• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,652 Views, 2,278 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,278
 6,652

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Grass Land

They reached Grass Land, the Warp Star disappearing as they hit the ground.

It worried Sweetie Belle. "What happened to the Warp Star? Is it normal?"

Kirby nods.

"Say... Why did we go there, rather than going directly to Dark Castle?"

Kirby made gestures as if he was punching something.

"To beat the bad guys in all the islands?" Sweetie Belle guessed.

Kirby nodded.

"I understand. If it's like the previous times, then Dedede has sent his lieutenants. Actually, maybe he did like with the Star Rod and gave them something important to protect? Like whatever could repair the bridges?"

Kirby nodded again, smiling. "Poyo!"

"Then let's go!" She smiled back.

And so, the two started exploring the island. It wasn't long before they encountered the first of Dedede's minion: a Waddle Dee walking right toward them.

Here we go...

The Waddle Dee was clearly sad to attack Sweetie Belle, but she knew he didn't have a choice. Kirby didn't hesitate though, and ate the Waddle Dee before he could do anything. Thankfully, Sweetie remembered that the Waddle Dee was not dead, he will reappear not too far. Now that she was with Kirby, she will have to get used to that.

They continued their way, Kirby eating the Broom Hatter that followed, making a kerchief appear on his head like Sweetie had around her neck, and a broom.

Oh right. His Copy Ability. He will fight with a broom?

Kirby proved her that yes, he could fight with a broom by sweeping the Waddle Dees that were next, including one that was on a floating yellow block with a star. Sweetie saw these blocks everywhere in Dream Land, and knew that they could be destroyed with a strong enough attack, like a strong punch. They could also serve to pass some obstacles, like right now where the block could help her reach the top of a cliff otherwise too high to reach for her. The broom wasn't really effective at knocking down the Waddle Dees, but at least it opened them for Sweetie to attack them. Kirby decided to give up the Ability seeing that it wasn't effective. He had already tested it the previous time, but he had hoped that he would have gained more power with it since then.

After passing that cliff, which was actually a wall of earth, they started to encounter more enemies, including Waddle Dees, Broom Hatters (Kirby spat them back to not gain their Ability), a Bronto Burt, and Bouncys, pink creatures constituted of a pink head that looked like the top half of Kirby on a spring and wearing a darker pink bow. Sweetie hadn't encountered many of the last ones in the castle, they preferred bouncing in freedom in big spaces, like grasslands. Because of the number of enemies, she had to fight, knocking out one of the Broom Hatters and one of the Bouncys.

They then reached a black door. Those black doors! They were EVERYWHERE and they didn't make any sense! Because they could lead anywhere in the close area! And sometime, you took a door, reached a new area, but couldn't go back to the previous area because there was no door leading back! Because of that, she got lost more than once in her explorations of Dream Land, even inside the castle, which was full of them! They could be fun to explore, but when you just wanted to traverse an area, they could become annoying.

Anyway, they took this door, and... Oh! Surprise! They appeared in a new area, and no door to go back! She facehoofed. Get used to it Sweetie!

They quickly encountered another enemy: a Poppy Bros. Jr. Cute guys, if it wasn't for their love to hop around with bombs in their hands! They possessed a big tan head on a smaller body in a blue clown clothe with two white buttons, with two feet in pointed yellow shoes, and two round hands that were actually floating! This meant no arms to attach them to the body! They also had a blue floppy cap with a white rim, and the cap possessed a white pom pom at its end. Had she said about the bombs? Not the kind of bombs that splash you in water or cover you in paint. The kind that go boom and leave behind a crater. Yeah... The ones that hurt... Sweetie tried to avoid them as much as possible just in case one of those bombs had a default and exploded.

And now, she had to fight them too! Joy!

Luckily for her, Kirby ate the Poppy before he threw his bomb. That was followed by a blue cone hat appearing on Kirby, and a bomb appearing on his hand.

I think I will keep my distances.

After the encounter with the Poppy, they reached a wooden bridge above a small hole, a door at the bottom. Kirby decided to see where the door led and jumped from the bridge while Sweetie took the approaching Waddle Dee in her magic and sent him away before following the puffball. At the other side of the door, they encountered a new enemy that made Sweetie freak out.

It was a green parasol... with an eye! A living parasol that was now hopping toward them without anyone holding it!

"Eep!" She took a step back.

