• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 345 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Ancient World - Dinopony2580



It's been 2 years since the asteroid almost destroyed Equestria and Twilight and her friends have gotten invited by Celestia to a theme park that brings creatures from Equestria's past back to life. But, things soon take a deadly turn.

  • ...
 2
 345

Meet: Owen, the Ponyraptors, and Hoskins

Deep within the jungles of the island, at least a mile away from the actual theme park, a pig runs through the forest.

He squeals in terror as something is chasing him. Then, the pig comes across a large paddock.

4 feet come running around the corner and halt as a voice says, "Ho!" Then, the pig runs through a small door. It closes behind him as he runs through.

The 4 feet look like that of a pony, but instead of hooves are 3 clawed digits. All 4 feet have a killing claw on the first digit that acts like a switch blade.

Then, it is revealed that they belong to a Ponyraptor. Ponyraptors look much like a pony, but have the nature and ferocity of a Velociraptor.

They have sharp teeth, reptilian eyes, and a scaly fur coat. There mane is spikey, but the body looks like that of a pony.

They also have a long tail like that of a lizard and at the ending tip of it, spikey fur like that of its mane. Then, the current one is joined by 3 more.

"Hey!" a voice says and the 4 Ponyraptors look up. The sunlight shows the silhouette of a pony on a walkway above the Ponyraptors.

Then, the light clears and it becomes a dark tanish male pegasus with a black mane and tail. He holds out a hoof, signalling them to stop.

In the other hoof is a clicker. "Okay, eyes on me!" he says and all but the lead Ponyraptor makes eye contact with the pegasus.

"Blue" the pegasus says, but the first Ponyraptor still doesn't make eye contact. She's still looking for that pig.

"Blue!" he says again, clicking the clicker, and the Ponyraptor finally looks up. "Watch it" he said to Blue, the lead Ponyraptor.

She is easy to tell because of a blue, metallic stripe the runs along her sides. But then, a Ponyraptor to Blue's left started acting up.

"Charlie! Hey! Don't give me that crap!" the pegasus said to the Ponyraptor, named Charlie, on Blue's left side and she stopped acting up.

Then, the Ponyraptor on Blue's right acted up. "Delta! Lock it up!" the pegasus said. Then, all Ponyraptors listened and behaved.

"Good! And...we're moving!" the pegasus said and he flies over to another side of the walkway. The Ponyraptors followed him, making eye contact.

"Ho!" the pegasus said before making a stop and landing. "Okay, that's good! Very good!" the pegasus said. He clicked the clicker again.

There was a bucket where he was and he reached in and pulled out a dead mouse.

"Very good! See, Charlie, that's what you get" the pegasus said before he threw the mouse to Charlie.

Charlie jumped up and snatched it out of the air before chomping it up. He grabbed another mouse and threw it to the back Ponyraptor named Echo.

She snatched it up and ate it instantly. He did the same for Delta, too. Then, he grabbed one more mouse out of the bucket and it was a big one.

"Blue" the pegasus said and he got Blue's attention. "This one's for you" he said before he threw it to her and she immediately snatched it up and ate it.

"Ho!" the pegasus said and the Ponyraptors faced him. "Eyes up" he said and they followed his command. He finally threw his hoof down.

"Go!" he said and the Ponyraptors ran off. Then, he was greeted by a black coated pony. "You finally did it, man!" the pony said congratulating him.

"Owen!" a voice said and an older pony came up, laughing in amazement.

"I was starting to think I hired the wrong ponies but dang, you got them eating out of your hoof" the elder pony said.

"You came on a good day. It's not usually a happy ending" the pegasus, named Owen, said. "Yeah, well you're not sending in your reports" the old pony said.

"We've been busy" the other pony said. "Too busy to cash your paychecks?" the old pony asked. "What do you need, buddy?" Owen asked the elder pony.

"Field Test" the elder pony replied. Owen did not like the sound of that, so he turned around and walked away.

"Hey, I've just seen that they can respond to command. We need to take the research and get it on its feet" the elder pony said.

"They're wild animals, Hoskins. Trust me, you don't want them in a field" Owen replied.

"I just saw a bond. A real bond, between man and beast" the elder pony, named Hoskins, said, getting in Owen's path. "You're in my way" Owen said.

"Come on. We're the same. We are dogs of war. We know that the military needs to reduce casualties. Some people think robots are the future. Look, nature gave us the most effective killing machines 75 million years ago and now we know they can take orders" Hoskins said.

"Finally make progress after the first thing he says? Make a weapon?" the other pony said.

