• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 463 Views, 102 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 5 - Bahamut0



They may have lost their original leader, but the Elements of Heroism still carry on their duty as the defenders of Unity. However, a new player has entered. Who is he? And why does he claim he is "the true son of Aether"?

  • ...
6
 102
 463

Episode 26: Never Alone Part 2

For a moment, the whole battlefield seemed to freeze in place. All the members of both teams of elements felt shock, sorrow, and anger all at once when they saw Shadow's chest pierced by Paradox's blades. The Lancers, with the exception of Ronin and Nova, didn't care. Starlight in particular was looking on in horror when she saw Shadow fall to the ground on his knees right in front of her. But the worst part of it all was that he wasn't dead yet. Mustering what little life he had left in him, Shadow staggered to his feet with an exhausted smile directed at Starlight.

"Good. . . you're alright. . . " Shadow said weakly. The smile he had on his face making it look even more painful for him. "I'm glad."

"But you're not!" Starlight cried as Shadow rested his head against the glass! "How many times. . . how many times am I going to lose someone close to me?!"

"You. . . think we're close, huh?" Shadow weakly smiled. "That's good. . . glad I helped you let people in again. Heh. . . even got to see you happy. That was nice."

"Shadow. . . " Tears began to fall from Starlight's eyes. "Thank you so much. For everything."

"How touching." Paradox said with a sneer as he descended to the ground, and advanced towards the dying Shadow Thunder. "A confession between lovers right before their inevitable end." And he ruthlessly pulled his weapon from Shadow's chest! "Looks like my battery still has some juice in her. Don't worry." Paradox's hands glowed with the black-and-green aura of his magic! "I'll soon fix that!"

"MONSTER!" Dark Ice screamed as he cleaved through Malefic minions with his claymore! Righteous anger, and a hunger for payback burning throughout his entire being! His sword's blade igniting alongside his own temper as he slashed ferociously through the horde of enemies in front of him! "YOU'LL PAY, YOU HEAR ME?! I'LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR TAKING MY BABY BROTHER FROM US! I'LL DRAG YOU TO TARTARUS MYSELF!"

"Not alone, you won't." Arctic Ace said with an icy glare directed at Paradox! A cold fury radiating from the Element of Wisdom as he used ice spells to immobilize and trap Malefic Minions, and shatter them immediately afterwards! "I'm going to make sure this bastard's frozen in place!"

"Keep pouring it on, everyone!" Twilight cried out as she fired massive blasts of magic at the enemies surrounding her and the rest of the Main 6! "Now's a good time to cut loose!"

And they held nothing back as they tore their way through Paradox's forces! Rarity was reflecting the barrages of enemy artillery with a gem-like shield construct she'd made out of her magic! Using the enemy's firepower against them! Pinkie Pie used balloon-like orbs of magic that exploded when they struck enemies, and she also made a cluster variant of the same spell that spread out and knocked enemies all over the place! Not wanting to waste the opportunity provided to her, Rainbow Dash hurled her boomerang and created a miniature tornado that whipped through Paradox's forces! While the minions were launched into the air, Rainbow Dash tore through them with her boomerang's blade before she rained down lightning from above!

"Whoa." Applejack said in awe as she saw her now-goddess-level friends taking apart Paradox's forces like they were nothing! "Well, can't let 'em have all the fun!" And she went right back to shooting down more airborne enemies with Magnet North at her back. "Havin' fun, sugarcube?"

"Time of my life, love!" Magnet North smirked as he let loose burst after burst from his shot-blaster! Any enemies trying to get close were ripped apart and knocked due to North setting his blaster to it's red repulsion shot mode. "These are probably some of the more annoying third-wheels to deal with, though. Either they're swarming us, dive bombing us, contorting themselves into artillery, or merging and growing into giants!"

Meanwhile, Tyrannus was acting like a tank for Fluttershy. Out of all the elements members who'd ascended into avatars, Ty was by far the one with the most defense. Whatever hits the Malefic Minions landed on him didn't faze him in the least. If anything, they merely irritated him. The Element of Tolerance was definitely living up to his name due to how much aggression he'd earned from Paradox's forces. However, Ty was like a tank in more ways than one. He could take a lot of hits, and deal out hits that were even more devastating. And he dealt them out with extreme prejudice. Ripping and tearing through the horde of enemies with his raptor claw arm blades before blowing huge holes in their numbers with his cannon!

