeping you from getting to it.” Midnight positively responded ready to see them off.

“Ah, don’t worry sugarcube!” Applejack reassured her. “You get to be right there with the other Princesses when Celestia raises the sun.”

“And I’m honored. Really, I am. I’ll be fine here in Canterlot. It’s not like I’m not used to being alone like I have when journeying to Ponyville. It’s just this is the first Summer Sunset Celebration I get to attend to and as a princess. It’s like people are finally starting to trust and listen to me for once.” Midnight added still reassuring them she’ll be fine on her own yet still adjusting to the changes yet feeling touched that ponies are trusting and listening to her for a change.

“Yet it doesn’t feel right to us, darling.” Rarity quickly added. “If the Mayor wasn't so desperate for our assistance, we'd most certainly stay here in Canterlot. And of course we do understand that your royal duties must come first. When we spend time together, it’s like we have a bond we never had before. And the only time we really had it was when Twilight was around.”

As Rarity said the last sentence she looked away sadly with regret and guilt as the stinging and painful memories of them abandoning her at the wedding rehearsal and her death immediately floated through her and their friends minds.

“Yeah” Applejack added in the same somber tone. “The Summer Sun Celebration may have brought us together, and even though you now bear the Element of Magic, nothing can fill the void she left since her death. But there is something about you that will always keep us connected to them since you two are a lot alike.” She said as she directed them at the first glass window of them with Twilight defeating Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony. “Exhibit A: The six of us are united by the Elements of Harmony. Point being, even with Twilight gone and you have now ascending to becoming a princess. No amount of royal duties is gonna change that.” Applejack now said happily as she turned to the others. “Right, everypony?”

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Rarity all nod in agreement as Pinkie Pie was self-distracted by her own drooling.

“Right, Pinkie Pie?” Applejack said seriously to get her attention.

“Creamy, creamy frosting…” Pinkie says as she continues to absent-mindedly think about frosting leading to Fluttershy using a cloth to wipe the drool off Pinkie’s mouth.

“You should take that as a yes.” Fluttershy recommended as she spoke and she turned to the others.

“Well, as much I appreciate how much you care for me, you all should better get going if you all want to catch your train.” Midnight reminded told them.

“You’re right, sugarcube.” Applejack responded acknowledging their priorities. “Come on, y’all we better get going.” Applejack said instructing the others to make their way to the train station.

“Well, I guess I could walk you all to the train station if that makes you all feel any better.” Midnight offered.

“We would love that.” Fluttershy happily replied being quick to accept the offer on their friend's behalf.


Midnight would accompany them on the walk to the train station where Pinkie Pie is already excitedly telling her what she wanted to do as they were preparing for their departure.

“We're gonna write you and give you so many details, it'll be like you're in Ponyville with us!” She exclaimed excitedly, turning to the others after. “Right, girls?”

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” They all chanted in unison, including the exact same motion Pinkie Pie used and taught them in order to properly recite the Pinkie Promise chant.

“And you will be with us right after the Celebration.” Rarity brought up, holding up several supplies including a color palette derived from a single basic color. “We already have an appointment on the books to discuss the royal upgrades to your loft decor.”

The train whistle blew once again, leading the conductor to shout out loud “All aboard for Ponyville!”

The girls took notice and immediately gathered around Midnight for a group hug which she accepted even if she didn’t really want it. Afterwards, they began boarding the train.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Just take care of yourselves” Midnight once again reassured the other ponies waving them goodbye as their train left the station that she'll be fine on her own.

Once the train leaves and the five ponies are out of sight Midnight’s smile turns into a devious smirk as she said to herself under her breath “You’re gonna need it.”

At that moment the messenger pony came flying by with a letter as she hands it to Midnight.

“For the Princess.” The messenger told her as he flew by.

Spike opened the letter and began reading it out loud from it word for word.

“Dear Midnight, you aren't missing anything. Your friend, Pinkie Pie.”

“That's me!” Pinkie Pie shouted from the distance.

