• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 6,455 Views, 164 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: New Tactics Part II - no sh*t sherlock

  • ...
26
 164
 6,455

Chapter 10: Labyrinth

The Conversion Bureau: New Tactics Part II
by no sh*t sherlock

Chapter 10: Labyrinth

Jacob

Months ago Hudd had led his group through Washington D.C. for an attack on Celestia. Unfortunately it failed and left them very crippled and on the run. At the time I was still detonating charges and scaring the mess out of pegasi in New York, so I had never witnessed Princess Celestia in a battle. She was a bit bigger than Luna, so I figured that she was probably a little stronger too. But seeing as we had just taken care of Luna, I thought that Celestia couldn't be too much more of a problem. I was wrong.

Princess Celestia descended so fast that I couldn't tell when she actually hit the ground. It was much different than Luna's hit. As soon as she got close, my vision was filled by a blinding golden light. My ears started ringing and I fell over and felt a bit of dirt and dust hit my face.

When my vision corrected I could see Celestia was standing to my left. Fortunately for me, she was looking out towards the field and not in my direction. The problem was that she was right in front of the Bureau's entrance- where I needed to be.

Celestia's horn became engulfed in glowing a bright yellow energy as she looked over the battlefield. Everyone soon got over their shock and the military truck was the first to react. One of the machine guns on the side focused on the ponies that spilled out of the Bureau, while the launcher on the roof of the cab aimed towards her.

See the attack coming, she sent a beam from her horn. At about three feet from her face it stopped and formed a large circle. The grenades from the turret exploded on it, unable to break through. The truck drove forward trying to find a way past her shield, but had no luck. Soon the gun came to a stop and Celestia's shield faded until it was no longer there.

She looked straight down and when she came up again, something was different. Her eyes had turned green with a purple aura coming from them. Her horn light up with a different light, one that was also green and purple. A dark shadow crept from her and stretched across the field until it was under the truck.

Suddenly the ground started to shake and a huge black rock rose from under the middle of the truck. The driver tried to drive away from it, but its wheels were already off the ground. The rock shined in the moonlight as more and more of it rose from the ground. The truck started to arc slightly as the weight of its two ends pulled it down.

When the rock stopped rising, the middle of the truck was suspended at leas fifteen feet off the ground. A door in the rear opened and two guys, as well as a few weapons, tumbled out of it.

With the truck immobilized, ponies started coming freely from the bureau. Most of our fire went towards keeping them back.

The driver of the truck remained in the cab and desperately tried to aim the turret towards Celestia. But she was now on the offensive. Her horn had been growing brighter and brighter as it gained energy.

Finally a hot yellow blast propelled away from her. The driver kicked open the door and dropped to the ground just as the blast hit the truck above him. The cab was blown clean off and the truck rotated on the rock. With the back weighing more, it started to tilted towards the ground. The driver rolled to the side as the rear end of the truck smashed on the ground next to him.

Celestia gave an evil looking smile before something exploded behind her. Her smile disappeared as the mortar shell caused her to fly into her rock. The black structure crumbled on impact, burying her.

Unfortunately it didn't take long for Celestia to kick her way through. When she pulled herself up, nearly her entire body was covered in black dust. She frantically looked around for where the shell had come from.

When the LMG fire started hitting her she immediately turned to face the roof when her circular shield up. Her horn started glowing brighter again as her shield continued deflecting the bullets.

I heard yelling from the roof as the fire stopped. Celestia took her opportunity. A white hot blast way larger than before came from her horn.

The blast hit on the floors below the roof and glass and concrete flew all across the field. With nothing below it, one half of the roof started collapsing. When it gave way I could see one guy, the mortar tubes and Lmgs falling.

Everyone watched in horror and unable to help as he got lower and lower. Celestia slowly turned around to face me when his journey ended. She started coming towards me right when another explosion directly in her back pushed her into the ground. Moments before her blast hit the building, I had heard a mortar fire and it now came back down.

The lucky shot had pushed Celestia into the ground and she was very slowly getting back up. I had little time to make a decision and under the circumstances, I think I did pretty well. I was thinking that maybe we would have better luck in a more contained environment. Maybe not my best choice.

"Get inside!" I shouted as I ushered people inside. Most didn't even have weapons and rushed inside with nothing but bats. I gave my rifle to a completely unarmed person and picked up another pistol for myself. Hudd, Rebecca and I were the last ones inside.

