• Published 2nd May 2020
  • 7,605 Views, 242 Comments

They're Never Coming Back - Flashgen



With the discovery of a line of communication to one of Ponyville's inhabitants, Verdant Vines and her team search for answers.

  • ...
6
 242
 7,605

PreviousChapters Next
Personal Letter to Verdant Vines - May 4th

Vines,

I’m sorry this letter took so long to write. I didn’t receive yours until late in the morning. I think there was some issue with the delivery. I’ll make sure that this letter finds you quickly. The information is urgent, but I’m sure this will not take as long to write up as an official memo.

I visited Pendant and Lantern today at Asclopius Hospital. Official reports from the doctors are still being written, but they informed me of their conditions. Pendant is still comatose. She hasn’t awoken since she arrived on the 30th. However, some ponies have heard groans coming from her despite a lack of movement. Lantern, on the other hoof, has been having an easier time getting to sleep, but he’s still been complaining of nightmares.

The thing is that other ponies staying there, unrelated to the case, are having them too. Even the doctors, nurses, and orderlies are reporting them. They’re all of the same things Lantern and others at Ponyville mentioned: candles, darkness, being watched, whispers. They’re minor, small, irregular, but they’re happening. I’m having them. I had the same one you wrote about, but you blew the candle out.

I took the time today to inform Princess Celestia about the line of communication to Twilight and some other details, mainly the dreams and the incident with Blue Sky, Pendant, and yourself. She’s known about the nightmares for a few days, as part of some of Blue Sky and his team’s reports, and she told me that she reached out to Princess Luna about them. Luna has searched through dreams during her nighttime vigils, but she’s found nothing. No sign of them. It's like the ponies having them aren't asleep.

I’m worried, Vines. I want to keep up hope, but more and more of this makes it seem like it’s out of our hooves. Celestia is heading to Ponyville tomorrow. She has a few loose ends to tie up related to some court duties, but I’ll be traveling with her. Please ready whatever accommodations you can for her and me, as well as some additional guards.

Try to sleep well tonight. I’ll be there soon.

Love,
Clover

P.S. I don’t know if it will help, but if you do have a similar dream, give me a sign. Do that eye roll you do whenever I ask about your family. It will be to see if they’re connected. I’ll try to spin something in the air.

PreviousChapters Next