• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 15,352 Views, 5,873 Comments

The Equestrian Odyssey - A Tale of Two Worlds - Kamahido



Twilight accidently brings a human from Earth to Equestria. Will he be able to coexist with the equine inhabitants of this new land?

  • ...
74
 5,873
 15,352

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 - The Orphanage

True to her word, Coco Pommel returned an hour or so later to check on Dinky. She gently nudges the filly.

“It's time to wake up dear. The matron says it's game time.”

Dinky slowly opens her eyes and sits up. “Huh? What’s game time?”

Coco Pommel looks down sadly. “Well dear, it's whatever game the Matron dreams up for the day. Do your best, or there won't be any supper for you tonight. I'm sorry... I'm sure you're hungry from the train ride over. Take this!”

She gives Dinky an apple.

“I wish I had more to give, but that’s all I could smuggle out of the pantry, dear.”

Arc hisses in Dinky’s ear. “Thank her!”

Dinky smiles up at Coco Pommel. “Thank you, Miss Pommel!”

“You are welcome, my dear. Now, eat it quickly and follow me to the courtyard! We mustn't be late!”

Dinky quickly eats the apple and follows Coco Pommel. There are about two dozen foals lined up! The Matron assigns them each to a team. She turns and glares at Dinky!

“You’re late, newcomer!”

Coco Pommel shrinks back as she speaks. “Please Matron! It was my fault!”

Tempest turns back to her clipboard. “Well... I'll let it go... this time. You're over here, new blood!”

Arc whispers. “Yes ma’am!”

Dinky quickly takes her assigned place. “Yes ma’am!”

“Respectful. I like that in a foal! Today we're playing Hoof-ball! Both teams, choose a captain and get ready to play!”

Dinky and her team huddles up. A brown filly speaks up! “Who should be our captain?”

A very small colt puts up a hoof! “I will! Besides… I’m not very good at Hoof-ball!”

The other team nominates a filly with a pink coat and greenish-blue mane. “Really? You me to be our captain?”

Another foal looks to her. “Sure Aquamarine! You can do it!

She nods. “Well okay. I’ll give it my best shot!”

The other foals agree and the game is on! As they walk to the field, Arc gets on top of Dinky's head.

“Dad! What are you doing?! Everypony will be able to see you!”, Dinky hisses!

“Don’t worry sweetheart. I put my cloak on so I can stay invisible! I'll keep a lookout and steer by pulling on your mane. You need to win this game and get in the Matron's good graces!”

Dinky looks around nervously! “But dad! I don't even know how to play Hoof-ball!”

“I'm going to bet it's really similar to a game humans play back home called football. Just do what I tell you. Oh! And try not to get hit! This is a contact sport!”

Dinky gulps nervously as she is assigned a spot in the front line.

“When the whistle blows, the foal in front of you is going to try and push past you. Grab him and don't let him!”

Dinky nods. The play begins and Dinky quickly finds herself face to face with a frantic foal who seems to want nothing more than to push his way past her! She feels her muscles tightening!

Arc uses his magic to gently push the foal back. “I’ll help, Dinky!”

The play ends and the team huddles up to discuss their next play. The small captain looks to Dinky. “You're pretty strong, new filly! Want to be our receiver for the next play?!

“Say yes!”

Dinky nods. “Okay!”

As everyone takes their places Dinky looks around, unsure of where to go. “Walk behind that green filly and stay back a few feet!”

The play begins! Arc pulls on the right side of Dinky’s mane. “Start running! Look at the filly with the ball! She’s going to throw it to you! Get ready… now jump!”

Arc subtly uses his magic to help guide the ball into Dinky's hooves. She catches it and lands upright

“Keep running! You have to get to that forked post down at the end of the field without getting knocked down! Hurry!”

Dinky runs down the field as fast as she can!

“Jump!”

She does so as a foal dives at her and misses!

“Hard right!”

Dinky obeys each command as her mane is pulled.

“Left! Give it everything you’ve got! You can make it!”

Dinky runs toward the pole and scores! All the foals on her team cheer as she looks back at them still carrying the ball. “What happened?”

“You scored a touchdown which means your team is now winning! Good girl!”

She walks back toward her team. “Thanks dad, but I couldn't have done it without you!”

“Now take the ball and head back to the captain. Your team is now on defense!”

“What?!”