"Oh, come on, gents. It's grown up time. Drones can't search tunnels and caves and they're hackable. The minute a real war breaks out in Equestria, that fancy tech that we discovered in the past five years is gonna go dark" Hoskins finally finished.

"And if that tech's not going to eat them or if they forget to feed it" Owen replied.

"Look. Look at these creatures. They've got millions of years of instinct in their cells. Instinct that we can program. Their loyalty cannot be bought. These guys are gonna run straight into the enemy's teeth, belt, buckle and all" Hoskins said.

"Whatever you decide, they'll want to be in control" the other pony said.

"Well, then, we remind them who is. We terminate the roads and promote only loyal bloodlines" Hoskins said.

The other pony burst into laughter while walking away. "What? What's so funny?" Hoskins asked him and he didn't respond.

"You come here and you don't learn anything about these animals except what you want to know. You made them and now you think you own them" Owen said.

"We do own them. Extinct animals have no rights" Hoskins said. "They're not extinct anymore, Hoskins" Owen replied.

"Exactly! We're sitting on a gold mine and Masrani is using it to stock a petting zoo" Hoskins said. "He just wants to teach ponies some humility. He doesn't make weapons" Owen replied.

"You think that the eighth richest pony in Equestria is into oil, telecom, and family fun parks? He's so diversified he doesn't even know what he owns" Hoskins said.

"How long has PONIgen been practicing this pitch?" Owen asked.

"Since the day we hired you out of the Navy. You knew the endgame. These animals would replace thousands of hooves on the ground. How many lives would that save?" Hoskins asked.

This entire time that they've been talking, Owen and Hoskins have been walking around the paddock.

They finally came to a room that separated the inside of the paddock from the outside. Owen walked in and shut the door behind him.

He then pressed a button on a control panel that locked the door. It made an eerie buzzing sound, too.

"War is a part of nature. Look around, Owen. Every living thing in this jungle is trying to murder the other, Mother Nature's way of testing her creation, refining the pecking order. War is a struggle. Struggle breeds greatness. And without that, we end up in a place like this. Charge seven bucks a soda" Hoskins finished.

"Do you here yourself when you talk?" Owen asked. Hoskins smiled. "This is gonna happen, with or without you boys. Progress always wins" Hoskins said.

"Maybe progress should lose for once" Owen said. But then, there was whole bunch of commotion going on.

"Pig loose! Pig loose!" a pony said, running with a catcher in his hoof.

He raised the catcher down, almost ready to catch the pig, which was running for its life and squealing in terror.

But then, just as the pig was about to enter the loop, a Ponyraptor came and snatched up the pig.

The catcher got caught on the Ponyraptor, pulling the pony down with it. The other ponyraptors saw him and immediately circled him, seeing him as food.

Owen immediately opened the gate. "Owen, no!" the black coated pony said. The pony backed up from the Ponyraptors.

They screeched, hissed, snarled, and roared at him. When the gate was high enough, Owen flew through.

Then, he saw 2 unicorns ready to fire from their horns.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold your fire!" Owen said to them before he landed in between the Ponyraptors and the catcher pony.

They did as he commanded. "Hold your fire! Do not fire! Put 12 amps into these animals and they're never gonna trust me again" Owen told the unicorns.

The black coated pony ran into the room and stopped the door from opening any higher and he helped pull the catcher pony into the room.

"Blue, stand down. Stand down." Owen said and Blue snapped at Owen. "Hey, hey! What did I just say!" Owen said.

"Delta, I see you! Back up!" Owen said, turning his head to Delta who roared at him. "Okay, good. Good" Owen said.

"Charlie. Stay right there. Good" Owen said. Hoskins watched in fascination. "Close the gate" Owen said. "Are you crazy!" the black coated pony said.

"Hey, just trust me" Owen replied. "Close the gate!" the catcher pony said.

Hesitating for only a second, the black coated pony ran over and pushed the button.

The gate slowly began to close and at the last second, Owen ran for it, diving under the gate in the nick of time.

As he did, the Ponyraptors chased after him, only to get a mouthful of metal bars. The Ponyraptors then ignored Owen and the others.

Then, Owen turned to the catcher pony. "You're the new guy, right?" Owen asked. "Yeah" the catcher pony said, nodding.

"Ever wonder why there was a job opening?" Owen asked. The catcher pony just stared blankly at Owen.

"Don't ever turn your back to the cage" Owen said before walking away. Then, the catcher pony turned to a growling sound.

Charlie was looking at him through the cage, showing her teeth. Then, she removed her head from in between the bars, but still stared at him.

Owen walked to the other side of the room to see Hoskins watching him. Owen stared at him before Hoskins nodded and walked away.