Midnight just shook her head and sarcastically commented. “Well, of course I haven’t. You’ve only been gone for one minute.”

Midnight would then turn her attention to Spike so she could get down to business in preparing for the Summer Sunset Celebration.

“Ok Spike. Time to get to work. So what do we need to get done for the celebration?” Midnight asked Spike now getting serious and ready to work as they began walking back to the Canterlot castle.

“Well, definitely there is a lot to get done, but with your extremely competent assistant by your side we’ll definitely get things done ahead of schedule.” Spike confidently answered.

Midnight is pleased to hear this as she gives him a warm genuine smile for his loyalty to her.


Later that day, Midnight and Spike are in Twilight’s room when she lived in Canterlot which is where Midnight has lived ever since she became a princess. Spike is now going over his checklist.

“Check, check, check, check, and... check!” Spike said as he written on the checklist. “Huh, whaddaya know? We're way ahead of schedule! I credit your extremely competent assistant as promised.” Spike proudly said and complimented himself to Midnight who is in air with her flapping wings watching over.

“Great to hear!” Midnight replied positively as she landed on the ground.

“The Celebration isn't until the day after tomorrow. We could still fit in a quick trip to Ponyville and be back in plenty of time to finish off these last few things before the main event!” Spike said and offered only to see Midnight wasn’t interested of the idea as she did not want to see them. She sighed and appeared apologetic for what she was about to say.

“That would be nice, Spike, but what if something else came up while we were gone? What if we were delayed getting back and I wasn't able to finish everything on that list?” Midnight said as she walked to another area in the room placing a hoof upwards. Then, she began flying up as she continued to speak “What if we lost the list on the way to Ponyville and then couldn't remember which things we'd done and which things we hadn't done, and then spent so much time trying to figure out what we hadn't done and what we had done, and we ruined the entire Celebration by not doing the one really important thing that we were supposed to do?!”

“Uh... so that's a 'no' then?” Spike asked as she floated back down.

“I’m sorry, Spike. But these are the first royal duties Princess Celestia has given me. I can't risk letting her down!” Midnight speaking in a tone to answer yes to Spike‘s question.

“And I'm sure you won't.” Princess Celestia reassured her as she entered the room.

“Your highness!” Spike called out in surprise, walked towards her, and bowed quickly to her.

“Hello, Princess.” Midnight said surprised to see her already. “How long were you standing there?”

“Long enough to hear you say how hard you are trying to prepare for this.” Princess Celestia replied warmly. “And I must admit that it is wonderful to actually be looking forward to the Summer Sun Celebration.”

“Because of now that Princess Luna is no longer Nightmare Moon?” Midnight asked.

“Yes.” She replied as her smile disappeared for the moment as she walked over to the window to observe Princess Luna raise the moon. “For my subjects, it has always been a celebration of my defeat of Nightmare Moon. But for me...” She sighs as she continues to speak with the memory now fresh in her mind. “It was just a terrible reminder that I'd had to banish my own sister.”

“And I’m sure that has got to be something no one would ever want to remember if they were in your position.” Midnight replied sounding a little sympathetic as Princess Celestia then turns her sad expression into a happy one.

“But now it has become a wonderful reminder of her transformation back into Princess Luna, and our happy reunion. I am so pleased that you will be playing a role in the festivities. I know it must have been difficult to see your friends return to Ponyville without you.”

“Admittedly, it has only been a little, but so far manageable. It’s not like I’m not used to being alone before.” Midnight said while sounding not broken up about it while subtly recalling her past.

“You may no longer be my student, Princess Midnight, but I hope you know that I will always be here if you need me. Just as I hope that you will always be there when I need you.“ With those words, she caressed her head with Midnight’s.

Spike cleared his throat to get Midnight’s attention.

“I think this guy needs you?” He spoke up as the messenger pony appeared before them who briefly stutters upon being in Princess Celestia’s presence as he clearly did not expect to walk in and meet with her face to face.

“Uh, a message for Princess Midnight.” The messenger pony addressed them after recovering from his stuttering.

