• Published 1st Oct 2019
  • 725 Views, 120 Comments

Nightmare Night - Dreadnought

  • ...
2
 120
 725

Chapter 2: Alien

The crew of the Nostromo gathered around the table in the mess for a final meal before going back into stasis. Artificial food was passed around, alcohol consumed, and cigarettes smoked.

"First thing I'm going to do when we get back is eat some descent food," boasted Kane, still recovering from his harrowing experience in the alien ship.

"I can dig it. I've eaten worse food than this, but then I've tasted better," replied Parker.

Tapping her cigarette into the ash tray, Lambert remarked, "You're pounding down this stuff like there's no tomorrow."

Parker gave her a sly grin as he replied, "I'd rather be eating something else, but right now, I'm thinking food."

Disgusted, she rolled her eyes at his comment.

"You should know, you know what it's made of," chuckled Kane.

He laughed, "I don't wanna to talk about what it's made of. I'm eating this!"

Kane began choking.

"What's the matter, man? The food ain't that bad baby!"

The crew grew more concerned as he continued choking.

He struggled to stand up, then turned and fell back onto the table. As he writhed in agony, the other crew members rushed over and grabbed his limbs to restrain him. Parker tried forcing open his jaws to insert a spoon for his friend to bite down on. Kane let out a scream and blood exploded from his chest as though he'd been shot in the back. Covered in blood and shocked, everyone stopped in horror for a moment and just stared. Kane began convulsing, and the other crew members struggled to hold him down. A mass grew in his chest and his chest ripped open. "Surprise!" yelled the pink pony.

"CUT!"

Everyone stopped.

The director rubbed his head. "Everyone take five. Pinkie, I need to talk to you for a moment."

"Sure thing, Mr. director," replied the buoyant pony, climbing out of the faux chest and wiping the fake blood from her face. Everyone else headed to their trailers or the cafeteria. One disgruntled cast member muttered, "That was take fifty."

Ridley Scott stood there for a moment, searching for the words. "I don't think this is going to work."

"Why not?" asked a concerned Pinkie.

"Well, your entrance was too... enthusiastic. Our creature isn't supposed to talk. It's supposed to be a mindless monster that scares the s@#$ out of the audience. And," he paused for a moment, "I don't think a pony is going to do it. No matter how much blood and guts we cover you with, you're still come across as cute. Tempest Shadow might be able to pull this off, but I'm sorry, we're going to have to replace you."

Author's Note:

Bet you didn't see that coming! BTW, Alien will be back in select theaters starting October 13th!

Dreadnought