• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 462 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 462

Episode 10: Reflect, Regret, Reunion

Shadow Thunder let out a sigh as he laid back on a cloud. It had only been a little while after his solo-mission, and despite freeing the village and thwarting Starlight Glimmer's plans, Shadow felt like he'd failed. Within Starlight, he could sense a great amount of conflict in addition to great sorrow and anger. All of that made for an unhealthy combination considering how crazed Starlight was in bringing about "equality" for all.

"What could have made her like that?" Shadow thought out loud as he reflected on his brief clash with Starlight. "She's hurting so much, and she blames Talent Crests as the source of all her problems like a petulant child. And now she probably blames Twilight and the Elements of Harmony. Along with me." Shadow looked up to the sky sadly.

"Some Element of Compassion I turned out to be." Shadow said with a defeated tone in his voice. "Someone was hurting real bad, even more than everyone else in that village."

"What's got you down, Shadow?" Arctic Ace asked as he landed on a nearby cloud. "Fang said that you'd closed up the cosplay shop today. That's pretty unlike you."

"You and Ice seem to know when I'm troubled." Shadow said as he sat up. "Why?"

"We're your older brothers. It's our job to know." Ace stated as he crossed his arms with a proud smile. "Now then, what's got you in the dumps?"

"Well, I managed to find out the cause of what was wrong in that village the girls were summoned to." Shadow began as he gathered some bits of the cloud and formed a pillow out of it. "The person behind it all, Starlight Glimmer, she was projecting her pain onto everyone else. She made her issues everyone else's. I'm not saying she was in the right at all, or that the lengths she went to were understandable. What she did was wrong. Plain and simple. But at the same time, I wanted to help her heal. What she did to those people wouldn't have made the pain go away, or even remotely lessen it. I just. . . I just wanted to save her from what she is. Or even worse, what she could become."

"Just like how you helped bring Ice back to his senses." Arctic Ace said with a nod. "That's very compassionate of you Shadow. You wouldn't be the Element of Compassion otherwise. But you need to know that you haven't done anything wrong. You haven't failed. Starlight made her own choice when she decided to turn tail and run. It wasn't that you didn't try hard enough. Rather, it's the fact she refused to admit that she's wrong. I can understand where you're coming from, Shadow, but don't be hard on yourself. Ice is already hard on himself for the three of us."

"Heh, heh! Yeah!" Shadow said with a small smile. "Thanks bro. I feel a bit better now."

"Good." Ace said with a smile as he ruffled Shadow's hair. "Now let's get back to ground level. Can't have our heads in the clouds all day."

"Rainbow Dash does." Shadow retorted. "Have you seen her house?"

"That one was too easy." Ace chuckled as the two landed on the ground. "And I wouldn't worry about seeing Starlight again. If our past experience with villains is anything to go by, we'll more than likely be seeing her more."

"Oh, how sweet." A familiar voice called out as a figure stepped out clad in a black-and-white mask (Paradox's mask from Bonds Beyond Time) and a cloak with the same patterns as the mask on it stepped through a sickly green portal that was crackling with black bolts of energy. "It's so nice to know that you've missed me Shadow. I've been thinking about you all this time too."

"Starlight?" Shadow asked in shock! "What happened to you?! What's with that mask?!"

"This?" Starlight Glimmer said with an evil smile underneath her mask. "This mask is what made me see why I was left to be alone. It spoke to me in my despair, and gave me comfort. And it showed me the truth. That by making all in this world equal, no one shall ever know the loneliness or pain that I carry!"

"That's wrong!" Shadow shot back! "We're not meant to all be the same Starlight! It's like I said before: we all have our differences in common! Maybe we'll feel pain when we grow apart from people, but that pain means that you care about them! I know that better than anyone because my brother ran away from home when Ace and I were kids! It hurt more than I could ever imagine, but I accepted it because it meant that he was a part of my life that I cherished! You're only hurting yourself by continuing down this path, Starlight! Please! Let me help you! I know how bad you're hurting, I can see it in your heart! I can still hear the part of you that's crying for help!"

"You want to 'help' me? 'Save' me?" Starlight scoffed! "Then suffer! For disrupting the harmony I had bestowed, for destroying my perfect equality!" Starlight tossed aside her cloak to reveal armor that conformed to her body that was styled after her mask! As she powered up her magic, sickly black-and-green arcs of energy crackled around her regular turquoise magic! "PERISH!"

Shadow was about to summon his Duelist Arm when Arctic Ace formed a wall of ice that tanked the magic blast! With the wall destroyed, Shadow readied his now materialized Duelist Arm to block a swipe from Starlight! The fingers on her armor's gauntlets sharpening into claws!

"You need to stop this, Starlight!" Shadow pleaded as he parried each of Starlight's claw swipes! "I don't know what made you like this, but you don't have to keep it to yourself! Talk to me! Tell us where it all began for you! We'll listen!"

"SHUT UP!" Starlight screamed as she leaped away from Shadow! "You and that damn goddess Twilight Sparkle both have such tightly connected friends! None of you could understand what I've been through!" Starlight thrust out her arms, and her armor seemed to gauntlets slithered around to form a gigantic cannon! "NOBODY CAN!" And she fired out a massive blast of sickly green energy!

Ace summoned his shield and channeled the aegis shield spell through it to boos this defense while Shadow plunged the handle side of his spear into the ground and a ray of light enveloped him! Starlight's blast hit its target, but neither of them took any damage thanks to their strong defenses!

