• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,221 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,221

Chap 14

"Yet you think you can hike." Flurry replied.

"Well, yeah I got the teleportation for if things start to go wrong." Brent retorted

"Just concerns me, weather can be unpredictable up here especially outside the city." Flurry said concern ebbing into her tone.

"Just don't want you getting hurt you've already had enough of an injury with this." Flurry said tapping his head with her hoof.

Mention of his injury from others tended to make Brent uncomfortable in a way it had outcasted him from society but here there was no frame of reference and now he mostly was functioning normally bar his low energy.

Despite his limited ability with emotions he could fully sense the compassion in what she said.


They wound up hugging each other Brent trying to sooth Flurry. Flurry wanting to fully express her caring for him but not entirely sure how to get around the seemingly unbreaking mental barrier he had that inhibited the potential progression of their relationship.

"We should go out today, there's a few nice restaurants and an inclosed park we could go to." Flurry said getting a few ideas.

"An inclosed park? Haven't heard about that before." Brent replied.

"May be because you spend all your time in two places. ," Flurry said giving him a bit of a sly smile.

"As I think I've said/made clear im not the most social person. If you want to go out and about should plan it out." Brent said in a quick reply.


"No thanks." Flurry replied wanting to be a little spontaneous while knowing to be careful with Brent. She had sat up at some point during their conversation and Brents hand was still semi stuck in her mane.


"So it's late morning now what to do?" Brent asked while his mind was already screaming several different answers at him his lust, old ideals, and need to not risk their comfortableness with each other battling for control.

The fact he felt sexual desires toward her seriously irked his old ideals so they were the most intense two.

She could feel the conflict happening it was similar to the time he kicked her out of his room, but they were closer now so she wasn't worried about being kicked out.

He put his music on the calm tracks and after a few songs the conflict seemed to have drastically lessened. She put a wing around his back trying to further calm him. He leaned into her appreciating this.

"So what was that about?" Flurry asked.

"Honestly I'm still at war with myself. Let's get out of here for a while should help." He stood put his shoes on and got his satchel. While he was doing this Flurry had already gone to the door and waiting on him.

They exited the house to a thin layer of snow on the ground was enough to crunch though. The snow still made Brent nervous remembering how not too long ago any shifty terrain snow sand whatever Made him extremely unstable, he relaxed when he stepped in and had no problem.
"Can't remember the last time I enjoyed snow." Brent said as he walked out.

"If you intend on staying up here you best get used to it." Flurry replied.

"Fine by me im built for low temps so long as there's no wind or rain." Brent replied following Flurry as he had no clue where they were going.

"So where are you taking me?"

"To the park." Flurry said smiling lightly. "It has an enchantment, so no weather gets to it. So even in the dead of winter there's a nice warm place to relax."

"So it's basically a greenhouse." Brent replied his scientific side getting to express itself for the first time since he made the table.

"Would assume so." Flurry replied not wanting to question at the moment

So they arrived at the park, which besides a sign the only indication they arrived was a sudden cut from snow to a clear grassy field with some trees, benches and paths. There were a few groups and families here.

Brent and Flurry went over to a tree as a warm breeze went by. Brent being lazy and feeling a bit too warm snapped and the sleeves of his shirt were gone. "This kind of feels like mid spring temps." He said as he settled down, back on the tree.

Flurry lied down near him. "Yes it does, this area is either in spring or fall depending on the time of year. The fall and spring of a more temperate area that is."

"So it's just varying levels of cold here." Brent replied as he closed his eyes to enjoy the atmosphere.

"More or less yes." She replied.

They sat and chatted for about an hour until leaving for brunch. Brent continued having his internal battle the old ideals were losing and lust/love were winning, love yes that's what he was feeling for her 100% sure now. They arrived at a rather homey restaurant.


"Was thinking you were going to pull me to a fancy place, though I do prefer one's like this." Brent said

"Most fancy places don't do brunch, and good to know." Flurry replied.

They were soon seated at a table by the window. They had a good meal before heading towards his place, when they arrived he knelt down at her level held her shoulders. "While I would love to have you come in, I think you should check on your mom and maybe spend a day at home. I could also use the time to finish reformatting my mind."

He gave her a quick kiss before lightly pushing her shoulders to get her moving

"Alright see you later then." Flurry said as she took flight.


Brent opened his door to an empty house. "Sure this would make Discord happy saying goodbye to the last of my old logic today."

He sat feeling very strange at fully accepting this then just put his head in his hands for a while feeling like a computer with too many programs running. When he got over this he laid down on the couch closing his eyes, trying to let his brain finish adjustments as fast as possible. "Not as mentally flexible as I used to be it would seem."

Meanwhile

Flurry arrived home and immediately started searching for her mother on finding her they talked for a while by the end Flurry felt less angry with her mother and Cadence had said she wanted to properly apologize to Brent and wanted to actually invite him over for dinner instead of an order masked as an invite and asked if Flurry would deliver the invite.

Flurry agreed but wanted to wait for tomorrow knowing Brent needed some time and space.

Back at Brent's house

"Hey Discord, you available?" Brent said to empty space.

"Why yes I am, just finished a tea party with Fluttershy." Discord said not actually in the room yet.

"Could you teach me how to do the portals please?" Brent asked.

Discord slid his way into the room suddenly appearing while wearing a suit. "I thought you'd never ask." He said. "It's actually quite simple, similar to teleporting just need an image of where you want it to go it can be vague don't need the precision of teleporting. concentrate and think of opening a door and there you go you should have your own portal. Now you try."

Brent thought back to the market Discord had dropped him at before did as he had said and opened a portal that he could see the market through though it disappeared shortly after it appeared.

"Oh and it's the only way you can get to the chaos dimension without draining all your magic." Discord continued. "And if you want a truly stable portal you have to make it from there or you don't have enough of the magic in you or the ability to focus it to maintain one by yourself."

"Okay good to know so I dont accidentally cut myself in half." Brent replied.

Discord lightly chuckled. "We wouldn't want that."