• Published 21st May 2019
  • 1,653 Views, 74 Comments

The Marvelous Six - Chemtest

  • ...
5
 74
 1,653

Planning

Celestia turns to Twilight after giving her speech, “Well, Twilight, would you like the honor of introducing my sister into modern life?”

Twilight shakes her head, “Sorry, Princess, but I am going to stay here. Considering the Elements all need to be together, I should be near to the other Elements.”

Celestia smiles, “You think the Elements will need to be used again?”

Twilight nods, “Oh yeah, definitely.”

Celestia loses her smile at the answer, “How do you know?”

Twilight looks back at the others, “Because Pinkie and Rainbow tell me they will.”

Celestia regains her smile, “You already trust them that much?”

Twilight looks back at Celestia, “Yes. They knew what to do against Luna, they can be correct again. Beside, they saved my life.”

Celestia nods, but then stops as she processes what Twilight said, “Your... life? Your life was in danger?”

Twilight smiles, “Oh yeah, Nightmare Moon was about to plunge her broken blade into me when Rainbow tackled her. Gotta say, she was actually a pretty fun challenge.”

Celestia looks Twilight in her eyes, “You shouldn’t have the power to fight the Nightmare. It took nearly all my power to stop her, yet you say you easily defeated her? What happened, exactly, my faithful student?”

Twilight thinks back, “Well, I flew into the air using my Cloak. Nightmare launched a beam at me that I easily dodged, then we had a hoof and sword fight in the air.”

Celestia stops her, “You managed to stop her blade?”

Twilight nods, “Oh yeah, it didn’t manage to even make a dent in my magic shield.”

Celestia shakes her head, “No, you must be misremembering. Luna’s blade would easily cut through any shield. It’s the Manabreaker, it is fabled for cutting through and canceling magic! Even my shield was easily cut through by it!”

Twilight looks down, “Mana?” She then looks up, and smiles, “Well, I must be misremembering then. It was quite the high adrenaline minute.”

Celestia looks at Twilight with confusion, “Twilight, are you sure you are alright?”

Twilight slowly nods, “Sorry if I’m acting Strange, it’s been a Strange night.”

Celestia slowly backs up, “Okay. It must have really been odd if you are pronouncing a capital in ‘strange’. Get some sleep, my student. The library is your’s to stay in, and Ponyville is your new home. Please, write me a letter every week, just so I can know you are okay.”

Twilight smiles, nods, and throws a mock salute towards Celestia, “I’ll do my best, Princess!” She turns away, and walks to her friends, “Although I will research this ‘Mana’ first.”

———

The desert sand blows against the black and red walls of the Red Hive. But, the chitin does not move, holding strong against the tearing sand.

One changeling moves through the harsh sands, it’s skin tight suit barely blocking out the sand. They trudge on, each step an addition to their three day journey from Ponyville.

Tremors underground speak of the terrors waiting for something to snack upon. The bones of the victims of the Ver resting under.

But they do not hear the changeling. Much less do they care. The changeling is but one of many travelers above, and one of the smaller ones. The Ver dare not attack it, as well, for fear of the Red Hive’s retaliation. Such is why the changeling is offered safe passage by the beasts.

The changeling clears it’s eyes, and is able to see the Hive in front of it. They move onward, trudging forth in order to finish it’s holy quest.

The guards at the gates of the Hive move aside to allow the changeling passage. The changeling, now in familiar ground, walks with quicker urgency and purpose to the throne room.

They arrive soon, and push open the door. They look up at their Queen. Upon seeing her, they bow.

Queen Messorem looks down at the changeling, “You are back. Where is the other?”

The changeling rises from it’s bow, “The crossbreed was captured, my Queen.”

Messorem sighs, “What a shame. Perhaps she will return. What about the mission?”

The changeling smiles, “The powers are just as you said. The Shield, the Sorcerer, the Hidden Beast, the Spider, the Trickster, and the Thunder.”

Messorem nods, “Then the False King has messed with powers greater than him. The prophecy is true.” She looks to a guard, “Contact Hives Blue, Green, and Brown.”

The changeling’s eyes light up, “The prophecy is true?”

Messorem smiles, “It is, indeed. The chance has come after millennia.”

The changeling jumps around, “Our Lord is coming back!”

Messorem nods, “Order is coming back, my child. And we shall clear the way for Order to take over.” Messorem looks at the words etched into the wall, “Ordirus will rise, and no Chem will be able to protect this world.”