• Published 5th Aug 2019
  • 1,951 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Pony: Hybrid Friendship is Magic - Zipp Storm



Twilight and the Mane 6 meet an antisocial mare who is hiding from her past and hiding a secret.

  • ...
15
 24
 1,951

2 Years Later

"Gooood morning, PONYVILLLLLLLLLLLLEEE!!!!" declared Rainbow Dash as she flew across her hometown, bright and early to clear away some small errant clouds to give everypony a clear and happy morning!

She flew past the Library Tree, startling Owlowiscious awake, who gave a curt "Hoo..." in response before he found himself enjoying the warm morning light. Shrugging his wings, he flew over to sleeping Princess Twilight and gently pecked at her horn, not hurting her, merely to rouse her awake.

"Stop..." Twilight moaned as she turned over, only for Owlowiscious to flap over and then reach with his wing to tickle his owner's nose. It made her giggle before she started, "Ah... Ah! ACHOO!"

"HOO!" Owlowiscious flapped back up onto his perch while Twilight sat up in bed and stretched out any bed kinks.

"Good morning, Owlowiscious...!" Twilight gasped and looked to her window and smiled, "It's morning!"

The morning of a new day, a fresh start. The morning after one of her biggest mistakes. In retrospect, Twilight felt like such a fool, to have gone to such lengths to make a friendship report over the assumption that she was supposed to have learned something new about friendship every single week and send a report about it to her teacher, Princess Celestia. Looking back, she remembered the Sun Princess had tasked her with learning Friendship but never actually said she was to report her findings and experiences every single week!

It was my own assumption and... Twilight sighed before she sat before her vanity, making sure not to wake Spike, who still snoozed in his basket. She brushed her mane and coat, added just a spritz of her favorite perfume, Essence of Lavender, and got her game face on.
"But today is a new day!"

Magicking over her agenda, she let the positive energy fill her up as she felt a song coming on!

(Skip to 1:00)

Alright, Twilight, what's on the schedule today?
Breakfast, shopping, and then lunch at that new café
Practice a spell, this is looking real swell, and woah!
Girl it couldn't be better!

"Mm, hey Twilight," Spike woke up, rubbing his eyes but smiled at his adoptive sister, "You're in a good mood."

"Morning, Spike," Twilight was musing on what else to add to the schedule, "And yes, I am! I just have a really good feeling about today!"

"As opposed to yesterday...?" Spike gave Twilight a cheeky look as he got up to get ready for the day as well.

"I know, not one of my shining moments," Twilight gave a sheepish grin while she made some buttered and cinnamon toast, "But today... I just can't help but feel that it's going to be wonderful!"

Shake the sleep off, and kick into the morning drill
(Twilight pulled on her saddlebags, grabbed some money, and levitated Spike onto her back)
It's another happy day here in Ponyville!
(She stepped out the door, breathing in the morning air)
No need to fear, time to spread the good cheer, and woah!
Things just couldn't be better!

Twilight trotted out merry and happy, smiling to passerby, Spike waving, as they enjoyed their toast on the go.

Call it hope or faith, whatever!
I just know in my heart, that today will be one to remember...!
(Twilight ran out into Ponyville Square)

`Cause there's Celestia's sun in the morning sky
And the mood couldn't be any brighter
And there goes Rainbow Dash a'rocketing by
(Rainbow Dash soared o'er Ponyville Square before landing beside Twilight and Spike)
And Pinkie can't smile any wider!
(Pinkie Pie popped outfrom behind the fountain statue, grinning from ear to ear as she and Rainbow joined in on the song)

It's like a funhouse ride that you just can't miss
Call it crazy and yet, is there anything better than this?
Life just couldn't be better than this!

"Hey, Twi! What's all the singing about?" asked Rainbow Dash with a laugh.

"Hi girls, I'm just feeling so good," Twilight smiled as Spike hopped off her back.
"Twilight's just feeling like today's gonna be a good one," the little dragon explained.
"And with this little schedule, that's a guarantee," Twilight nodded, only for Rainbow Dash to snatch it from her telekinetic grasp. "Hey!"

