• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 6,455 Views, 164 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: New Tactics Part II - no sh*t sherlock

  • ...
26
 164
 6,455

Chapter 11: Game

Chapter 11: Game

Jacob

When Princess Celestia walked into the room to see me holding a gun to one of her most beloved ponies you can imagine just how angry she became.

She literally glowed bright yellow with anger. I could easily feel the heat radiating from her and I started to wonder how I was going to get out of this.

"You've just made a big mistake, Jacob." She fumed and took a slight step forward.

"If you come any closer, than you'll have made a bigger one." I said trying not to let myself sound as completely intimidated as I actually was. I knocked the gun lightly against Twilights head to prove I wasn't messing around.

"I swear to you, If you hurt her in any way there will be no where in this world high enough or low enough for you to hide from me." She started to circle me and circled right back. I needed to know things. With Twilight between me and her I gained a bit of confidence.

"You shut the fuck up." I shouted angrily. I nodded towards the container in Twilights saddle bag. "What's this?"
Celestia hesitated and continued staring at me. I pulled the trigger ever so slightly and it was enough to get the message across.

"Alright fine." She said backing up. "Its mine, my blood."

"What it can do." I said pushing the gun again. "And be honest. You have a lot at stake here."

Celestia growled. "It...It can be altered with conversion serum to produce abnormal effects. " She was talking about turning ponies back human.

"Tell me what it can do to you." I demanded.

"You're going down a bad road, Jacob." Princess Celestia was getting more annoyed by the second.

"I'll send her on the road to hell." Saying that to piss Celestia off may not have been the best idea, but it sure felt good. I already had what I wanted and fortunately for Twilight I had no intention of killing her–– yet.

"When my blood touches outside my body, it temporarily turns that area mortal." She said in temporary defeat. "It can hurt me."

My eyes widened. I grabbed ahold of the container in my free hand and readied my foot. "Thank you, Princess for your cooperation." I put my foot on Twilight's back and kicked out, grabbing the container from her bag as she went. Then something had that I did not expect. I wanted her to go flying into Celestia, giving me enough time to make a quick escape.

Instead, as soon as I let go of her she lit her horn and disappeared in a purple flash. Celestia and I both looked at the spot where she had previously stood. We both slowly looked up at each other and Celestia formed an sly grin. She came forward until another unexpected thing happened.

She rose a hoof to me then suddenly her head was blown to the side as two gun shots came from my left.

"Run Jacob!" Mint yelled as he fired a few more shots. He didn't have to tell me twice. Celestia ran to him as I went to the door.

"Good bye, Mint." she said. The last thing I saw before leaving was Celestia rearing on her back hooves over Mint.

****************

I followed the screams. I had no idea where I was going, but I had to get a way from Celestia. Even though I had a way to defeat her it would still be tough.

I been trying to find the whereabouts of who ever was screaming. Every time they sounded close, the sounds would start coming from a different direction.

I saw some weird shit in some of the hallways. Blacked walls, a few small fires burning in corners.

Did the ponies have a flamethrower or something? I thought to myself. It turns out I wasn't far off.

I turned one corner and ran into a group of four guys running in the opposite direction. The guys in the back had flaming patches in their clothes.

"Run!" They shouted at me. I was confused, but ran anyway. I looked back and I saw the hallway glowing brighter as we turned. A couple seconds later the most high pitched screech I'd ever heard came from behind me.

"What the hell was that?" I screamed. I was about to find out. In front of us, I could see an orange glow stretching across the walls. My back stared to become warmer. I got a hand on my pistol and turned around.

"Oh God!" It scared the shit out of me. I turned to to see a flaming bird whose wing span reached both sides of the hallway, lighting them on fire. It screeched again I held my hand back and fired. I couldn't tell what part was its body and which was just flames.

"Woah!" The guy next to me tripped. I tried to catch him, but I was moving to quickly. Almost immediately he was engulfed by the flames of the winged beast.

As soon as he was gone, I felt a weird feeling come over me, like I suddenly knew where I was.

"Turn here!" I shouted. We turned right and I saw Rebecca up ahead. "Run!" We yelled. She seemed confused at first, but when she saw what was chasing us she sped right up.

"What is that thing!?" She asked.

"I dont know!" I shouted back. "Where the hell is Hudd?"

"We got separated! Is there a plan here?!"

