• Published 21st May 2019
  • 1,654 Views, 74 Comments

The Marvelous Six - Chemtest

  • ...
5
 74
 1,654

Spirit

Pinkie smiles as she bounces forward, continuing on with her near sonic speeds through the forest. To move so fast is a mistake, however.

As she bounces up into the air, a claw strikes her in the face, sending her crashing back to the ground. A giant wolf stands over her, eyes glowing green, “Ponies! We’ve been driven mad by dark, pony to blame! Will send children against cities, will slaughter until fixed!”

The other five stop, and look at the wolf. Rainbow holds up her axe, and charges through the wolf. To her shock, the wolf just reforms itself right behind her.

Rainbow crashes into a tree, and the branches of the tree seem to swallow her into the tree itself.

Twilight has no time to begin fighting before a tree branch reaches over, and bashes her on top of her head.

Applejack throws her shield at the wolf, only to have the wolf absorb it. It spits it right on back to Applejack, hitting her right on the head.

Rarity decides to turn right around, and try to run. It doesn’t work. As she ends up tripping on some roots, and being dragged into the ground.

Only Fluttershy stands, and she stamps down her hoof, “Stop!”

The wolf stops, and the entire forest seems to listen. The wolf growls, “Speak, pony-blood. Forest in dark, children in frenzy, corruption! Darkness in Spirit-blood held off. Spirit of Everfree here, speak, give reason not to fight.”

Fluttershy smiles, “Well, Spirit, allow me to explain. We are chasing the pony who caused this. We want to stop this. We want to bring light back to the Forest. Please, just let us pass.”

The Spirit of the Everfree sniffs the air, “Speak not like pony-blood. Smell around, blessing of spider-blood. Pony chosen of spiders!” The Spirit nods, and the forest releases it’s prisoners, allowing all of them to stand, “Pony-blood trusted. May pass, defeat other pony-blood.”

The Spirit fades away, carried away by a gust of leaves. The wolf body falls apart, and becomes naught but twigs on the ground.

Pinkie quickly recovers, and starts up her bounce again, “Come on, we haven’t got all day, or... night!”

All but her sigh, and follow after Pinkie in her wild run.

Once again, Pinkie stops after a while, looking over a river. The others all stop to admire the fast rapids, and the rippling waves. Only when the water starts to die down a bit is when they see some rocks, and a giant purple serpent rising from the waters.

It waits and wallows in sadness, it’s constant thrashing about causing the currents. Pinkie tries to reach him, “Excuse me?”

When it doesn’t work, Pinkie decides to pick up in volume, “Excuse me?!”

It still doesn’t work, and Pinkie takes a deep breath in. However, she it stopped by Rairty stepping up, her throat turning green, “Sir!?”

The Hulk-assisted shout catches the serpents attention, and he turns to face Rarity, “Oh no, a crowd to mock me!”

Rarity smiles, “I couldn’t help but hear your cries of sadness. What is the problem?”

The serpent slowly moves his hand from his face, “The problem is the black shadow that cut off half of my beautiful mustache! She has made the fabulous Stephen Magnet into a laughingstock of fashion!”

Rarity looks at his mustache, and sees the cut through one side of it, “Ah, you must really care about looking good then. Your hair, your scales, your eyes, all seem to be perfectly maintained. Just like a well regulated laboratory.”

The serpent nods, “Oh yes, it is the world to me. But now I’m ruined by my mustache’s absence!”

Rarity nods, “Hmm, I do have to say, the short mustache is not that good looking.”

He cries out, “Don’t hold back, kind pony, it’s monstrous, isn’t it?”

She smiles, “I actually think I have a solution. Maybe you would look better without the mustache?”

He snaps to attention, “Without the mustache? I... I never thought of that.”

She nods, “Oh, yes, it can call more attention to your hair to not have a mustache in the way. But, why are you even in a river anyway, if you care about looks?”

The serpent looks down at her, “What? Well, I came here to get the finest water and herbs to clean and grow my mustache.”

Rarity nods, “Well, maybe moving back to the ocean is also a good idea. More to admire you, and you don’t have to worry about the mustache now!”

He smiles, “Oh, that’s a wonderful idea! Thank you, pony. Here, allow me to help you out.”

He stretches out his back like a bridge, allowing the six to walk to the other side. Rarity smiles at him, “Have a good time in the sea, friend.”

He nods, “I’ll come back to land one day. I will make sure to see you again, then. Goodbye!”

Pinkie looks at Stephen as he leaves, and scratches her chin, “Huh. That didn’t go how I expected. How odd that Moon decided to cut his mustache to begin with.”

Rainbow looks at Pinkie, “Well, onwards, brother?”

Pinkie nods, “Yes, I suppose so.”

With that, they all rush off again.

However, this time is a lot shorter, as they come to a rickety bridge. Pinkie looks at it, seemingly surprised it’s still up. She looks at Rainbow, “Brother, fly to the other side, and I will take the bridge. Rest of you will hang back for now.”

Rainbow nods, and spins her axe within her hooves. With enough speed, she flies over the ravine. She does, however, come to a crashing end on the other side.

Pinkie bounces over the bridge, making sure that her bounces are very light and quick.

With one final bounce, she arrives at the last plank on the bridge. As she does so, a fog rolls in.

A pony steps out of the fog, cutting the rope holding the bridge up. Pinkie barely manages to get a hold on the edge of the cliff, yet she seems to be slipping.

Rainbow turns to try and help Pinkie, only to be hit into the ground by a hammer. She turns around to see a mare, with what seem to be dark antlers coming off of her head. She smiles, Mjølnir in hoof, “You aren’t going to rescue her.” She reaches down, and picks up Stormbreaker, “You cannot do anything. You cannot fly without this.”

Rainbow looks to the cliff edge to see Pinkie starting to slip, “Brother, help me! I’m going to fall!”

Thor watches helplessly as Stormbreaker is tossed off the edge of the cliff, and Loki’s hooves are stepped on. His greatest fear, to be powerless.

Far away, the mind within the Power Stone senses the emotional weakness of it’s body’s inhabitant. Rainbow Dash takes advantage of this, and reaches out to Thor’s mind, using the Power Stone to her will.

Rainbow’s eyes light up with a magenta glow, and two minds connect. Both minds are filled with knowledge of the other, and both communicate each other’s life to the other. Both immediately understand the other’s powers, and motivations.

The glow fades, but does not entirely dissapear from Rainbow’s eyes as she stares at Hela in mare form.

Her wings flare out, and flap. With a single flap, she tackles Hela off the cliff. She quickly drops Hela into the abyss, grabbing Stormbreaker, and smashing Hela down with it. The axe cuts into her, and both it and Hela fall even deeper.

Pinkie’s grip fails, and she starts to fall. However, Rainbow catches her, and both land back on the cliff, safe. Rainbow also reforges the bridge with a bolt of lighting, allowing the others to start to cross.

Pinkie looks in Rainbow’s eyes, and sees the glow, “You also connected?”

Rainbow nods, “Yes, and I have been given a new outlook and mission. We must stay loyal to our virtues. We will defeat Discord.”

Pinkie smiles, “Wonderful.” She summons some daggers, “The hunt is on!”

Rainbow holds out her hand, and Stormbreaker comes flying up from the ravine. She grabs it with a hoof, and smiles, “Luna shall be redeemed, whether she wants to or not.”