• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,994 Views, 90 Comments

falling for scratch - technicscratch



A Romance fic starring David (human) and vinyl scratch

  • ...
18
 90
 4,994

first sight

Falling For Scratch

Disclaimer: I do not own my little pony friendship is magic or any of the pony's. they are the property of Hasbro


I had only been in Ponyville for about 2 months now, and I loved every second of being here!
No more worrying about wars. No more worrying about being bullied. No more unneeded stress. I was happy. However, this happiness would never compare to that of which I would feel when Viny..... I mean "Scratch" came into my life.




It had been a warm nice day in Ponyville and I was lounging around Twilight's library. We had recently been discussing the differences between weather, here in Ponyville, and on Earth. I had been trying to explain scientific formulas and theory's for how clouds are made, and how they move on there own. Twilight simply would shoot me down and prove (at least in her mind) that it was impossible without the help of the pegasus. I didn't care if she thought she was right, because deep down, I was happy. In fact, I have never been more happy in my entire life.

"Hey uhhhh David?" Twilight called out to me.

"Yes Twi?" I answered.

"Well I was just thinking." She paused "I know you want to become acquainted with everypony, and I think there may be one you could get along with quite easily."

"Who would that be Twilight?" I questioned in a lazy voice.

"Well she has some weird stage name but her REAL name is Vinyl Scratch. She's a musician pony."

"Ooooh a stage pony" I said mockingly. Twilight ignored my comment.

"Well, I figured that you enjoy music, so, do you want to meet her?"

"Sure.. Uh when do you want to go?" I asked.

"I was thinking like, right now." Twilight giggled.

I sighed, grabbed my bottle of water and headed out the door behind the purple unicorn.

~---~

"Ugghh!! Twilight! are we almost there?" I complained.

"Almost mister impatient." Twi mocked. "Here we are."

I looked up, and "wow" was the only thing that came to mind. In front of me stood not a house but what looked more like a studio. It had to be the largest "house" I had seen to date." Just one pony lives here?" I questioned.

"Yep." Twi said. She knocked on the door, and within a few seconds the door swung open.

"YO! Twilight. Long time no see, what brings you here?" Scratch said.

"Well I don't know if you have heard about "The human in Equestria" but....." Twilight started.

"Ya I totally knew, isn't it the most rad thing you have EVER heard?".

Twilight remained silent for a moment. Then she simply said "Scratch. Meet my friend David."

I stepped into view. "Hi Vinyl nice to mee-......." I looked at her. She was, was, Perfect. She wore her mane perfectly, a sort of jagged messy style with 2 shades of blue, my favourite colour, and in combination with those shades, WOW! I snapped back into reality. "Sorry I kind of, spaced out there." I said covering up my awkward stare.

"Naw its fine bro, I get that all the time when I'm recording. Why don't you guys come in?" She turned and trotted in.

There was something about her. The way she moved had such attitude, and, grace. The way she talked, and how she looked. Everything! I suddenly felt, strange, I had never felt this way before. It was a very "warm" feeling, and It made me content in every sense of the word.

~---~

I entered scratch's studio, and realised just how amazing it really was inside. I couldn't actually explain why, But when I walked in I just got that "chill" kinda feeling. Like when you go to hang with an old friend. Or like playing guitar at night when nobody else is around.

"wow this place is so chill." I gushed.

Scratch suddenly stopped. "No way! I always thought of it the same way!" Scratch exclaimed, surprised.

I was led to a "living room" area with a chair and a couch. Twilight sat herself down on the chair while I inhabited half of the couch.

"You guys make yourself at home, I'm gonna go fetch us some drinks. Does "Dandelion Wine" sound alright?"

I involuntarily looked at Twilight. For reasons I hate to remember, Twi has been watching my uhhh, "Drinking". You see, when I first arrived in Ponyville, the worst part for me was the drinks. There was water of course, but most juices and stuff had a "grass like flavour", and were very hard to keep down. However at my first "Pinkiepie" party, I tried some dandelion wine. At first the liquid tasted bitter and burned my throat. The strange part was, after I put it down, my palate seemed to beg for more. I decided to take another swig and this time it was much better. The more I drank the better it was, and, long story short, I got a LITTLE carried away, and ever since that day Twi has been keeping a close eye on me when it comes to wine.

I looked at Twi involuntarily. She nodded. "Yes Scratch that would be lovely."

I too was now smiling. Moments passed, and finally scratch came back with the bottle. "Sorry about the wait, couldn't find it." she apologized, pouring me and Twi a glass. Scratch then proceeded and plunked herself down next to me on the couch. She turned to look at me. "So David, how are you enjoying Ponyville?".

"It just keeps getting better and better." I said in a light voice. I then realized what I had just said. "OH! I mean uhh, I keep meeting new ponies and I keep making new friends! Ya.. that's always good!" I said frantically.

Scratch looked at me, and even though I couldn't see her eyes, I knew she was looking at me strange.
"Well then.. Your new so why don't I show you around?" Scratch asked, changing the subject.

"I think I will stay here and enjoy my wine." Twi said drowsily. I chuckled, wine really gets to her.

Scratch showed me around the studio, I was interested with what one pony could do with all this space, and to my surprise most rooms were actually filled with uses.

"And finally this is were I rehearse and record." Scratch said proudly.

I peeked my head in."wow.". I admired the big DJ station with all its dials, and records. Then something in the corner caught my eye. "Is that a bass?" I asked.

"Ya, it sure is. Most pony's cant play the bass, and I certainly cant, so I use it as more of... a decoration.".

"Cool. Mind if I try it out?" I asked.

"Sure, do you play?" Scratch asked in wonder.

"A little" I explained plainly before downing the rest of my wine and walking over to the bass, and, give it a strum, let out a small humm

"Wow this is a pretty great sounding bass!". I strummed out a little beat I had made back on earth.

Huh, until now earth never really came into my mind. Anyways I hadn't even noticed that Scratch had jumped up onto her station, and before I knew it she was conjuring up a beat to my bass.

I stopped, and Scratch looked at me "Why did you stop? Keep going, I dig your beat!".

I started again. This time knowing she would be coming in, and before I knew it we were having our own little jam session. Scratch was really into it, putting movements into every beat and drop. At one point I caught myself starring again, at this beautiful white unicorn, that was smiling and rocking out with me. It was then I had no doubt in my mind. It was love.