• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 1,222 Views, 15 Comments

Shivering entrance - Hkh4



an odd tall being appears on the outskirts of the crystal empire

  • ...
15
 15
 1,222

Chap 10

That night Brents right arm thrashed about for a while before smoothing out the movements and eventually stopping, he had no notable dreams that night.

Brent woke up to the smell of cooking food and a sore right arm and neck. He sat up got slightly dizzy waited till it faded and went towards the kitchen.

When he went in Octavia noticed him first. "We figured we would give you the most energy boosting meals we could find so that your good for your trip back." She said cheerily.

Brent acknowledged this with a slight smile and a "thank you." then went to sit on the couch and try to clean up his bedding he grabbed the blanket with both hands and folded it up, then set it aside it was after that he realized he used his right hand then shouted. "Holy shit!!" As he wiggled his fingers to confirm their function.

The two ponies hurriedly came into the room asking what was wrong, Brent just raised his right arm and waved it at them. "Nothings wrong everything's perfect as can be." He said with a grin. Internally questioning how.

Shortly after that he was told food was ready. He went in to eat, forcing himself to use his right hand over his left, it was weak and uncoordinated after years of no use but it felt good. Atrophy is interesting my muscles general tightness minimized its effect but still, have to build it back up. Brent thought to himself as he ate.

While he wasn't on autopilot, this time he still chose to be mostly quiet. After eating he used their bathroom to change, then left with his speaker thanking the pair.

"Feel free to come back when your more awake!" Vinyl called.

Brent just waved back at them without turning around. He thought about how this was possible as he walked. "Not ambient magic its too weak. No one cast a spell on me I'm pretty sure. Leaves one thing must be the chaos magic." he accidentally snapped at this making a whirlwind start to appear before it abruptly disappeared.

After that Brent got on his train no problems arising. He continued to think to himself about the occurrence. Before he was tapped on the shoulder by something sharp, Brent looked over.
It was a hodgepodge of a creature.
"May I speak to you?" It asked.

Brent just nodded then it sat in the seat next to him and snapped. Everything seemed to stop.

"So you've finally started putting it together the chaos magic has been helping you out the whole time you see, the ambient can't touch either of us. Your book smart but a little too stuck on logic to use the magic you have properly." Brent opened his mouth to ask a question but Discord shushed him. "Before you ask no its not healing your brain, it's just helping rewire your nerve paths, some things not even our magic can do. Oh and I've made sure you've grown those arteries you were missing dont want you just up and dying on us.”

"How the hell did you know that?" Brent angrily asked.

"Well Luna had told Celestia and I, one of the things she learned while in your mind, well she didn't really tell me i was just listening in. I've been keeping an eye on you and things related to you since you first started to gain control of the magic you have."

A few things clicked in Brents mind. Why he had been feeling like he's been watched, the unexpected repair, the figure he saw when going to the train station. The headaches. The letter.

"I do have to apologizeIi intended on showing myself to you earlier, gave you that rather large scare and all, but in my defence I've spent the last 24 hours using my own presence to keep Twilight from sensing you. Alicorns especially are good at sniffing out chaos magic. Well we appear to be nearing your home."

"What how? Only been a few minutes." Brent asked rather confused.

"Well you see while things have appeared still to you, we've actually been flying through the chaos dimension. Oh and one last word of advice. Stop trying to be so logical you'll never get full control of the magic otherwise, also apply that advice to your potential relationships."

Brent was about to reply when they popped into his living room, he thudded to the ground while Discord smoothly landed. Discord snapped at the area beside the chairs and a couch with an erratic color scheme appeared.

"You're welcome, farewell for now, you know or will know how to find me should you need something." Discord waved as he walked into a portal that Brent assumed went to the chaos dimension.

He just laid there for a few minutes processing everything he just learned, then finally rolled onto his back and sat up. "Looks like i'll have to start going against my own nature if i want to succeed here. What did he mean by applied it to relationships?" He began thinking and trying to loosen up his mind so he could attempt to make something more than an illusion he had coffee table in his mind, then he snapped and a coffee table about half the length of the couch appeared, he tapped it with his foot it was solid.

