• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 15,072 Views, 5,847 Comments

The Equestrian Odyssey - A Tale of Two Worlds - Kamahido



Twilight accidently brings a human from Earth to Equestria. Will he be able to coexist with the equine inhabitants of this new land?

  • ...
72
 5,847
 15,072

PreviousChapters Next
Preface - Volume 26 - Relationships and Rendezvous

In our previous volume, Sunburst was finally able to determine Celestia’s location via his scrying abilities. As he is taken to the castle infirmary Arc contacts Max back on Earth. Instructing him and the others to gather information regarding the coordinates from Sunburst, Luna suggests they bring in General Virtuous Lance for the mission. Dinky, worried such a large scale military operation would cause many injuries, suggests giving the mission to her father. Cadance convinces Luna to do so, and Arc takes a portal back to Ponyville. After escorting Derpy and Dinky to the orphanage, Arc, Ember, and Frank proceed to Carousel Boutique to explain what happened to Rarity. Arriving, Rarity reminds them of that evening’s festivities regarding Founder’s Day. Producing suits for Arc and Frank, Rarity takes Arc upstairs to her room to change. After trying on his new suit, he explains Sweetie Bell and her friend’s idea for him to adopt them.

Arc, Frank, Ember, Derpy, and Dinky eat supper together and head to the Town Hall. Arriving, Pinkie greets them and points the group to the Apple’s stand. After paying their respects to Granny Smith, Arc buys treats for everyone. However, as he passes out the sweets, the Rich family cuts ahead of everyone else and demands service. Diamond Tiara requests apple cider, to which she is told it’s out of season. Furious, she destroys quite a few of the Apple’s pastries before Arc steps in. Ordering Filth Rich to pay for the lost stock and cleanup time, he does so smugly before dumping his order on the rest of the payment. Not wanting Arc to get the last word, Diamond Tiara kicks the frosting covered bits into Applejack’s face. Furious, Arc drops a pie on Filthy Rich’s head as he dumps the cupcakes on Diamond Tiara. As the others help the Apple clean up the mess, Arc opens a portal back to his quarters in Light’s Hope. Escorting Applejack to the bathroom, he then sets to work cleaning her hat. Hearing the water turn off and on again several times, Arc decides to investigate. Entering the bathroom he finds Applejack unable to properly clean the crumbs from her mane, as she can’t see or reach them. Lending her a hand, Arc quickly has her cleaned up. As he leave the bathroom Applejack laments the lost opportunity to tell Arc how she really feels about him.

Returning to the festivities, Applejack rejoins her family at the stand as Arc and the others mingle. Spotting Rainbow Dash and Pinkie talking with Twilight, they join them. Rarity follows with Sweetie Belle as Spike returns from Canterlot for the occasion. He gives Rarity a ruby pendant purchased in Canterlot. As the fillies leave to get snacks, Rarity askes Arc for a word in private. They walk behind the Town Hall as the others gathered there explain to Spike that the pair are romantically involved. Twilight pulls Spike aside to tell him of the birds and bees. Frank, having just learned of his friend’s involvement with Rarity, questions the ethical ramifications of him being involve with an ‘animal’. Ember and Rainbow Dash’s tempers flare at his suggestion. Derpy is able to stop them before things get out of hand, as Rainbow Dash leaves the group with her. Meanwhile, Arc and Rarity sit on a bench silently for a time. Breaking the silence, Rarity apologizes for her previous request to form a herd with Arc and her friends. Arc promises to make time to fully consider her request in the future. Rarity offers to cut off their relationship or keep it a secret to protect his image. Pulling Rarity into a loving embrace, he passionately kisses her in the moonlight. Meanwhile, unknown to them, Spike watches from behind the Town Hall, angrily.

Returning to the others, Arc introduces Frank to Coco Pommel, Gallus, and Natalya. Informing him that the griffon younglings are there due to them being abandoned, Frank becomes upset. Arc volunteers to tell the orphans the story of his most recent adventure before the main event starts. Heading for a table Arc and his friends sit down to listen to Granny Smith’s annual retelling of Ponyville’s founding. However, before she can begin, a robed figure swoops down and lands on the stage. Recognizing the intruder, Arc orders everyone assembled into the Town Hall. The newcomer announces his intention to kill Arc in order to avenge his fallen friends, whom Arc killed while rescuing the Council of Lords and nobles whom were kidnapped by the rebels. Finishing off his drink, Arc turns to face his opponent. Before he can even begin though, Arc collapses.

