• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 464 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 464

Episode 16: March of the Malefic Mechs

Shadow was minding his own business when he got an alert on his communicator. Both he and Night Fang dropping what they were doing so they could answer the call.

"What's up Nightfall?" Shadow asked as he answered his communicator. "Are you calling to show off the new security system you put in Twilight's castle?"

"As much as I'd like to demonstrate that, I've actually come to show you all some tools that'll help us." Nightfall answered from the other end. "Come as soon as you can. Wouldn't want to inconvenience any of you."

"On our way." Night Fang answered as he and Shadow hung up. The two made their way over to the Castle of Friendship where Nightfall was waiting for them with a proud smile. "So what've you whipped up this time, Nightfall?"

"I'm glad you asked." Nightfall said excitedly as he pulled out what looked like a small sensor array. "After I put in Twilight's security system, I got the idea to make detection system for us to use. It picks up on any villain activity or monsters that decide to rampage, and I can send out alerts and figure out which of our members are best suited to the job!"

"That's great Nightfall, but there's one slight problem." Steel Edge mentioned. "Just where are you going to set your operations room up? I know Twilight's castle has plenty of room, and you've practically set yourself up there, but all of us in that one castle?"

"That brings me to my second proposition!" Nightfall grinned! However, his enthusiastic grin faltered for a moment. "It's kinda silly though."

"Don't be afraid to share with us." Akage said with a reassuring smile. "If being Pinkie Pie's boyfriend has taught me, it's to never turn down any suggestion. Even if it sounds ridiculous."

"Well, here goes nothing." Nightfall said before taking a deep breath. "I was thinking we could build a headquarters or base here in Unityville. That way we can have a place to train at, and readily deploy from. Plus, it'd be the ultimate hangout for us! And, I might have wanted to have our own Power Rangers-style command center."

"Dude, this sounds awesome!" Inferno cheered! "Heck, I'm surprised you didn't build one for us earlier!"

"Just because I built my armor doesn't mean I'm an expert in constructing buildings." Nightfall said sheepishly. "So anyway-"

"What are all of you doing assembled?" Blitz Surge interrupted crossly. "Why was I not informed of this meeting?"

"You don't have a communicator." Nightfall said as he gestured to the watch-like device on his wrist. "Besides, something tells me you don't think a sensor alarm to alert us to threats or establishing a base/command center would be necessary."

"Your little clubhouse does sound so juvenile." Blitz Surge huffed. He soon smiled. "A fortress would be more appropriate for a true group of heroes. All who would stand against me would know I'm not to be trifled with!"

"Ever the arrogant one, aren't one?" Inferno frowned at Blitz Surge's attitude. "You mention a team, and then proceed to make it all about you? I'm starting to see less and less reasons to keep you on as an Element of Heroism."

"Do you think I'm not a hero because I don't possess one of your trivial tattoos?" Blitz Surge scoffed.

"Our Hero Crests have nothing to do with that." Dark Ice growled. "We earned them because we awakened the element of a hero that we represent."

"A mark you are unworthy of." Blitz Surge said with a disgusted tone as he stared down Dark Ice.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Dark Ice snapped as he stomped over to Blitz Surge! "After all I've gone through, how can you even say that seriously?!"

"What you have endured is precisely why you aren't worthy of being called a hero." Blitz Surge said as he hardened his glare! "You sided with the Nightmare Forces, and led multiple attacks on this town, didn't you? Your past actions alone disqualify you for being a hero. All because you were so afraid of facing punishment. Disgraceful. A true hero has no fear. That is what makes them courageous!"

"You thinking being without any fear is courage?!" Dark Ice shouted. "Of all the bullshit you've spouted since coming here-!"

"ENOUGH!" Inferno snapped at the two. "Ice. You know what he's saying is completely wrong. All of us couldn't agree more on that. But you don't need to prove a thing to this jerk. You KNOW you've got real courage ever since you dove in to save Ace from being executed." He then turned his raging, fiery gaze to Blitz Surge! "As for you, you had no right to say that. I don't know what kind of privileges you have as a member of this team, but I'll tell you right now that they don't exist! We've never had any of our group try to stir up trouble within our ranks, and I refuse to retain any members who would! You're adding fuel to a fire, Blitz, and if you keep it up you can consider yourself kicked out! Do you understand?"

". . . Yes, leader." Blitz Surge said begrudgingly. "But let me also inform you of something: My day is soon coming. And when it does, you would do well not to raise your weapons against me. That goes for all of you."

"Keep digging that hole, Blitz Surge." Inferno said with a frown as he conjured a fireball in his hand. "It'll become a grave in the end."

"Uh, excuse me?" Nightfall asked nervously. "You guys seem to be having a moment, so. . . "

"There's no need to be panicky about this, Nightfall." Tyrannus said as he placed a reassuring hand on Nightfall's shoulder. "Don't let Blitz being unpleasant ruin the rest of the day. Come on! Let's see that sensor get up and running!"

"Right." Nightfall said with a nod and a small smile. "Ty? Help me position it." In a matter of minutes, the sensor was set up. "Okay guys! Now let's flip the switch on this sucker!" Nightfall pressed a few keys on his pad, and the sensor was online! "Great! Now if-What?!" Nightfall looked down at his screen in shock!

