• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,217 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,217

Chap 6

After another hour or so of his mental breakdown and listening to music to calm himself, Brent emerged from his room feeling hollow and hungry. Was lunch time after all.


"Wonder what's available?" He walked into the dinning room to find a lone Cadence who seemed to be waiting on food and working on something. Brent gave a soft "Hello." to her before seating himself two seats away. "So how can I wash my clothes?" He then asked in a louder tone. This seemed to snap Cadence from her focus.

"Ah yes I could have a maid come to your room to gather and wash your dirty clothing." She Said as her food came in. Brent nodded and waved his hand to get the maid's attention after she dropped the plate she came over to him.

"Could you get me something to eat or lead me to the kitchen?" Brent asked her.

She nodded. "What do you want?"

"Well, honestly I want a cheeseburger but I highly doubt you have the means for that as you ponies don’t eat meat. So I’ll take a Caesar Salad."

She nodded and trotted back the way she came. While waiting Brent found himself about to snap when he noticed a small flickering flame between the tips of his fingers no heat came off it was purely a visual. He would experiment with this latter somewhere safe and private. For the time being he opened his fingers, and the flame was gone. He then checked that Cadence didn't see. Old secretive habits were kicking in after earlier.

After a few more minutes of idly reading the magic history book, the maid came back with his food. "Thank you very much." He said as she dropped it in front of him.

As he started eating he began thinking about what he read. So the general use of fire magic is widely seen as taboo amongst the ponies except with dragons. From the images I've seen of dragons I kind of have more in common with them physically than I do the ponies. Maybe I would get a pass?

Brent’s mind went quiet with that trying to just stop existing for the time being. Brent went into auto pilot he finished eating then went back to his room.

Next thing he realized he had locked his door and was sitting in front of his fireplace with his fingers at the ready. He waited for the flame to pop up then he snapped into the fireplace a flame appeared and was roaring but no heat came off it and the logs under it were untouched. He watched it for a few minutes when it just vanished.

"Must be that chaos magic they've been talking about. Wonder if it's just flames or its what I’m thinking of when I snap. The thing my mind always goes to when I snap is Bioshock's Incinerate. So may be stuck on flames till I manage to break that habit."

Brent continued to muse on this for about 15 minutes before a knock at his door snapped him out of it he unlocked and opened it to a maid she was levitating a basket by her. "Let me take that and give you my clothes." Brent said as he reached for the basket.

She moved it out his reach then walked in levitating any clothes she found strewn about into the basket.

"Could you leave me a basket and show me where you wash the clothes? So I can do it in the future?"

"I can leave you a basket but I can't show you where we wash them." The maid replied.

Well that's annoying. Brent thought as she walked out and closed the door.

Brent got the feeling, it was time to initiate his plan get a job then manage to move out of here. It’s nice here but at the same time it bothers him staying in another's home. Didn't fully understand what made him want to move out but whatever it was it was strong.