When the enemies surrounding Ty were wiped out, he felt the familiar sensation of Fluttershy's healing staff working away what little damage he'd taken. Ty smiled as he saw Fluttershy smiling down at him from his shoulders.

"I wasn't that hurt, you know." Ty said with a chuckle.

"I know." Fluttershy nodded. "But I don't like seeing my snuggle partner roughed up. Now let's go help level the rest of these meanies!"

Spike, in the meantime, was in a circle with Night Fang and Venus Bloomer! Shooting down enemies from a distance while Fang and Venus took care of any that tried to get close! Steel Edge and Nightfall Silver were fighting in the skies! Shooting or cutting down the Malefic Minions that had taken to the air! At the same time, Inferno plunged his sword into the ground! Sending out a massive wave of fire that incinerated the enemies it crashed into, and opening up a path to Paradox!

"Ice! Ace!" Inferno called out! "We'll deal with all the stragglers! You guys take the fight to Paradox, and get him back for Shadow!"

"You don't gotta tell us twice!" Dark Ice roared as he and Arctic Ace charged at Paradox! "PARADOOOOOOX!"

"Oh?" Paradox said with mock interest as he used his spear to block Ace's sword and Ice's claymore! Taking note of Ace's status as an avatar, and the Duelist Arms that Ace and Ice were wielding. "Well, it looks like one of you has decided to deliver a little divine intervention. And what's this? Ah, so THOSE are the weapons that old fool Starswirl designed! As much as I'd enjoy breaking your little toys, I think I'll let you play with my own! Dragons! Annihilate those that stand against me!"

With a ferocious roar, the legendary dragons under Paradox's control attacked the teams of Elements! Those among their number who'd ascended quickly took the fight to the skies! Unleashing more of their divine strength against the beguiled beasts! While they had no intention of slaying the dragons, they would not let them rampage under Paradox's control! Unfortunately, Blitz Surge using the power of harmony to try and fell the dragons made their task more difficult. Fortunately, though unexpected as it was, Garble got up in Blitz's face about it. Those who were combating the dragons breathed a mental sigh of relief before sending the dragons crashing to the ground with mighty divine blows! They made sure to strike at the heads to ensure that the dragons stayed down for a good while. At the same time, Ace and Ice were in a heated clash with Paradox!

"Such a shame you're not willing to let loose your full power!" Paradox said with a savage grin as he slipped his mask on! Suddenly, his spear melted and formed an armor similar to the one Starlight had donned when she wore Paradox's mask! And this new armor was soon revealed to have the same ability to morph portions of itself into weaponry upon Paradox's command! "Otherwise, you might not have anything left to bury of your friend over there! Heck, you could even destroy my battery!"

"You're the one that pulled a dirty trick using her as bait on Shadow!" Dark Ice spat as his claymore clanged violently against the titanic fists Paradox had constructed on his arms! "And who said we weren't working on pulling the plug on your plan?!"

"Hm?" Paradox looked over the Starlight's chamber, and his eyes narrowed when he saw Arctic Ace trying to free Starlight! "OH NO YOU DON'T!" And Paradox's left arm shot out towards Ace! Its claws ready to swipe at the Avatar of Wisdom! Luckily, Ace saw it coming and blocked with his shield!

While Shadow's brothers renewed their clash with Paradox, Starlight watched in shock as Shadow's body vanished in a bright light! When the light faded, Starlight looked at the ground in horror and sorrow. Once again, she had lost someone close to her. First it was her mother, then it was Sunburst, and now it was Shadow. And it was all because of Paradox. Paradox who'd tried to use her mother as a battery. Paradox who'd convinced her that Talent Crests were the cause of all her suffering. Paradox who'd ruthlessly taken away the person who'd been nothing but good and kind to her despite her past actions.

Starlight's fists tightened in anger! Her magic flaring to life violently as she slowly looked out of her prison's window to glare at Paradox! She had lost more than enough people to the monster that held her captive. And Starlight refused to let Paradox take away anyone else!

