• Published 15th May 2019
  • 716 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Pony: Infinite Night [ENG] - Claud Melchior

  • ...
1
 11
 716

Chapter 20


"Twilight, I don’t think that's a good idea!" Spike said urgently as he ran after Twilight.
No, Twilight's mood has not improved at all on the thought of spending the rest of the night with dignitaries and other important people.

"Spike, we'll just show up for a moment and then go back upstairs. I really need my rest after such a day! Or night! Or whatever!" said Twilight annoyed.
"So the servants said in the palace garden, right? Well, where is it? It is completely new to me that there is one at all."

"Well, you've been in the arena and in your room most of the time," Spike replied,
"I know where he is and we're on the right track, it's behind this gate."


The duo stopped in front of the heavy wooden gate. The guests could be heard through the gate. Twilight took a deep breath and prepared herself mentally.
Then she opened the gate with her magic.


Twilight and Spike glanced at a giant ice sculpture of Twilight Moon standing high on the defeated Shining Armour.

Only then did the Two realize the many guests in the garden.


"Isn't she overdoing this a bit?" Spike looked questioningly at Twilight.

"Yes, no doubt!" Twilight said with an eye cup. "Look how many guests are here! How could they all come in such a short time?!?"


As if on command, a speaker stood on a small podium on the other side of the garden.


"Dear guests, I present you, Lady Ember from the Dragonlands."

The guests started to clap, even if nothing seemed to happen. Then one of Nightmare Moon's magicians teleported on the pedestal and Lady Ember appeared shortly thereafter.

A very petite dragon noticed Twilight. Barely bigger than a pony and anything else about her did not remind her much of a huge, fearsome dragon. But her instincts seemingly made up for that because she spotted Twilight instantly.


"Princess Twilight Moon! It's my privilege to meet you in person."


Ember bowed low in her direction as the other guests turned to look at her, some following Ember's example and bowed, and many others gathered around them in a matter of seconds, congratulating her and thanked her right away.

But before Twilight could say anything, she heard the gate opening behind her.

Twilight turned around as the ponies around her quieted and gazed to the stairs, but she never saw this coming!

Nightmare Moon stood before her with a radiant smile, without her armor and in a silver ball dress?!?


Gracefully Nightmare Moon stalked down the stairs to the puzzled pony crowd.


"Master?!?" Twilight said still stunned.

"Don’t act so surprised! The fight is over!" Nightmare Moon laughed and closed Twilight's mouth.
"I would like to give a toast!" she called into the crowd.

"On Princess Twilight Moon. A brave princess who found to me from another world and has managed to defeat the devious Shining Armour without a fight, not even shying away from the overwhelming power of the enemy. May this be a feast remotely worthy of such a fearless heroine as her!"

"ON PRINCESS TWILIGHT!" the other ponies shouted as applause.

"Well ... um ... thank you all for this ... surprise!" Twilight said hesitantly.

"Surprise?!?" Nightmare Moon exclaimed amused and laughed.
"Do not say that you did not expect this! But that's not important, because now the celebration can really start!

"The crowd cheered, then parted and the celebrations began.

"And? What do you say? "Nightmare Moon looked expectantly at Twilight,

"Oh, excuse me ... I have yet to get used to seeing you without your armor." Twilight still wondering.

"There is also a reason that I always wear it. It's a part of me, created with the same spell. But enough of that."
Nightmare Moon waved off "Tonight, it's all about you, so have fun."


A pony stepped to Nightmare Moon.


"Well, if you excuse me ... Miss Maledicta, Quid agis? Immortality adeptus? Infigo ..."


Twilight never heard that language before. But she did not care much about it at the moment and turned away with a shudder. That was certainly a scary pony. Red mane matching her red eyes and her pale fur wrapped in a black cloak.
She could be a vampire thought Twilight amused.

She went for a walk around the garden and if possible avoided the other guests. She could not see Spike anywhere. He probably went back to her rooms.
Maybe it would be better if you just ...


"Excuse me, princess? I could not stand to admire your dress. It fits in nicely with your mane."


Twilight turned around with an ocular scooter, a pony in a suit in front of her, certainly one of the nobles, but she had enough of that today.


"Thank you, well ..."

"Ayn Wye, my name. I'm really pleased to meet you, princess." he answered.