"Twi, if you wanna have a great day, then don't plan it!" Rainbow Dash tossed the schedule into a nearby public trashcan.
"Dashie's right, Twi," Pinkie threw her arm around Twilight's withers while holding her other one out, "Just go with the flow, see where the day takes you!"

"But... my schedule!" Twilight whined a little.

Twi, forget that! We'll tell you what today will bring!
First a shindig, then a bash, then more partying!
Wrap it up with a Rainboom high above (oh-woah-oh)
Yeah, you know it couldn't be better!
(Rainbow Dash flew off while Pinkie hopped around, saying hi to everypony)

"Howdy, Twilight!" Twilight and Spike turned towards the marketplace where they saw the Apple Siblings pony-ing their apple stand as Applejack held out some kind of treat, "Got somthin' here fer y'all to try!"

"Hi Applejack!" Spike said as he and Twilight approached AJ's stand.

"It's Granny Smith's latest recipe for apple pie!" Applejack cut a piece each for Twilight and Spike, the little dragon going 'Yum!' as Applejack continued, "Have a bite, got more fer th' kids' delight! Bloom?"

Applejack tossed a piece to Apple Bloom who chomped it down with one gulp, as she declared, "It just couldn't taste better!" "Eeyup!"

I can't help but feel something's coming
(Twilight shared an excited smile with Spike)

But until it arrives might as well get this party humming! (Yee-haw!)
(Pinkie Pie started zipping around, decorating town square while Applejack and her siblings helped prepare a buffet table)

Yes, it's an earth pony, pegasus, unicorn town
But the folks couldn't be any sweeter (Sweeter!)
(Twilight and Spike helped Fluttershy as she was leading some ducklings across the way)
So call it upside, backwards, or wrong-side down
But it just couldn't feel more completer
(The locals gathered around Twilight as the rest of her friends joined her)

There's so much to do
And it's all such bliss
There's no reason to fret
What could ever be better than this?
No, it couldn't get better than-

"OhHhWHOAoAOaOaAoOooo...!!!"

Everypony flinched and froze in place as they took notice of Pinkie Pie's whole body going into an involuntary shudder.

"Pinkie are you okay?" Twilight kept her distance from the party pony before daring to ask, "Is it...?"

"Oh yeah! It's a DoOOooOooOoooOOOOzy!" Pinkie shuddered again, "Something totally unexpected is about to happen right here in Ponyville!"


Outside of Ponyville, the mare saw Ponyville a few yards away. She was very nervous about this. She hasn't seen a civilization in 2 years! The creature by her side nuzzled her for comfort. The mare gulped and walked into town. As ponies stared at her and her creature in shock and wonder. She didn't like all of this attention and she whimpered.

The creature nuzzled her in comfort.


"Mmm, this is good," Spike enjoyed the sandwich he'd ordered as he and the rest of the girls enjoyed a nice lunch at the new café that had recently opened, "So what's going on with the rest of you?"

"Well, applebuckin' season's comin' up," Applejack replied before taking a swig of her drink, "and Nightmare Night ain't far off either."

"And some of my critters and birds are already preparing for the winter coming after fall is over," added Fluttershy.

"Say AJ, you up for another Iron Pony competition, followed by the Running of the Leaves?" challenged Rainbow Dash.

"Darlings, must we discuss competition during our lunch hour?" Rarity piped in, "I'd really rather not hear the two of you get into it yet again."

"And besides, didn't-" Twilight tried to say, only for Pinkie to interrupt with another uncontrollable bout of shuddering, causing Twilight to sigh and wait till Pinkie settled. "How much longer are you gonna keep doing that?"

"I told you, everypony," Pinkie answered, "there's a doozy coming and- GASP!!!"

Pinkie Pie gaped in utter shock down the way, and everypony followed her line of sight and saw she was looking at a new pony garbed in a hooded cloak, who seemed to flinch at their taking notice of her. Pinkie Pie to pop up in front of her, making her whinny in alarm.

"Hi there, stranger! You new in town? I can tell, because I know everypony - And I mean everypony - in Ponyville!"