Ember and Rarity kneel down next to Arc as the griffon surveys the situation. As Ember rushes to defend her friend, she finds herself effortlessly tossed aside. Rarity and Frank fire their magic at the griffon, but find it reflected back at them. As the figure moves to attack Arc, he grabs Rarity and pulls her aside. Ember calls out for him to run away with Rarity, which Arc does. Frank is able to knock the griffon out as Ember pins him to the ground with her spear. As Are returns, Cherry announces he is not in the armor. Leading them to Carousel Boutique, they enter the building and are let upstairs to Rarity’s room. Finding Arc unresponsive on her bed, they use his earring to contact Rose. Her scans indicate he is under the influence of sleeping drugs. Derpy and Dinky lay down next to Arc as they wait for him to awaken.

Later that night Arc opens his eyes. Derpy and Dinky inform him of the night’s events as Arc stands up. Opening a portal, he shuttles them home before heading downstairs to talk to Rarity. Heading to The Equinox, Arc finds Ember and Frank in the infirmary with the unconscious griffon. They decide to transport the rebel back to Griffonstone to allow them to handle him. As they near the shore the next morning a long civilian ship approaches them. Ignoring all attempts at contact, it moves to a collision course. Arc orders the ship to maintain its heading as he charges up the ORB. Activating the shields, they wait for their opponent’s attack. A small thud is all that is felt as the craft falls toward the ocean, critically damaged. Ordering the crew to land in the water next to their attacker, Arc and company hurry out the door.

Arc, Ember, and Frank rush out onto the deck. Spending a few moments to examine the ship, they combine their magic to lift the ship from the water and set it on the Equinox’s deck. Boarding, they head for the cabin. Finding a critically wounded griffon wearing a rebel’s cloak, they do their best to help him as Arc summons Redheart. The griffon is declared dead a few moments later by the Chief Medical Officer, and taken to the infirmary’s morgue. Searching through the rubble Arc finds the ship’s log. A chilling message on the last page tells of the pilot being blackmailed to fly a suicide mission for the rebels. Moon Dancer picks up a military vessel on the radar and quickly informs Arc of the change. Frank returns to the infirmary as Arc and Ember wait for the new contact to arrive. A Lieutenant Gaston boards The Equinox and attempts to take the wrecked ship. However, Arc informs him of his sovereign status aboard his ship via their treaty. Convincing the lieutenant to leave, Arc and his ship continue on their way to The Aviary.

Landing, Arc and Ember and granted an immediate audience before the Council of Lords. Explaining the earlier incident, Arc informs the council of his ship being attacked. Ember brings forward the prisoner, and Arc removes the IV. As he regains consciousness, the rebel commander attempts to flee. Ember prevents him from doing so by slamming him to the floor. The griffon attempts to attack the council, but is stopped by Arbiter Ghaleon. As he is taken to the dungeon, Arc requests to speak with Lady Ashe regarding her kidnapping by the rebels. Lord Gestal invites him to his estate for supper and conversation. Entering the Dining Room, Arc suggests the food may be poisoned in an effort to get Ember something to eat. As she does so, Arc speaks to Ashe of the battle during the peace summit. Confessing that his reasoning for not giving up the fight was partially to protect the orphanage down the road, they are surprised to learn that the younglings and foals are living together peacefully.

Finishing their meal, Ashe suggests Arc stay for the night. Showing him to a room, Arc grabs Ashe angrily. Warning her not to involve innocent civilians again, she inquires to the fate of her commander. Informing her that he was turned over to Arbiter Ghaleon, she reminds Arc that he knows the truth about whom really injured her aboard the Lunar Destiny after the signing of the peace treaty. Left with no other choice, Arc joins forces with Ashe in an effort to free the commander. Finding the griffon in the dungeon, the pair wait for their explosive diversion set off by Ember. When Ghaleon leaves, they rush inside the interrogation room and free him. Taking a portal back to The Equinox, Arc shows the pair the body of the dead pilot. Both insist on having no knowledge of the event before Arc takes them back to his room in Lord Gestal’s estate. Ashe takes her weakened commander back to her room and helps him escape via a secret passageway.