"So you survived my blast. Fine!" Starlight hissed as her gauntlets shifted into arm blades! "I WANTED TO GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH YOU, SHADOW!" But before Starlight could even get withing slashing distance, a slash of rainbow-colored energy ripped through Starlight from behind! Making her scream in agony! "AAAAUUUGH!" Starlight's armor looked like it was writhing in pain as well! Smoke coming from her body!

"So it appears a new villain has decided to make her first appearance." Blitz Surge remarked as he approached the sprawled out form of Starlight Glimmer. "Her first and last mistake." And Blitz raised his katana to strike down Starlight! However, his blade was intercepted by Shadow's spear! "What are you doing?"

"Stop this!" Shadow snapped in Blitz Surge's face! "She's already beaten! That attack you did seriously damaged her! If you hit her again, she could've died!"

"I don't see any problem with that." Blitz Surge frowned. "She attacked you, and made it very clear that she intended to kill you. And yet you waste your time showing mercy to her in spite her actions. Why bother with such a useless gesture?"

"Because that's what makes us better than the evil we're supposed to fight against!" Shadow countered! "What good is a hero if they don't have any compassion?!" As Starlight saw Shadow arguing against Blitz, she took the chance to escape through a portal she opened. Shadow breathing a sigh of relief as he caught sight of her in his peripheral vision.

"You are mistaken." Blitz Surge said coldly as he noticed Starlight's escape. "Not to mention too soft to be a true hero. A real hero strikes down the wicked without mercy."

"No, you're mistaken." Arctic Ace said with an icy glare. "All that shows is that you're just as ruthless as what you claim to fight against. I don't know what Princess Luna sees in you, but it certainly doesn't warrant you being a member of our team. Inferno should have kicked you out the second you officially joined."

"Now, now." Blitz Surge said with a smirk. "You wouldn't want to upset one of your rulers, would you? I don't think fair Luna would take too kindly to your exclusion of me. However, I have more important matters than you that warrant my attention. I have a reunion of my own to attend."

Blitz Surge powered up his magic, and teleported into Aether Stream's home! Aether was immediately on guard when he saw Blitz Surge, and flared his magic to life! It's pure white aura covering his hands!

"At long last we meet, father." Blitz Surge said with a smile. "Mother told me much about you."

"Who. The hell. Are you." Aether demanded. "I have only made two children. One a literal bastard, and another who I raised and am proud to call my son."

"Ah, yes. Shining Dawn and Burst Stream." Blitz said with a nod. "But surely you remember my mother, Abyss Light?"

". . . I remember." Aether cut off his magic and crossed his arms. "She helped console me after Rising Dawn broke my heart. I was fond of her, but I felt no romantic attraction towards her. I NEVER became that intimate with her. There's no way you could be my child!"

"But didn't you leave a little piece of yourself with me?" Abyss asked as she stepped through a portal into Aether's home, and held out a locket. One that made Aether's eyes widen upon seeing it. "I combined it with a little piece of myself. And the result was my, no, our son."

"By Faust. . . " Aether said in complete shock.

"Now that I have made myself known, you no longer need to pretend, Father." Blitz Surge smiled as he gestured to Lumina. "You can leave that woman behind, and be with Mother and I! We can be the family you were meant to have!"

"Blitz!" Abyss scolded! But Blitz Surge brushed her aside! "Son, stop. NOW."

"And I will be a better son than that pitiful excuse Burst Stream ever was!" Blitz declared triumphantly! "As I am the one, TRUE son of Aether!" Silence reigned for a whole minute as nobody moved a muscle, or spoke a word. Until Aether broke the silence by taking a deep breath.

"Get out." Aether commanded with a hard glare at Blitz Surge. "Now."

"I. . . what?" Blitz Surge was confused! Why was his father upset at him? "I don't understand! I am the only child you have left! That makes me your true son by default!"

"No. It doesn't." Aether growled. "I recognize you as my child. I accept my role in bringing you into this world. But you are NOT my son. I had a son. My ONLY son. And he sacrificed himself for the people, for the world that he loved. And I could never be more proud of him."

"And he failed!" Blitz Surge snapped! "He didn't even take Tirek with him! How can you call that disgrace, that pathetic fool who simply played hero, your son?!"

"ENOUGH!" Aether roared! His aura bursting to life as his eyes went pure white! "YOUR ARROGANCE AND DISRESPECT APPALLS ME, BOY! FIRST YOU INSULT MY WIFE, AND THEN YOU DISRESPECT THE SON I LOST?! ARE YOU WITHOUT ANY SHAME?! LEAVE MY SIGHT! YOU AND YOUR MOTHER! I HELD NO PART IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE. BUT AFTER THIS BEHAVIOR, I CAN SAY THAT I MISSED NOTHING. NOW BEGONE! THIS IS NO REQUEST. IT'S A DEMAND."

"No. . . this isn't what's supposed to happen!" Blitz snapped! "I'm the hero! You should be welcoming me with open arms! Celebrating my grand return!"

"You both need to do as my husband says." Lumina said with a cold glare directed at both Blitz and Abyss. "If you're too lazy to use the door, teleport yourselves out. Now." And the pair teleported out of Aether's home.

"If you refuse to acknowledge me now, father," Blitz Surge said as he teleported into his room, and glared at a picture of Burst Stream leading the Elements of Heroism. "Then you will once I take the position that disgrace occupied. . . "