Surprisingly, the place still looked welcoming. A bunch signs and posters discussing the benefits of conversion surrounded a hotel style front desk.

On the far right wall was a door and a few people had gone through it. I headed towards its direction when Rebecca stopped me.

"We're going to clear the upper floors. We'll join you when were done." She said. I nodded in agreement and they left down the hall.

When I opened the door, a long flight of descending stairs was before me.

****************

The first mind fuck came very quickly. When I had gotten to the bottom of the stairs what seemed to be a long black hall stretched for looked like forever. A couple steps down the hallway I heard a noise behind me. I turned to see that the stairs were gone and replaced with more hallway.

"The hell?" I said out loud. I pulled one of my guns out and continued. Eventually I came to a 'T' intersection of hallways. While I was choosing left or right I heard a scream behind me.

I twisted around to see a guy run from a hallway to the left that hadn't been there prior. He ran in my direction, but didn't get far before a blue and orange flash grabbed him and pulled him back down the corridor.

"Oh shit!" I thought as I crouched down. I pointed my gun in that direction on case whatever it was decided to come for me.

After a few seconds no one came, so I kept going much more cautious than before.

It was horrible down here. Corridors seemed to disappear and change position anytime I would look away. Besides a few locked doors, the walls were completely bare so it was impossible to remember where I had been.

"This is a nightmare." I said to myself. "I've got to get-" I quickly whipped my head around. I had heard a hoof step behind me, but saw nothing.

"Who's there?" I called down the hallway with no response. "Anyone there?" I called again. For the second time there was no answer, so I slowly turned around and kept walking, trying to be aware of what was behind me without turning my head.

"This is the kind of shit that makes people craz-" I heard the hoofstep again, this time much closer.

I already had my gun raised when I turned.

"FREEZE MOTHERFU-" I had planned to surprise the individual, but they had me. There was a bright orange and blue flash and then I was pushed hard against the wall. The two colors went past me and trailed around a corner.

I pulled the trigger ans fired a few shots down the hall. I kept my gun pointed down the hall. That's when the second one hit me. My legs were swept from under me. I landed on my back as a lighter blue trail went around the corner.

I was tired of getting fucked with and I pulled out my second pistol. "Come on then!"

I shouted at the hall. I pointed each gun down the hallway, ready to take on whoever it was from either side. But I couldnt even see them.

I took another hit from the orange and blue one to my chest. While I was falling backwards, the light blue one hit my legs from behind again. The result was that I did a backflip. My guns flew behind me and I landed on my stomach.

My chest burned, it felt like my ribs had been pushed in. But when I looked up things got worse. Two pairs of four hooves stood before in front of me. One was light blue, the other orange, but wore a blue and gold suit.

"Hey Jacob." Rainbow Dash said.

"You remember us, right?" Spitfire grinned. I said nothing and looked down to thier sides. No dart guns.

Spitfire noticed my glance and smiled.

"Thats right, no dart gun." She said happily. "I'm sure you've heard Celestia's order. You're going to pay for what you did to our camp.

I balled my right hand into a fist. As old feelings came back to me, anger surged through my body. They came to our lands and tried to take over and I was the one who was going to pay? No way, hands over hooves in my book.

"You won't get the chance." I said gritting my teeth. With that I swung my legs around in front of me so that I was on back.

I was able to knock Spitfires front legs and she fell on her face. However Rainbow Dash was fast. She saw it coming and hovered into the air, but I had something for her too.

I pulled my knees to my chest and pushed out, kicking her into the ceiling. I stood up and kicked Spitfire again. I turned to my guns, they were only a few yards from me.

One word floated through my head: "Nahh."

I turned back to the ponies who had recovered from my hits and had taken some kind of pony fighting stance. I looked back and forth between them, I think I'd be alright. "Well let's do this."

I charged forward, Spitfire did the same. We crashed in the air and with my superior weight, I was able the pin her on her back.

My left hand grabbed her neck while my right delivered punch after devastating punch. She kicked out her front legs wildly and caught me in my chest and stomach.

My right hand soon grew bloody and it joined my left around Spitfire's neck.

Nearly the entire time Rainbow Dash was kicking me from behind. When she grabbed me around my waist and tried to pull me from her is when I brought back my right elbow. It stuck her right in the gut and she doubled over.