Midnight takes the letter and opens it and with no surprise figured it was Pinkie as a party popper goes off with confetti flying into the air.

“A letter from Ponyville, I presume?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Never mind. It's not important.” Midnight replied as she placed the envelope away.

“Spike, where were we?” Midnight spoke turning her attention back to Spike.

“About to call it a night?” Spike suggested and hopefully guessed.

“We should probably go over the checklist one more time.” Midnight recommended.

“I knew you were gonna say that... “Spike glumly responded with his bubble of hope burst.

“I’ll leave you to it.” Celestia excused herself with a kind grin as she leaves her room.


Shortly afterwards, as Midnight was going over the checklist one more time before going to sleep, she heard what she correctly thought was Princess Celestia gasps and falling to the ground. She secretly smiled hearing this as her heart glowed again seeing that her plan is getting underway now.

After going over the checklist and making sure everything was in order both Midnight and Spike went to sleep. Midnight was the first to wake up and approached a strange sight at the window. Both the sun and the moon were up at the same time.

“Spike.” Midnight quietly and kindly shook the young dragon in order to get his attention.

“Check-check-check-check-check-check...” Spike spoke in his sleep not paying attention to the fact Midnight is trying to wake him.

“Spike!” Midnight called out to him again louder this time.

“Ungh... What time is it?” Spike asked now awake.

“It's the middle of the night! But it could be morning. That's just it! I can't tell!” Midnight told him with pretend worry as she directed his attention to what she is talking about.

“Whoa. That is weird.” Spike responded surprised at this interesting and strange sight.

“Come on, Spike, we have to find out what's going on.” Midnight determinedly stated as she lead him outside to figure what why this is happening even though she secretly knows what is going on.

As Midnight and Spike make their way outside, she sees the crowd of ponies also surprised at the sight of the sun and the moon up at the same time.

“What do you think it means?” A pony asked another pony.

“Princess Midnight knows what to do.” Another pony said directing their attention to Midnight as she and Spike come outside.

All the ponies gather around Midnight asking for answers which Midnight calmly tells them “Don’t worry every pony, I am trying to figure this out what this is all about as much as everypony else here.”

At that moment a royal guard interrupted asking for Midnight’s attention.

“Your Highness, you must come with us.” The guard addressed her and gestured her he and the other guard lead her inside while closing the castle doors behind them.

“It’s Princess Luna and Princess Celestia…” One guard told her dreadfully and hesitatingly.

“They’re gone!” The other guard shouted out in slight panic.

Spike immediately gasped hearing this while Midnight looks on with dull surprise.

“So when you say they’re gone, that means you have no idea where they are?” Midnight correctly questioned.

“Yes!” The guard who slightly panicked answered “It seems that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have simply... vanished.”

“Vanished?!” Midnight asked with pretend confusion. “But they were here last night!”

“That is why we came to you.” He responded as they both of them bowed before her. “We await your command.”

After a moment of thinking, Midnight spoke her instructions to them.

“I want you to continue the search for Princess Luna and Princess Celestia." Midnight calmly instructed them. "We have to find them before ponies start to panic. There must be some clue that can tell us what's happened to them. If you find something, anything, let me know immediately.”

The guards nodded, saluted, and then quickly went off on their way to carry out Princess Midnight's orders.

“Wow.” Spike mentioned with small surprise and sounding very impressed. “Way to take charge.”

“Your highness!” The door suddenly slammed opened. “News from Ponyville!” Another guard rushed while explaining his message. “The Everfree Forest appears to be…well…invading!”

Midnight didn’t show much reaction hearing this as she predicted that would happen as planned as she immediately instructed the guard to continue the search for the princesses while she declared she will deal with the problem herself.

She immediately gets her crown from her room and immediately starts running out of the castle to head to Ponyville to act accordingly since she now knows her plan is really getting underway.

“Where are we going?!” Spike asked her while panting when they ran down the steps outside of the castle.

