• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,200 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,200

PreviousChapters Next
28. Elegant and Wild Painting

Author's Note:

Jackson Jekyll and his counterpart, Holt Hyde, are perfect friends for DJ Pon 3 and Ocravia. As this chapter explains.

"I can't believe that you and I are going to perform next week." Octavia said to her roommate, Vinyl Scratch.

"I know, Octavia." Vinyl replied. "Your elegant cello playing, and my rocking identity, DJ Pon-3, are going to rock that night"

"You said that you have somebody painting a mural of us to promote this concert."

"I sure did!"

Meanwhile, a normal looking boy with glasses finished painting a portrait of Octavia when the ladies arrive.

"Hi, Vinyl." The young man greeted. "I just finished the portrait of Octavia."

"Thanks, Jackson." Vinyl replied.

Octavia was confused. "Jackson?"

"Yeah, Octavia. Jackson Jekyll. I asked him to paint our portraits, to announce the concert. You and I will finish with the information."

Octavia looked at the portrait, and is impressed. "It's very good. But, Vinyl, where's your portait?"

"That's where my counterpart comes in." Jackson answered. "Though I'm still not used to it."

"Counterpart?"

Vinyl picks up her boom box and prepares to turn it on. "Just watch this."

Vinyl turns on the boom box, music starts playing, and Jackson flashed and transforms into a blue skinned boy with red hair and wearing a red leather jacket.

"What Jackson started," The boy said as he looked at the painting, "I'll finish. Let's rock!"

The young boy started painting, and Octavia got confused. "What's going on?"

Vinyl gave a simple explanation. "Rocking music makes Jackson Jekyll change into Holt Hyde."

"Wow! Jekyll and Hyde. There's a perfect union."

Ten minutes later, Vinyl's portrait is done.

"There you are, ladies." Holt Hyde said. "Ready for you to finish."

"Nice work, Holt." Vinyl praised.

"But," Octavia wondered, "how can Holt transform back?"

"By switching off the music."

Vinyl turned off the boom box. Holt realized what happened. "Oh well, time to go."

In a flash, Holt changed back into Jackson. All three people looked at the portraits.

"I guess Holt is good for something after all." Jackson realized.

"He sure is, dude." Vinyl said.

Octavia looked at the painting, and is impressed. "For a young man with a split personality, he's excellent."

PreviousChapters Next