"No more. . . " Starlight growled as her eye began to glow! "NO MOOOOOORE!" With a mighty scream, Starlight's magic tore the chamber apart! All the combatants were stunned to see Starlight break free from her imprisonment! But what shocked them the most was that her eyes looked like swirling galaxies! "PARADOX! I'M NOT LETTING YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE!"

"Incredible!" Paradox said with a wicked grin! "To think you had this kind of magical power packed withi-GAH" Paradox was knocked down by a massive blast of magic!

"THAT WAS FOR MY MOTHER!" Starlight screamed as she fired another massive blast of magic! "FOR SUNBURST!" The next blast forced obliterated Paradox's armor! "And this. . . " Starlight concentrated her magic, and formed a large orb of it before hurling it at Paradox! The orb exploding upon impact! When the blast died down, Starlight walked to the edge of the smoking crater that had formed. Glaring down at it. "That was for Shadow." But the second Starlight relaxed a bit, Paradox shot out from the crater and grabbed Starlight by the neck!

"Interesting fact about dragons." Paradox said with a malicious smile as he continued to choke Starlight! "They're not impervious to magic, as rumors say, but they are highly resistant to it. Your little tantrum might not have blown me to bits, but I assure you, it hurt like crazy." He then turned his attention to the two teams of elements with their weapons aimed at him. "None of you move an inch, or the girl dies."

"That's no issue for me." Blitz Surge said as he stepped forward. The rest of the Lancers hanging back to watch their leader do something stupid. "The girl has done many wrongs, and she must face justice. Her life in exchange for the lives she nearly ruined would be more than fair compensation."

"Surely you-WHAT?!" Paradox's eyes widened when he saw his Malefic World fading away. "No. . . NO! When the girl unleashed her power, she destroyed the machine too! The dragons will soon be free!" He glared at Starlight, and tightened his hold on her throat! "Perhaps I should end you myself for all the inconveniences you've caused me!"

"You won't lay a finger on her." A voice said. All the combatants were confused as to where the voice was coming from, but they soon found the source as a ray of light shone down from the sky! Suddenly, a beam of light magic struck Paradox! Making the malefic magician drop Starlight and crumple to the ground in pain! "Sorry if I was on the bench for a bit, but I'm back in action now!"

"That voice. . . " Dark Ice said in awe and joy! "Ace! It's-!"

"I know!" Arctic Ace said with a grin! "Shadow! You've ascended!"

"Hey bros." Shadow said with a smile as he descended. His hands glowing with the bright yellow aura of his magic, and his wings spread out for all to see. Shadow's wings were now feathery dragon wings that looked like they belonged to a dragon that resided in the heavens (see pictures of Dragluon from Yu-Gi-Oh!)! His spear now had a miniature halo hovering near the blade! "Paradox. Your evil ends now! Surrender, and I will show you mercy. Don't say that I didn't give you a warning."

"So. You've ascended into godhood, eh?" Paradox sneered. "Bah! As if you'd be willing to risk using your power while I have your little girlfriend in my clutches! Miss me by an inch, and she'd be harmed! So, go on! Hit me with your best shot!"

"As you wish." Shadow said as readied his spear! "THUNDER SPEAR SMITE!" Shadow hurled his spear at Paradox! The spear becoming a massive thunderbolt that obliterated Paradox instantly! When the dust cleared, it was revealed that Starlight didn't have a scratch on her! Shadow smiled as he landed and his spear returned to his hands. "I said I'd keep my promise even if it killed me, right?"

"Shadow. . . " Starlight broke into tears as she threw herself at Shadow! Holding onto him without any intention of letting go! "SHADOW!"

"Hey, hey." Shadow smiled as he wrapped his arms and wings around Starlight. "I'm here. And I'm not leaving you again." He then turned to face his gathered friends. "Let's go home." However, before the two teams of elements could depart, they froze in their tracks when they saw the dragons Paradox had enslaved stirring and the strange masks and armor on them shattering!

"FREE!" All three dragons roared in delight as the shook off the debris of the masks and armor before turning their attention to the gathered elements. One dragon had a white body, no arms and legs, and two pairs of wings. Along its sides were gems that formed a rainbow (Rainbow Dragon). Another dragon looked like it was some kind of giant robot that had three heads (Cyber End Dragon). And the last dragon was primarily white and had beautiful wings that seemed to be coated in stardust (Stardust Dragon). The elements were about to ready themselves for combat, but were surprised when the dragons bowed to them!