Kirby, not scared by the weird enemy, threw one of his bombs to the green parasol who was sent flying by the explosion. He continued to throw bombs at the blocks behind the parasol, eventually finding an energy drink, and drank it. Because why not?

Yeah, somehow, there was food a little everywhere in Dream Land, from cakes to ice creams. Pinkie would love this world, Sweetie loved it too for that. When you find free ice cream by simply breaking a block, hooves down, that meant best world ever! Even if it meant dealing with those black doors.

They returned in the previous area and Sweetie jumped back on the bridge only to be punched by a Waddle Dee.

"Sorry!" the Waddle Dee said.

Sweetie punched him back, knocking him out. "I'm sorry too!"

Kirby sweated at seeing this scene. She was really friends with those guys. Too bad he drank the bottle, it could have healed her. He then saw a Poppy approaching Sweetie from behind and exploded him with a bomb.

They continued, jumped from a small cliff, and reached a pyramid of blocks inside of which were hidden a couple of Waddle Dees and some sort of yellow chick in an egg. When the egg was destroyed, before Sweetie had even time to "Aww!" the chick started to fly toward them, beak ready to poke them. Kirby didn't let it come close. After a few more Bouncys, Waddle Dees, and another Poppy, they reached another door leading to another part of the island.

In this new area, there were pillars of stone and barriers. They were immediately welcomed by a Flamer. A red, round thing with a single eye at the center and four holes on his sides from which he expelled fire. In the castle, Sweetie hadn't really interacted with them, the creatures preferring minding their business while moving on the walls above everyone else. This one had been turning around a block, ready to great them. When they approached him, he expelled his flames around him and charged at them, like a comet. They dodged him, Kirby getting rid of his Bomb Ability. He then ate the Flamer which caused a crown made of fire to appear on his head with some gold around it and a jewel at the front. The famous Fire Ability that Waddle Dee talked about.

Kirby immediately used it to roast a Waddle Dee and a Poppy. Not far behind the Poppy was one of the yellow chicks that Sweetie knocked out, not wanting it to become fried chicken. A few more enemies later, they reached a big wall with a tunnel blocked by more blocks. With the fire, Kirby charged through them like a comet, destroying them and revealing that the tunnel led to another door.

By passing it, they ended up in a room with no way back. Before them was some black... hedgehog thing with spiky hairs, small round arms, yellow eyes, and red feet. He jumped in the air and then fell toward them like a meteor. They dodged him and Sweetie spotted then a bag hanging from the ceiling in the center of the room, something moving inside it.

"Oh my gosh! There is someone in that bag!"

"Poyo!" Kirby tried to warn her, but too late. She was hit by the hedgehog falling on her, badly burning her. Kirby quickly charged at the creature with his fire, burning him and sending him hitting a wall. He then continued attacking by spitting fire at the creature before he got up, burning him until he moved away.

Despite the hit, Sweetie was able to get up and she looked angrily at the hedgehog. When he landed, then jumped and tried to fall on Kirby, she ran where he hit the ground and punched him three times before sending him flying by bucking him. One last charge from Kirby knocked him out for good.

Their enemy beaten, Kirby flew toward the bag and unhooked it, letting it fall on the floor. The bag opened to reveal a hamster with white fur, brown on the head above the muzzle, on the back, and on his rump, and pink feet, about the size of Sweetie Belle! When out of the bag, he jumped in joy before nuzzling both Kirby and Sweetie Belle in thanks.

Sweetie laughed at being nuzzled by the hamster. "You are welcome! What is your name?"

Obviously, the hamster couldn't talk. Instead, it was Kirby who said something, surprising her. "Rick! Rick!" he said, jumping.

"You can talk?" Sweetie Belle asked in shock.

"Poyo?" Kirby answered, tilting his head. She just shook her head at this.

"So you know this hamster? You have been to these islands before?" Sweetie Belle asked to Kirby who nodded. He then jumped on Rick who was suddenly briefly surrounded by a light. However, when the light disappeared, nothing had changed. "What happened?" Kirby and Rick just shrugged at her, making her sigh.

They exited the room, Kirby riding Rick. Then, at the first Waddle Dee approaching, Rick spat fire at him!

"Wait, what?! Since when can hamsters spit fire?" Rick pointed at Kirby. "You are saying you possess the same Ability that Kirby currently possesses?!" He nodded. "But... How..." He shrugged. This made her throw her hooves in the air. "Alright! Whatever! This world doesn't make sense! Let's just continue! I will just say it's magic!" she yelled, making both Kirby and Rick chuckle.

