• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 345 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Ancient World - Dinopony2580



It's been 2 years since the asteroid almost destroyed Equestria and Twilight and her friends have gotten invited by Celestia to a theme park that brings creatures from Equestria's past back to life. But, things soon take a deadly turn.

  • ...
 2
 345

A Turn of Events

Back at the control room, the elevator opened to Hoskins and a group of other ponies behind him.

"Hey, hey, hey. You guys can't just walk in here" the guard pony said, but one pony with a gun aimed it at him, gesturing for him to shut up.

The clicking of the gun alerted everypony in the control lab.

"Simon Masrani's death was a tragedy. The new mission is to prevent further loss of life" Hoskins said. "Uh, who are these guys?" Larry asked.

"I'm glad you asked. You're all relieved of duty. There's a new team on the ground" Hoskins said.


Out at sea, off the coast of the island, a helicopter sped towards the island. On the side, it said PONIgen.

Four ponies were inside the helicopter, locked and loaded with guns.

Then, a pony saw a Pegasusodon flying just outside the helicopter as if it was racing them. The pony aimed his gun at it and shot it, killing it instantly.

It fell into the ocean and the pony smiled with pride. The helicopter grew closer to the island.


Meanwhile, Claire, Owen, Twilight and the Mane 12 were heading back to the control room. Claire had just gotten a call from Larry.

"Larry, we're on our way back to you" Claire said. "That's a bad idea. The board assigned emergency op to PONIgen's private security division. This guy, Hoskins, is in charge" Larry said. Then, a pony tapped on the window, gesturing for Larry to hurry up.

"And he has this insane plan to use the Ponyraptors to hunt the Dragomonstranator" Larry said.

"What do you mean use the Ponyraptors?" Claire asked, but Owen knew exactly what "use the Ponyraptors" meant. "Son of a mare" Owen cursed.

"Whoa! Watch your language! We have fillies here!" Applejack said, covering Applebloom's ears.

Rarity and Rainbow did the same thing to Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo. Then, they saw the PONIgen helicopter fly by overhead.

"Take the princess and her friends, and get them some place safe" Owen said to Claire as they turned around towards a gate, which was acting like it was going to burst open. Then, it actually did.

A crowd of ponies stampeded through because of a remaining Pegasusodon flying above them. It let out a roar, causing them to scatter.

The Mane 15 ran for a car. They got in it, except for Leviathan, who was too big. Instead, he climbed on top of it. Owen got in the driver's seat.

He immediately backed up the car from the stampeding crowd and into a space, out of the crowd's way. "This does not feel safe" Scootaloo said.

"Can we stay with you" Applebloom asked. Claire thought she was talking to her. "I am never leaving you as long as you are here" Claire replied.

"No, no. Him" the CMCs said at the same time. "Owen" Applejack asked. The 3 fillies nodded. "Yeah. Definitely him" Rainbow said.

"But, seriously. I don't want Princess Celestia to scold me for not taking good care of you guys" Claire said.

"Wait, Princess Celestia told you to take care of us?" Twilight asked.

Claire nodded and the Mane 13 looked at each other and then, smiled in happiness that Princess Celestia would do something like that.

Then, they smiled at Claire. Leviathan smiled through Claire's side of the car and she petted him.


Later, at the Ponyraptor Pen, Hoskins was overseeing the operations of his plan.

Night has fallen over the island. Hoskins's employees had strapped cameras to the Ponyraptors' heads, which they really didn't like.

Then, he went over to Delta. A pony was checking if the camera worked on each Ponyraptor.

Hoskins tapped the pony holding the screen that had the view from the camera and the pony showed him it.

Hoskins looked at the screen then into the camera, which had night vision on. "Hey, right here" Hoskins said, talking to Delta.

Delta shook the camera from her movements and Hoskins laughed in enjoyment. "Right here" Hoskins giggled. "She looks at what she wants. Usually what she wants to eat" the black coated pony from before that works with Owen and the Ponyraptors said.

Hoskins looked over to the black coated pony, then back to Delta, who was growling at him.

Then, Owen's, Claire's, Twilight's, and the Mane 12's car showed up. Owen got out, followed by Claire and the Mane 10. Leviathan got off the car's roof.

