• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,995 Views, 90 Comments

falling for scratch - technicscratch



A Romance fic starring David (human) and vinyl scratch

  • ...
18
 90
 4,995

vengance for a breaking heart

Chapter 4

"I wont say who but there was somepony, well, A HUMAN, and he was playing the guitar last night." Said a bratty young mare.

"Ya right. No way the human from Ponyville is here"

"No, no, I SWEAR!! he was so dreamy"

I bit my tongue, knowing that if news got around to Scratch, which I knew it would, I would be ruined. Not only would I have to make up a good excuse why I lied to her, but I would also have to play her the song.

"Well, until you show us your "dreamy human", we believe that your just trying to pull off another one of your crazy stories!"

I was always one for making grand entrances. "Uhh, hi ladies." I said nervously

Everypony's mouth dropped to the ground, and the expression on the one that had told the others was a mixture of, "see I told you so", and "Did you hear everything I said?"

"Ummmm, how long were you listening to me?"

I shut the door as I entered the cabin. "Long enough to know you see me as "dreamy"" I said in a sly voice.

All the pony could mutter was a nervous laugh as her face went bright red, as I sat next to the blue Pegasus. I was nearly knocked back by a potent smell of flowery perfumes.

"Listen." I began "I need all of you to not say a word about me playing guitar. Ok?"

"Why?" the blue Pegasus asked "You have a beautiful voice, and, your really quite talented with that guitar, and" She sped up.

I put a finger to her lips, "Please, just, don't"

She blinked twice at me.

"One condition" She suddenly said, her face brightening "You have to stay here with me and my friends, and introduce yourself."

I looked over to her friends, who still had their mouths open wide in disbelief.

"*sigh" "Alright" I gave in.

I needed something to kill time, and meeting Sky Rose, and her friends, certainly did just that, and I have to admit, being around a bunch of mares that look at you like a celebrity is kinda fun.

~---~

"And that is pretty much my whole story." I finished "I wont bother going into details about what earth is like, that would take forever, but at least now you know me."

"Wow your so cool" Sky Rose said

"Well, on earth I'm not necessarily "cool" but I'm glad you think so Sky" I gave her a smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go visit with my friend"

"will we see you?" Sky asked

"You may." I said giving a smile, and thinking about there expressions if they were to see me at the concert.

~---~

I think I'm starting to build up some courage. After I had spent time with sky and CO, I went back to Scratch, and I complemented how nice her mane looked. It sounded stupid after it came out, but she laughed, smiled, and gave me a small punch with a thanks attached. I only had to be on this train one more night. Maybe I will actually get some sleep tonight. *yawn* that sounds, quite, nice, actually.

~---~

*whistle* "Everypony up! Next stop, Manehatten!"

"nggg" I muttered still half asleep.

"Come on David get u-....." Scratch started to say, but started giggling half way through.

"W-what? Whats wrong?"

Scratch burst out laughing, and I rushed into the bathroom and examined myself.

"*sigh* Really Scratch?" I said, unamused

"heh- no,no, its amazing, really, cool." She said struggling not to laugh.

"my hair get's like this when I get have a rough night, ok?"

"NO, really, your hair is fine"

"Whatever scratch" I gave up, grabbing a comb out of my bag. "So, what exactly are we doing when we get to Manehatten?" I asked

"Well, for the first bit I suppose we can just meander around, and shop. That sound alright?"

I didn't want to disagree, but the whole shopping thing sounded boring.

"Lighten up" She suddenly said "I'm just joking, however Manehatten apparently has a beautiful forest."

"Sounds nice."

"Very, and once we get our bags to the hotel we can explore."

I liked that idea.

~---~

Let me tell you, Manehatten is really cool! I don't even fully know why, I guess it may be because it's like the new york of Equestria, and the streets are packed with hundreds or bright pony's.

"How are we going to find our hotel Scratch?" I asked, curiously

"Well, If you stick close to me, we should have zero problems."

I was leery, at first. Afraid that I would loose Scratch, in the sea of bright pony's, but, then again, what other choice did I have? We took our first steps, and after a little while finally got into the speed of the crowd. After that it was smooth, er, uh, "walking".

We reached our hotel, the lobby was dim, and smelt musty, and I was worried that our room would be the same. I don't think I could stand my allergies if it were. Luckily, however, our apartment was not the same, and, for the second time, I felt as though, I was on some sort of fancy business trip. The room it self was brightly lit with a huge window on the front wall, that over looked all of Manehatten. There was chandeliers, and weird fancy furniture, and, well, everything you would think to be in the penthouse.

