• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 345 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Ancient World - Dinopony2580



It's been 2 years since the asteroid almost destroyed Equestria and Twilight and her friends have gotten invited by Celestia to a theme park that brings creatures from Equestria's past back to life. But, things soon take a deadly turn.

  • ...
 2
 345

Search and Rescue

Meanwhile, Claire, Owen, Twilight, Spike, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Starlight, Trixie, and Leviathan arrived in the valley to look for their missing friends.

But then, they saw something up ahead and Owen stopped the car. He got out to investigate. "Stay in the car" he told the others before he left.

He managed to also have his rifle just to protect him from any danger. He walked over to the thing, which happened to be a wounded Ponatosaurus. He walked along its body to its head.

It was badly injured, having claw marks all over its body from the Dragomonstranator. For a large creature, it had a small head compared to its body size.

Owen comforted it. It breathed slowly and silently, but Owen could tell by the way it was breathing that it was hurting badly.

Claire and the others slowly got out of the car to join Owen. He slowly petted it, comforting it, while also feeling its rough, scaly, fur coat.

Then, Claire and the others joined Owen. Fluttershy tried to hold back her tears. Twilight, Claire, and the others grew sad, too.

Leviathan walked over and nudged the Ponatosaurus, making soft growls.

Then, the Ponatosaurus lifted its head up, trying to get up, but it was too weak to, so its head fell back down. Its pony-like ear twitched, too.

They all comforted the Ponatosaurus, trying to stabilize it. Then, the Ponatosaurus took one last breath before it completely stopped moving.

They immediately knew that it was dead. Fluttershy couldn't hold back the tears any longer and she cried into Twilight's shoulder and Twilight comforted her.

Leviathan rubbed his head against Fluttershy, also comforting her. Pinkie hugged Leviathan in sadness, too.

A tear ran down Claire's face and Trixie, Spike, and Starlight lowered their heads in sadness. But then, Owen noticed something.

He grabbed his rifle and walked over to where it viewed some more of the valley and he saw something he couldn't believe.

Soon, the others joined him and they were all in shock. Fluttershy's tears increased and the others had blank expressions of shock on their face.

5 Ponatosaurus laid dead in the valley because of the Dragomonstranator. "It didn't eat them. It's killing for sport" Owen said.

Luckily, on the way here, Twilight and the other 6 were told about the situation, so they know about everything that's happened and the Dragomonstranator.


On a beach of the island, not to far from the park, trucks were being unloaded by amphibious landing craft. Other ponies were there to help get everything situated.

Hoskins was walking along the beach, making sure everything was good to go. "Units on standby. Ready for go" a pony said to Hoskins.

"Good. Hold off on that live feed. We got an abominable situation here" Hoskins replied. "They give the enlightenment yet?" the pony asked.

"They will" Hoskins replied before he put on some headphones. On a cliff nearby, the black coated pony was watching them with some binoculars.

"Owen, we have a situation here" he said into his walky talky and the pony was a little irritated with Hoskins.


Meanwhile, back with Owen, Claire, Twilight, and the group, they had arrived into the forest. Then, they came across the totally destroyed mega gyrosphere.

Owen and Leviathan got out, followed by Twilight and the others. Owen saw a tooth in the gyrosphere and pulled it out.

It definitely belonged to the Dragomonstranator. Leviathan smelled the gyrosphere and growled. Then, he smelt the tooth.

But then, the others saw a piece of Applebloom's ribbon that was ripped and shredded. Twilight picked it up. "Oh, no, no, no! No!" Claire said.

But then, Owen saw hoof prints. "Hey, they made it out" Owen said, pointing to the hoof prints and Claire sighed in relief.

Twilight just knew they couldn't have been eaten so easily. They followed the hoof prints to the small cliff. "Sweet Celestia, they jumped" Claire said.

"They're pretty courageous" Twilight assured Claire. "Brave ponies" Owen said while putting his rifle on his back.

"Rainbow Dash!? Applejack!? Rarity!?" Pinkie shouted. "Quiet, Pinkie!" Twilight said softly. "Pinkie, they're still alive" Spike said.

"I know, silly. I just wanted to see where they are at" Pinkie replied. "But, we will not be if you continue to scream like that" Owen said. "Sorry, Owen" Pinkie apologized.

"You can like track their scent can't you?" Starlight asked. "Track their footprints?" Trixie asked. "I was with the Navy, not the Nano" Owen replied to them.

"What do you suggest we do?" Claire asked. "You guys stay back. I'll find them" Owen said. "No, we'll find them" Claire said, mentioning everypony else, too.

"You'll last two minutes in there. Less in that ridiculous lab coat outfit" Owen said and Claire then had enough.

She unbuckled her belt, releasing the top part of her lab coat. Then, she tied it around her waste and rolled up her sleeves.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Owen asked. "It means she means business and is going with you" Starlight said.

"In other words, it means I'm ready to go" Claire said.

"Oh, okay. Well let's get one thing straight. I'm in charge out here. You do everything I say, exactly as I say it" Owen replied. "Excuse me" Claire said.

Twilight agreed with her. "Just relax. Just like taking a stroll threw the woods. 65 million years ago" Owen said before he took out his rifle.

Then, he pointed his rifle, gesturing her to go first and Claire did, followed by Twilight and Spike, which Spike was riding on Twilight's back, then Pinkie, Fluttershy, Starlight, Trixie, and Leviathan.

Before Owen followed along, he looked at the ground at a footprint made by the Dragomonstranator's back limb and next to it, a knuckle print made by the Dragomonstranator's front limb.


Meanwhile, the other six were wandering through the forest. Applebloom saw an object and ran ahead to investigate.

When she arrived at it, it was a helmet with a huge, bloody slash in it. She picked it up and examined it in horror.

Then, Applejack came along. Applejack took the object from Applebloom's hoof and also examined it in horror before she tossed it to the side.

"Come on, guys. We need to find a way back to the park" Rainbow said and she flew ahead.

"Rainbow, you know you could just fly up and check where the park is" Applejack said.

"The trees are too thick, but I'll keep an eye out for an opening" Rainbow said and they continued on. A little ways ahead, they saw a broken ATV mule.

"You think that monster did this?" Scootaloo asked. "Most likely it did" Rarity said, examining it. But then, Applejack saw an old building.

"Hey, check this out" Applejack said and the group followed her to the building. She looked at it from top to bottom. Then, she opened the doors to it.

Everypony followed her inside. "What is this place?" Scootaloo asked. "I don't know, sugar cube" Applejack replied.

They searched around the place, checking out this, that and other different stuff. They explored the place, checking out all the sights and stuff it had to offer.

Then, they entered what seemed to be a garage with two old jeeps. "What are jeeps doing here?" Scootaloo asked.

Automobiles have only been around for a little while, but everypony knew about them. Then, Applebloom had an idea.

"Applejack, you remember when we fixed up that pony's car?" Applebloom asked. "Yeah" Applejack replied and she immediately got the idea.