• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,223 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,223

Starting

The ponies of the crystal empire were shocked as they saw a bipedal rather hairless being walking into their town with its right arm hanging limply on its bag it was wearing across its shoulder and it seemed to be dragging its right leg a bit and had dark green eyes that were both tired and focused it was hardly clothed and seemed to be shivering fairly hard. a few ponies went over to it in concern majority remained at bay simply watching it one had run off to get some guards of sorts.

When the guards arrived a pony had given the being a blanket to wrap itself in and it was hunched on the ground at about eye level trying to warm itself. It rose when it saw the guards approaching holding its functioning hand up in an effort to seem non threatening. The head guard looked him over then signaled him to follow he was led through the city towards what looked to be a large castle he silently observed his surroundings making many mental notes. and silently freaking out about the past hour.

The guard occasionally glanced back to make sure he was still following him, though the human was a bit slow with the dragging leg.

After a while they reached the castle and the human was escorted to a large office looking room where he sat and waited for his to be interrogator to arrive. And began to doze off the exhaustion from the odd day getting to him.

When he awoke, he found it was completely dark save for the desk lamp it was at that point he realized another being was in the room and he rapidly slipped his hand through all the pockets of his bag making sure all was there after that panic was settled he looked towards the desk seeing what looked like a pink unicorn sitting in the chair behind it a look of surprise / caution speared on his face.

"Hello." He said.

The unicorn seemed a bit surprised and looked up from the paperwork it had been doing and smiled briefly before getting off the chair it sat on. Was at this point he noticed the wings on its sides.

"Yes hello what is your name?" She spoke.

"You first." He said an edge of suspicion in his voice and he pulled the blanket a bit tighter around his neck.

The alicorn was taken by surprise at his reply then spoke. "I am Princess Cadenza Mi Amori or Cadence."

She sensed a slight surprise from this being but it was but a blip amongst the sea of anxiety and suspicion coming off him.

"My name is Brent." He replied, seeming to relax a tad.

But while the suspicion faded mostly the anxiety remained strong.

"Why is royalty interacting with me a simple being?" Brent asked.

"Well we've never seen anything like you before and why was your leg dragging and arm immobile don't see any injuries?"

Brent tapped the side of his head. "It's all up here."

After a while of some more questioning from both of them Brent was escorted to a guest room as Cadence sensed no Ill will from him.

When he got in the room, he noticed a lit fireplace and pulled a solar cell battery from his bag and placed it where it would get light from the fire to kind of charge and went over to the seemingly large for the ponies bed. And got comfortable and quickly drifted off to sleep.

The next day when Brent went to exit his room he was greeted by a guard.

"I am to escort you to the dining hall.” The guard said, indicating the way.

Brent double checked he had everything in his satchel before following.

Battery check, phone check, headphones check.

He then followed the light grey guard to a rather large room with a long table in the middle there was a bit of a variety of foods on trays towards the head of the table and low and behold a pink alicorn sitting there.

brent hesitantly went towards the head of the table, still rather nervous in the new world.
He sat about 4 chairs away from cadence trying to get some food.

"You know I could help you." Cadence said. brent simply froze at this and a blip of shame appeared amongst his anxiety.

He sighed. "Could I have a hand er hoof."

Cadence slightly smiled and her horn lit up as she lifted different articles of food to his plate based on his reaction of head shakes.

Not too much of a talker it seems. Cadence thought.

Right after that thought she heard a faint "danke" from brent. He began to eat quietly, not making any conversation for a while.

"So do you guys have a library around here? Would be good to learn a bit about where I am." brent spoke.

Cadence was quiet for a moment, surprised by the sudden sound. "Why yes we do, I could have a guard escort you after you finish eating."

brent went back to quietly eating and a few moments later, the doors to the room opened with a slightly winded Shining Armor and a young adult Flurry Heart not far behind him.

"We returned as quickly as we could when we heard about the alien." He semi yelled before noticing brent and just stared for a moment. Flurry did the same when she came in Cadence simply smiled at them.

"Nothing to worry about dear." She said, That put Shining at ease but not Flurry. While she couldn't sense as much as her mother she could feel the negative energy coming off brent.

"Well I’m done eating, could you call that guard." brent said breaking the silence, and he looked at Flurry who was still staring him down. He stared back. A battle of wills commenced.

"Yes I will and Flurry please stop staring at him."

Flurry broke eye contact. "Yes mother and where is he being taken? If I may ask."

Cadence called up the guard that had brought brent here. "He's going to the library. He wants to learn about where he is." Cadence replied to her daughter.

Flurry nodded and once brent had left the room, she spoke as she took a seat. "Under his sea of fear I can sense a strong will and a slight amount of chaos magic. Find that interesting as most that have strong wills don't have that much negativity do you feel it too mom."

Cadence replied in slight shock at her daughter's perceptiveness. "No all I've sensed is his anxiety and as you said a small amount of chaos magic."

The two continued to muse Shining found himself lost in their conversation.

Author's Note:

A mild self insert of a story as i have the disabilities