• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 6,455 Views, 164 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: New Tactics Part II - no sh*t sherlock

  • ...
26
 164
 6,455

Chapter 8: Prepare for battle...or Dar vienas suklastotas miršta

Chapter 8: Prepare for battle...or Dar vienas suklastotas miršta

Jacob

A couple hours later, there was still no sign of Rain. None even seemed to remember her being here. The guy who was watching the said he hadn't seen her leave.

I wanted to find her, but not enough to go outside searching. Rebecca and Hudd and finished gather what they thought was enough information on the girl and were now sitting and waiting. Lots of ideas were being tossed around, but the one that stuck was to start arming up and hit the bureau tomorrow night.

As everyone started getting their things together, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. When the person came into view, everyone looked shocked.

"Where the hell have you been, Rain?" I shouted. I came down and pulled Hudd, Rebecca and I aside.

"I went to the bureau." she said plainly.

"You did what?" Rebecca asked shocked.

"I left to scout out the bureau and I have stuff you'll want to know." She said.

Hudd ignored that she was missing and went into command mode. "What do you have for us?"

"Well first things first. Celestia's forces are already here."

"What?!" How many?" I said.

"I'm not sure exactly. I saw six lines of about fifty on the ground and at least another fifty pegasi on the roof. Buts that's not the real problem."

"And what is?" Rebecca asked.

"The real problem is that there is no cover on that field. They'll paraylze you as soon as you drop down."

Rebbeca and Hudd looked at each other. "Well it gets worse as it turns out." Hudd said. "The girl in there said that her weapon turns people directly into ponies. No more paralysis. What would you suggest?"

"You need some type of cover. And it has to be lightweight or on wheels for you to get it there."

I thought about how the car I hid behind had held up pretty nicely. they had wheels. "What about cars?"

"That could work..." Rebecca started. "But we don't have enough fuel for that."

"What if you pushed them?" Rain tried.

"Push cars from here to the bureau? That's a little much." Hudd said.

"Why? Its not incredibly far away and its slightly down hill." I suggested. "And what if we stripped it? Take out all the parts we don't need, engine, seats, windows, stuff like that."

"That might make them a little lighter, but I have no idea how to take out an engine." Hudd said.

"Oh thats easy." Rebecca said. " Is anyone here a mechanic or knowledgeable of car engines?" She asked the question to the entire room and got a couple guys.

"I was mechanic. Used to own a garage around here." The guy said. I'd seen him around before. "What do you need?"

"How long would take to take the engine out of a car." Hudd asked..

The guy did a quick calculation in his head. "Couple months, why?"

"No. I mean just basically removing it never to be used again."

He tilted his head back. "Ohhhhh. Really depends on the car, but I'd say maybe a few hours."

"If I brought you five or six cars, you think you could do that to them. "

"Oooo." he said. "I'd need some help. My younger brothers here, but I might need more."

"Take anyone you need." Rebecca said. "Tell them Rebecca needs their help."

"Gotcha." He nodded and left us to recruit some more.

"Now there's the business of getting the cars. Taylor!" Rebecca shouted. The big guy came over. "Take about 15 maybe 20 strong people outside and bring the first five cars you see. Take whatever weapons you need."

"Got it." He said in a deep voice.

"And Taylor." Rebecca stopped him. She leaned in close. "After that's done, find me the three smallest cars you can find, but make sure they have a trunks. Fill those three up with the last of our gasoline."

"Will do." He said as he picked some guys.

"Now that that's taken care of." Rain said. "We need to talk about the pegasi."

"Oh yeah I almost forgot about them."

"There is building a couple hundred yards from the bureau. Stairs will take you from the roof and from there, you have a great view of the bureau."

"We could put some LMGs up there and mow them all down." Hudd said.

Rebecca stepped back. "I have something else." She walked into a corner and pulled out two long, hollow tubes. "M29 mortars. The guy who knows how to operate them is sleep over there." she pointed. "Bad thing is we only have six shells"

"No, no that's perfect." Two shells for the ground, four for the roof." Hudd said. "That's how this will start. When that first shell hits, we'll give those ponies hell."

***************

Twilight

I stayed in the lab. I didn't know where else to go. With the humans impending attack, it was too dangerous to go out side where 300 of the Equestrian Elite stood waiting for them. Inside was no better, ponies were busy running weapons and medical supplies around.

Not even the laboratory wasn't empty. Scientists were everywhere getting things ready for the extraction that was about to commence. I made sure to stand out of their way and Luna did the same. She had come inside when Celestia was giving orders to our forces. She stood next to me, but didn't speak. We both wanted to see the procedure first hand.

