• Published 1st Oct 2019
  • 712 Views, 120 Comments

Nightmare Night - Dreadnought

  • ...
2
 120
 712

Chapter 31: The Party

The Castle of Friendship was rocking. Vinyl Scratch blasted Nightmare Night themed songs with her new, extra-large speakers dialed up past eleven. The music reverberated throughout the cavernous entrance hall that was packed to the limit. It seemed all of Ponyville had turned out for the party. What's more, dragons, buffalo, yaks, griffons, and changelings joined in the revelry. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Even Grampa Gruff and Cranky Doodle had broad smiles upon their faces.

Four members of the young six watched a perfectly matched pair on the dance floor. Yona and Sandbar moved and grooved to the beat, with eyes only for each other.

"Pinkie Pie always throws the best party," said the dragon-costumed pony.

"What?" demanded Yona, dressed as a mummy yet still able to avoid tripping over her wrappings.

"I said, Pinkie Pie always throws the best party," he repeated.

"What?" she repeated.

"Pinkie Pie always throws the best party!" he yelled.

"What!?" she yelled back.

"This party is great!!!"

"What do you hate?" she asked.

Next to the young lovers was Big Mac, dressed as Sir McBiggun, dancing with Sugar Belle who had decided to come dressed as Pinkie Pie.

Meanwhile, a mischievous pegasus flew up to the balcony. She turned to the entrance hall, and grinned.

"Enjoying the party?"

Rainbow Dash jumped, "Twilight!?"

"You okay there, sugarcube?" asked Applejack, coming over on Rainbow Dash's other side.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied, rubbing the back of her neck.

Turning back to the entrance hall, Twilight asked, "It's quite the party, don't you think?"

Rainbow Dash chuckled, "Yeah, it'll be real memorable."

Twilight eyed Rainbow Dash suspiciously. "What did you do?"

"Nothing," Rainbow replied too quickly.

Applejack looked Rainbow Dash squarely in the face.

Rainbow Dash squirmed under the gaze.

"I didn't do anything."

Applejack's unblinking eyes stared directly into Dash's.

"I mean, it's nothing," insisted the pegasus.

Applejack cocked an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay, you got me. I spiked the punch."

"You put alcohol where foals can get it?" gasped Twilight.

"No, I used this potion that Discord gave the Crusaders."

"What!?" yelled Twilight and Applejack simultaneously.

"Jinx!" cried Rainbow Dash, laughing nervously.

"You spiked the punch with somethin' Discord gave the Crusaders?" demanded Applejack.

"Yeah?" confirmed Rainbow Dash. "It'll be okay," she assured.

The music screeched to a halt. Creatures gathered around the punch bowl began screaming in agony. Then, the unthinkable happened. Fluttershy grew into a monstrous dragon, while Dragon Lord Ember turned into a cute blue pegasus. Lyra became a manticore, while Bon Bon turned into a quarry eel. Rumble transformed into a cockatrice. Four members of the young six merged to become a rampaging Hydra.

"Rainbow Dash!" yelled Applejack as Twilight fainted.

Author's Note:

Happy Nightmare Night! Oh, and Halloween.

I should also mention that I post this as I'm standing in line for registration to Ponyville Ciderfest 2019!

Dreadnought