"Our thanks for freeing us from that sorcerer's control." The rainbow dragon said with a grin as he noticed Rainbow Dash. "Ah, we seem to be in the presence of a budding pantheon! I see a goddess who bears my colors! Are you looking for a familiar? The two of us would look epic standing together! Tell me, goddess, might I have your na-GAH!"

"Forgive my friend." The cosmic dragon said with a sigh as he removed his fist from the rainbow dragon's head. "He can be a bit too boastful for his own good. Back onto the topic at hand, thank you for freeing us. Now that we are free, we can resume our search for the one who the king passed his power on to. Oh, my apologies. We forgot to introduce ourselves. I am Cosmos. The Stardust Dragon."

"Name's Spectrum!" The rainbow dragon said proudly. "The rainbow dragon!"

"I am called Kiryu." The robotic dragon stated in a cool tone. "The metal dragon."

All of the elements introduced themselves, and the princesses soon joined the group after they'd confirmed that the battle was over and began having the guards escort the citizens back into Castalot.

"You're welcome for us freeing you." Twilight smiled. "But, who's this 'king' you're looking for? The only ruler of the dragons that we know about is the Dragon Lord."

"Well, it's comforting to know there is a ruler of our people." Cosmos said with a sigh of relief. "Surely you have heard of the Dragon King, Bahamut?"

"B-Bahamut?!" Garble sputtered! "Uh, n-not to sound disrespectful, but are you for real? I mean, Bahamut's just been a story passed down by all the old dragons in the Dragon Lands."

"Your elders do well to tell you of Bahamut, drake." Spectrum growled. "For he was not a story. He is, and was, the only king of the dragons! While he reigned, our kind new peace with the humans. He was powerful, noble, and strong. But more importantly, he was noble, just and kind."

"He was even friend with your rulers." Kiryu stated. "After his death, none could ever hope to live up to him. And so, the position and title of dragon king was lost to time. That is, until recently."

"What do you mean?" Inferno asked. "What happened?"

"Earlier in this year, we sensed the aura of Bahamut make itself known." Cosmos answered. "While we do not know exactly what happened after Bahamut's departure, the aura and power we sensed was unmistakably Bahamut's!"

"But there was also something different about it." Spectrum added. "We sensed Bahamut's soul as well, but also the soul of a human bonded to Bahamut's power. And as quickly as it had surfaced, the power vanished. So we have searched for the one who has inherited the king's power."

"Uh, excuse me?" Spike asked. "Aren't you guys, you know, upset that Bahamut passed down his power to someone who wasn't a dragon?"

"Young dragon." Cosmos said with a comforting smile. "The race of the inheritor of Bahamut's power is completely irrelevant. Whoever Bahamut has passed on his power to, it was a candidate who was worthy in Bahamut's eyes. Our search shall continue."

"We'd give you the means to summon us, but our search takes priority." Kiryu said with a small bow. "Our apologies."

"Until we meet again, friends!" Spectrum boomed as he, Kiryu, and Cosmos took off! Leaving everyone else to help with the rebuilding process. Thanks to both teams of elements and the princesses lending a hand, the damage was quickly repaired.

A week or two passed by, and Shadow was once again visiting Starlight. The Avatar of Compassion was carrying something in his hands as he made his way to Starlight's room, knocking before entering.

"Hi Shadow!" Starlight greeted with a bright smile. "We going on another outing?"

"Actually, I came here to give you something." Shadow said as he pulled out a purple beanie cap with stars on it. Blushing as he did so. "I, uh, made this myself. For you. Aaaand. . . ugh! I'll just say it as clearly as possible: I love you Starlight."

". . . " Starlight was silent as she put on the cap, and walked up to Shadow. She then hugged him tightly. "I'm not saying it."

"You don't need to."

"No." Starlight said as she looked into Shadow's eyes. "Actions speak louder than words." And she kissed him with as much passion as she could.

"Wow. . . " Shadow said as his face flushed red. "Now THAT was heaven."