“The opposing team now has the ball and is trying to get it to their post to score a touchdown. You team has to stop them.”

“How?”

“Someone has to knock down the foal carrying the ball!”

“What? But they could get hurt!”

“I know, sweetheart, but that’s how you play the game!

The foals line up for the next play. “Dinky! I heard the opposing team's coach say they are going to pass the ball this play! This is a good chance for an interception!”

“A what?”

“When the ball is thrown, before it’s caught by the opposing teammate, YOU have to catch it first! Don't worry! I'll help you!”

“Okay!”

The play starts! The opposing team drops back and throws the ball to a black filly! Dinky runs towards her and catches the ball in mid-air! She drops to the ground.

“Run! Try and get to the pole again!”

Dinky runs with all her might! With Arc guiding her she scores again! Her team cheers! She laughs happily! “I like this game!”

With Dinky’s help her team easily wins the game! Everyone heads back to the dormitory as the sun begins to set. Her team’s captain walks next to her.

“You sure are good at Hoof-ball! By the way, my name’s Pipsqueak!

“I'm Dinky! Pleased to meet you Pipsqueak!”

“So where are you from Dinky?”

Arc whispers to Dinky. “Ponyville.”

“I'm from Ponyville. And you?”

Pipsqueak looks down at the ground. “I... don't know. My only memories are of this place. I’ve been here as long as I can remember.”

“Apologize.”

“Oh… I’m sorry to hear that, Pipsqueak.”

“It's okay! I have lots of friends here... even if the Matron is a witch!”

The brown filly from earlier looks over to Pipsqueak. “Shh… she’ll hear you!”

Both teams reach the dormitory and sit on the floor together. A short time later Coco Pommel walks in pushing a cart with supper plates on it. She is followed by Tempest. The matron looks over at Dinky coolly.

“Good work out there today. Dinky, was it? I believe you have a bright future ahead of you. As long as you follow orders, that is! Now, distribute food to your teammates only!”

Arc whispers to her. “Do as she says.”

Dinky obeys.

“Give Pipsqueak a second plate, sweetheart.”

Dinky does as her father says. Tempest looks over to her angrily!

“Why did you do that?!”

Arc whispers to her. “Doesn't a successful leader deserve more than the others?”

Dinky looks Tempest in the eye. “Doesn't a successful leader deserve more than the others, ma’am?”

Tempest looks down her nose at Dinky as she considers her words. “Hmmm... strong, fast, and smart! You'll go far, kid! I haven't said this in a while, but you have impressed me! As a reward, take this!”

She gives Dinky a chocolate bar.

“Thank her respectfully.”

Dinky accepts the candy. “Thank you, ma’am!”

Tempest leaves the room. Coco Pommel takes her own plate of food off the tray and walks toward the losing team. They line up and each take a small bit from her food. They quickly eat what they have but are certainly still hungry.

“Give them your plate, Dinky.”

Dinky levitates her own food over to the losing team. “Here! Take mine!”

The foals thank her and eat hungrily!

“You can eat the chocolate bar yourself, or share it. You're choice, sweetheart!”

Dinky turns to Coco Pommel. “Miss Pommel?”

“Yes dear?”

She holds the chocolate bar out to Coco Pommel. “Can you please give this to whomever needs it? I'm... not hungry!”

Coco Pommel accepts the candy. “Are you sure?!”

Dinky nods.

“Thank you dear! I'm sure your parents would be so proud!”

Arc nods his head and smiles. “Oh, I am! I am…”

Meanwhile, back in the matron’s office, Tempest sits down at her desk and looks down at the scroll Dinky came with. “Dinky Hooves, huh? There’s something special about you. I just know it! Although I wonder just what it is that makes you tick.”

The foals finish their supper and play inside until dark. Coco Pommel lies on the floor and watches them. All the while with a side smile. Eventually she stands and calls out for bedtime. “Time for bed, little ones! Tomorrow is another day!”

The fillies and colts get into bed as Coco Pommel turns off the lights and slowly walks down the hall to her own room. Dinky lies on her back looking up at the ceiling for a few moments before she hears a small whisper from the bed next to hers.

“Dinky. You awake?”

She turns her head to see Pipsqueak looking over at her. “Yeah. What’s up?”

“I just wanted to ask you something.”

“What is it?”

“Do you… do you remember your parents?”

Arc whispers in Dinky’s ear. “Go ahead and describe your mother.”

