• Published 15th May 2019
  • 713 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Pony: Infinite Night [ENG] - Claud Melchior

  • ...
1
 11
 713

Chapter 15


Twilight and Spike silently followed the queen's request, who led them to an empty wall in the throne room. A spell later a secret door opened, revealing what appeared to be Nightmare Moon's trophy chamber. The two followed the queen through her secret chamber. Many podiums were placed in the room on which all kinds of magic artifacts were displayed and the Duo even recognized some.


Is that Trixie's unicorn amulet and this the book for the manifestation of inspiration?" Spike asked pointing to the objects.


"How do you know about these magic objects?" wondered Nightmare Moon. "This amulet was confiscated by an antique merchant and this obsessed book was found here in the palace during reconstruction. These objects are too dangerous for normal ponies."

"Look, Spike, there's more," said Twilight surprised, pointing to the broken mirror, the portal the that led into the human world. "Did you destroy the portal?" asked Twilight.

"We will certainly do a lot together, my student. But playing with the fabric of the universe won’t be one of them," said The queen in a final tone.


Nightmare Moon waved off. "But maybe you two are interested to see my most important artifacts?" She stopped and pointed to a pedestal on which rested a golden statue and a scepter with a blood-red gemstone.


"Over there is the Idol of Boreas with whom I could unite the griffins as their leader. And there the Blood stone scepter of the dragons. When the dragon lord resigned last week, I gave myself the form of a dragon and won the Gauntlet of fire for the throne. You had to see their faces when the dragons found out who just became the new dragon lord."


Nightmare Moon chuckled.


"Now we know why you were in such a hurry the moment when Spike started to glow so strangely." said Twilight.

"Yes, it was an exciting week for us all. This way you Two." Nightmare Moon led the Duo into the next room.

"Here are my trophies of my defeated enemies. Astonished in awe of your Queen, who never shied away from battle, even when...."

"BY THE PONIES OF EQUESTRIA!"


The queen turned around in surprise and looked into the frightened faces of Twilight and Spike, who saw it a little differently with her "trophies".


"Is that Discord?" Spike asked in shock as he pointed to a pedestal holding the stone head of the draconequus.

"Queen Chrysalis ... or what's left of her..." Twilight pointed to the wall where her wings hung.

"Hmm. I think there might be an explanation needed" estimated the Queen.

" Oh really?!?" replied Spike sarcastically, catching a grim look from Nightmare Moon.

"Yes really! And on your part! Because I can not understand why it’s so bad for you! Discord was too dangerous and Chrysalis attacked the wrong prey. Same goes for Sombra, Tirek and the Storm King over there. I think his name was Bob or Basil or something!" She pointed to a silver crown, a gold pendant, and a wooden stick with an inserted white crystal.
"Did you have tea parties with these awful creatures or am I getting it wrong?" Twilight and Spike looked at each other.

"Only with Discord ..." said Twilight hesitant. Nightmare Moon looked at Twilight with a raised eyebrow.

"And why do you have tea parties with the spirit of chaos in your time line?" asked Nightmare Moon expectantly.

"It turned out that he only needed friends who accepted him for what he is and so he became relatively sociable." Twilight explained to Nightmare Moon.

"Huh ..." came from the Queen dumbfounded.
"Then he should have made these friends when he had the chance to!"


Twilight already imagined Nightmare Moon's answer, but when she actually said it, Twilight's runed cold down the back.


"Let's just leave it all for another time." said the Queen.


She passed the last podium without saying a word. Maybe for the better. Twilight and Spike didn't necessarily want to hear what happened to the owner of the golden crown of Equestria.

Nightmare Moon walked to the only empty wall in the room, casted the same spell and beckoned Twilight and Spike inside.


"This is my secret workshop where I try to create my own magic artifacts. You’re allowed to feel honored. You are the first to see this place."


Twilight and Spike looked around fascinated. In the room was a small stone table, a shelf filled with all kinds of appliances and a mirror. Twilight noticed the covered, pony-shaped object in the corner. Certainly her present. She expects a dress.


"Well, Twilight and Spike. You're both here, because Twilight, even when almost destroying us, has done more than well with her magic. That's why I've decided to give you this little thing now because I believe that no one will come close to you with bad intentions."


While Nightmare Moon spoke, she moved the gift between her and Twilight.


"Twilight Moon, in my most secret chamber, I present to you, as a sign of my trust for you and for your dragon, something that you can truly call yourself Twilight Moon."


Nightmare Moon finally revealed her gift and Twilight's jaw dropped.

A beautiful silver armor with the most beautiful ornaments that Twilight had ever seen. The armor was reduced to the bare essentials as well as Nightmare Moon's armor. A helmet, a breastplate and short hoof guards for all four hooves. Everywhere stars were engraved in the form of their beauty spot and in some places amethysts had been embedded. The purple sparkle of these gems made this armor look almost unreal. But above all hung Twilight's view of the breastplate. In the center Nightmare Moon embedded her Element. It covered almost the entire breastplate and glowed just barely noticeable.


"How do you like my student? I made it myself. Twilight?"
But Twilight did not answer as she continued to stare fixedly at her armor and gently wished her hoof over the Element,
"You like it?" Nightmare Moon asked again.

"Beautiful, Master." Twilight replied spellbound,

"I was hoping you'd say that." Nightmare Moon said in delight. But before you put it on, you need a spell from me. Hold still for a moment.


Nightmare Moon Horn began to glow. Twilight was lifted into the air and Nightmare Moon's spell began to circled around Twilight, entering through her chest.


"How do you feel now?" Nightmare Moon asked expectantly.

Twilight thought. "Not different."

"Well then. The spell unlocks the benefits of the armor. It weighs nothing for you and the memorial stone in the helmet will help you to memorizing. But the highlight is the energy storage! Made out of your element! Come, try it! I can’t wait to see how you look like in it!"


That was the strangest thing Twilight had ever experienced. Seeing herself in an armor like Nightmare Moon's and Nightmare Moon right next to her was an indescribable experience. She, the evil queen who brought the eternal night, and Twilight, who has been holding off Nightmare Moon as her student for almost three weeks to return to her world and undo her present. She certainly had her evil characteristics and she can be easily irritable that she felt especially at the beginning.

But she had been more for her in this short time than Celestia in all these years. Celestia never took the time to help her with her spells. Nightmare Moon taught her all of the magic herself, even when she had a kingdom to rule and sacrificed almost all of her time to her. No matter how small Celestia's praise was, it has always been such an honor for Twilight to even stand in front of Celestia. But now she started to get other thoughts about her. Like a facade that starts to crumble.

And when Nightmare Moon put her hoof on her shoulder and looked at her almost maternally, Twilight could not help but smile.