"I NEED SOME WATER!" A voice shouted suddenly . All the ponies in the room turned to the corner where the lone human, Mint, laid on floor. His right wrist was cuffed to the wall and he was wavy his left in the air. I looked to him then back at the scientists, they had gone back to their business. I sighed and left the room.

I levitated a plastic cup to to a restroom where I filled it up. Mint looked relieved when I floated to cup over to him. He drank it down quickly and said "thanks" without facing me. I shrugged and went back over to next to Luna.

She leaned in close to me and whispered. "That was nice of you."

"I couldn't help it." I said back. I had little doubt that Mint would probably kill me given a chance, but I pitied him anyway. His fall while being converted back to a human had made something go wrong. We had assumed that the control of his legs would come back to him a little later...but they never did. He would never walk again. For that I was extremely sorry.
It was my decision to keep him down here. Partly because it would be difficult to levitate him all the way up stairs, but I also didn't want to put him in a cage after what he had been through. Though it had back fired when Celestia insisted that he be chained.

"I think they're about to start." I said.

"Correct." Luna replied.

Princess Celestia was enclosed behind six plexiglass walls. In with her was a scientist in what looked to be in full armor. He pulled down a mask and moved a syringe closer to her leg . The entire room grew silent as it got closer and closer.

I could see a dark substance covering the tip of the needle before he brought it made contact with Celestia. When it did, I understood why the pony was in armor. A shock wave went out on contact and rattled the clear walls. A bright with light came out from the tiny puncture. The scientist, with his mask, was able to continue, but I was forced to look away.

The extraction had yielded about a quarter cup of dark red liquid. Alicorn blood. The rare substance glowed brighter when the pony moved it.

"Get that finalized quickly." Celestia said. She lifted one of the panes and she a the scientist left. Immediately he was swarmed by others, trying to examine it and take samples.

Celestia calmly walked over to us. "And that's the main ingredient for the new serum." she said

"Very nice." Luna nodded.

"It is." Celestia agreed. "And it works fine."

Luna looked unsure. "Well what happened to him?" she asked. She pointed to resting Mint, who was snoring in the corner.

"Oh him? His condition was the result of a disruption during testing." Celestia said. "He's an accident."

"An accident?" I asked.


"Precisley, But it matters little. We won't be turning converts back to humans anytime soon." She said. We might even have to expand the upper floors to make room for the last of the humans."

The scientist walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder. "Your Higness?"

She turned around and she levitated a large glass container in front of us.

"Ah, thank you." she said to him then turned back. "A super concentrated dose. You could thin this out and make hundreds of thousands with this."

"Wonderful." I said quickly.

Celestia looked down. "Twilight, I know you don't think that a battle with the humans is entirely right so I will ask no more of you than this: Can you keep this safe for me?"

I thought for a moment. I really wanted no part in this impending fight, but I felt I couldn't deny her. "I will do it." I said finally. Celestia's face lit up for a moment like it did when I was younger.

I heard a familiar animal call then a bright that coming down the hall way. Suddenly a fireball burst into the room. It went over to Celestia and slowly it formed into a fully renewed Philomena. They played around for a moment before she looked over and smiled at me. "Thank you, Twilight." She said. "This won't take long."

***************

Ice

I past out. I'm not quite sure for how long, but it was dark outside when I came to. I remembered everything though. The fight, my ass getting whipped, even the girl lying on the floor. Oh god. I thought. The girl was still here.

I remembered I couldn't aim the shotgun as high as I would have liked to. Still, the blast was able to fuck up her lower body. I didn't know if she'd died immediately or if she'd bled out, either way I was going to make sure she was undenaibly dead.

Very slowly I got up. My entire body ached and was covered in bruise, but I rose. I limped over to her and saw the huge blood pool around her. She had to be dead, but her eyes were still wide open. I shook my head. "Nope." I said to myself. I hovered the barrel about six inches above the bridge of her nose. I thought back to something she had said while I was down. Now I chuckled, it was my time to laugh.

"You should have listened to friend, you fucking fake." I pulled the trigger again and the girls face was blown everywhere.

Half an hour later, I was hard at work. The truck had guns alright, but they'd be useless without anything to shoot from them.

So I to load them up. It wasn't to difficult and luckily there was quite a lot of ammo around the room. For the XM 307, I found six ammo cans that would each hold 31 20mm grenades. The 307 was controlled remotely from inside the armored cab and utilized an auto loader system. That was an easy part. All I had to do was make sure the tops on the cans were open, push them down into the loader and lock it into place. From there it would take care of the rest.