They then found another bottle on a floating block. Rick destroyed the block by spitting fire at it after jumping, and the bottle fell on the floor. Kirby then hopped off of Rick and drank the bottle.

"Hey! Wait! I need it to heal!" Sweetie yelled.

Kirby finished the bottle, then came before her.

And he kissed her.

Shocked, she didn't have time to say anything before she felt the bottle's liquid enter her mouth, healing her. Once done, Kirby separated their mouths, leaving Sweetie Belle as red as a Waddle Doo. Kirby tilted his head at her reaction. Rick too.

After a moment of processing what just happened, Sweetie Belle suddenly shouted a high pitched scream, forcing both Kirby and Rick to put their arms... hands... paws... whatever on their ears, even if Kirby didn't have ears.

"T-t-t-t-t-th-th-t-thatwasmyfirstkiss!"

"Poyo?"

"K-Kirby! Why did you do that?"

"Poyo poyo! Poyo!"

"I thank you for the heal, but you didn't have to do that! You could have just given me the bottle ! Or let me take it! Or drink a half of it before letting me drink the second half! But-but not giving the drink to me with a mouth to mouth! That's not... That's not okay! You understand?" Sweetie approached Kirby and then screamed at his face, "YOU DON'T KISS OTHERS TO GIVE THEM FOOD!!!" making Kirby fall on his back. She then put her hooves on her face, hiding her eyes. "I wanna die..."

Kirby pat her back and Rick nuzzled her, trying to calm her. A Waddle Dee not far wasn't sure of what to do, having seen the whole scene. He decided to leave them alone, telling his comrades the same thing. He will have to tell what happened to the others once that ordeal ended!


After calming down, still a little red, Sweetie, alongside Kirby and Rick, reached a new black door without encountering enemies, thankfully. Before entering it, she stopped and turned toward Kirby. "L-listen, Kirby. I'm not mad at you. You just wanted to do well. But, in the future, when you find food, and I need to be healed, just give it to me. Ok?" Kirby nodded and they passed the door.

In the next area, they avoided the Waddle Dee and the Broom Hatter jumping on them from two wooden bridges above them and eliminated them. Kirby was then surprised by a Waddle Dee punching him from behind, which had for effect to knock out his Ability in the form of a star. Kirby quickly inhaled it back while Sweetie slammed the Waddle Dee on the ground with her magic. She barely avoided a Poppy trying to roll on her on a large apple coming from the top of a slope. Kirby roasted the apple and the Poppy on it before eating the apple.

After some jumps, they reached the small lake with, at the bottom, a tomato with a big M on it. At that, Kirby smiled his biggest happy smile and went in the water to eat it, Sweetie noting that goggles for swimming appeared on his eyes. (Don't question it!) If Kirby loved it to this point, it must be delicious, and now, she would like to try one. Just after the lake, they broke a pile of blocks between two pillars, revealing a door. This led them between two bigger pillars with a wooden bridge above them linking the two pillars. They jumped on it. A little farther were two other pillars, taller and linked by another bridge. A longer bridge was above it, letting them jump on two other pillars even taller, and they reached another taller pillar with a smaller pillar on it. A door was at the top. The bridges and pillars were full of enemies, but Rick was able to spit fire on most of them and Sweetie Belle watched his back by throwing down with her magic the ones approaching from behind. Sweetie threw the chick in front of the door and they passed it.

They did well to pass this door, because it led them inside a room. After jumping down a few steps, they reached a hallway where the ceiling seemed to be able to be destroyed. But the blocks were sturdy, the fire doing nothing to them. They needed a weapon. They were forced to continue their way, jump up a few steps and pass another door. In the other side, they were greeted by a Parasol Waddle Dee falling slowly from the sky, but instead of having a normal parasol, he held one of those green living ones with an eye.

Kirby got an idea and gave up is Fire Ability before inhaling both the Waddle Dee and the parasol, making a parasol appear in Rick's hand.

"Do you think it will work?" Sweetie Belle asked. Kirby just waved at her to follow him and they passed the door again, getting back in the room. They returned to the blocks in the ceiling and Rick used the parasol, destroying them. The new hole in the ceiling led to a secret room where, a few jumps later, they reached a rainbow-colored oval-shaped thing with two stars floating around it. Kirby took it in his arms.