“The Everfree Forest is invading” Midnight answered as she put on her crown “Whatever is going on, I’m going need the girls help and the Elements of Harmony to stop it!”

She stopped to let Spike catch up and let her climb onto her back as she prepares to fly off to Ponyville as there is no time to waste seeing Ponyville is the verge of being taken over by the plants invasion.

She flew as fast as her wings could carry her, while trying very hard to avoid hitting the dark clouds filled with spikes causing Spike as a precaution to put on a seatbelt and feel nausea as Midnight flies at top speed.


“I’m starting to wish… we taken the train!” Spike said to voice his regret over not voicing his objection to flying over.

“Almost there!” Midnight pointed out and reassured him it won't be long now. “Come on, Spike, we need to get the Elements of Harmony and find the others!”

Once Midnight got to Ponyville Midnight flew down for her landing and skidded to a halt.

Once they landed, Spike wasted no time getting on the ground and started kissing it relieved that the flight is over. “Sweet ground! Sweet, sweet, wonderful ground!”

“Well, excuse me if my flying makes you airsick.” Midnight sarcastically quipped while sounding somewhat offended. “Maybe next you should fly with Rainbow Dash instead.” Midnight continued as she walked into the library.

“Oh, thank goodness.” Rarity ran up relieved to see Midnight here to help upon seeing her enter the library.

“Oh, I hope you know we wouldn't normally go through your books without permission...” Fluttershy politely told her while worried Midnight would get upset at that them messing with her books.

“Well, with all things considered, I don’t mind this time.” Midnight told Fluttershy she and the others did nothing wrong especially in a time of crisis.

“I dunno if you've noticed, but the Everfree Forest is just a teeny-tiny bit out of control.” Pinkie Pie pointed out towards the window. However, her tail suddenly began twitching, causing her to quickly duck down.

The, something immediately shout out towards Rarity and took her against the library wall. It was one of the tree’s vines. Applejack quickly shut the window closed causing the vine to break in half in the process.

“Guess it turned out you were missin' something here in Ponyville after all.” Applejack told her just as worried as everypony else.

“Oh, I have very well noticed, Pinkie. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be here.” Midnight sarcastically commented as Rarity recovered from her daze from being knocked out.

“But perhaps you already know what's causing all of this calamity.” Rarity questioned as she glanced at Midnight. “Has Princess Celestia sent you to dispel it posthaste?”

“No she hasn’t because Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are both missing.” Midnight bluntly said the news straightforward to the girls causing them to gasp in shock.

“I don't know who has taken them, but I've got a hunch we're going to need the Elements of Harmony to get them back.” Midnight looked over to the glass case holding the Elements and brought them out, placing the correct ones on the right ponies.

“Oh, yeah!” Rainbow Dash cheered in excitement when her element was placed on around her neck. “Just like old times.” Hearing that causes Midnight to give her a stern look to remind her she wasn’t with them to use the Elements of Harmony other than the time they freed Discord from his stone prison causing the blue Pegasus to awkwardly add “Sorry.” in an apologetic tone.

“A-boo-yah!” Pinkie Pie happily cheered and bumped hooves with Midnight when receiving hers.

“I told ya we'd always be connected by the Elements.” Applejack assured Midnight. Releasing a sigh, she began offering a plan. “Now we just gotta figure out who to aim these bad boys at so we can get Celestia and Luna back and keep the rest of Equestria from becoming plant food!”

Another one of those branches or weeds slipped in, causing Applejack to quickly step on it before it grew any longer. “Any ideas?” She asked Midnight and the other ponies in the room.

“Hmm...” Midnight wondered with a hoof to her chin.

“I haven't found squat in any of the books I've been looking through!” Pinkie announced, revealing that she wasn’t looking at any informative books, instead was looking and drawing in a coloring book. “Oopsies! Missed a spot!” She scribbled with a crayon.

“Well, no wonder you haven’t found anything useful…” Midnight sarcastically commented while briefly turning to Pinkie. “…Considering you’ve been looking at children’s books.”