Ayn Wye kept talking but Twilight smiled and only nodded sometimes. That's exactly what she wanted to avoid, but somehow she could not take her eyes off him. This mane style was not really her taste but it looked really good on him. His voice sounded so pleasant that Twilight could probably listen to him forever. And this perfume. Whatever that perfume was, it smelt fantastic.

Ayn stopped talking and looked expectantly at Twilight.


"What was it all about again?" Twilight asked drenched,

"Can I invite you to a dance?" repeated Ayn.

"But I can’t dance," Twilight replied.
"That does not matter, I can show you."


Twilight grabbed his hoof and together they headed for the dance floor in the middle of the garden.


"Twilight?" She heard Nightmare Moon shouting behind her.

"I really do not want to bother you, but I have to talk to you!"

"Can that wait?" Nightmare Moon heard promptly in response.

"I beg you, it's important!" Twilight groaned morosely.

"It's really a bit awkward right now, I just wanted to ..."

"Now!"


Twilight didn't want to make Master angry so reluctantly she walked with her to an undisturbed corner of the garden.


"May I ask what that was supposed to be?!?" Twilight broke out angry.

"If it's not important, I'd like to go back to Ayn."

"No, and you can thank me later. You certainly will not embarrass us with this wannabe. I have already noticed his love portion from 3 meters away. You must have inhaled quite a bit." Twilight was confused.

"Love portion, do you mean his perfume ... "

"It's magical, yes. These are the especially handsome stallions who are trying their best to land with someone of importance, even with such tricks."


Twilight couldn't really argue against it, Nightmare Moon seemed to know what she was talking about. And since the effect had subsided, she was able to think clearly again.


"Oh, ..." came disappointed from Twilight, but this time Nightmare Moon was confused.

"What “Oh”?!? You're a princess, have you never dealt with such lovers?"


Twilight remained silent. Nightmare Moon, too.


"Oh, surely there would have been someone who got on your nerves. And if it was just someone who fell in love with you just because you're a princess." Twilight was still silent.

"I do not believe you, really nobody? "


Twilight sighed.


"I do not remember anyone ever interested in me. Well maybe ... there was this Flash Sentry but he is in another world. The one whose access you have destroyed. But I do not think that really matters. I also looked completely different in their world. Perhaps... "

"No, Twilight, you are not ugly!" Nightmare Moon interrupted her immediately.

"Maybe it was just coincidence, or maybe the ponies in your world do not know what a good catch is."
Nightmare Moon winked at her and Twilight could not help but smile.

"It always felt like something was missing in my princess life. Maybe it was something like that."

"You once told me that for a long time you almost only smiled and waved for the ponies, maybe Celestia kept the hoof on you and no one came too close to you, at least in this regard. But unfortunately I can only speculate. "
Nightmare Moon hugged Twilight with her wings.

"I hope you’re not upset about it. And always remember that I'm here for you! Even with those things."

"Thank you, Master, I really appreciate it." Nightmare Moon finally let go.

"Guess I should retire to my chamber now!" Twilight said wearily,

"Just go ahead, Twilight, leave the rest to me."


Nightmare Moon left Twilight and went to Ayn ​​Wye, who was still hoping for a dance.


"You are Ayn, right? May I ask who invited you?

"Nightmare Moon asked with a threatening undertone, Ayn swallowed,

"Well, you know, Your Majesty, I ... well ... I just do not have my invitation card with me .... "

The Queen raised her eyebrow "I can not remember issuing invitation cards."


She whistled twice and immediately two guards came running in.


"Be important enough for an "invitation card" and you'd better not come here again till then. And if I see you again in near
Twilight, then I expect the courage to do that without the love portion! I banned that stuff for a reason!"
Nightmare Moon turned to her guards, "escort him outside! "


That Nightmare Moon still remained quite fair at the whole, surprised Twilight. But she began to realize how tired she was and just went straight to her chambers.

Spike was already sleeping peacefully in his basket. Twilight threw himself on the bed. Even though she would like to sleep, she still went through the matter with the admirer. Nightmare Moon seemed to let her be more princess than Celestia. Didn't she even say something about her own kingdom? Maybe these things are part of it and Celestia withheld it from her? Maybe also for her best? Who knows.

Twilight finally fell into the long-awaited sleep.