• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,995 Views, 90 Comments

falling for scratch - technicscratch



A Romance fic starring David (human) and vinyl scratch

  • ...
18
 90
 4,995

The trip

Chapter 2

"Wow, you can really stretch a beat on that bass!" Scratch complimented

My face went a little red. "Aww thanks, Scratch, your were amazing with those drops."

"Maybe we could jam another time. Today was fun." Scratch said coolly. "I'm not doing anything tomorrow."

"Sure, how about tomorrow evening" I said.

Before Scratch could reply I looked up at the clock.

"Oh crap! We've been playing for nearly 40 minuets!" I said rushing out the door towards the living room.

"Please don't be mad, Twi, PLEASE!"

When I reached the living room I saw Twilight curled up on the chair, sleeping soundly. I also noticed the bottle of wine was a little bit more empty now.

I sighed. "Well Scratch, thanks for having us over." I started "But I think I should get Twilight home."

"No its cool. So are we still good for tomorrow evening?"

"Ya, looking forward to it" I said, struggling to pick up the sleeping unicorn.

Now although Twilight was just a little pony, those "Little pony's" are quite heavy, and I struggled to get her out the door. Scratch closed the door and I placed Twi down. "Wake up!" I demanded, splashing a little water on her face.

"W-what?" Twi mumbled. "Where are we?"

"You fell asleep." I explained "Too much wine I recon."

"Oh no! how rude of me." Twilight lowered her head in shame.

"No, no." I comforted her. "We were playing music half the time anyways".

"Oh, OK, I think we should get back to the library, It seems to be pretty late."

I simply nodded and started walking back. I was quiet on the way back, and on several occasions Twi asked me if I was "OK". I kept telling her I was just tired, but this of course was a lie. I was too busy thinking about Scratch.

When we got back to the library I told Twilight that I just wanted to get some sleep, and after a few questions why, she gave up and dismissed me.

Now, you may have noticed that I treat Twi a little bit like she's A parent, or guardian. I only treat her this way seeing as how she lent me a living space in her house with no charge, and she takes care of me. It was very kind of her, and, I don't know where I would be without her.......... Anyway, I headed off to my bedroom, shut the door, opened the window, and snuggled into my blanket. My heart was warm with thoughts of Scratch. I thought for a second, and the possibility that I was getting too ahead of myself popped into my mind. I pushed the thought out of my mind. Tomorrow i will give here a hint at my feelings. Tomorrow.

~---~

"That David character is a bit strange" Scratch said using her magic to move blanket to one side of her bed. "Well who am I to judge a guy's behavior when I don't even know anything about his species. Maybe all humans act that way." Scratch crawled into her bed, shifting around to get to an optimal sleeping position. "I guess I can ask him about it tomorrow." Scratch let out a yawn, then drifted into her dreams.

~--~

"Wake up, sleepyhead. Wake uuuup."

"Errr, *yawn*. why are you waking me up so early David?" Twilight wondered.

"Well I figured we could get an early start on the day!" I explained, happy as could be

"Since when do you "Wana get a early start on the day?"

I thought for a second,"Well you know I couldn't really sleep, (which was a lie) so I figured I would wake you up so we could get started.

"Fine.." Twilight said, defeated. "I was planning on going to the market today, but they wont open for at least another hour."

"Oh" I said sadly, "Well sorry for waking you. Guess I'll just let you wake me up when your ready to go then...."

Twilight didn't answer but instead covered her head with her blanket. I went back to my room and just sat on my bed wondering what Scratch had planned for us this evening.

What seemed like Milena's passed, but finally Twi came into my room.

"Time to wa-.. oh, your already up?" Twi said confused.

"Ya, like I said, cant sleep."

Twilight told me that she was going to the market to look for some old scroll, or something. I honestly didn't care right now, and was more interested in the novelty things some pony's were selling. I saw all sorts of stuff, but I didn't bother buying anything. Twilight found me and told me she was all done, and asked if I wanted to do anything while they were out.
At first I was going to say no, but I decided it might kill some time faster, if I were with Pinkie and her, well, "Pinkieness", and decided to set out for her.

~---~

When I did eventually get to Sugarcube corner, I noticed a sign, that had something DJ PON-3 on it, but I didn't bother reading it. I went in and saw MR.Cake Moving some things around.

"Renovating, a little MR.Cake?" I asked

"No- *huff* didn't you hear *puff* the news David?" He said struggling to find his breath

"No, what news."

"Well, we rented the place out for this Thursday." He paused. "There's some music festival going on here, and DJ PON-3, is playing."

"OH! I didn't know that." I said watching MR.C struggling with some crates. "Say, do you need any help?"

"NO! *huff* Its fine. I can manage. If you looking for, *whew*. if your looking for Pinkie, she went out looking for Rainbow Dash." He said, once again struggling to find his breath

"Oh, Ok, thanks." I was just about ready to head out the door when I remembered. "Oh, and say hi to Pound Cake, and Pumpkin Cake for me.". I went out the door

I almost didn't want to find Pinkie now, seeing as she would be with RD, and RD isn't to fond of me. I don't know why, she just gives me the cold shoulder. She will warm up to me, eventually. I know her.

~---~

"Well that was a quick trip." Twi said, levitating a book in front of her. "Get tired of Pinkie already?

"no, I couldn't find Pinkie" I said disappointed

"Well you can help me out, if you want."

"Sure, uh, how?" I questioned

"Well I have been reading this book I found on human's, and this part talks about some mental sickness's. I was wondering if you could tell me what you know."

I sighed loudly. At least now I had something to keep me occupied, and for the next 2 hours we discussed human mental illness. The one we talked about the most was schizophrenia, or, multiple personality disorder. She was strangely interested about it.

After, Twi had asked Spike if he would make us some dinner, he kindly said yes, and went to work. He had made me a surprisingly delicious sandwich. In fact it may have even been the best meal I have had in Ponyville so far. I even gave the little guy a few bits as a "tip". He enjoyed that.

~---~

An hour passed, and eventually I decided to head to Scratch's studio. I didn't say much, just a simple, "Bye spike, tell Twi I went to Scratch's!" and then I headed out the door.

It was strange. Walking to scratch's house. This time didn't seem to take NEARLY as long. I knocked on her door.

"Hey David, good to see you made it.!" She said happily.

"Ya good to see you too Scratch." I paused, as she led me into her studio. "Hey Scratch?"

"Yo?"

"Do you have some sort of performance, Thursday at Sugarcube corner?"

She looked at me for a few seconds. "Man! I cant hide nothing from you!" She exclaimed. "I was supposed to do a showing at Sugarcube corner."

"Supposed to?" I questioned

"Well, ya. I was supposed to, I was even going to invite you to be a VIP, and even be backstage, However I received a new offer I just couldn't refuse." She looked up a little. "I was asked to play at the Techno Pony club in Manehatten!"

"Wow, good for you Scratch!" I then lowered my head in realization. "I guess that means I'm not going with you..."

"NO! of coarse your coming with me!" She used her front hoof to raise my head. "I figured since I already had your VIP pass made up, I thought maybe you would like to come to Manehatten with ME!" She paused for a second. "This way, we can get to know each other a little better." I was about to speak, but she cut me off. "You seemed a little "jittery" around me yesterday. I figured you were nervous. Meeting me for the first time and such."

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! How could I just rush into this so quickly? Saying I loved, somepony I didn't even know! Well at least this way we can still be friends. hmm. "That way we can get to know each other a little better" The words repeated in my head.

Who says friendships can't turn into something more over time?

"I would love to accompany you in Manehatten"