• Published 2nd May 2020
  • 7,550 Views, 242 Comments

They're Never Coming Back - Flashgen



With the discovery of a line of communication to one of Ponyville's inhabitants, Verdant Vines and her team search for answers.

  • ...
6
 242
 7,550

PreviousChapters Next
Personal Letter to White Clover - May 3rd

Clover,

Today was productive, though I’m still unsure about “Twilight’s” identity. At this point, without seeing her face to face, it’s impossible to be one-hundred percent certain, but I still can’t shake this nagging suspicion despite her responses. Even when I try to put it aside, it keeps crawling back into my thoughts. I’ll leave it up to your discretion on whether or not to inform Princess Celestia, and I’ll be ready to make any necessary arrangements to accommodate her stay.

I had a dream last night. You’ll read about it in my discussion with Blue Sky, or maybe you already did if this letter arrives late (or you just put business first like always). We were at Candle Cafe. I felt happy like always, to be able to talk to you again, even if the rest of it was alarming. It’s this imagery similar to some reported dreams from the journals we’ve found here: darkness, candles going out, being alone and isolated. My first instinct is that it’s just reading these accounts over and over again, spending every waking moment focused on this case.

Still, I know what Lantern said he went through. I know what Pendant went through. I know that my team members wouldn’t lie about all these dreams and that ponies having such similar ones is unlikely at best. I never had the dreams that others reported, when it seemed like they were dreaming the same thing as Lantern a day or two behind him. I wonder why it might be happening now. Maybe it’s delayed or it affects ponies differently. “Twilight” has already said as much.

I’ll try and assign some ponies to looking through the myths and legends books we brought over from Canterlot to see if they can find anything about shared dreams. It could be helpful, no matter what we find. It would give them something to do, to occupy themselves.

I miss you, Clover. I hope you can come when Princess Celestia does, if she does. I hope we can meet at Candle Cafe when I get back, though if you don’t want to wait and you make it here, Blue Sky has an excellent selection of teas. I think he and my father would get along swimmingly on that alone.

Love,
Vines

P.S. Get some sleep, okay? Even if you have to put the work off, just get to bed at a reasonable hour.

P.P.S. It's a stretch, but if you dream anything similar—something about me—please let me know. I don't know if it will be relevant or just coincidence, but I need to know.

PreviousChapters Next