• Published 1st Oct 2019
  • 712 Views, 120 Comments

Nightmare Night - Dreadnought

  • ...
2
 120
 712

Chapter 9: Medical Procedures

"How - how bad is it?" asked Lightning Bolt.

Dr. Horse removed his glasses and sighed, "You sustained very serious injuries in your accident. Your right wing is completely shattered."

The pegasus's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm afraid there's not much I can do," he confessed.

Looking him deep in the eyes, she pleaded, "Please. There has to be something. I'll do anything. I'll pay anything. Please. I - I need to fly again."

"Well," Dr. Horse said, rubbing his chin. "I have heard of this new clinic up north. They claim that they can help ponies with severe injuries and diseases...."

***

"All aboard!" cried the train conductor.

Lightning Bolt hoofed over her ticket and boarded the compartment. She was immediately taken back its occupants. There were unicorns with broken horns. Pegasi with shattered wings. Earth ponies with legs in casts. Others let out hacking coughs or looked as though they were on death's doorstep.

She made her way down the aisle until she found an empty seat. The pony sitting across from her, a stallion with a multitude of scars, said, "Howdy, Miss."

"Hello," she timidly replied.

"Not what you were expecting?"

"I didn't expect - Well, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. After all, the Halo Clinic is supposed to be the best in Equestria."

"Yeah, that's what Ah hear. Seems like it's given every pony here a second chance."

***

Thrrrrp!

Scootaloo spread the white liquid around, before dumping glitter onto her project. Suddenly, something hit her. She looked up at the other members of the CMC. "Girls," she asked, "do you ever wonder where glue comes from?"

Author's Note:

In case you were wondering, the "Halo Clinic" is supposed to be a take-off of the "Mayo Clinic." I couldn't think of anything pony related. At least Futurama uses "Taco Bellevue Hospital."

Dreadnought