• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 464 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 464

Episode 3: The Heart of the Abyss

Narico just stared at the piece of paper before him. It had been a long time since he'd met the woman with pitch black hair and deep grey eyes. He'd only ran into the woman a few times, and she was already on his mind a lot. Whenever the young royal changeling thought about her, he could feel his heart beat faster and his whole face heat up at the thought of her smile. Much like how his face was starting to heat up now.

"Narico? Narico." Night Fang said as he waved his hand in front of his adopted brother's face. "Well, the hand's not working." Fang muttered to himself. "It's tail time!" And with that, Night Fang positioned his tail near Narico's face, and wagged it hard in an attempt to snap the changeling out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" Narico questioned as he was brought back into reality. "Fang? What happened?"

"You were spacing out. And it was all over this piece of paper." Night Fang said as he picked up the paper with Abyss's number. "A phone number?" He then got a sly smile as his ears perked up a bit. "And here I was thinking you were too young to start liking girls."

"W-Well, that's just it." Narico said nervously. "She said that the last time we met was a good first date."

"That doesn't really sound like a problem." Night Fang said with a puzzled look on his face. Tilting his head to the side for emphasis. "How is that a bad thing?"

"Well, I'm wondering if I need to be a grown-up like you if I want her to keep on liking me." Narico said. "I don't even know how to do that! Technically I'm still-" Narico was cut-off when Fang turned into his wolf cub form and started snuggling him relentlessly.

"Be soothed by the snuggles." Fang said in-between the licks he got in on Narico's face. "You managed to integrate the changelings into Unity. And you helped to repel Chrysalis." Fang growled at saying the changeling queen's name. The Element of Determination still held great animosity towards the vile ruler. And each time he thought of her, he could feel something stirring, screaming within him to shred those who had wronged him to pieces. The voice sounding exactly like whatever tried to possess him a while back. But Fang quickly snapped himself out of his darker thoughts. "The point is, if she was bold enough to give you her number AFTER calling it a date, she probably likes you a lot. Typically you've gotta get her number THEN go to the date."

"Oh." Narico said as he nodded in understanding. "I didn't know there was an order to this kind of thing."

"There's no official one, but that one's the most common." Fang answered as he popped back into his normal form after jumping off of Narico. "And if she does treat you awful, just give me a dial. I'll bit her butt."

"And I'll kick it." Aria chimed in from the couch. "What? I'm a part of this house now. It means you guys are part of my business too."

"Didn't know you cared that much about me Aria." Fang said with a smirk. "I could kiss you for that."

"Maybe I'd liked it more if you did it in human form. . . " Aria mumbled to herself as she blushed. "Two words: Mouth. Wash."

". . . You're just asking me to do the puppy eyes, aren't you?" Fang asked with a raised eyebrow.

"N-No!" Aria stammered as she tightened her hold on a couch cushion. 'Dang it! He's onto me!'

"I'm. . . just gonna go make my call outside." Narico said as he picked up the slip of paper containing Abyss's number and he slowly walked out the door. "Wow. I could literally feel the attraction forming between the two. Hopefully it doesn't take Aria the length of an anime season to admit her feelings." But Narico pushed his adopted brother's love life out of his mind, and turned his attention towards developing his own as he dialed Abyss's number. "Um, hi again! I don't know if you remember me."

"Oh, you're that young king of the changelings I met a year or so back." Abyss said from the other end of the phone. "To think that it's been that long since I last saw you. How cruel of you to keep a lady waiting for so long."

"Oh my Celestia I'm sorry!" Narico panicked! His wings buzzing nervously as he tried to remedy his blunder. "I-I just needed to grow-up! I-I mean I'm still a kid mentally! I mean-!"

"Relax your highness. I was just pulling your leg." Abyss said with a giggle from her end of the line. "You look and sound so cute when you get flustered."

"R-Really?" Narico asked with a small smile as his blush deepened. "Thanks for-wait. What do you mean 'look'? I'm pretty sure you can't see me through the phone screen."

"I get excellent reception in my crystal ball." Abyss smiled as she held up a crystal orb that showed her Narico. "It's enchanted so that it shows the image of whoever I think of. The picture is especially clear when I think of someone who holds a large place in my heart. It just switched to HD when I started thinking of you when I got your call."

"So. . . are you doing anything?" Narico asked. Hopeful that she didn't have any plans.

"My son is otherwise occupied." Abyss said. "And I have the house to myself. I wouldn't mind a little lovebug paying me a visit." She then blushed in embarrassment. "Oh. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"Don't worry about it." Narico said with a chuckle. "We changelings have literal thick skin. Besides, you're not exactly wrong. Well, except for the fact I don't need to feed on love to survive."