Dinky nods. “My mom’s a pegasus. She… she’s always so nice to me! Her smile and kind voice… I can still hear them ringing in my ears!”

“And your dad?”

“He’s always been there for me, ever since he delivered me as a foal! My dad’s a real hero, as he looks out for me even now! I know he’ll keep me safe from anything that comes my way!”

Pipsqueak nods. “I wish I knew my parents. They died when I was just a baby.”

“Do you miss them?”

“I… guess I do. It’s really hard to say, as I never knew them but… thanks for telling me about your parents! Who knows! Maybe we’ll be adopted by the same family and get to grow up together!”

“I guess…”

“What’s wrong? Don’t you want to be adopted?”

Dinky shakes her head. “Not really.”

Pipsqueak looks over at her amazed! “Why not?!”

She smiles and points a hoof at her head. “Because my dad is right here watching over me.”

Arc whispers in Dinky’s ear. “Easy now. Don’t let them know I’m really up here just yet! We’ve only just started the mission.

Pipsqueak lays back and stares at the ceiling. “It sounds like you had really nice parents, Dinky. I guess it would be hard to let the memories go and all!”

Dinky lays back down. “Right. Well, we should get some sleep now. Like Miss Pommel said earlier, tomorrow is another day.”

Pipsqueak shudders as he closes his eyes. “Don’t remind me.”

Arc makes himself comfortable in Dinky’s mane and lies down. “This is rather comfy.”

He dozes off. Several hours pass before Arc awakens and looks at the wall clock and taps the top of Dinky’s head.

“Dinky! Wake up!”

She slowly opens her eyes. “What’s up, dad?”

“We need to check in with the others. Leave the room and walk to the window at the end of the hall.”

Dinky nods and does as she is told. Arc uses his magic to open the window silently. Dinky climbs out and lands silently on the grass as Arc closes and locks the window behind them with magic.

“Walk across the lawn and head for the fence. Then let me down.”

Dinky does so. Arc jumps down and returns to his normal size. Opening his magic cloak, he stretches his arms toward her.

“Come over here and I’ll carry you, sweetheart.”

The cloak hides them both as Arc carries Dinky in his arms. They jump effortlessly over the tall fence. Seeing the campfire in the distance Arc heads for it. In a short time they arrive at the base camp. Derpy is sitting in front of the fire looking worried. Arc decloaks a short distance from her and lets Dinky down.

The little filly runs over to her mother! “MOM!”

“DINKY!”

The two embrace as Arc walks over.

“I was so worried about you two! Are you alright?!”

“Just fine mom!”

Arc looks around the camp. “Where are the troops?”

“Asleep. I'm on watch right now.”

Better wake them.”

Derpy does so. A few moments later they all sit down around the fire. Arc and Dinky bring them up to speed on the day’s activities.

Max shakes his head. “Well now, I see little has changed.”

Hugh nods. “Yup. Sounds to me like Tempest was impressed by your performance though, little one! Good job!”

Xenos looks over at Arc. “Did you see Miss Pommel?!”

Dinky nods. “Yes! She was kind to me! But…”

Viktor looks over at them with a worried expression. “But what?!”

“Well... she doesn't look too healthy.”

Arc sighs. “That's putting it mildly. She is REALLY malnourished!”

Derpy looks over. “Can we do anything to help her?”

Arc nods. “I intend to. What do we have to eat around here?! Dinky gave away her meal to the others so neither of us has eaten.”

Derpy gives them some military rations which they quickly eat.

Max watches as the pair eat hungrily. “It may not taste the best, but these are highly nutritious.”

Arc finishes his food and looks over to Max. “Do we have any fruit?”

Derpy trots over to her saddlebags. “I have a few apples.”

“They will do. We need to get these to Coco Pommel. She won't last another winter in her condition! That and I want to show her she can trust Dinky.”

Xenos speaks in a near desperate tone! “Please sir! Save Miss Pommel! She's the closest thing we had to a mother growing up!”

The others nod in agreement.

“Don't worry. We will!”

Derpy looks to Arc. “Is there anything we can do to help the two of you right now?”

“Not yet. We need more time! There’s more going on here! I can feel it! Don't worry Derpy, I'll keep Dinky safe!”

Derpy nods. “I know you will, Arc.”

Arc turns to Dinky and reactivates his cloak. “We should get back before someone notices we're gone.”

