• Published 21st May 2019
  • 1,653 Views, 74 Comments

The Marvelous Six - Chemtest

  • ...
5
 74
 1,653

Shadows

King Nullam stands in the dark cavern, towering at the same size as Queen Messorem. His eyes glow a bright blue, and he carries a urn with him.

He takes ashes from the urn, and scatters them in the cavern, his hooves ignite in green fire, and his wings a brown fire. He throws it all around, the cave’s only light being him, as the outside is blocked by snow.

The ashes catch on fire as well, half burning green, and the other half brown.

He summons his own magic, lighting up his horn with the same bright blue glow.

He looks into the realm of mana, and starts to speak, “Ask, støv, flamme, kaskadskygge. Mørk konge, en av skyggene, din tid kommer igjen. Jeg gråter til deg og ber deg høre! Alle som ofret for å stoppe Vogrim, din tid til å ofre kommer opp igjen! Mørk venn, bror fra fortiden! Stå opp fra gravens skygger!”

The flaming ashes start to swirl around the cave, and around Nullam. He stares on without fear, and sends out another blast of magic.

The mana listens to him, and a dark mist begins to fill the room.

The flaming green ash all collects in two spots. Two green eyes open, with a dark red pupil staring out, and purple flame appearing behind it. The dark mist all collects itself together, into a dark mane and tail.

A deep laughter echoes around the cave as King Sombra appears, brought back to the physical realm.

He steps closer to Nullam, his laughter continuing.

They stand right in front of each other, neither so much as blinking.

Until all tension is broken as they hug each other.

Sombra pats the changeling’s back, laughing, “Oh, it’s been too long, Nullam! I never thought I would see you again! Oh, Vogrim said that any resurrection would extract a heavy price, he was wrong!” Sombra leans back, smiling at him, “Where’s Laevus?”

Nullam shakes his head, “He... he’s gone.”

Sombra loses his smile, “Chrysi?”

Nullam shakes his head again, “The ritual requires a heavy sacrifice. I found her ashes in the middle of Canterlot.” Nullam smiles, “This is why I summoned you, Sombra. Things have been going bad.”

Sombra leans back, and shakes his head, “What happened?”

Nullam looks down, “The prophecy came true, and all changelings are helping their leader, Ordirus. We made a grave mistake, Sombra. Not only was the opposition stronger than we thought, but Ordirus is a madman!” Nullam looks back up, “The Brown Hive is scattered to the winds, the Green Hive tears itself apart for a new Queen, the Red Hive is about to march to war, and my Hive is dead! Laevus was killed when he tried to kill an innocent foal for Ordirus, and he faced someone great. Chrysalis was killed when she tried to invade Canterlot to steal enough souls for Ordirus. My Hive blew up because Ordirus had to go back in time! The race of Changelings is almost wiped off the face of Equis!”

Sombra looks up, “What about Messo?”

Nullam looks him the eye, “She is making a mistake. She has ascended, and uses her own rage to power herself as she marches to kill more. She will die out there. If Ordirus was almost killed, then her death is certain. I call upon you for this, Sombra.”

Sombra looks up, “You want me to sacrifice myself?”

Nullam sighs, “You were the only one in all the land who could defeat Vogrim. I think you could beat Ordirus before he gets his sword back.”

Sombra nods, “Anything for you, Null. Tell me where he is.”