"That explains why you weren't drooling over me when you first saw me." Abyss giggled. "Or could it be that I just left you mesmerized?"

"I didn't even ask for your name." Narico said nervously. "That's how pretty I thought you were."

"How sweet." Abyss said with a smirk. "Most people are a bit put-off by my name."

"Well, I'm not." Narico declared. "I think it's got a nice meaning to it. I wish I could tell you to your face, but it's a bit of a flight over to Castalot with my wings."

"Then how about I come to you?" Abyss asked as she pooled her magic, a dark grey in color, and teleported herself right in front of Narico. Her outfit consisting of a black skirt, and a light grey top. "So. Just what about my name is so nice?"

"Uh, well, it goes well with your hair and eyes." Narico gulped as Abyss stepped towards him. A smile ever-present on her face as she listened to him. "Your hair's a really deep black, and it contrasts your skin color nicely. It kinda gives off the good kind of darkness that comes with sleep. The kind that wraps around you like a blanket until you're ready to wake up. And your eyes are really deep too. I almost thought I fell into them when we first met."

"Well, you know what they say: Stare long enough into the abyss," Abyss said as she brushed a finger against Narico's cheek. "And it stares right back at you. And I like who's looking at me."

"S-So what do you feel like doing?" Narico asked as he blushed furiously. He was about to make some suggestions when his stomach growled.

"Something tells me the way to your heart is through your stomach." Abyss giggled. "Then again, you could call mine a bottomless pit." The couple shared a laugh, and went to get themselves some food. Narico was impressed that Abyss wasn't the least bit disappointed with eating regular food despite coming from Castalot. The city where snobs roamed the streets half the time.

"I actually prefer common food. It doesn't feel any need except filling my stomach." Abyss said as if she had read Narico's mind. "Maybe you should've ordered a king-sized portion for yourself."

"Oh, we're making jokes about my brief rule as changeling king, are we?" Narico asked with a smirk. "Maybe I should start calling you 'Mom'."

"I wish my son would have done that more." Abyss said with a wistful smile before polishing off the last of her meal. She noticed Narico's nervous expression, and smiled reassuringly. "Oh, don't trouble yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just, my son decided to cast his childhood away at a young age. I thought his recent acquisition of a girlfriend would get him to behave more casually, but it seems he's committed to his knightly or heroic image."

"Well, I guess I'm his opposite!" Narico said cheerfully. "I grew quickly, but I'm still holding onto my inner child tightly!"

"That's probably what I find most attractive about you." Abyss giggled. "You want to grow up at your own pace."

"I don't think me or any of my friends are ever gonna grow up." Narico grinned. "And I think things are for the best that way."

"Well, I've had a lovely time with you today." Abyss said with a warm smile as she put her hand on Narico's. "Say, why didn't you suggest teleporting to me?"

"Oh. Well, I kind of have no experience with magic." Narico said bashfully. "Twilight's pretty busy with being Princess of Friendship, and the guys mainly know combat or defensive magic."

"Then I'll teach you." Abyss said as she put her forehead against Narico's. "Focus on the place, or person you want to travel to. Cast the spell, and you're where you want to be."

"I think I'm already there. . . " Narico said with a blush.

"Sadly, I have to take that away for now." Abyss said with a sigh before kissing Narico on the cheek. "But I think you could easily remedy that. Just be sure to call before you do." And she vanished in a flash of magic. However, upon her return, she noticed a familiar figure waiting for her.

"You certainly seem elated mother." Blitz Surge answered as he stepped forward. "The last time you were so filled with joy, it was when you recounted the time you spent with father before my birth. Have you finally rekindled your bond with him, and cast out the witch that claims to be his wife? Especially after the error's passing?"

"You do realize that you disrespect him by saying such things." Abyss said crossly. "The loss of a child, of a dear friend, is not something that is easily recovered from."

"They waste their time." Blitz said with a frown. "The anomaly was just a child playing hero. He had no idea what it took to make a true hero. Or how one would act. He was a disgrace to father's legacy. And I have more of father in me than either him, or Shining Dawn."

"You should stop calling him 'anomaly' or 'error'." Abyss scolded. "And he actually put an end to the threats as they rose. If anyone is at fault for not taking their chance, it's you son."

"This conversation has derailed me long enough." Blitz Surge shook his head. "Tell me. Did you find the absorbance spell?"

"I did." Abyss said as she levitated a piece of paper over to Blitz Surge. "Simply enchant your sword with it, and it will absorb any power that strikes it."

"You have my thanks mother." Blitz Surge said with a smirk as he took the spell. "With this, harmony shall soon be in my hands. . . "