I hadn't thought of a plan. I was more concerned with not being burned alive. I guess I could make one up real quick. I looked down and saw that we all had some kind of weapon. "On my go we're going to turn around and spray that son of a bitch down!" Every nodded. I guess they thought that was as good a plan as any.

"Alright on Three!" My pistol was ready. "One, two THREE!" We turned around at once, all of us ready to fire. I thought we had it, but once again something unexpected happened.

As soon as we turned, the bird stopped and rose up. Before we could shoot, it light its body up and gave off the brightest light I and ever seen.

"Fuck!" I dropped to the ground, I couldn't see a thing. My eyes burned, like they had been instantly dried out. Around me I could hear gun shots, but if the bird's light had effected them as it did me, then they were firing blind.

The heat started to get more intense and I knew the bird was coming closer. Still blind I tried to back away from the heat.

"What the-" The voice was to my right. I heard something being swung then the bird screehed again. It was followed by another 'whoosh' and then I felt something fall on the ground in front of me.

I heard a bunch of more hits and bones breaking before my vision cleared.
"Hudd!" I said relieved. He was beating the bird to death with a bat. On the right was the corridor that he must've come from.

Only one guy, Rebbeca and I remained able to get up.

He put his arm around me. "We've got to get out of here. Things are falling apart." Rebecca and the other guy started going, but I pushed his hand off.

"Not yet." I said as I held up the container of Celestia's blood.

"What is that?" Hudd asked. As we walker I told them every detail of what Celestia had confessed to me.

Minutes later...

"We can do this." I said referring to our newly formed plan. "But we only got one shot."

Hudd took my hand and nodded at me. " We'll make it count." With that we spilt up.

For the first time, I found myself looking for Celestia. I no longer had the canister, which meant I no longer had power over her life. It frightened me, but I had to get over it. I was going to stick to the plan.

"Celestia!" I shouted. "I'm Here!"

"Celestia, I'm here." I said tiredly. I'd been shouting that for... I don't even know how long. I hadn't seen anything. But just then...

I ducked behind a corner, gun ready. I could hear hurried hoofsteps coming my way. They came closer and closer. This was it I hoped.

I jumped out and pointed my pistol.

"Dammit." I sighed. Once again I caught a very surprised Twilight Sparkle off guard. "Don't run." I said calmly. "And don't try that teleporting shit again."

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I want Celestia, but I need someone who came bring her here."

"I could try calling her." she suggested.

"Not what I had in mind." I fired at her front leg. She yelled in pain and fell over. I looked around, still no sign of Celestia. But I knew Twilights screams would draw her in eventually. She continued crying on the ground and I almost felt sorry for her.

I fired again at her leg and her screams were renewed. I knew Celestia would hear her favorite pony in pain. While I waited I decided to add insult to injury.

"Now come on Twilight, you knew this was coming." I said waking around her. "After all you ponies have done, you couldn't have thought you were sa-"

The wall exploded in front of me. I ducked as plaster and wood splinters flew everywhere. When I looked up Princess Celestia was fuming next to a giant hole in the wall. Her hooves and lower front legs were covered in blood. She looked down to Twilight then back to me, her eyes bright yellow.

"Here we go." I said quietly. Celestia's horn lit up and I turned around and ran.

"I'm going to kill you Jacob!" she shrieked as she followed. I turned around to see a dark shadow fall over Twilight.

Celestia shot beams of energy all around me. I ducked and jumped as they tore through the floor and walls. Debris flew all over me, but I couldn't stop.

"You'll share the same fate as Mint!" she yelled after me.

I knew it was probably true, but I ran anyway. I needed to get her angrier, she had to be focused on me.

"Twilight begged me not to shoot her." I lied "I could see the fear in her eyes." I turned around to observe her reaction, but she wasn't there.

"Where the-" Celestia's hoof emerged from a corridor to my left. It hit my chest and I flipped and landed on my stomach. I had no time to react because almost immediately I felt Celestia's energy envelop me. I was picked off the ground and slammed into the wall. She lifted me again and slammed me into the opposite wall, my body making a hole in it.

She released me from her magic, but pushed the side of her front leg under my chin holding me in place.

"Tell me how she begged again, Jacob." She taunted as she pushed harder. I struggled ans kicked against her force, but it was too great. Her horn lit again as she began charging it. "Oh well." She sighed with fake pity. " I guess you won't get to experience your better life as a pony. Shame."