Dinky picks up the apples and turns to her mother. “Bye mom!”

She waves as they leave. “Be careful, both of you!”

Max looks over at Derpy. “Ma'am? Can I talk to you?”

Derpy looks to him a bit confused. “Um… okay.”

“You've known the Commander longer than we have. Do you think he is hiding something from us about his reasons for doing this?”

Derpy sighs. “I do. Sadly, I don't know much about Arc's life before coming to Equestria. However, I get the feeling he has quite the past! Maybe not all of it is strictly good!”

“Are you suggesting he may have been a... bad human? Perhaps he does... what he does these days to atone for something?!”

“I don't know. Hopefully he’ll let us in on the full story one day. We should think of him as he is now... not who he was in the past.”

Arc and Dinky quietly return to the orphanage fence. Arc jumps over it. Looking around quickly, he sets Dinky down on the grass and she walks out from under his cloak. Arc shrinks back down and takes his place in Dinky's mane.

“Wait Dinky! Is that Coco Pommel over there?”

Dinky whispers back. “I think so... yes, it is! It looks like she’s eating some flowers!”

“I want you to walk over there as quietly as you can.”

Dinky nods and walks toward Coco Pommel who appears to be eating some flowers from a small garden in the corner of the yard.

“Okay, this is close enough. Call out her name. Softly!”

“Miss Pommel?”

Coco Pommel gasps and whirls around! “Dinky! You startled me! What are you doing out of bed at this hour?”

“Tell her you dad wanted you to have these apples.”

Dinky gives Coco Pommel the apples she was carrying. “My dad wanted you to have these.”

“Thank you dear! But I thought you father was... gone. Where did you get these?”

Arc thinks for a moment before whispering in Dinky’s ear. “Tell her he's right here and point to your head.”

Dinky smiles and points to her head. “No, he's not. He's right here! And he gave me the apples!”

Coco Pommel smiles at Dinky. “I see. Well tell him thank you for me.”

“Tell her she is welcome.”

“He says your welcome.”

Arc nods proudly. “Alright. It's time for us to get some sleep now.”

“My dad says we need to get to bed now. Good night Miss Pommel. Please eat those apples yourself. You don't look well!”

Dinky walks back to the window she and Arc came through. Coco Pommel looks down at the apples in her hoof. “Such a sweet little thing! I wonder... where did she really got these apples?”

Arc and Dink return to bed and sleep peacefully through the night. The next morning Coco Pommel slowly enters the dormitory to wake the orphans as she does every day.

“Time to get up everypony! It's race time...”

Dinky sits up with the rest of the foals. She turns to Pipsqueak as he jumps out of bed. “What’s going on?”

Pipsqueak sighs. “Every morning we have a race to see who gets breakfast and who doesn't. Just don't finish last! The Matron will give you such a smack!”

“But why?!”

“She says it's to motivate us to do better. Personally, I think she just does it to make herself feel big!”

All the orphans rush outside to a line painted on the ground. Tempest is waiting for them.

“Alright you little hooligans, listen up! The winner of today's race gets an extra prize... three blueberry muffins!”

Tempest looks to Coco Pommel, who is holding a green flag in her mouth. She waves it and the race begins! Arc uses his magic to help Dinky run faster and win the race! The matron tosses the muffins to Dinky as she crosses the finish line well ahead of the other foals!

“Take them! You’ve earned it!”

Pipsqueak is the last to cross the finish line. As he does so, Tempest gives him a hoof to his small ribs! He falls to the ground several meters away! Dinky clenches her teeth angrily and takes a step forward.

Arc hisses in Dinky’s ear. “Dinky! No! Don't worry. I used my magic to absorb most of the impact for him!”

“Thanks dad!

Tempest turns to the rest of the orphans and yells at them! “The rest of you... try and be more like Dinky! That is, if you ever want to make anything of yourselves!”

They all return to the Dormitory as the matron heads to her office. Coco Pommel enters last sadly pushing a cart with breakfast. She passes out food to all but the few who crossed the finish line last. Coco Pommel picks up her own breakfast and shares it with the unfortunate few.

“Tell Coco Pommel I said to give her your muffins.”

Dinky walks over to Coco Pommel with her prize. “Miss Pommel, my dad told me to give you these.”

Coco Pommel goes along with Dinky and smiles. “Well thank you Dinky! Now you be sure and tell him he is a very nice pony!”

