• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,200 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,200

PreviousChapters Next
14. The Mysterious Meows

Author's Note:

In this chapter, Toralei Stripe and her partners decided to branch out and start trouble for Twilight and her friends.

Twilight has a talk with Applejack at a pizza place about a problem at Sweet Apple Acres.

"Every night for the past four nights," Applejack explained, "my family and I keep hearing cat sounds. It was driving Winona crazy."

"Did you find these cats making the noise?" Twilight wondered.

"Nope. This is more puzzling than a bear trying to find its den when Winter comes."

Twilight then has an idea. "I'll come over your place tonight, Applejack. Together, we'll solve this mystery."

"You'll do that for me, Twilight?" Applejack asked.

"Of course. I'll also call Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash to help you too."

The two friends embrace each other in a loving hug. Later, Twilight and Sunset walk around the barn as the sun goes down.

"Are you sure about this, Twi?" Sunset wondered quietly.

"Of course." Twilight answered softly. "One of those meows is near the barn. Big Mac is stationed in there. As soon as we hear the meows, I'll whistle for him to shine the spotlight."

"I get it. This way, we'll know who's making that racket."

"Right. Meanwhile, Rainbow and Applejack are on the other side of the house doing their own stakeout."

The girls waited for twenty minutes to make a move. Just then, a loud meow was heard. Twilight gave a loud whistle, and Big Macintosh turned on a spotlight. Twilight and Sunset saw what looked like a cat like person wearing a leather jacket and black tights with rip designs.

"No way!" Sunset Shimmer shouted. "Toralei Stripe!"

Twilight looked shocked. "Monster High's residential mean girl? Wow!"

Sunset walked up to the mischievous Toralei. "So, you were causing those noises. Why?!"

"Things got a little boring back home." The werecat confessed. "So, I decided to do a little traveling."

"Why bother the Apple family?" Twilight asked. "They don't harm anybody."

"You're right, Twilight Sparkle. But, it was so much fun. That dog of theirs, Winona, barked her head off. It was hysterical."

"And, you weren't alone!" Applejack called out as she and Rainbow Dash came out with two more werecats.

"We found these two roaming outside the cornfield." Rainbow added. "Are these friends of yours?"

Sunset recognized the duo. "Purrsephone and Meowlody. Toralei's werecat sisters."

The two sisters ran to join Toralei. Twilight walks up to the trio. "I think you three better get lost or I'll call my brother."

Toralei Stripe started getting nervous. "Your brother is Officer Shining Armor. Right?"

"That's right." Twilight answered as she pulls out her smartphone.

Toralei turned to her comrades. "Purrsephone, Meowlody, SCAT!"

The three werecats zipped away from Sweet Apple Acres as Twilight and her friends watch with delight.

"Well, now that those critters scattered off," Applejack said, "how about I have Granny Smith whip up some hot chocolate."

The other girls nodded as they went back into the house.

PreviousChapters Next