• Published 2nd Oct 2019
  • 2,346 Views, 67 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Skylanders Quest - Mister V



The Ninjas travel to Skylands to rebuild the core of light

  • ...
10
 67
 2,346

Molekin Mine

Our heroes soon arrived at the Molekin Mine where they met Blobbers.

"What the..." He said "Where did you come from? The Skylanders!" He then looked at Sunset and Fugitoid "Oh and you two must be the Portal Masters that helped them rescue our townsfolk! I'm afraid we need your help once more! We were digging, um, well, I mean the Molekin were digging - and I was supervising. We found something! An ancient relic called the Crucible of the Ages! Dunno what happened, but some... someTHING triggered a cave-in! They're all trapped... the mole miners! You've got to rescue them! Use the Mining Pick to break through cracked rocks. Simple physics!"

"Thanks Blobbers." Sunset said before taking the Mining Pick and led everyone off to save the miners and find the Crucible of the Ages! Along the way, Cynder and decided to tell her origin stories.

"I'll go first." Cynder said as a flashback showed her as an egg being taken by evil forces. "I was a dangerous dragon with a dark past. While still in my egg, I was stolen by the henchmen of the evil Dragon King named Malefor." We then see Malefor training her. "He brought me up as a black-hearted harbinger of despair, but deep inside me shone a small speck of goodness." We then see Spyro help free Cynder from Malefor's control. "It was none other than Spyro who released me from Malefor's grip by defeating me in battle. Once defeated, the red mist lifted and the spell of evil was broken. I quickly renounced my evil ways and vowed to fight for good." We finally see her help Spyro defeat Malefor and join the Skylanders. "I even joined Spyro on a dangerous quest and came out smiling. Trusting Spyro's judgement, Master Eon signed me up to become one of the scariest Skylanders."

"My goodness, you two make a great team!" Rarity said making Spyro and Cynder blush. Before too long they met Diggs who found the Crucible of the Ages!

"You did it!" He said "You saved the miners! I'd gladly walk over and shake your hand but I'm afraid I must have injured my leg while down here and can't walk. Oh! I can't make it on my own because of all the excruciating pain I'm in. Push me out in the mine cart, would ya? Wait, in my complete agony I almost forgot I managed to find the Crucible of the Ages! I'll hold on to it while you push, even though it hurts."

"No problem." Sunset said as she and the others put Diggs in the cart. On the way out, Hex decided to tell her story.

"It's quite a tale to tell." She said as a flashback showed her demonstrating her skills and news of it reaching Malefor. "I was a skilled elven sorceress whose spell-casting abilities once attracted great attention from all across Skylands. Many years ago, the news of my power even passed to the dark and dangerous underworld. Here, the evil Undead Dragon King, Malefor, hatched a plot to kidnap my." We then see Malefor's minions try in vain to find Hex who was hiding with many other mystics. "But try as they might, Malefor's minions could not track me down. Together with the entire local magic community of soothsayers, sorcerers, witches, wizards and warlocks, I was forced into hiding." We then see Hex go to fight Malefor and discover that she is one with the land of the dead. "A life on the run was not a great deal of fun, so I decided to take on the terrible Dragon King. I descended into the darkest depths of the Undead underworld. Here, to my surprise, the Undead army of Rhu-Barbs, Shadow Knights and Bone Archers held back from attack. But soon I realized the gruesome reason why: by entering the land of the Undead, I had become one of them." We finally see Hex unleash her full power on Malefor. "I unleashed her most destructive magic on Malefor. When the smoke cleared, I was back in my village, but my Undead legacy remained. Nowadays I am the protector of magic-wielders everywhere, not to mention one of Eon's most admired Skylanders."

"That is so AWESOME!!!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I know." Hex replied. Before long, our heroes soon arrived at the entrance to the Mine.

"You saved everyone!!" Blobbers said. "AND I have some good news! All this seismic activity as opened up a new tunnel back there. And there are new train tracks! Tracks that go deeper."

"Hey!" Diggs said. "Come on! Miner in terrible pain here! Grab that Crucible and let's get our of here!" Our heroes soon left, unaware of yet another hooded figure that left burn marks where he walked.

"This is very very good!" He said. "Now I just have to wait." When our heroes returned, they heard Eon's voice once again.

"the Crucible of the Ages!" He said "Made withstand the terrible forces of 1000 burning suns." The Crucible then inserted itself into a place of the machine just below the centerpiece of the machine. Back at Kaos' fortress, the little bald guy was not happy.

"GLUMSHANKS!" He said.

"Uh, yes, Lord Kaos." Glumshanks answered.

"I have a job for you." Kaos said. "Those cursed Skylanders, OOH and that big faker of a Portal Master and her friends, have interfered with my plans to become emperor of Skylands for the last time. But you Glumshanks, you help can stop them."

"Me?" He asked.

"See, things are very bad for us right now." Kaos said.

"But I thought you said the Darkness was growing." Glumshanks said. "That it didn't matter what they did. You said-"

"NEVERMIND WHAT I SAID!" Kaos shouted before getting his cool back. "Look Glumshanks, all we have to do is keep them from getting one, JUST ONE of the Eternal Source, and it'll all be over, which brings me to you old friend. All you have to do is make your way deep underground, sneak past the deadly lava guardians, and withstand the scorching heat of a burning volcano to sabotage the tracks at the mine train. Meanwhile, Don Fuego will go on ahead and simply go after the Eternal Fire Source. HAHAHAHAHA! See, there's more then one way to derail their plans."

"Oh please tell me you didn't just say that." Glumshanks said who left, unhappy about the job he was given.

"OH I DID! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Kaos answered. Back at the ruins, Hugo doing research and admiring our heroes progress.

"The Core of Light is nearly complete, but we're not done yet." He said. "The caves underground go deep. These train tracks should lead to the Lava Lakes, where you'll find the Eternal Fire Source."

"Ooh...That sounds dangerous." Diggs said.

"It will be." Hugo said. "Only creatures of the deep dwell there."

"Well, at least it will be warm." Diggs said. "And hey, my leg is all better now! I'll bet the train started. Are you ready to go now?"

"Yep, let's go get the Eternal Fire Source." Sunset said.

"Okay!" Diggs said. "ALL ABOARD the express way to certain doom! Choo! Choo!" They then got on the train and took off. along the way, Sunset pulled out another picture of Leo and Twilight and wondered if they were okay.

Author's Note:

Now that the Cucible is found, they just need to find the Eternal Fire Source

Trivia:

Hex and Cynder's origins can be found in the Skylanders Wiki and had references to the Legend of Spyro series

Credit for the Picture goes to BozzerKazooers