"Do you think this is what will help repairing the Rainbow Bridges?"

Rick was the one who confirmed it by nodding.

"I'm surprised it's not guarded by one of Dedede's lieutenants. I guess he learned from his defeats. Now we have to really search everywhere. I suppose there is one on each islands."

Kirby nodded at her conclusion, then ate the Rainbow Drop, as Sweetie decided to call it.

"Hum... Reassure me, you can spit it back, right?" When Kirby nodded, she sighed in relief.

They left the room and resumed their journey. Outside, they reached another tomato. Kirby was about to gobble it when he saw Sweetie looking at the tomato in curiosity. He teared off the tomato into three parts and gave one to her.

"Really? You don't mind?"

He shook his head.

Sweetie took the part of tomato, said, "Thank you!" and smiled at him before looking at her part of tomato. Even if it was just a part, it was still big! Enough to fill her for a moment! She tasted it, and immediately, stars formed in her eyes. "It... It... It's the best thing I have ever eaten!" she shouted. "No wonder you love it!" She then continued to eat.

Kirby smiled at her comment before giving the second part to Rick and eating his own.

The few enemies around decided to let Sweetie eat in peace.

After the tomato, Dedede's minions became more numerous, but Rick didn't have any problem using his parasol to knock them, Sweetie ending the ones still moving. After a few jumps on pillars, they reached a door. With the presence of all these minions, it wasn't hard to guess that they were getting close to the leader. So Sweetie gulped, not knowing if she was ready to face a lieutenant of Dedede.

They passed it.


They appeared just in front of the lieutenant, a big tree with a face, but... there was something wrong with him, despite the fact that he had a face. His eyes were all swirly, no wait, he was wearing swirly glasses, and he had a white mask above his mouth, similar to what the doctors or the really sick ponies... people used.

"Yo-you are here," the tree said, his voice muffled by the mask.

"A living tree... Wait! Are you Whispy Wood? What are you doing here? I thought that you were living in a forest! In the mainlands!"

"It's not because I'm a tree that I'm stuck at the same place. I can move. Ugh... Can you stop moving you... you... six? Nine? I hate grasslands..."

Wait... Sweetie gave a deadpan look at Whispy. "You have allergies? A tree can have allergies from pollen?"

"I'm a living being! I can be sick! And I'm as vulnerable to pollen as anyone else!"

"Sorry! I didn't want to judge! You are the first talking tree that I encounter."

"Anyway," Whispy suddenly said. "I will stop you."

"Even if you are sick? You have already lost to Kirby two times when you weren't! How do you expect to beat him?"

"I have developed a new trick. Don't underestimate me."

Whispy then started the fight making roots poke out of the ground... two meters at their right, then just behind them, then at their left. They didn't even need to move to avoid them. Kirby, still on Rick, decided to spare Whispy more embarrassment and led the hamster to approach him before attacking him with the parasol. Sweetie approached too to punch him only for her hoof to hurt.

"Ow!"

"Did you really expect to be able to punch a tree?" Whispy mocked.

"My friend's big sister and big brother can! I just need to get stronger!"

"Well, to get stronger, you need to eat your fruits. Here are some apples for you."

Giant apples started to fall from Whispy's branches, threatening to hit Sweetie, Kirby, and Rick on their head. Rick approached Sweetie Belle and used the parasol to protect all of them. Sweetie decided to step back to not be as exposed and let Kirby and Rick fight.

The following fight was a joke. Thanks to the Parasol Ability, the apples were doing nothing, and because of Whispy's allergy making him wear swirly eyes for some reason, his roots missed nine times out of ten. Sweetie was able to avoid the rolling apples without problems, trying to think of a way to help Kirby. That was when Whispy made a desperate attempt by making apples raining all around him with nowhere to dodge when they started rolling with how many there were. Kirby and Rick could easily protect themselves by getting their back directly against Whispy's trunk and using the Parasol, but Sweetie had nothing to protect herself. She was washed away by a real wave of apples as big as her! Once the rain stopped, Kirby and Rick ran toward where they last saw her and dug her out, hurt, but alive. But then, a root poked out of the ground just under Rick's feet and sent both him and Kirby flying, knocking the Parasol Ability out of the puffball.