"Whats with all this special treatment?"

"It's all covered by my agents, don't worry"

I shrugged and checked out the rooms, and to my surprise there was four, each with a different color and style.

"Hey, which room do you want?" I asked Scratch

"I don't mind, go ahead and pick first"

I didn't feel like being stubborn with her, so I picked the blue room. It was spectacular! For starter's the bed looked as though it could fit 3 of me (Which was a nice change to having my feet hanging over the edge, all the time), I had my own heat controls and lighting controls, and, best of all, a "quiet room" with sound proof walls and one way windows (you know, the ones only you can see through).

"I can actually practice her song." I thought to myself

~---~

"Hey David are you ready to go?" Scratch asked, adjusting her shades on her face

"Ya, sure" I said joyfully. I was happy now that I had a proper bed to sleep in for once, and had gotten a nice nap.

We called the elevator, and walked in. Something was wrong. Scratch was looking down and grinding her small white hoof into the ground lightly.

"What's the matter, Scratch?" I asked in a concerned voice.

"I-" She stuttered "I-", "You- back on the train." She started, now looking at me. "Do you-" I could feel the expression coming from behind her glasses. "I think I-"

*Ding!* the elevator doors opened and 4 young colts jumped in with an annoyed looking mother following behind.

Scratch had regained her posture now, standing tall, a small smile on her face.

"What was she going to tell me?" I thought, "Does she-" "No, no way" I tried my best to just forget about, after all, no use getting my hopes up.

Yet.

~---~

The walk to "Manehatten park" was a much more peaceful one. It was later in the day, and the streets were now alot less "Occupied", leaving just me, Scratch, and some other pony's, in the streets.

"This place is beautiful" I said, looking around

I got no answer.

"Scratch?" I said now looking down at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry David. I'm not really myself right now, please forgive me."

"No need to ask for forgiveness, do you want to talk with me?"

"L-lets just get to the park"

I had done something wrong, had I, maybe? What did I do? Am I creeping her out? Oh no, Maybe I'm talking to much? Not enough? Ughh!

We kept walking until we hit the gate of the "park"

"This is a park?" I asked, eying up the huge tree's in the distance"

"Ya, come on"

I'm really worried about her right now.

We walked for a little down the trail until we hit a dead end with a small park bench.

"Well lets go back" She said, in a gloomy voice

I was about to agree when, something suddenly stopped me.

"no." I said plainly

"W-what?" Scratch said, almost in a scared voice

"follow me" I said hopping the fence with the "NO ENTRY" sign on it.

"I don't know"

I thought of Flutter Shy, I didn't want anything to happen. I guess I should just go back.

WAIT NO! Scratch, is not Flutter Shy! She is the coolest, most awesome pony in all of Equestria!

"Scratch, please. Trust me"

She looked up at me, almost like she was seeing some one she had never known.

"o-ok" She muttered

I helped her over the fence and walked in a linear path so we could find our way back.

"This isn't so different from the Everfree forest" Scratch said

"Yes, except there are no Manticores trying to kill us." I said in a joking manner, taking the moment to look around.

We kept walking through the dense forest. No sound accept the occasional bird chirping. I looked to my left and saw a beautiful tree. It was strange something drew me towards that tree. Maybe it reminded me of Twi.

"Why don't we sit down for a bit" I said, walking over to the tree. "here" I pointed to a more then comfortable spot in front of it.

Scratch went over and made herself comfortable.

"Now I-"Listen I-" " We both started at the same time.

"You first" Scratch said

I got down, on my knee's so I was level with her.

"Scratch, ever since, I first met you" I started, but then suddenly heard rustling above. I looked up.

"What? What do you mean? Scratch asked

"I want to, no, need to tell you" Again rustling in the leaves above, and I felt that same "Being watched" feeling as I did when I was walking home from Scratch's house that one night. "I need to tell you" I took a deep breath "If you need anypony to talk to, anypony at all, I'm always here" I felt my heart fall, and start aching.

Who is this disturbance that is keeping me! WHO!

"I am not your only admirer, in the sky, lies a mare also, looking for love. She is watching" The words echoed in my head.

I feel pity on the one who is doing this, for when I find out, I swear on Celestia's name, I will make you sorry.