• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 463 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 463

Episode 6: Strength of Spirit

"Another satisfied customer." Adagio said to herself as she watched the last entrant into Carousel Boutique. She'd found a semblance of happiness since returning home. And she truly enjoyed working at the boutique as her centuries of fashion sense gave her an eye for outfits. Plus, it was always enjoyable talking to Rarity about whatever trends or new designs she had in the works. "I must say, Rarity, you're quite the seamstress. Your mending skills are so good I couldn't even tell there were tears in the first place of some of the garments you've patched up."

"You flatter me Adagio." Rarity said with a smile. "Of course, I've had some practice mending Inferno's clothes from minor battle damage. If he's going to save the day, he might as well do it looking good."

"And I bet all those instances gave you plenty of chances to get a good look at him." Adagio said with a devious smile. Though she might not have been evil anymore, she still enjoyed a bit of mischief. "And he's probably gotten more than a good look at you too."

"Oh, he certainly has." Rarity said with a smirk. "He couldn't tear himself away from me even if he wanted to." She then smiled fondly as she remembered the night following Lance Slayer's defeat at the hands of Inferno Flare. "And couldn't have left his arms even if I had to."

"Glad to hear you love me that much." Inferno said with a grin as he teleported to Rarity in a column of flame. "Miss me gorgeous?"

"Not when I know that you'll be with me in an instant." Rarity said with a loving smile as she wrapped her arms around Inferno's neck. "You're always at my side whenever I seem to want you, darling."

"I've got to keep my treasure radiant, don't I?" Inferno asked as he returned the loving smile before going in for a kiss. "Hope I didn't crash your conversation, Rarity. And it's good to see you in a better mood Ms. Dazzle. From what Venus told me, you were pretty down in the dumps and packing a pretty bad attitude."

"It's more my own fault than anyone else's." Adagio said with a sigh. "The truth of my situation is that I've got no one to blame but myself. My actions led to me and my sisters getting banished, and they led to the loss of their voices. But in the end, maybe it's all for the best. I never really put much effort into my life before, and just coasted off of charming people into adoring me."

"Well, take it from the Element of Potential." Inferno said with an encouraging smile. "Effort goes a long way. And in the end, you just might find yourself coming out as something better than you were before."

"Wise words." Adagio said with a polite nod. "Take care lovebirds." And with that, Adagio took her leave. As she left, Adagio took a few minutes to reflect on herself.

"I always had a sort of 'lead' over my sisters." Adagio thought out loud. "They always said I had probably the most spirit out of them. I certainly gave that bearded geezer one hell of a fight when he banished us. But I guess that's one of my biggest weaknesses. First my defiant spirit gets us booted from Unity, and then it leads to us losing our voices." Adagio took a seat on a nearby bench, and sighed. "And then there's the one guy who's spirit probably rivals mine. Not giving up on me, and pushing me to get my life together. I don't think I've met someone so full of life. He puts his spirit into everything he does."

"Something on your mind?" A woman asked as she took a seat next to Adagio. The woman had green-and-brown hair, yellow skin, and was wearing a dress in a shade of green like that of lush flora. "It may not be my business, but it always helps to have someone listen. Even if they can't help you out a lot."

"I think I'll take you up on that." Adagio said. "I'm just stuck dealing with this guy I know. I was in. . . a fairly rough spot when he took me in. I was angry at the whole world for what went wrong in my life, and refused to do anything but sit around his house and sulk. My sisters always said I had the most spirit out of our group, but I never put it into any of what I did. Can't really call that being alive, I guess." A bitter chuckle escaped Adagio's throat. "I only came to that realization after the guy gave a mini-speech to me. With every word he spoke to me, I could feel how much life he put into them. I'm both thankful to him, and a bit. . . nervous."

"Oh?" The woman tilted her head in interest. "And why is that?"

"This guy. . . " Adagio said with a sigh. "I can't help but get this tight feeling in my chest when he's around. It'd be so easy just to say that to his face, but my spirit refuses to concede that so easily. But what really hits me hard is the fact I want to get a bit closer to him."

"Maybe the root of your problem is actually the solution." The woman suggested with a knowing smile. "Perhaps your proud spirit is what he finds the most appealing about you. You said it yourself that he helped you realize what it is to put effort into your life."

"Hey Mom!" Venus Bloomer called out to the woman Adagio was sitting next to! A bouquet of flowers in his hands, and a bright smile on his face as he handed it to his mother. "It's so good to see you! Oh, I see you've met Adagio! Adagio, this is my mother. Rosemary Bloomer."

"You're not going to introduce me to your lady friend, son?" A man next to Venus asked. He had tan skin, dark brown hair, and was dressed in a dark blue shit and jeans. "I'm Ironwood. Pleased to meet you, young lady."

"I should be saying that to you given the time I've been around." Adagio playfully responded. "We were just talking about you, Venus. You know, I never properly thanked you for your help. So I think it's time that I rectified that. Would you mind coming closer?"

"Not at all." Venus said with a shrug. "So what'd you have in mi-MPH!" Venus was silenced as Adagio kissed him right on the lips! Venus Bloomer's entire body went stiff at receiving such affection, but that didn't mean he enjoyed it any less. "A-Adagio. . . "

"You earned that, Venus." Adagio said with a sultry tone. "Is there anything else you'd like from me?"

". . . Tell me about yourself." Venus said with a blissful smile. "I'd like to know more about the girl that gave me such a lively kiss."

"Are you sure?" Adagio asked with a flirty smile. "We could be together for hours on end."

"I don't think I could ask for better company." Venus shot back with a smile of his own.

'This could be the start of something wonderful. . . ' Adagio thought to herself. "Then let's take this somewhere more intimate."

"Ah. Young love." Rosemary said with a sigh as she rested her head against Ironwood's shoulder. "Such a beautiful thing when it starts to bloom, isn't it darling?" Silence was the only reply she received, but her husband's eyes gave her all the answer she needed.