• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,219 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,219

Chap 12

"Hopefully I Can get some relaxing time now, without royals trying to see me as threatening, though Flurry most likely knows im back, with her magic sensitivity." Brent said as he sat on his couch not bothering with the lights and turned on his music. Up first was bb corps which if any of the alicorns besides Flurry heard would likely increase their concern about him.

He just relaxed for a few hours dozing off on the couch, flopping over. His energized feeling being countered by the exhaustion from letting his aggression out.

He noticed he felt exhausted a lot recently. "Should try to go to work tomorrow. Even if I can make anything appear feel like I should keep myself busy."


A little while later Brent woke up to knocking on his door "Please no guards or royals."

He opened his door and was tackled by Flurry onto the floor. "I was so worried when you disappeared." She squeezed herself around his midsection.

Brent snapped, and the door closed. "Sorry I just couldn't handle the situation anymore, knew if I stayed much longer I would have exploded on you all." While saying this his right hand had started stroking her back.

She was very soft and he could feel slight tremors under her skin as her muscles twitched at his touch. Just laid there like that for a few minutes as Flurry's grip slowly relaxed her wings had popped out and draped over him as if she was making sure he was safe and comfortable.

"I was so scared." She quietly sobbed.

This didn't really make sense he had dropped a letter, eh screw sense friends with the lord of chaos so what point is their to it. He stopped petting her and hugged her back.

"Look I understand your very relieved Flurry, but I would like to get up now.”

She flapped her wings lifting herself off of him and landing herself on his couch. Brent got up and sat on the couch as well. Then Flurry scooted herself closer to him.

He started petting her again, she hummed happily.

"So what ended up happening after I left?"

"For a while we kept looking for your magic but after a few hours Luna and Celestia left. And apparently Luna searched for your mind that night, I honestly don't know what's up with mom she was a wreck for a while after you left and I've been avoiding her since the dinner. So where have you been?"

"In the chaos dimension with Discord sorting my mind out. Trying to avoid the royals, went to another kingdom for a little bit. So not much."

Flurry leaned on Brent

"Well I'm glad you came back."

"I'm still torn on if im glad I did. Get to see and hang out with you, but run the risk of being invaded again. I'm pretty sure my mind would deal with Luna pretty well now that im aware of her intruding."

He continued petting Flurry unsure as to what he should do. "Well it's still plenty light out want to do something?" He said trying to rise but Flurry’s weight on his right side made it difficult. Couldn't exactly push her off either. "May have full control but its still rather weak."

"I'd like to stay here. " Flurry replied. At this Brent gave up on trying to stand.

"If we're staying I may as well put my music back on." Brent said as he reached for his phone with his left hand he began to sweat on his right side: heat and nerves induced.

Flurry at last fully sensed his unease and decided to take it back a few notches and pulled off Brent this surprised him and resulted in him slamming his head into the table. Dazing him for several seconds.

The world felt like it was spinning and his right arm was twitching from the sudden event, clearly proving that some effects of his brain damage on the limb remained. after fully regaining himself Brent sat back up then stood and stumbled while standing still.

His brain had clearly had enough for the day. Heck the week even. "I need to lay down." He said to Flurry stumbling his way to the hall Flurry flew over and placed herself under his arm trying to stabilize him.

She had never seen him like this before, so she was rather concerned.

Meanwhile Brent had realized he was mentally shutting down despite the relative earliness, pretty soon he would be saying stuff that made no sense that or straight up pass out.

They made it to his room and Flurry made sure he laid down gently. Brent quietly thanked her as he pushed himself close to the wall. Then closed his eyes feeling ready for sleep.

Flurry decided it would be best to stay nearby for the evening/night. She jumped up on his bed laid near him and draped her wing over him. Carefully listening to his breathing she eventually fell asleep herself as it turned into a smooth rhythm.


Brent was the first to awake not exactly remembering the last ten minutes of the previous day and he realized there was something soft over him that wasn't his blanket as well as a rhythmic noise. It was dark and he reached for his phone his hand instead colliding with something in front of him it was fluff Brent moved his hand upwards till it found Flurry's muzzle he drew his hand back at this realization. And just listened to her breath for a while before falling back asleep himself.


When he woke up again it was light out and Flurry was gone. He sat himself up on the edge of the bed wondering where she had gone off to. He got up and went down the hall to find her in the living room levitating a plate in front of herself as she ate. "Good your awake, figured I would let you sleep in."

"What the hell happened?" Brent asked.

"Well you hit your head and decided to lay down then fell asleep. I stuck around to make sure you were okay and fell asleep myself."

Brent nodded this made sense to him and walked into the kitchen to make himself something to eat feeling extra hungry, while he was doing this he realized the sorry state his fridge was in barely anything left in it, either Flurry could really eat or he had forgotten how little food was left. "Looks like i need to go shopping."

Flurry perked her ears up on hearing this paying attention. "Perhaps I could help some?" She asked a hint of hope in her tone.

She could hear Brents shrug in his voice. "Why not?"

"Because most the time I've known you, you have been rather steadfastly against help.” She replied.

Brent came out with the pathetic makings of an egg sandwich having no reply to Flurry he just sat on the couch near the left arm of it out of habit.

It was quiet as Brent ate.

"Well it's decided then market, then work." He said, then looked at Flurry. "Same goes for you." He booped her lightly while saying this.

Author's Note:

Bb: https://youtu.be/PvgqgMiIWak