• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,200 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,200

PreviousChapters Next
5. Musical Mayhem

Author's Note:

I paired Sunset Shimmer and Operetta in this chapter. And, Johnny Spirit comes for a social call. Talk about a reunion for the daughter of the Phantom of the Opera.

In a warehouse area, two girls practiced playing their music. One was Sunset Shimmer playing her guitar. The other was Operetta, the southern music maven of Monster High, playing her organ. After twenty minutes, the girls decided to take a break.

"Thanks for letting me join you, Operetta." Sunset said.

"Y'all are welcome, Sunset." Operetta replied "I'm just glad to be friends with a fellow music lover."

Sunset was very happy for the compliment as she looks at the organ. "Wow! You play that organ pretty good."

"Well," Operetta explained, "it pays to be the daughter of the Phantom of the Opera."

"Just one thing. Why do you want me to come by myself? You know me and my friends are part of a band. And, we're getting ready to put on a show in five days."

"That's true. But, I figured you might need some alone time for a while. Besides, I can get lonely sometimes."

Suddenly, a ghostly boy in a leather jacket came through the wall, and greeted the girls in an eerie manner. "How are you doing, ladies?"

Sunset Shimmer got frightened at the sight of this ghost. "Yiiii! Johnny Spirit!!"

"You've heard of me?"

"I sure did! Clawdeen told me that you were in detention for 3,000 years. You were a real bad boy!"

Johnny looked at Sunset with a nasty smile. "I'm very flattered that anyone from Canterlot High School knows of my reputation."

Operetta steps in. "What brings y'all here anyway, Johnny?"

"I heard some music while traveling around here." Johnny Spirit said. "So, I figured to check it out."

"Operetta figured I need a break from my band mates." Sunset replied. "The two of us decided to jam together."

"You two sound pretty good. I can play music too."

Sunset was shocked. Operetta went over to explain that comment. "Johnny plays a mean fiddle, Sunset. When he was set free, he tried to take over my hangout spot. The catacombs under Monster High."

"I used to hangout there before I was placed in detention." Johnny added.

"He and I decided to have a musical duel. Him and his fiddle versus me and my organ."

"Sounds intense." Sunset said. "Who won?"

"Nobody." Johnny answered. "It was dead even. But, we did have fun making music."

Sunset then got an idea. "You heard of a musical group I represent called 'The Rainbooms'. Haven't you?"

"I sure have. Why?"

"One of the songs we cover is 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia', originally performed by the Charlie Daniels Band. That song has a lot of fiddle playing. How about joining us for that performance?"

Johnny thought about it. A minute later, he gave his answer. "Sunset Shimmer, you got a deal."

Operetta smiled, happy that Johnny has a chance to show off his talents for others. Five days later, The Rainbooms are on stage performing with students of Canterlot High School and Monster High watching. Twilight then made an announcement. "And now, folks. Joining us for this next song, here's Johnny Spirit!"

Johnny and his fiddle floated on stage. He gets a great amount of applause. The band started playing, and Johnny jammed with them. In the audience, the elegant Octavia watched in amazement.

"Johnny Spirit is great, Operetta." Octavia said. "I'm glad Sunset suggested that he plays with the band."

Operetta was happy to here that. "So am I, Octavia. So am I.”

PreviousChapters Next