• Published 21st May 2019
  • 1,653 Views, 74 Comments

The Marvelous Six - Chemtest

  • ...
5
 74
 1,653

Itsey-Bitsey Pony

Fluttershy walls through the Everfree, the wildlife making way, a favor from the Forest’s Spirit. She walks with purpose, towards a cave deep in the forest.

As she walks onward, the nearby trees start to have webs connecting all of them. The ground starts to turn sticky with webs, but her bare hooves manage to walk over them without issue.

Spiders of all different sizes crawl through the trees around them. They hiss and scamper, but they do not stop the pony.

Until, two spiders in front of the cave-mouth see her approach. One of them hiss at her, “Why pony-blood here?”

Fluttershy smiles, and says as confidently as she can, “I am here to see the Spider King.”

The spider almost laughs at the confidence in the pony’s squeaky voice, “King not want pony-blood.”

Fluttershy steps forward, “Venom-Fang does want me, actually.”

The spider nods, “Know King name. Pony-blood odd, but allowed. Follow.”

Fluttershy gladly follows after the spider, following them into a big room.

In the center of the room is a giant spider, easily three times bigger than even Big Mac. It looks at Fluttershy with all eight eyes, “Not pony-blood? Gift, you are kin-blood!”

Fluttershy presses down on a little button, allowing her suit to cover her and Angel, “I am Peter Parker, Spider-Man.”

The spiders in the room all hiss simultaneously, and the King hisses above them, “Hear of man-blood Peter-Parker! King Glowing-Fang gave Gift to you!” The spiders all around Fluttershy bow to her, and the King twitches two of his legs, “Welcome, King Spider-Man of Earth-Realm. King Venom-Fang of Equis-Realm. How help kin-blood?”

Fluttershy smiles, and holds Angel out in her hoof, “I need the Gift to be given to this bunny. He shall train under me so that we can defeat an enemy.”

The King twitches four of his legs, “Gift-giving only to worthy. Bunny worthy? He prove it.”

Fluttershy returns him to her back, “How can we prove it?”

The King shudders, “Pony-bloods dig into Stone-Nest. Stop pony-bloods, and Gift-giving in return.”

Fluttershy nods, “I will stop them, although I will not harm them unless I need to. Can I get a guide to Stone-Nest?”

A spider crawls out of the crowd, it’s only defining trait being it’s lack of an eye, “Follow Seven-Eye, lead to Stone-Nest.”

The spider clicks at Fluttershy, and crawls into a side tunnel. Fluttershy follows after it, tucking Angel into a pocket.

———

Rainbow brings her axe down upon the stone one more time, and wipes her brow of sweat. She looks over at Rarity as she and Sweetie Belle use their own pickaxes, “Why am I out here again?”

Rarity continues swinging her pickaxe, “We need to find that stone that is giving off gamma radiation. If Sweetie Belle were to swallow that, then she should get enough gamma radiation.”

Rainbow stands back, “Yeah, but why am I out here?”

Pinkie comes up from the surface, her hair turning from a drill into it’s normal mess, “It’s family bonding! And not the type that begins with BD and ends with SM.” She jumps out of the hole she created, and shakes the dust off her hair, “Besides, what else are we going to do?”

Rainbow sighs, “I have an over enthusiastic kid that I have to train, that’s what.”

Pinkie shrugs, “This could serve as a first lesson.”

Rainbow looks at Pinkie, “How?”

At this moment, Gummy comes up from the ground, wearing a wig shaped into a drill. He opens his mouth, and a Gummy shaped statue falls out. Life sized as well. Pinkie smiles, and throws Gummy a piece of chocolate dipped in peanut butter, “That’s how. Oh, come on, don’t tell me you didn’t immediately think about shirking off duty to someone else? I know you better than that.”

Rainbow looks at Gummy, and then at Pinkie, “I’ll be right back.”

With that said, Rainbow flies into the distance.

Pinkie laughs, and summons two daggers in her hooves. Rarity looks over at her, “What are you going to do with those daggers?”

Pinkie smiles, “Dig.”

She starts to stab the stone over and over again, doing it hard and fast enough to mine with the same efficiency as the pickaxes.

Gummy opens his own mouth, revealing his gums now have daggers sticking out of the end of them. He then jumps on top of the stone, and takes bites out of it.

They are all interrupted as a spider crawls out of a nearby crevice. A giant spider, to be exact.

Sweetie Belle spots it, and immediately tries to get away from it, “Spider! Keep it away!”

Pinkie smiles, and changes her form into one mimicking the spider. She walks up on all new eight legs, and starts making hissing noises as a cat would do. As soon as the spider starts hissing back, she starts to bark at it.

Fluttershy comes out of the same crevice. She sees the two spiders glaring each other down, and sees Rairty there, “Oh, hey Rairty and Pinkie. Oh, and hi to you too, Sweetie Belle.”

Pinkie looks at Fluttershy, only to see she isn’t fooled by the illusion. She sighs, and turns back.

Fluttershy smiles, “This is my pal, Seven-Eye. We were told some ponies were disturbing the Nest around here.”

Rairty nods, “Yeah, that’d probably be us. We were digging after something.”

Seven-Eye turns towards Fluttershy, and hisses in Spider-Tounge, “It’s time to kill them.”

Fluttershy starts shaking her head, “No, Seven-Eye!”

Rarity looks between the two, “Uh, what did he say?”

Seven-Eye charges after Rarity, and pounces on top of her, “Pony-blood pay for death of Tiny-Eye!”

Rarity chuckles nervously, “Is this how they greet each other?”

Fluttershy has to act quickly before the spider bites on Rarity’s neck.

From the Reality Stone outreaches a timid voice. It reaches into Peter’s mind, and they connect. Instantly, Fluttershy knows of the weak points on the spider.

She jumps after it, shooting a web into it’s mouth to stop it from opening. The spider claws at the web, but Fluttershy continues to wrap it up in web. Eventually, the spider can’t move whatsoever.

Fluttershy looks down at the spider, “I get the test now. There was no Nest out here. No, he simply sent you to where ponies were so that you would attack. Venom-Fang wanted to see if I would use my power to spare or to kill.”

She picks up the spider, and walks back to the crevice.

She looks back at the others, and smiles, “Continue on, I have an attempted murder to report.”

Fluttershy leaves just as Rainbow lands. She places down Scootaloo, and looks over at Rairty, “What happened here?”

Pinkie smiles as she turns back into a giant spider, and hisses at Rainbow.

Rainbow jumps back, and freaks out upon sight of the giant spider. She reaches for her axe, only to realize Scootaloo still has it. She jumps back, “Scootaloo, kill it!”

Scootaloo charges at the spider, almost tripping on Stormbreaker as she does.

However, as soon as she reaches the middle of her charge, Gummy jumps out of the ground with a dagger in it’s mouth.

It blocks the axe, and the two skid away from each other.

Scootaloo tumbles over, but ends up landing in a better position. The axe firmly within her grasp.

Gummy does not change his posture at all. His movement is like moving an object in photoshop. His tongue wraps around the dagger, and it holds it further from his face. His mouth is a smile, with new teeth made of daggers.

Scootaloo charges.

Gummy stands.