Oh no! They are being hurt because they are forced to help me! And I can't do anything to help them in return! Sweetie Belle thought, looking at them as they landed a little farther. She then turned her eyes to Whispy, anger filling them. Enough is enough! She jumped on the apples littering the ground. I will not let Kirby do all the work! I have been training for the last two weeks for occasions like this! And he his just Whispy Woods! Dedede told me that he is a pushover! One of the weakest! We will NOT lose to him because of me! During her mental rant, magic started to build up in her horn, a green light surrounding it. "Listen you bully! We have an archipelago to save, and a king to wake up! And it's not a tree as WEAK as you that will stop us!"

"Me? Weak?" Whispy mocked. "Is it not you that hurt yourself hitting my bark just a few minutes ago?" He then started laughing.

This angered Sweetie even more, and before she knew it, she shot a beam from her horn, right between Whispy's eyes, making him close them in pain. This destroyed Whispy's glasses and somehow made his mask fall. It revealed that his eyes and his mouth were actually holes in the bark.

He blinked before saying, "Wait, I'm not sick anymore! Your attack somehow knocked the sickness out of me!" He then stared angrily at Sweetie Belle. "But it has REALLY hurt! I will turn you into fertilizer!"

"Oh... Horsefeather..."

More apples started to fall alongside a few giant worms and even a Gordo! Metal eyed blue balls with spikes around its body moving in and out. When reaching the ground, instead of rolling, it jumped directly at Sweetie Belle who was forced to dodge. While dodging the worms and the apples, she was able to shoot another, smaller beam at Whispy, smiling.

I can shoot lasers! I can shoot lasers! If I wasn't busy trying to stay alive, I would SO jump around screaming yes!

She was then hit by puffs of air sent by Whispy Woods with his mouth, blowing her backward. She shook her head and shot a beam in vengeance. That was when Kirby came back, inhaled one of the apples on the ground, and spat it back at Whispy. More apples rained, more puffs of air came close to blow them, and more roots, this time targeting them right, forced them to jump away. Another Gordo fell, jumped, and was able to hit Sweetie from behind before jumping away.

Seeing Sweetie badly hurt, Kirby looked at all the apples and got an idea to end the battle. He opened his mouth and started to inhale as many apples as he could without swallowing them. After inhaling at least a dozen apples, he spat them all back at Whispy. The tree took them full all in the face!

The apples left a crying Whispy who said, "I... I give up."

Kirby sighed in relief before going to Sweetie to see if she was alright. "Poyo?"

"I'm okay," Sweetie reassured as she sat. "I'm alright. I just need some time. That Gordo has really hurt."

Kirby looked at her, then looked at the apples around them. He took one and proposed it to her.

"An apple? Oh right. It's food, it can heal me. Thank you Kirby."

She looked at the apple. It was half her size! She didn't think she will be able to eat the whole thing. She took a bite. "Oh my gosh!" She took more bites, starting to heal her wounds. Sorry Apple Bloom, but your apples are now seconds. These ones are above them!

As she ate, Kirby and Rick started to eat the other apples, Kirby by inhaling them.


"Ooh..." Sweetie Belle groaned, back on the ground, apple core beside her, and hooves on her aching swollen belly. She turned her head toward Whispy Woods who had stopped crying but hadn't said anything since, watching them. "That was the best apple ever. I may come back to you in the future."

"N... Nice to hear..." he replied.

Rick was also on his back, patting his belly, while Kirby watched over them, having eaten all the apples. He nudged Sweetie Belle, pointing at the Warp Star waiting not far.

"Y-yes. I'm coming. Just wait a minute." she said. She slowly got on her hooves, Rick already up. Once done, the three of them jumped on the Warp Star, and took flight.

Next step: Big Forest. Seriously, what was up with these names?

Author's Note:

Yes, I gave Whispy some attacks that he normaly doesn't use in Dreamland 2, but I wanted to make his first fight against Sweetie epic enough. Beside, if he can drop worms and Gordos from his branches, why not do it now?

As for the Broom and Bomb abilities, I know they didn't exist in Dreamland 2, but like for Whispy's Gordos, why can't he use Broom or Bomb now, and yet use them later? That means that when a minion gives an ability, it will always give this ability.
There will be a few exceptions, like the Propellers. They give Ice in Kirby 64, and yet they give nothing in other games. And frankly, I don't see them as Ice enemies. I would more see them give Bomb.

PreviousChapters Next