"Now does this create new matter or take it from somewhere else, most likely creates it considering how this stuff has worked. Even though there should be a massive explosion of energy because of it, I'll take Discord's advice on it."

"Now for the big ticket." he snapped and the battery from some days ago appeared, for a brief moment then fizzled out, "Ah come on." Brent said with a bit of anger. "Well can't complain too much got you back after all." He said while pointing at his right arm. "May be able to actually make a more complex dish now not that I've the energy."

He glimpsed at his phone, 11:20. So it's late morning, early afternoon. But it feels like it's been a full day already. "No more surprises please, whatever god is listening. Not even good ones."

After a few quiet minutes, knocking came at his door. "Just had to tempt fate didn't you." He said to himself as he walked to the door and opened it to a guard with a letter.

"Message from the princess." He said as he levitated it into Brent's hand. His right hand tried to swat it away, but the left grabbed it before it could.

"Thank you sir." Brent replied as he closed his door. "Look you, I'm glad your back but can't have you doing shit like that." He sternly said to his right hand, it seemed to be subconsciously controlled when he wasn't paying attention to it.

He then sat on the new couch pulled open the letter and started reading. "Brent we invite you to join us for dinner tonight, would like to discuss something with you, Cadence." Brent tossed the letter on the table sighing

"Best rest myself for tonight." He stood and headed to his room to lie down and, while not intending to he fell asleep. He awoke to a thudding on his door. "So many ponies have been knocking I'll have a dent pretty soon." He grumbled to himself as he got up.

"Who the hell is it?" He said with a raised voice as he approached the door.

"We're here to transport you to the castle for dinner." A feminine voice replied through the door. Brent found himself sighing again.

"Oh yeah that. Was hoping to be alone for the night.”

"But sir there's several princesses here, all are expecting you." The guard replied.

"Damn so basically even if I don't come with you I'll end up there." Brent replied as he put his shoes on. Then walked out the door, ignoring the guard and heading straight to the carriage. "Wish I could get there without the ride."

Suddenly the memory of Sunburst teleporting occurred in his mind. He snapped attempting to mimic it and suddenly flopped in front of the castle. "Well that worked, to my absolute surprise." He then went up to the entrance, and a guard pulled it open for him. Brent walked in while dusting himself off along with a few flakes of snow.

He was immediately taken to the dinning hall where 4 alicorns and Shining were sitting at the table in wait.

Two Brent was familiar with while the other two were foreign to him and he assumed they were Luna and Celestia.

"Why are so many powerful beings here just because of me?" Brent immediately asked.

"Well there are several things about you that are alarming to our country's security." Celestia replied.

"A few examples being: the ridiculous amount of weapon concepts in your mind, second the amount of chaos magic you hold and your lack of full control over it comboed with your naturally violent mind." Luna continued.

Brent couldn't deny any of this. "Yes my mind is more geared toward violent application of my abilities. But I have no intent on letting that happen even back home I tried to use it for more peaceful creations despite my mind constantly coming up with new ways to harm and kill." He said trying to defend himself. So I guess things never change, I have been fighting my own nature for a long time. He thought after speaking.

"Well I continue to sense no ill will from him Auntie." Cadence said to Celestia. "And clearly neither does Flurry."


"While that may be true, we still need to keep a very close eye on him." Celestia replied getting a sensation similar to Discord from Brent. She tracked Brents movements watching for a snap.

He could sense the sister's unease towards him despite being bad with emotion. So he chose to sit quietly unless spoken to.

Shining decided to speak up. "Speaking of my daughter, she seems to have taken an interest in you. I'm warning you if you harm her I don't care how much chaos magic you got I'll hunt you down."

Brent just nodded in reply to this feeling overwhelmed by the day.

Author's Note:

The issue with my writting is that while i have ideas i often end up not quite making those ideas. And ive started causing my arm to hurt just cant stop writing.