• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,216 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,216

Chap 17

After he had eaten. Him, Celestia and Flurry discussed his position and how he would be handled. To be treated similarly to Discord but supervised by the crystal royals rather than the sisters. "It's nice knowing we have the two users of chaos magic on our side. In theory" Celestia finished before leaving.

It was just Brent and Flurry for a while after that she had laid her head on him and he petted her while in a semi-asleep state. His muscles were worn out after yesterday he could still feel the deep sting from the burns and there was what felt like a gash through his right hand.

A nurse came in to change his bandages and he saw his hand had stitches on both sides something had clearly gone straight through his hand he hadn't noticed because adrenaline at the time. He knew his magic would ensure any destroyed bones or muscle would be fully repaired to its original state if it could grow arteries it could easily do that.

For the time being, though his hand was out of commission hurt to move the fingers. "Back where I started it seems."

Flurry lifted her head at him speaking. "What?"

"Just thinking about how my right hand is useless again." He said to her. As he petted her with his left.

He learned later that day he would be let out under the condition he kept his physical activity low for about a week. Flurry offered he stay at the castle for a while which he didn't exactly want to do but saw it as the most logical option.


"Alright I'll stay with you." He said not exactly happy about not being able to go home. "But could you get my stuff? The headphones phone and small battery specifically."

"Yeah, I'll be back in a bit." She hopped off her chair and headed for his home. About fifteen minutes later she returned with his satchel holding his stuff.

"One more night here then I'm free-ish." Brent said. "And thanks Flurry." He put his music on starting with The Last Of Us, which gave him fond memories. "Spent so many hours replaying this and writing stories in its world."


Flurry raised her head. "You write?"


"Eh depends on what you count as writing." He went quiet and listened to his music getting occasional blasts of memories from some of the songs.

The day mostly went like this occasional bits of conversation but otherwise just listening together.


"You know you don't have to stick with me." Brent said to Flurry.

She nodded. "But I'd like to." She replied snuggling her head into him.

He smiled and snuggled back. "I'm glad we met."

"Same here." She replied.

It remained like this till dinner. Flurry and him both had salads a nice and simple meal with Parfais as a dessert. This gave him memories of his hospital stay after his stroke slightly painful.

Flurry picked up on this and gave him a worried look. He patted her head to assure her that he was fine. Then snapped getting no effect.

"Seems I'm right healing comes first. Slightly disappointing." He said.

Flurry gave him a quizzical look. "What were you trying to do? "

"Just trying to get my book from home. But no dice." He replied petting her head then just putting his arm around her closing his eyes. He fell asleep like this.

Come the morning after breakfast they brought a large for them wheelchair into his room for his discharge. He got up significantly less of it but still stabbing pain in his chest. He remained quiet the pain keeping him that way.

He was pushed to the castle a good number of ponies greeted and thanked him. He smiled and nodded feeling like he was being rude not saying anything but he still couldn't really get himself to speak above a whisper.

They passed Sombra as he was encapsulated near the castle. Saw several guards posted around him. They arrived at the still bashed open door to the castle. Brent had melted down the crystal that did it but what remained still had to be removed before repairs could be done.

Brent dearly wished he could help, but at the moment he was back to being useless. He thought he would be taken to his room from his previous stay but soon realized they were going the wrong way soon they arrived at their apparent destination.

Flurry opened the door and rolled him in. "Wait this isn't the right room!" He said trying to raise his voice.

Flurry just shook her head. "Your staying with me while your here. You heard what the doc said, need to make sure you aggravate your wounds as little as possible."

She rolled him to the bed and he got up and laid down in it sinking somewhat. He rolled to the middle and started looking around the room he was in. There were a few things clearly making the room feminine and fancy but overall it was rather simple for the general appearance of the castle.

Flurry hopped up and made her way over to him using her magic to make curtain things fall from the top of the bed frame.

"Hey Flurry, I don't know what you're planning but no getting frisky right now still rather beat up." Brent said.

"I know just want to make sure you're comfortable and heal up so you can make good on your promise." She replied lying by him belly up as he was lying on his back as well.

He started rubbing her belly being gentle. "I want to help with repairs rather bad but I’m too damn weak right now." He complained.

"Focus on healing and getting enough magic for a portal so you can speed up your recharge." Flurry replied looking him in the eyes. "Since you can't do both at the same time."