Turning her attention back to the sight of the sun and the moon up in the sky she began thinking to herself “Half day, half night... strange weather patterns... out of control plants. I think I'm starting to get a pretty good idea of who we're up against.” Midnight answered as she led the girls outside.

“Who?” Applejack asked.

“Discord.” Midnight responded with fierce determination on her face. “It’s time we had a talk with him.”


Seeing that Midnight is on to something given Discord’s shenanigans, the girls followed after her. Once they got to a good spot outside, the girls formed a circle, as Midnight activated the magic on her element which activated the other elements causing the girls to float in the air as the rainbow magic was produced similar to when freeing Discord from his stone prison only this time it summoned Discord just as he is in the middle taking a bath.

“Winter Wrap Up, Winter Wrap Up…” He sang to himself as he is in the middle of scrubbing himself clean.

Once he opens his eyes he quickly wraps himself up with a towel surprised to see himself facing the six ponies again.

“Ooh!” Discord laughed. “Now, Midnight, you know Princess Celestia said that you were to give me a heads up before you summon me with that little spell she gave you.” He told her as he tapped his paw on the tip of his crown. “In case you haven't noticed, I was in the middle of a particularly invigorating shower” He added as he uses his magic to make the bathtub to disappearas he rubbed himself with the towel right in front of them.

“I’m very well of the Elements of Harmony’s capabilities for starters, and secondly and most importantly we summoned you here for a very good reason. The princesses are missing and the Evergreen Forest is invading Ponyville.” Midnight sternly told him evidently having none of Discord trying to lecture her on what she already knows.

“Why…” He laughed as he wrapped himself around Midnight as one of the dark colored, spikey, and ugly weed and then turned back to normal. "Whatever are you talking about?” He asked with seemingly faux innocence.

“Don’t you play dumb with us Discord!” Applejack accusingly struck a hoof towards him not buying his act. “We know you’re the one behind all of this!”

“Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what you've done with the place” Discord mentioned as he took pictures all around. “But I couldn't possibly take responsibility. I'm reformed, don't you remember?” He added as he nudged Fluttershy.

“Yeah, right! This has got your cloven hoofprints all over it!” Rainbow furiously voiced to back up Applejack's claim.

“I'll have you know that I have only one cloven hoof.” Discord wittily corrected and then kicked her in the flank with his hoof before disappearing. “Such accusations.” He added as he reappeared walking away from us. “And here I thought we were friends.”

“Drop the act, buster! We’re on to you!” Pinkie warned him with her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“Ladies, ladies, I'm innocent. Would I lie to you?” Discord innocently responded while placing a finger on Pinkie’s mouth.

“Yes!” The mane cast minus Fluttershy and Midnight exclaimed bluntly.

“Um, maybe.” Fluttershy weakly added.

“Well then, it seems we've reached an impasse. I'm telling the truth, but you think I'm lying. What do friends like us do in a situation like this, Princess Midnight?” He asked her as he placed his paw around Midnight. “Congrats, by the way, on the promotion. You totally deserve it.”

“I say we blast him back to stone!” Rainbow Dash fiercely suggested.

“Works for me!” Applejack heavily agreed.

“Hear, hear!” Rarity added agreeing with both ponies at that suggestion.

The three of them began activating their elements until Fluttershy intervened.

“Hey! We can’t do that! What if he really is telling the truth” She told them as she directed her hooves at Discord, who was once flinching but then placed an innocent halo above his head.

“She’s right!” Midnight added vouching with Fluttershy. “I have reason to believe Discord maybe telling the truth this time.”

“What in tarnation are you talking about, Midnight!” Applejack questioned as the others girls look at her in disbelief. "If that's so then why did you have us summon here?"

“While we all know for a fact, yes this is Discord we are talking about. I wanted to double check and make sure that this was his doing. Plus if Discord was behind this, it would suit to his more ‘fun’ style than the current creepy and evil from the Everfree Forest.” Midnight explained as she pointed around to the creepy tree branches growing around Ponyville. “Such as the cotton candy clouds with chocolate rain for example.” She reminded them of the chaos Discord caused when he returned for the first time to which Pinkie slurped and drooled at the very thought of it.

