• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 463 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 463

Episode 7: Taking the Lead

Inferno Flare was inspecting his Duelist Arms. Making sure that they were in top condition before getting into his training. The other Elements of Heroism had gathered. Each of them inspecting their weapons too. With the number of times Chrysalis had resurfaced, none of them were willing to take any chances. While a few of their number could trounce the changeling queen quite easily, even without their weaponry, it was no excuse for them to neglect their equipment. The entire team felt it was only a matter of time before they would be faced with the mutant changelings again.

"So what are the chances Chrysalis is going to send those creeps against us?" Akage asked as he inspected his blade. "She sent them out so frequently because she believed they'd be a match for us. Something we've disproved in every clash we've had with them."

"Not to mention their numbers have decreased since Silk Snare, Constrictor, and Carapace defected." Steel Edge added as he polished his shield. "But that's still no excuse for us to get comfortable. Whatever Blade, Stinger and Needle lack in numbers, they make up for in brutality and craziness."

"Tell me about it!' Dark Ice chimed in. "Stinger's tried to skewer me on his scorpion tail more times than any of us can count! The jerk was grinning like a maniac. He probably enjoyed trying to kill us!"

"Then we've got Needle who kept spamming his explosive stingers." Arctic Ace said with a sigh. "I'm so happy I have ice magic now. I could just trap him in a gigantic ice block and that'd be it." He then turned his attention to Inferno. "But if any of us have the best chance of trashing those pests, it'd be you Inferno. Given how you scorched Chrysalis so easily when she decided to stir up trouble in town not too long ago."

"Let those creeps come." Inferno said with a determined gaze. "If they want to get a shot at any of you, they're going to have to get past me first."

"Aw, glad to hear you remember us so fondly! You're all on Queen Chrysalis's mind as well. So she sent us to pay you a little visit!" Blade sneered as he, Stinger, and Needle landed. Some noticeable changes were that Stinger's tail looked more vicious and seemed to be channeling energy, and that Needle now had a forearm blade that looked similar to his explosive stinger launcher. But the most drastic change was with Blade. He now sported a town cape with a hood. He still possessed his scythe, and was now sporting spiked knuckle weapons with sickle-like blades attached to them holstered at his sides. Blade still had the scar Burst Stream gave him by using his own scythe against him. "Though the name Blade doesn't work for me any more. Call me. . . Edge."

". . . Pffft! Ah ha ha ha!" Inferno laughed. "First you decide to use an impractical weapon, and now you choose to actually name yourself what you were acting like? I'm tempted to call you pizza cutter because you're all edge and no point."

"Oh, I have plenty of points to stick to you!" Edge said with a malicious grin! "Stinger! Let's show him what kind of firepower we're packing now!"

"Heh, heh!" Stinger cackled as the tip of his tail began to gather energy! "Let's see how you all deal with losing a leader again!" And Stinger fired a massive energy blast from his tail aimed right at Inferno! Inferno just gazed defiantly at the blast, and let it hit him! The mutant changelings had wicked grins on their faces as they saw smoke billow towards the sky from where Inferno stood! But their grins soon turned to jaws dropped in shock as Inferno broke through the smoke! Gently dusting himself off as he hardened his gaze towards the mutant changelings!

"Maybe you assholes haven't been paying attention." Inferno said as he stepped towards the mutant changelings! The villains taking a big step backwards for every step that Inferno took! "I'm an Avatar now. Meaning that I've reached immortality and have god-level strength. And you all thought it was a good idea to try and piss me off by threatening my home and friends? Trying to scare them with the thought of losing me?" A bright red glow was coming off of Inferno's sword! Slowly but surely, it was morphing into something new!

"Congratulations!" Inferno screamed as his Duelist Arm transformed in a burst of flame! In place of the standard sword, it now looked more mechanical in design! The hilt was based on a dragon's head while the blade resembled a dragon's wing! The sword's handle resembled that of a motorcycle's, and Inferno wasted no time in revving it up! The blade igniting into flames when he did so! "You've got my attention! So now I'll show you how much of a leader I've become!"

Inferno shot straight towards the trio of villains! Stinger lashed at Inferno with his tail, but his stinger failed to penetrate Inferno's dragon scale skin! Inferno capitalized on Stinger being stunned to grab a hold of his tail and slam him hard into the ground! Needle lunged at Inferno with his stinger blade, but Inferno ducked under the blade and sent him flying with a charged shot from his blaster! Leaving the wasp mutant changeling as a smoking pile!

"FORGET SOMEONE?!" Edge screamed as he leaped towards Inferno! His scythe poised to strike at Inferno's back! But Inferno was too quick and back-flipped over Edge as he made his swing! The blade of his scythe stuck in the ground! "What?!"

As Edge struggled to remove his scythe's blade, Inferno powered up his magic into his left hand, and sent out a volley of three fireballs with a wave of his hand! Each one set Edge ablaze for minute before Inferno teleported right up to Edge! Slashing him across the chest and firing off a meteor point-blank! Forcing the preying mantis mutant changeling to land in the pile of his beaten comrades!

"Keep in mind: I could have ended this fight a lot sooner by having the others join in." Inferno said in a fiery tone as he approached the pile of scorched mutants who were staggering to their feet. "But I chose to fight you three on my own. Because I wanted you to know what happens to people that threaten those that I care about. You provoke the sleeping dragon," Inferno raised his sword! "AND YOU GET BURNED BY ITS AWAKENED RAGE! DRAGON BLAZE!" Inferno brought his sword down, and a flaming dragon projection flew out from the blade! Biting down on the mutant changelings and exploding! The explosion was so great that their emergency teleport spells triggered from the damage they'd taken!

"Now that's a hot finisher." Inferno said with a nod as he turned to face his friends. "If anyone else tries to give us trouble, they're gonna get burned!"

However, Inferno's victory was noticed by another figure. Blitz Surge smirked down at the scene as he gripped his katana.

"We'll see about that." Blitz Surge said as he turned his attention to the Everfree Forest. "Though you have potential, it shall be justice that leads in the end."