Several days later, his wounds had mostly healed some left scars his hand and head specifically. "That's another to the head scar collection." He ran his fingers through the two scars that crossed the top of his head. "Sitting and standing doesn't hurt anymore, that's a plus." He examined his chest there were a few thin pink lines but otherwise nothing remained of his burns.

"You alright in there?" Flurry called

"Yeah, I'm alright be out in a moment." Brent replied from the bathroom.

He came out after putting his shirt back on. "What is it we're doing again?"

"My aunt is coming up for a visit tonight, slightly fear how she'll react to you though." Flurry replied. Unless the sisters told her about him, he will be a completely new thing to catalog to her. She thought with some dread.

Brent snapped popping a suit jacket on trying to be semi formal. "Man it's nice having that back."

Flurry gave him a look "Your supposed to be charging up on your magic."

"Why not have a little fun?" He asked smiling at her.

"Because if something like Sombra were to happen right now we wouldn't be able to stop it!" She yelled at him frustrated. "Were supposed to be really powerful mom and I, yet we couldn't do very much to him." She cried.

Brent hugged her trying his best to comfort her. "Alright I’ll be serious about my magic till it's back to normal." He said while rubbing her back.


Ater about a minute They left the room. "Hope you're prepared for a potential barrage of questions Brent." Flurry said looking up at him.


"I'll do my best to endure them if it comes to that." Brent replied as they walked and he yawned.

A few minutes later they arrived at the main room near the front door to find Twilight was already there talking with Cadence and Shining. Flurry walked right in Brent however tried to stick near the wall. "The fourth and final princess, eh hope I don't get treated the same as the sisters by her."

Twilight placed her cup down and looked toward the wall Brent was sliding against she had sensed him. "Oh you must be Brent. It's nice to meet you." She hopped off her chair came over and extend a hoof to Brent.

He shook it. Well that went differently than expected. He thought as he said. "Yes hello, and you are?"

"Oh I'm Twilight Sparkle princess of friendship." She formally replied. "But you can just call me Twilight. Heard a lot about you from Cadence and Shining." She finished with a smile.

This was spooking Brent some his brain had been so braced for this to go poorly. He nodded with a small smile and went to sit. Twilight did the same returning to where she had been.

The royals resumed conversation while Brent remained quiet seeing no reason to push himself in it was family talk after all. He would have to thank them for lessening the number of questions he inevitably would be asked.

Eventually his silence was noticed. "Hey you there Brent?" Cadence asked.

He nodded. "Just didn't see a reason to include myself in the conversation."

Ah yes his tendency to space out /secluded himself from conversations they told me about. Twilight thought.

Conversations resumed. One's Brent participated in. Till they were told dinner was ready.

Once they arrived the four royals resumed talking and Brent quietly waited for the meal to come out. While he was no longer muted by his pain still felt most natural being quiet. especially around new people, more so because he had no real gadge of Twilight yet. She had a more notable presence than Cadence and Flurry magic wise but not to the sisters level.

"Aside from today I have barely heard anything about you." Twilight suddenly said looking at Brent. He just shrugged

"Not much to talk about really." He replied. "Aside from my magic i'm really nothing special." Flurry nudged him giving a disapproving look after he said that.

Twilight shook her head a little. "Are all humans like that?" She asked.

Brent seemed surprised. "Like what?'

"Self deprecating Or ignorant of their own traits!"

"Well not all of us but a lot of my generation is that way. Dark humor as coping with the ever degrading state of our world. Also a degree of self hatred in some cases." He answered.

"Degrading how?"Twilight asked.

"Well our world is heating up and it feels like our governments aren't trying to stop it well some are. A few results of the rising temperatures Have been extremely erratic weather felt like there was always a forest on fire and mass extinction of ocean life such as corals."

"That sounds very scary to be honest." Twilight replied while the others had a semi horrified look.

"Agreed but it's our fault careless burning of fossil fuels mass cutting down of forest, humans while were intelligent, were also rather short sighted most the time." He continued

"Fossil fuels?" Twilight asked.

"Coal oil,etc. Long petrified organic material in the simplest sense i think." The food had arrived while they had been talking.

They all ate afterwards Brent headed towards Flurrys room as the others talked feeling depressed after thinking about earth. "If only i could go back with my magic could probably fix a lot."

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by toshibafox deleted Dec 9th, 2019
Login or register to comment