I kept squeezing Spitfire's neck. Her flairs became much slower and soon were non existent. After a few more seconds I pulled my hands off her neck and gave her one final punch before I backed away from her. When I looked around for Rainbow Dash who'd disappeared, I was hit in the back. Her unmistakable blue trail went down the hallway.

I held my arms out ready this time. "Come on, come on." I said quietly. Finally I saw her coming. A faint blue object coming straight for me. I stretched out my hands as soon as she hit me.

I was able to grab a hold of her mane in my right hands and around her chest in my left. She flew crazily down the hallway, slamming me into the walls as I struggled to climb onto her back. But when I got there, it wasn't much better. She rose and dragged me across the ceiling, breaking lights as I went along.

I was able to get my right hand on top of her head and my left hand gripped the bottom tightly . I knew what came next and I closed my eyes. My right hand pulled the top of her head and my left pulled the bottom in the opposite direction. The crack was louder than I had expected. I let go of Rainbow Dashes limp body before it crashed to the ground.

"Ah Fuck." I said to myself. Rainbow Dash had fallen a couple feet from Spitfire's. Both of them there was not a pretty sight.

Regardless, I still had to keep moving. I picked up my pistols and kept going.

**************

"Dammit." I said quietly. I couldn't find anything. The hallways kept changing, but now I couldn't see a thing. I hadn't seen or heard a human or pony since Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. But my luck was about to change in my favor––or get worse depending on how you look at it.

I could see a brighter lit hallway to my left and decided to take that path. I came upon a what looked like a laboratory. I readied my guns and crouched down. I slid across the wall under the panes of glass. I rose up for a moment and looked inside. Lots of beakers, test tubes and other traditional lab equipment save for two things.

One was a huge black vault door in the back of the room. The other was a chained human sleeping on the floor next to the wall. He adjusted himself in his sleep so that his face was turned towards me. I recognized him.

"Mint?!" I exclaimed. I rushed around to the entrance and the door slide open. "Mint, Mint!" I said as I shook him lightly.

"Wh-wha?" Mint said drowsily, slowly waking up.

"Mint its me!" I said waving a hand in front of his face. "Come on lets get you out of here." I fumbled around with his chain looking for an exploit.

"Jacob?" He asked. " Jacob stop, Im done for."

"What?" I asked surprised at his tone. "Dont speak like that man, We can get you out of here."

"Listen to me Jacob. I can't walk, they fucked me up real good when they-" He stopped and looked down to his legs. Then he pulled on my shirt urging me closer to him. "They turned me into human." He said softly.

I frowned thinking that he had lost it. "But Mint you've always been a human."

He shook his head violently in frustration. "No, no, no! She converted me, but... but then she turned me back! She has some kind of new serum. But I've got something better.

"What is it then?!" I asked.

"Yesterday, I watched as a doctor was able to pierce Celestia's skin. He used a needle with what looked like it had something like blood or something on the end of it." He said with his eyes wide. "But thats not even the best part. The doctor drew out more blood. I dont know, maybe if we use that we could have a shot at killing her."

"But where is it now?"

"He gave it to this purple unicorn. Shes got a little pink star thing on her leg and –– and speak of the devil. Get down."

I turned and saw Twilight run past the glass panes. She entered the room and got completely still and for the moment she seems oblivious to us.

"This is so bad, I'm so lost." She kept repeating to herself. A saddle bag on her side opened and I got a view of a container with a red liquid inside. I silently pointed to it and Mint nodded. I knew what I had to do and handed Mint one of my pistols as I silently mouthed "I'll come back."

With my other pistol in hand I ran towards Twilight. She turned at the last second and tried to run, but it was too late. My arm was around her neck and I was pushing my pistol into the side of her head.

"Hello Twilight." I said.

"Jacob!" she gasped in surprise.

"You remembered me, Thats good. Look I just need a little something from you." I said as my hand slipped into her saddle bag.

She felt it and resisted. "Wait Jacob!" She shouted. "You don't know what youre-" She stopped at the sound of hoof steps coming towards the lab. They sounded much louder than a normal ponies should be. The hallway started to get brighter and brighter with a golden light. I knew who was coming.

"Shit." was all I could say before Princess Celestia peeked her head into the room.

End Chapter 10