• Published 1st Oct 2019
  • 715 Views, 120 Comments

Nightmare Night - Dreadnought

  • ...
2
 120
 715

Chapter 11: Special Order

Ding-a-Ling!

Pinkie Pie bounced out from the kitchen to see Rarity perusing the delicious desserts of Sugarcube Corner.

"Hiya Rarity!" she greeted.

"Pinkie, darling, I have come to place an order."

"Okie dokie!" She grabbed a pencil and pad. "Who's it going to?"

"Prince Blueblood."

"Prince Blueblood! You mean that meanie unicorn who treated you terribly?"

Rarity waved a hoof. "That was ages ago."

Pinkie leaned in, "Ooh, do you still have a crush on him?"

"No. But I need some closure. I'd like to send him a cake."

"What kind?"

"Your special cake."

"You mean - "

"Yes."

***

The door gently opened.

"I wasn't to be disturbed," reprimanded Blueblood.

"My apologies, sir. You have a special delivery." The butler held forth a large cake.

"Hmm..." thought Blueblood. "That does look good. Bring it here."

***

Pinkie Pie merrily bounced her way down the streets of Canterlot.

Boom!!!

Everypony gasped. They looked up to see smoke billowing from one of the tallest and priciest buildings in town.

Pinkie just smiled. It was always a special day when somepony got her pineapple grenade upside down cake.

Author's Note:

Greetings readers. I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. I'm feeling a bit down, and when I'm down, I lose all desire to write. So I had to force myself to write today's chapter. Let me explain:

It's cold and gray outside, and it's been snowing for nearly a week. Summer seems like a lifetime ago. Plus a number of my friends have departed for their next duty station, so it's getting lonely here. Yesterday I managed to catch Joker at the movie theater. It's depressing and you really feel sorry for the guy. On top of that, tomorrow is the series finale. Discovery Family's special "Decade of Pony" showed a few glimpses of the finale - it's going to be a tearjerker. Well, that's all I have to say about that. The year's almost done and I want to make 2020 a great year!

Dreadnought