• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,200 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,200

PreviousChapters Next
2. Surfer in Progress

Author's Note:

To recap: Zephyr Breeze brags about being a good surfer. Of course, he didn't follow up on that. So, water maven, Lagoona Blue, decides to help him overcome that obstacle.

Rainbow Dash watches the waves at the beach as Fluttershy, dressed in her wetsuit, joins her.

"Hey, Fluttershy." Rainbow greeted. "What's up?"

"I heard that my brother has been learning how to surf." Fluttershy informed.

"What?! Zephyr Breeze is trying to surf? That goofball brother of yours almost got himself hurt trying something he never knew."

"I heard that somebody has been teaching him how to surf for three weeks now."

At another area of the beach, Zephyr sits on his board waiting for a chance to ride a wave. On the shore, a light teal woman with wavy blond hair, fins on her arms and legs, and webbed hands watches Zephyr and talks to him with an Australian accent. "Remember, mate. Wait for the right moment. Then, ride that wave."

"Are you sure all your teaching will help me?" Zephyr asked.

"As long as you maintain balance, you'll be fine. Surfing is about balance."

Nodding to his teacher, Zephyr sees a wave, and swims out to it. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy arrive to the scene. The rainbow haired girl recognized the visitor. "Lagoona Blue! What brings you here?"

"Hello, Rainbow Dash." Lagoona replied. "I'm just spending my day here at this beach."

"So, you're Monster High's water maiden." Fluttershy said. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Fluttershy. Your brother, Zephyr Breeze, told me all about you."

Soon, Rainbow Dash spotted Zephyr Breeze in the water and got Fluttershy's attention. "Hey, Fluttershy. Look!"

The three girls watch as Zephyr rides the wave. Although nervous, he concentrated on his balance. Everybody was shocked. After his ride, Zephyr picked up his board, and made his way back to shore. His eyes widened when he saw Rainbow and Fluttershy.

"You guys were watching me?" Zephyr yelped.

"We were, Zephyr." Rainbow Dash replied. "You were awesome! And, that's saying a lot."

"I never thought you would be riding any wave after what happened last time." Fluttershy added.

Zephyr stood up his board and placed his arm around Fluttershy's shoulder. "I guess it pays to have a pretty cool teacher."

Lagoona blushed as Rainbow stood puzzled. "I don't get it, Lagoona. What made you decide to teach Zephyr Breeze how to surf?"

Lagoona gave Rainbow Dash a good explanation. "Your farmer friend, Applejack, told me about the results of Zephyr's boasting. I feel bad for the poor guy."

"So, you took it upon yourself to teach him about what surfing's about."

"That's right, Rainbow. I'd say, he's on his way to being a cool surfer."

Zephyr then walked up to Rainbow and Lagoona. "So, Rainbow. Feel like going out for a burger with me?"

The cocky boy flashed a big smile. But, Rainbow Dash gave him a strong response.

"Don't push your luck, Zephyr!" Rainbow Dash and Lagoona Blue said at the same time.

The two girls looked at each other, and shared a laugh as Fluttershy looks on.

"Zephyr Breeze has learned a lot about surfing." Fluttershy said to herself. "But, when it comes to impressing Rainbow Dash, he has a lot to learn."

PreviousChapters Next