"Nightfall? What's wrong?" Venus Bloomer asked. "Why'd you freak out?"

"Guys," Nightfall turned the screen so that it was facing the rest of the team! "We've got contacts. Lots of them. And they're heading right for town."

"Not if we have anything to say about it." Steel Edge declared as he and the rest of the Elements of Heroism summoned their weapons! "Your orders, Inferno?"

"Let's greet our unwanted guests." Inferno said with a nod as he led the Elements of Heroism to the outskirts of town! "No matter what, don't let any of them get through!"

As soon as the band of heroes reached the outskirts, they were met with their enemy. A horde of strange black-and-white mechanical soldiers that had drills and other various weapons for hands greeted their sight, and Starlight Glimmer stood before the horde with her mask removed.

"Well, well. At last I get to meet the famous Elements of Heroism." Starlight Glimmer said with a smirk. "I was hoping for the Elements of Harmony. Twilight Sparkle and I have a great deal of unfinished business to attend to."

"You're not going to get within an inch of her." Nightfall declared as he summoned his suit of armor! Equipping it without delay! "I'll make sure of that!"

"How sweet. You're her knight in shining armor." Starlight cooed mockingly as she donned her mask. "Well, since you all came to play with your toys, I'll show you my own!" Starlight waved her arm out! "ATTACK, MALEFIC MECHS!"

And the horde of robots charged forth, the Elements of Heroism wasted no time in sending them all to the scrapheap! Dark Ice executed massive swings with his claymore, cleaving squads of drones within mere seconds! Arctic Ace was using his ice magic to the fullest by freezing a wave of drones solid and promptly shattering them while trapped in the icy prison! Ty was ripping and tearing through the drones with his bare hands and his raptor claw gauntlets, but not before he decimated waves of minions with his cannon!

Steel Edge was slashing his way through the ranks of Malefic Mechs! Any that tried to find an opening quickly received a sword construct to their core for their troubles! The ring of sword constructs Steel had conjured with his magic circled around him protectively as he literally walked through his enemies! Cutting down any that had tried to avoid the ring of swords by attacking from above!

Venus Bloomer was making good use of his whip to entangle his enemies and use them as a flail of sorts. Taking out enemies by using one their own as a weapon against them! Night Fang, on the other hand, was getting up close and personal with the mechs! Tearing into them with his clawed gauntlet!

Nightfall wasted no time in rendering the mechs advancing upon him to slag with the strident blasters on his hands! He soon tired of taking out drones one at a time, so he activated one of the new features Twilight had helped him add to his armor. A wrist-mounted laser that was incredibly precise, and could cut through most materials with now problem! Without hesitation, Nightfall fired his laser through lines of Malefic Mechs! Dropping them with little effort! However, that's when the tide of battle turned.

"ARTILLERY!" Starlight screamed! And at her command, the Malefic Mechs seemed to melt into puddles and congregate into a massive line of cannons and other heavy projectile weaponry! Some of the singular mechs forming cannons for arms, or sprouting ones from their chests! "FIRE!"

Nightfall raised his left arm, and a small mechanical array popped out! The array began to spin and generate an energy shield around Nightfall! Safeguarding him from the energy blast the cannon he was staring down!

Steel wasted in time in casting a shield spell around his comrades while Tyrannus slammed his fists into the ground and raised a barrier of earth to intercept the hail of firepower screaming at his friends! Ace summoned a wall of ice to further add to the defense of their comrades! While they may have been Avatars, they were still very much conscious of the fact a good number of their team were still mortals.

"You want firepower?" Inferno cried out as he powered up his magic! "HAVE SOME OF MINE!" And Inferno shot out a massive blast of flame that engulfed the hail of projectiles Starlight's newly formed artillery! Not even ashes remained after Inferno's flames died out. "I'd say 'you and what army', but your forces just went up in smoke."

Starlight was about to respond when Blitz Surge struck her with the same attack he'd unleashed upon her before! Though Starlight was familiar with it, that didn't mean it hurt any less the second time around!

"I won't kill you." Blitz Surge said as he advanced on Starlight Glimmer! "But I'll-ARGH!" Blitz howled in pain as a lance of light struck his side! Shadow Thunder was glaring at him before flying towards Starlight with his spear poised to strike her head! And Shadow's spear struck to. It hit Starlight's mask dead-center.

"It's over, Starlight." Shadow said as he moved his spear away from the petrified Magi's face. Starlight's eyes in complete shock and fearful as her mask broke into pieces "Your forces are destroyed. You're outnumbered. And you're facing literal gods among our team. For your own good, leave of turn yourself in."

"This fight's yours." Starlight growled as her fear was quickly replaced by anger at having been bested so thoroughly! "But I will be back!" She then looked to her destroyed mask. "HE will-What?!" Starlight watched in horror as the remnants of her mask seemed to crackle with black-and-green energy and soon disintegrate! "No, NO! You told me that you needed me! You said I wouldn't be alone!"

"Starlight. . . " Shadow reached out with his hand, but Starlight swatted it away!

"AAUUUUUUGGGHHH!" Starlight screamed as she teleported away in a massive discharge of magic! Leaving the Elements of Heroism stunned at the display!

"Starlight." Shadow said to himself as he stared at where the pieces of Starlight's mask had been. "Just who made you this way? And how far back does it go?"