“Tell her I’m not a pony.”

Dinky smiles up at Coco Pommel. “Oh, he's not a pony!”

She looks down at Dinky, confused. “Then what is he?”

“I’m… I’m just your dad.”

“He’s just my dad!”

Dinky scampers back to the others to eat her breakfast, leaving behind a very confused Coco Pommel! On the way she looks over to Pipsqueak.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I'm fine. She didn't hit me as hard today!”

“Does this happen to you often?”

Pipsqueak nods. “Almost every day. It's hard having the shortest legs! Don't worry about me, though. I'll manage.”

Coco Pommels looks over at Dinky as she passes out the muffins to the hungriest of the orphans. “Bless you, Dinky! And your imaginary father too!”

Several days pass. One night Dinky is awakened by soft hoofsteps. She looks up to see Pipsqueak and Aquamarine sneaking out of the dormitory. Getting up, she quietly follows them.

Arc wakes up! “Dinky? What is it?”

Dinky whispers over her shoulder. “Pipsqueak and Aquamarine just left. I'm going to follow them.”

“Okay!”

Dinky follows the pair to the back of the Orphanage where she saw Coco Pommel eating from her flower garden the other day. They appear to be digging.

“What are you doing?”

The pair jump, surprised at Dinky’s voice!

Pipsqueak waves his small hooves! “Shhh! Keep your voice down!”

Aquamarine glances all around them for any movement. “We're taking care of Miss Pommel's garden. She does so much for us. It seems the least we could do. Besides...”

Pipsqueak looks down at the flowers sadly. “Everypony at the Orphanage knows what Coco Pommel does back here every night.”

“Tell them what you saw here a night or so ago.”

Dinky looks over at the pair. “I... saw her back here a few nights ago. She looked like she was eating the flowers. But... why?”

Aquamarine looks to the flowers. “She shares almost all her food with us orphans every day!
I think... these flowers are the only thing keeping Miss Pommel alive!”

Pipsqueak reaches into the bushes and pulls out a watering can. “We come out here every few nights to tend the garden for her. She never asked us to, but it just seems like the right thing to do!”

“We would do it during the day, but Miss Pommel seems to get really nervous any time somepony gets too close to her garden. I guess I would too if it was my only food source...”

Arc raises his voice. “Very praiseworthy!”

Pipsqueak and Aquamarine look around, confused! “Who said that?!”

Arc chuckles. “Don't be afraid, my little ponies... I'm a friend.”

Aquamarine continues to look around for the source of the voice. “Who… are you?”

“I am... Dinky's father. She has been under my watchful eye ever since she came to New Beginnings Orphanage. I will not let any harm come to her!”

Pipsqueak looks around as he speaks. “Where are you? And why are you here?”

Dinky points a hoof to her head, happily! “He’s right here!”

“Never mind where I am. As for why I am here, I wanted to meet Matron Tempest and see if the stories I have heard about her were true. A... friend of mine who grew up in this very Orphanage asked me to makes sure Coco Pommel was alright as well. Let's just say I have been... less than impressed with the Matron's job performance.”

Aquamarine looks nervous. “What are you going to do?”

“Leave that to me. The time of Matron Tempest is coming to a close! Fear not, this will all be over soon.”

Pipsqueak sighs. “We appreciate the thought, but the Matron used to be in the military and has never lost a fight before! She's a legend!”

“My dad has never been defeated either! He never gives up on anypony!”

Aquamarine shakes her head. “Maybe you CAN beat the Matron sir! But please... don't try. I wouldn't want to see anypony else get hurt!”

“Dinky, it is time you got some rest. I need to come up with a plan on how best to deal with the Matron. Good night you two. Stay strong!”

Dinky walks back to the Orphanage leaving Pipsqueak and Aquamarine to tend the garden. Pipsqueak turns to Aquamarine as they work. “I don't get it! Who in their right mind would care so much about a bunch of foals nopony wants?”

“I do.” A voice rings out behind the pair! Pipsqueak and Aquamarine turn to see Coco Pommel standing nearby in the shadows!

“Miss Pommel! We…!”

Coco Pommel holds up a hoof. “It's alright. Thank you for taking care of my garden. It's... very important to me. In answer to your question Pipsqueak, don't ever think that there is no one who wants you!”

“But... in all the time I’ve been here, nopony has EVER been adopted!”