For the M2 Brownings, I was not as lucky. There were only four cans of the 50. BMG AP rounds. That was only two cans for each gun. Whats worse was that I couldn't fire it from inside the cab. Someone else would have to jump in in the back an use them. But that wouldn't be a problem when I was on the bureau's doorstep.

While I was looking for ammo for the M2's I ran across another great find, crates of weapons. Six Berretta REC7s, two HK416's and even and M110 SASS. There were a couple hand guns also thrown into the mix as well . All of them had a couple mags of ammunition.

Inside the truck, there were brackets of the walls and I hung the extra weapons in case they'd be needed when I got down there. When I was done, it was night. I was tired and ready for sleep, but there was one more thing I had to take care of.

I grabbed the girl's arm and dragged her body outside. I took it around back and tossed it into a dumpster. I briefly thought about actually burying her, but then I said "Nahhh." I curled up on the seat of cab. It was actually pretty comfortable. For a moment I just sat there and thought.

With my transmitter broken, there would be no way that Hudd would be able to contact me. I'd have to hear the battle going on and then make it down there. I'd be late to party, but I think I'd be well welcomed. My last thought before drifting off to sleep was how loaded up the truck was. We were going to tear those ponies apart.

**************

Jacob

I sat on the steps rolling a bullet around in my hands. I couldn't find myself sleeping in the daytime. Last night had been filled with activity. They had worked through the night and as a result all the tasks had been finished. Eight cars stood outside the entrance to stairs. Five of them lacked an engine, windows and seats, just as Rebecca had wanted.

The other were filled with what little gas we had left. They would have to be pushed to the bureau before Rebecca could put her plan into action. When she told me it, I wasn't too thrilled, but I knew it would definitely be affective.

On the way to finding her three extra cars, Taylor and his guys had run across an over turned SWAT truck. Inside they found about fifteen ballistic shields which was given to anyone who couldn't get behind a car.

Roles had been given out to our group as well. Hudd and I were apart of Rebecca's plan. Lefty volunteered to use a LMG on the roof of the opposite building. Kid and Rain was chosen to stay on the ground. Kid had just sighed and accepted it, but I wasn't too sure about Rain. The way she spoke when we discussed plans just didn't sound right.

About an hour later, I found that I was right. Everyone else had gone to sleep for the impending battle and I saw Rain trying to quietly step over them. She didn't she me until she was very close.

"Going somewhere?" I asked as she came up to me.

She closed her eyes and sighed. "I'm not staying, Jacob." She said.

"I know." I said. "I could tell from how you spoke earlier. I'm not going to stop you, but I do want to know why."

"I can't fight in a battle, Jacob. I just can't." She said sadly. "I wanted to give you guys some help before I left."

"Will you be alright?" I asked.

"I'll be fine." she said. "If there is a way I can help out tonight, I will try."

"Jacobbb?" It was Rebecca's voice. "Jacob were are you" Rebecca was doing a sort of whisper yell.

"Go Rain." I said. "She probably won't like you leaving."

"Okay, Jacob." She gave me hug then headed up the stairs. "I wish you all the luck in the world."

"I'm here, Rebecca." I whispered back. She came over to me and pulled me up.

"Come on." she said. "Time to tie up loose ends." She led me to the room where the girl was being held. She looked worse than before. Blood was all over her face and looked like it had even been coming from her ears.

"Her names Scootaloo." Rebecca said. "She was a pony."

"What?!" I said amazed. "How is that possible?"

"I don't know. She absolutely refused to tell us no matter what we did to her, but its gotten me worried." Rebecca said. "How the hell could Celestia do this?"

"No idea." I said. "Doesn't seem possible."

"When we searched her, we found this." She handed me a transmitter. I turned it over and found a camera on the back. "That transmitter sends directly to Celestia. I say we send her a message." She handed me a silenced hand gun and I nodded.

Rebecca slapped her face lightly a couple times and she girl sprang to life. She looked at the gun and then at her transmitter and her face went white.

"You don't want to be doing that." She warned.

"I think we do." I said as I held the hand gun up to her head.

"You don't understand. She's been acting differently. If you send her this, she could completely destabilize. You're going to break her."

I looked to Rebecca who gave me a thumbs up as she pointed the camera towards her.

"Good." That was the last I said before I pulled the trigger.

End Chapter 8