“Best. Rain. Ever.” Pinkie happily drooled as the thought sinks into her mind.

“If Discord was going to mess around with Ponyville, He would do it in a way that would amuse himself.” Midnight added as she continued to explain her reasons for believing in Discord.

“Exactly!” Discord pointed out thankful for Midnight vouching for her. “Well, finally! Thank you princess! Someponies who are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt specifically when one is from royalty .” He mentioned as he brought the two of them together. “The rest of you could learn a lot about friendship from my dear friend Shutterfly here. “

“Um…It’s Fluttershy…” Fluttershy corrected him kindly and quietly.

“Oh, right, whatever.” Discord quickly dismissed.

“So, you think you can help us figure out who is?” Midnight questioned Discord.

“I suppose I could, but after all the hoof pointing and besmirching of my good name, I just don't know if I'm up to it.” He responded as he refused and brought out a couple of knitting needles, using the slithering dark vines to knit with.

“Why don't you ask your zebra friend if she knows anything?” Discord suggested, as he knitted an arrow that pointed nearby showing to them that Zecora came walking by hauling a large amount of things behind and on her just seconds later after bringing her up.

“Zecora!” Midnight called out as she and other five ponies all rushed towards her to confront her.

Because of the weight on her, she stopped in her tracks with her hooves falling forward. Midnight used her magic to detach the large bag of her things while Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash carried them off while Applejack and Pinkie Pie carried the cart off of her back.

“From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!” Zecora rhymed as she told them and stood up.

“Any idea while this is happening?” Applejack asked as one of the vines briefly stole Applejack’s hat off of her head before Applejack responded by quickly regaining control of it back from the vine.

“I'm afraid it is a mystery to me as well, but I may have something that, if combined with a spell...” She answered as she walked over to her cart to retrieve something. “I do not dare to use it myself” She further explained as she presented a vial of purple liquid inside. “The results would be tragic. It only responds to Alicorn magic.” She added as she spoke to Midnight. “Princess Midnight, you can turn the potion from purple to white. After a sip, you may see why the sky is day and night.” She added as she diplayed a hoof overhead to the sun and moon both in the sky.

Readying her horn she turns her horn’s magic aura to dark purple so she can use dark magic in order to turn the potion’s color from purple to milky white which is successful no problem for her because of her past experience with dark magic.

“Oooh” Pinkie looked at the vial amazed by the change in color.

Midnight looked back at it as Zecora nodded in confidence. Then, Zecora used her head to lift the potion up to Midnight’s lips. Midnight immediately began drinking for a good amount of time then stopped. Midnight then licked her lips, waiting for something to happen. Then after a few seconds her eyes become pure white.


Once eyes turned back to normal she shook her head to figure out where she is.

At that moment she heard a voice behind her shout “Not another step!”

It was Princess Luna appearing from behind her throne with her wings erect looking angry.

“Did you really expect me to sit idly by while they all basked in your precious light?” Princess Luna questioned angrily clearly not speaking to Midnight drawing her confusion.

“There can only be one princess in Equestria!” She shouted out as she moved over to a piece of wall that was part of the stairs. “And that princess... will be me!”

She emphasized her rage by smashing the same piece into millions of other pieces. The force of the blow led a huge crack to form from beneath her and towards the wall behind her. A large shadow began forming at the same area. A large piece of the wall behind her broke off, revealing the bright sun.

Princess Luna began raising herself mid-air, using her magic so she can move the moon behind her to directly block out the sun to create a full eclipse. Suddenly, these wisps of darkness began surrounding Princess Luna and enveloped her in total darkness.

Then when she appears out of the darkness she appeared in a new monstrous form who now cackles evilly as Midnight watching this understands what is going on. She is currently witnessing the flashback of the day Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon and when Princess Celestia banished her to the moon!