Coco Pommel looks down sadly. “I'm sorry for that, Pipsqueak. But I just know there is a home out there for all you orphans! Dinky's father is proof of that!”

Aquamarine looks to Miss Pommel confused. “You... have met him before?! Who is he?”

“Not face to face, no. But I do know this... he is a true hero to Dinky. If only we all were so fortunate...”

As the days pass, Arc helps Dinky succeed at whatever game is played. He also helps her with the schoolwork at the orphanage! The orphans trot into their small classroom and sit at their tables as Coco Pommel comes into the room.

“All right little ones! Time to settle down and learn! Today we are going to be learning about the Hero of Light. Does everypony know what that is?”

Most of the class nods their heads.

“Now, for those of you who don't know, Equestria's Hero of Light is usually the greatest warrior in the land! It is their job to protect Equestria and its inhabitants.”

She puts a large poster on the wall of Arc’s insignia.

“Now, the Hero of Light is easily identified by this insignia that he or she wears on their armor! It is called the Crest of Light, and is proof of their identity.”

Arc mutters to himself. “Hmm... Crest of Light huh? I didn't know that.”

Coco Pommel points a hoof at the poster. “As you can see, the Crest shows six crystals around a sword and shield. Can anypony tell me what this means?”

Pipsqueak raises his hoof. “The sword and shield represent the Hero of Light's devotion to protecting the innocent!”

Arc ponders this for a moment. “I guess so... never really thought about what my insignia meant.”

“You’re close, Pipsqueak. You see, the crystals shown here are the Elements of Harmony. They are Equestria's most powerful weapon, and each can only be used by a chosen individual known as an Element Bearer. Alone the elements are useless. But when all six Element Bearers come together, they are a nearly unstoppable force!”

A filly raises a hoof.

“Yes Aquamarine?”

“But if only the Element Bearers can use the Elements of Harmony, why are they part of the Hero of Light's insignia?”

Coco Pommels smiles at her. “Good question! It's thought that the Elements of Harmony are pictured more as an ideal. The Hero of Light's duty is to maintain harmony in Equestria. The shield shows their willingness to defend and protect. While the sword represents a willingness to fight to maintain the peace!”

Arc touches his insignia. “Is there a book I should be reading about this? I suddenly feel so... unprepared.”

The brown filly raises her hoof. “So, who is the Hero of Light right now?”

“I’m told it's a pony named Arc. There's a very popular story going around the land these days about him going to Tartarus and fighting an entire army of demons and their King!”

Pipsqueak looks to Coco Pommel! “Was he badly hurt?”

Coco Pommel shakes her head. “If the stories are true, he walked away without a scratch!”

Aquamarine claps her hooves together. “Wow! He must be really strong! Anything else you can tell us about him, Miss Pommel?”

“Recently he was in Dodge Junction to break up a gang of troublemakers and thieves. Supposedly he took on their whole gang AND their leader. Last word on that was the leader was still in the hospital, and unable to walk.”

Pipsqueak cheers! “Such bravery! Any other stories?!”

“The only other story I know of is he went to the Dragon Lands to speak with the Dragon Lord, twice. Both times he returned unharmed!”

The brown filly raises her hoof again. “Does the Hero of Light live in Canterlot Castle?”

Coco Pommel turns her attention to the question. “Usually yes, but not this one. Supposedly he has a base on the outskirts of Ponyville.”

“If we went to Ponyville could we actually MEET the Hero of Light, Miss Pommel?!”

She shakes her head. “I don’t think so Aquamarine. He’s probably much too busy to meet with just anypony!”

Pipsqueak looks over to Coco Pommel. A hopeful look on his face. “Miss Pommel? Do... do you think the Hero of Light could... help us? Could he save us from the Matron?”

“I doubt that!”

The entire class turns to look at the doorway. The matron herself stands there looking smug!

“Listen up, all of you! You are here because nopony wants you! Nopony cares about you... and NOPONY IS COMING TO 'SAVE YOU'!”

Tempest angrily leaves the room.

Coco Pommel sighs and turns back to the class. “I'm sorry Pipsqueak, but I'm afraid the Matron is right. The Hero of Light is far too busy fighting evil and protecting the country to have time to worry about such small problems...”

Arc whispers to himself. “Hold on just a bit longer, little ones... help is closer than you think...”

PreviousChapters Next