• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,995 Views, 90 Comments

falling for scratch - technicscratch



A Romance fic starring David (human) and vinyl scratch

  • ...
18
 90
 4,995

She Loves Me?

Chapter 5

"Uhmmm" Scratch said worryingly "Are you ok David? You kinda already said that, and I know you’re there for me." She looked down, "Is everything alright?"

I suddenly snapped out of my anger induced trance, and I felt as though I was being put under the spotlight.

What was I to say? Scratch, I love you? The moment had been destroyed minutes ago.

"It’s just that I worry about you," I said slowly removing her shades "I worry so, so much." Her eyes, were huge, and watery, and the one thing I didn't want to see, was her cry. I took a hand and ran my fingers through her silky mane. She closed her eyes, and I had mimicked.
I wrapped my arms around her, and held her in a tight embrace, still enjoying the feel of her mane. Scratch rested her head on my shoulder.

"Please David, don't worry so much."

The feeling of her warm breath and tears sunk into to me, and warmed my vengeful heart.
The urge to just say those 3 beautiful words was almost unbearable, as I sat there, comforting her.

~---~

We sat there for quite some time, and I suppose that's the reason it annoys me that I still hadn't gotten a clue why she was so upset in the first place.

"Hey, I have to go meet with an agent about the concert later tonight." She said, adjusting her shades "Is everything going to be cool?"

"Ya, that's fine, probably just play some guitar, and have a nap or something."

Scratch flashed me a light smile and headed through the metal door's of the elevator. *Ding!*

I went into my room, paced around for a bit, then headed into the "quiet room".
It was a nice room, painted a peaceful blue, absolute silence, and just the right temperature. I let out a few chords, and hummed.

"Who is constantly interrupting me?" I wondered out loud "Am I just going crazy?" The thought, hit me..... "No, I could actually ‘Feel’ that somepony was watching me, I know it.”

I wandered around in my thought's for a little, and then decided it would be a good idea to get some chow, after all, the only thing I have eaten since we got here was a light salad. I chuckled to myself, and then noticed something.

Scratch's door was open. Now, before you go and get the wrong idea, I was not peeping on her! I just noticed it because, she always closes her door. HAY! She lock's it half the time! I had peeked into the lowly lit room.

Pretty standard, just a normal room for Scratch's standards, except for the book that was laying on her bed.

Scratch never seemed like the type of pony that would read anything else but music, yet, here was this book.

"Was this her diary? Oh, no! I would never, EVER, snoop around in her personal belongings, but..... What if the answer to why she was so depressed was in there?" "I need to know!" I crept into the room.
"This is so not right!"

I flipped open the book, and the first couple of page's were just a couple of music note's and random song's. Page 4 was were the "Diary" began. I tried my best not to look at what she wrote, and instead flipped to yesterday's date.

Dear Diary

I don't know anymore. I overheard David in his sleep, and at first I felt terrible, but, well, "Love".... "Mare in the sky". Obviously he found his special somepony. I want to be happy for him, but I can't. I need to get out.

Vinyl Scratch

Those few words, that entry, it gave me hope, no, it filled me with energy!

"S-she loves me?!" I laughed, then it really sunk into me, "She loves me."

~---~

"Today is the day!" Scratch said triumphantly.

"It sure is."

"You excited?"

"You would not believe." I said grinning "You nervous?"

"A little, but I got a good friend with me."

"I'm sure you'll have everypony jumping."

Scratch smiled, "Thanks David."

We headed into the familiar, boring elevator again, and through the lobby doors.

The streets we different, the sun was beginning to go down, but the streets were packed with hyper ponies, of all colors, and, off in the distance, I could see the end of a "mile long" line coming out of the club.

It was quite the walk, and it didn't help that every 30 steps or so a crazy fanboy or fangirl would come screaming up to Scratch, and start asking her a thousand questions, but finally, after surfing through the sea of ponies, we reached it.

"The T.P.C." Scratch said looking up at the large building.

A tough-looking pony stood guard at the door, and I had some problems with him. After Scratch had entered he stuck a hoof out in front of me.

"Heh, uh excuse me, creature, I'm going to have to see if your on the list" He said smugly.
Now he may have been the equivalent of a bouncer back on Earth, but to me he was still just a short little pony.

"I'm with Miss Scratch!" I said puffing out my chest and pushing ‘Mr. Tough Pony’ out of the way.

Man, you should have seen the look on his face and everypony around him when I did that! It was priceless. I chuckled to myself as I walked down the hallways of the T.P.C, eventually reaching the backstage area.

Scratch came over to me. "I need to go on stage now," She said "Wish me luck!"

I hoof (or fist...) bumped her, and she went on stage. I could hear the roaring crowd, the hundreds of ponies shouting and stomping there hoof's. It was amazing. Then the crowd died down, and I peeked my head around the corner, and saw Scratch enter on stage. She faced the crowd, and got up on her hind legs, striking a little pose.

"She looks so beautiful." I said out loud

She trotted over to her station and flicked a switch, and a light beat came on. She began to sway to the rhythm, when, all of a sudden, it stopped, the lights cut, and all that could be heard was a faint static.

There was silence.

Then suddenly a heavy bass kicked in along with a Synth, lights were flashing, and everypony was going nuts! I even noticed myself starting to bounce where I was standing.

"I can't take it, I need to get down there." I said, sprinting for the nearest hallway that led to the main floor.

"Hold it!"

Great, another encounter with Mister ‘I eat nails for breakfast’.

"What now?" I complained.

"Where do you think you’re going?" He asked, eyeing me.

"I just want to get in there," I said, my heart beating rapidly from the short sprint and the adrenaline the bass filled me with.

"Fine," He said "But can you do one thing for me?" he said, lowering his voice. I brought my ear close "Can you apologize for pushing me back there? It wasn't very nice." He said with a tone of sadness in his voice.

"Sorry, I guess I got ahead of myself," I said, as apologetically as possible.

"Thanks kid," he said, his gruff voice returning.

I hoof bumped, and he himself escorted me to the floor.

The base had died down, and Scratch was at a more mellow part of her song, so everypony was standing relatively still. I made my way through the crowd, with mixed reactions. Some gave me a strange look, like I was some sort of alien. (Then again, I kinda am.) Others smiled, and some gave me a dirty look.

I finally found a open space, and I could hear the beat starting to kick in again. The drop was coming.

It hit the room like a sack of bricks, and I jumped into the air and started throwing some fists in. At first everypony looked confused at me, then, after a few seconds, I was one with the crowd.

I was having the time of my life, nothing could rui- *Crash!*

I had fallen face first, landing on my hands.

"Watch where you’re going!" Said a bratty voice. "The great and powerful Trixie is trying to enjoy herself!"

I got up and threw a vicious look at her.

"You’re the one that bumped into me! I think you’re the one that should watch where they’re going!" I retorted.

"Do you know who you’re talking to? I am The Great And Powerful Trixie, DJ PON-3's biggest fan!"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, and I'm Vinyl Scratch's personal friend!"

The blue unicorn looked at me with confusion "Who's Vinyl Scratch?"

I face palmed, and decided to go backstage again.

"OMG! Was that just David?" Sky said.

"I THINK IT WASSSS!!!!!!" Her friend screamed over the hollering of the crowd.

"Excuse me?" Trixie began, "Who is this David?"

"He's like, DJ PON-3’s Special somepony, and he is amazing at guitar!!!"

"Her special somepony?" She grinned, "Oh really?"