The mare backed away a little from Pinkie Pie as she started to bombard her with questions, "What's your name? Where you from? What do you do for a living? Why are you wearing that big heavy cloak on such a warm day?" The mare whimpered in fear and her creature friends came in between Pinkie and her friend and roared at her, spreading her wings. "Wah!"

Twilight and the girls immediately reacted with Twilight firing her magic at the creature but the beams just deflected off of it! "What!" Applejack and Rainbow charged the creature but it flapped it's wings sending them flying in a huge gust of wind. The mare whimpered and she spread her wings and flew away along with her creature friend from the six mares. "Let's get them!" Rainbow said, ready to fly after them.

"Wait Rainbow." Twilight said. She turned to Pinkie, who looked sad. "Are you okay Pinkie?"

"I didn't mean to scare her."

"It's not your fault. That creature attacked you." Rainbow said.

"Well... you can't really blame it." Fluttershy stated.

"Fluttershy!" Applejack scolded.

"Sorry Applejack but Fluttershy has a point. Pinkie was scaring the poor darling and the creature protected her." Rarity informed. "You cannot blame a creature for their natural instincts."

"I guess." Rainbow grumbled. "But what was that thing?"

"It was a dragon and by the looks of it, it was a Light Fury. A very powerful dragon. I've never seen one before." Twilight informed. "And it looks like she and that mare are friends."

"Well let's go find them." Rainbow suggested,

"Wait... I'll go find them." Fluttershy offered, much to everyone's' shock.

"You?!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Please Rainbow. I can calm her down and get her to trust me." Fluttershy said. "She was awfully scared."

"Fluttershy does have a good point. Alright Fluttershy, you can go." Twilight said. Fluttershy nodded and flew off to find the girl and the dragon.

"... Did I mention she's the doozy I sensed?" Pinkie asked.


Fluttershy found the girl and her dragon in the park and landed in front of her. The dragon snarled at Fluttershy while the mare whimpered. "It's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise." Fluttershy said in her soft voice.

Hearing the softness of her voice, the dragon and her friend calmed down and Fluttershy approached her. "Hello I'm Fluttershy, what's your name?"

The mare tilted her head, confused.

"Do you... have a name?" Fluttershy asked.

The mare shook her head.

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh dear. Do you know how to talk?"

The mare shook her head.

"Write?"

Head shake.

"Read?"

Head shake.

"Oh.. my.." Fluttershy whispered in horror. "Well.. I know some friends who can help you." she held out her hoof to the mare. "If you'll give me a chance." The mare looked at Fluttershys' hoof and gently took it. "Come on." she lead the mare and her dragon back to the others who were outside Twilights' castle.

"Good you found her." Twilight said.

"Yes and um.. girls... she doesn't know how to talk." Fluttershy said to them.

"What?" Twilight asked. The rest of the girls looked shocked as well.

"Yes, she doesn't know how to talk, read or write." Fluttershy informed.

"Woah she's dumb." Rainbow said bluntly.

"Rainbow Dash, she is not dumb! Nobody taught her how to talk, read or write! So don't tease her about it!" Fluttershy demanded with a serious look on her face. Rainbow flinched, "Right, sorry."

Twilight approached the mare and her dragon. "Hi I'm Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Appleajck. What's your name?"

The mare tilted her head in confusion. Fluttershy came up, "She doesn't have a name either."

"Oh... well that's the first thing we'll fix. How about you take off this cloak so we can see you." Twilight made a grab for the cloak but the mare stepped back with a whine. Twilight flinched back. "I don't think she's comfortable with that yet, sugarcube." Applejack said.

The mare whimpered. She reached up and only took down her hood revealing her horn and scaly center of her face. "Woah... that's different." Twilight commented.

"It sure is." Rainbow said.

"Well.. do you have a place to stay?" Twilight asked.

The mare shook her head. "Well you can stay with me." Twilight offered. "I can teach you how to talk, read and write."

The mare nodded. "And I can help you with your flying." Rainbow offered.

The mare nodded. The mare and her dragon followed the Mane 6 into the castle.