"Would you just shut the fuck up!?" Hudd's voice came from her left. She had no time to react before he swung his bat. The blood he had poured on it splashed on me as it went down. It hit against the leg she was holding me up with and I heard the bone crack. She screamed in pain as I dropped to the ground.

The sound froze me for moment. I had never heard it before and I liked it. Celestia tried to get up, but two more powerful hits to her other front leg rendered it useless.

Celestia was on the ground looking up at Hudd who had a devilish grin on his face.

"I've been waiting for this." He whispered. He placed the bloody bat against Celestia's head then brought it back. When he swung he brought it slightly upward. It cracked against her horn.

At first I had thought that it was the bat which broke, but it was realy her horn. A bright yellow wave spread out when it spilt. The greater half of her pointed end flew across the room. Sparkes came from the both ends and Celestia writhed on the ground.

The floor started to shake and yellow energy glided across the walls. We watched as all the walls slowly faded into nothing, leaving one giant room. I could see the lab and a bunch of bedrooms. They looked normal, just with no walls around them.

On the far right wall I could see stairs to the main floor.
"Well look at that." Rebecca said. Her hands her covered in blood, both her own and Celestia's as she punched her back and forth across the face. "We'll take her outside. Let's see if she can the heat."

We threw Celestia down the stairs of the Bureau. Maybe 18 of us humans were left. Rebbeca ran back inside. She said she had to get something.

The rest of us gathered around Celestia for some well deserved payback. Hudd had to set some ground rules.

Rule 1: Do not let her die.

That was it. Hudd only wanted to make sure that a beating wouldn't be the thing that sent her on her way.

Hudd and I watched silently as remainder of humans beat Celestia apart. They covered and hands and feet with her blood which was now coming from her in various places. I was worried that she might slip into unconsciousness, but every so often someone would get in a good hit and Celestia would scream in pain, putting me at ease.

After maybe six minutes, Rebecca came out of the Bureau dragging a low container of gasoline. On her command the mob around her spilt and she, Hudd and I rubbed her blood over her entire body. Rebecca then splashed the gas all over her.

"I... I just wanted to make a better world." She said in a weak raspy voice.

Hudd took a lighter out of his pocket and lit it. The flame cast an eerie light on his face.

"So do I." He said as he dropped the lighter. The flames spread over the ground and raced towards Celestia. When they reached her body they rose up and her screams filled the air. Her hair burnt away quickly and her skin was open to the flames.

We watched as her skin turned a sickly orange color before the layers began peeling away. Celestia screamed in absolute agony as she struggled to move.

She continued wailing for about a minute before it died down. Celestia was getting charred now. Crisped, thin feathers were pushed upward by the flames then fell down around us like rain.

The stench of her dead burning flesh filled my nostrils. It wasn't really a bad smell, In fact I down right loved it. It was something I hadn't smelled in a very long time. It smelled like... victory.

***************

I pushed open the door to the Bureau roof. Hudd stood on the opposite side. His hands rested on the ledge as he looked out towards the empty Atlanta Buildings. A golden sun was rising and shown brightly over the structure.

I walked over to him and sighed. It had been the longest few hours of my life, but it had been while worth it. We had taken the Bureau. More and more people started showing up and pretty soon we were up to around 50.

Lefty had survived the building collapsing with a broken arm and what looked like a cracked rib. Kid had a piece of plastic from a shattered conversion dart lodged in his arm. We'd lost so many others, but their sacrifice hadn't been for nothing.

I sighed again. "Well I guess we won." I said finally.

Hudd turned around. "Won?" He asked. "This wasn't a game, Jacob. We got Celestia sure, but that doesn't mean we won anything."

"But we got the bitch, Hudd!" I said proudly. "That's got to count for something."

"Yeah, it counts, but think about it, Jacob." He said wearily. "Twilight escaped, Luna is nowhere to be found." He looked out over the roof again. "We have just over fifty people here. What happens if Luna returns with even more ponies?"

Hudd's words hit me like a train. Here I was celebrating, when the world was still full of ponies. "I understand." I said matching his tone. "There are still threats all around us."

Hudd patted me on the back. "I didn't mean to depress you and I guess we should all be proud of what we accomplished today." He said sounding more upbeat. "This battle is over." He looked to me again and sighed. But the war for Earth is about to begin."

I smiled as a strange wave of confidence spread over me. "I hope the ponies are ready for it."

End