"You fillies stay here" Applejack said and the CMCs agreed. Then, Applejack shut the door and joined the group. Hoskins came out to greet them.

Owen was angry. "The mother head has finally arrived" Hoskins said and without warning, Owen punched Hoskins in the face.

"Ooh!" the CMCs said, watching from within the car. Hoskins recovered, rubbing his jaw.

"Get the heck out of here, and stay away from my animals!" Owen said angrily. "Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a mare" Claire said.

The Mane 10 agreed and Leviathan growled at Hoskins.

"Oh for Celestia's sake! How many more ponies have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you!" Hoskins said.

"It's not a mission, it's a field test" the black coated pony said. "This is a PONIgen situation now" Hoskins said and Claire and Twilight shook their heads.

"Okay, there are going to be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everypony's going to get off this island. You're going to watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, no, no, better yet, how your animals saved lives!" Hoskins said, having enough of everybody's bull crap about how this is such a bad idea.

"They're moving them out of containment. It's crazy!" the black coated pony said. "Let's move it out!" Hoskins shouted before he turned back to Owen.

"This is happening! With or without you" Hoskins said to Owen. Owen, at this point, had no choice.

Later, Owen pointed at a map, showing a bunch of ponies where the Dragomonstranator was at. They were all locked, loaded, and ready to go.

"We know that she is in sector five. This is a game we call Hide and Seek. It's a scent drill, we've done it about a thousand times with these animals. When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage. Ponyraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd the animal into a kill zone. That's when we take our shot. Get a clear shot, wait on my command, and give it everything you've got. We've got one good target and, gentlecolts, do not shoot my Ponyraptors. Please" Owen finished.

Later, Owen went to check on the Ponyraptors. "Easy, Blue. Easy" Owen said, petting and comforting Blue.

"You don't scare me" Owen said to Blue, fixing her camera. "Owen" Twilight said and Owen turned around to see Twilight and Mane 12.

"These fillies would like to know more about these guys" Twilight said, gesturing to the Ponyraptors.

"Well then, what would you fillies like to know?" Owen asked the CMCs. "First of all, are they safe?" Rainbow asked. "No they're not" Owen replied.

"What are their names?" Applebloom asked.

"Well, you have Charlie, this is Echo, here's Delta, and this one's called Blue" Owen said, pointing out and naming the Ponyraptors.

"She's the beta" Owen said. "Who's the Alpha?" Scootaloo asked. "You're looking at him, kid" Owen said and Scootaloo smiled.

"Fascinating" Twilight said and everypony looked at each Ponyraptor in awe.


Later, Claire arrived at a truck. She opened the doors to the back with her magic and the Mane 13 were behind her.

It was an empty space, perfect for all of them to fit in. "See, totally safe" Claire said. "Alright, get in. Come on. Get in there" Claire said and they all got in.

Leviathan was even big enough to fit in as well. "If you need me, I'll be right up front. Just open that window" Claire said, pointing to a sliding window.

"Okay, put your seat belts on" Claire said. The group looked around, but there were no seat belts, or even seats.

"Okay so just, hold hooves" Claire said before closing the doors with her magic. Silence fell upon the group.

Then, Pinkie nudged Fluttershy and gestured her to hold hooves and Fluttershy did. Meanwhile, Claire walked up front.

She took off her lab coat completely since it was so hot and climbed in the driver's seat. Back in the back, the others were still silent.

A Ponyraptor roar broke the silence. "Nothing's getting in here, right?" Applebloom asked, hugging Applejack.

"Oh, don't worry, sugar cube. We'll be just fine. Tomorrow, this whole nightmare will be over and we'll be back in Equestria, safe and sound in Ponyville at Sweet Apple Acres. We're sisters, okay. We'll always be sisters and we'll always come back to one another. No matter what" Applejack assured.

"No matter what?" Applebloom replied. "No matter what" Applejack repeated and they hugged each other.

"I'm going to have to let Princess Celestia know what happened here. It was quite an adventure, yet a nightmare at the same time" Twilight said.

"Agreed. I think I've had enough fun and running from dinoponies for one day" Rainbow said. "Same here" Rarity said and everypony else agreed.