Returning to Canterlot the next morning, Arc and Ember find Stellar Flare in the castle infirmary being… overbearing (to say the least). Doctor Whooves declares Sunburst fit to leave his bed and releases him for light duty. Stellar Flare helps her son to his office as Arc and Ember follow them. Arriving, Arc and Sunburst enter the office to speak of their progress on the mission on Earth regarding Celestia. Ember orders Spike to follow her to Arc’s room. Entering, she gives him the third degree for his actions at the Founder’s Day event in Ponyville. Spike confesses his actions were out of line, but admits he only wanted to make Arc look bad in front of Rarity. Lecturing him on what little she knows about love, Ember is able to convince Spike that Arc and Rarity have feelings for one another which he shouldn’t try to come between.

Arc and his squad, along with Sereb, Ember, and Rose scope out the military base from a distant beach. Taking pictures, and looking at it through binoculars, they size up the defenses and talk through various ideas. Before leaving Arc speaks to Max privately about his squad’s relationship with Shelly and Lily. He cautions them against forming attachments that won’t last before the pair rejoin the others. Returning home, they find the phone ringing. Arc answers it as the others head downstairs. Lily informs Arc that Shelly asked to go out that evening, as she was having a very good day health wise. Calling Max up to his room, Arc relays Shelly’s request to go out with him. Max heartily agrees, but voices his opinion that the pair deserve to know the truth. Arc confesses that he is planning to tell his old friends that he’s moving to be closer to Derpy and Dinky so they don’t worry if he is lost during the mission.

Arc aids Max in preparing for his date physically as well as mentally. After he leaves Cherry and Arc share a profound conversation regarding his own future. Meanwhile, at the base they scouted earlier, an officer named General Mustang met with is subordinates… Colonel Diva and Colonel Langrisser. Informing them of Arc and his squad’s scouting, he instructs them to be defensive but otherwise take no action.

Langrisser makes his way to a highly secured cell. Entering, he carefully feeds Celestia an apple while massaging her weary muscles. She responds appropriately, considering what she has endured. Meanwhile, Max and Shelly return to her upstairs apartment. Lily moves to get Shelly her pills as she escorts Max to the door. Thanking him for the evening, Shelly gives Max a quick kiss on the cheek before he nervously retreats down the stairs. Driving aimlessly, Max notices he is lost and stops to get his bearings. As he does so Wiseman shows up, gives him some life advice along with a paper and directions back to town. Arriving home, Max gives the paper to Rose and asks her to scan the area for anything that might be out of the ordinary.

Arc tours the facility creating the vehicle he and the others will be using to transport Celestia after rescue. Confessing they are unsure how to power the vehicle’s ORB system, Arc suggests using the Bloodstone. Confident Auriel could control its power, he heads to the Audience Chamber to receive permission to take the stone. After explaining the situation, Luna and Cadance agree and escort Arc to the Armory. Taking the Bloodstone, Arc opens a portal and leaves. Heading at once to the Golden Oaks Library to see Auriel, Arc finds Aurora in the makeshift greenhouse in the basement. Wishing to learn more about emotions and feelings, Aurora asks Arc to close his eyes. As he does so, she throws her body at him and kisses the young man passionately… just as the door opens and Twilight along with Auriel walk into the room.

Twilight contains her emotions long enough for Arc to be able to explain his actions (or lack of). Heading upstairs, Arc explains his plan and asks for Auriel’s help refitting the ORB system to his new vehicle. Agreeing to his plan, Aurora then asks for a demonstration of magical prowess. As Auriel channels the power of the Bloodstone into a powerful flame spell, Aurora flees in terror from the flames. Following her down to the basement, Auriel apologizes for his actions. Returning to the main level for tea, Twilight confesses her friend’s desire to form a herd with Arc. Tentatively agreeing to pursue the idea further after his retirement, Auriel listens from the basement door as she hopes to join such a union with them.

However, many questions still remain. How will Arc liberate Princess Celestia? Will the Rich family ever get what’s truly coming to them? What the heck was Spike THINKING?! Who is Lieutenant Gaston, and what was he doing in the area? Will Spike have the courage to confess his actions to Arc and Rarity? Why did Shelly ask for Max instead of Arc? What will become of Max and Shelly’s relationship? Does Aurora have feelings for Arc now too? How will Arc’s love life blossom after his retirement? And will Auriel be able to confess her own longing to be with him?

Time will tell. Sooner or later… time will tell.

PreviousChapters Next