• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,656 Views, 2,279 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,279
 6,656

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Wind, Flame and Cave

When the Warp Star reached the third planet many minutes later, which from afar looked like a giant blue ball surrounded by layers upon layers of clouds, Sweetie Belle was still sleeping peacefully. The Warp Star passed between many of those clouds in various colors as well as floating balls and stars until reaching a floor made of more clouds, beside a floating door. Rather than going abruptly and risk another crash like all the previous times, Kirby decided to approach slowly before hopping down from the Warp Star with the filly on his back.

He hesitated to wake her with how peaceful she was. So rather than passing the door and carry on with their adventure, Kirby decided to lay Sweetie on the fluffy cloud, which made the perfect bed. He then took some pièces of cloud from the floor and used them to make a cloud wall with a hole for a door and another one for a window around them. Before long, he created a small cloud house similar to his own house in Dream Land, with the filly sleeping inside. Deciding to use the occasion to take a nap, Kirby went on the floor beside Sweetie Belle, covered himself with her cape while making sure that it still covered her, and snuggled against her. In her sleep, Sweetie put a leg around him as if he was a teddy bear, and soon, he joined her in Dream Land. He should sleep on clouds more often. So fluffy...


Sweetie Belle woke up, slowly opening her eyes. She could feel that she was sleeping on something really soft, and hugging something else just as soft. Looking around, she quickly saw that she was in a round cloud house, and that she had been sleeping on said cloud. She yawned, then looked at what she was hugging, only to raise an eyebrow at seeing that she was hugging a sleeping Kirby.

And now, Sweetie found herself with a few conflicting thoughts. Kirby was a boy, so the two of them sleeping together like that made it weird and she was now blushing, and she had to stop herself from jumping away or pushing him. However, the puffball was far too innocent to be thinking about this kind of thing, and probably only wanted to keep her company and warm, like when she and her friends in Ponyville sleep sometime together during a Cutie Mark Sleepover, especially when it was cold. And it sure was cold here, wherever they were. Beside, with how soft he was, she didn't mind the idea of sleeping with him, he was like a big plushie.

And Celestia darn it, he was adorable.

And did he built this house where they were? Gosh, his kindness could rival Fluttershy's. Such a sweetheart. Now it would be cruel to push him away, as awkward as the situation was. Will she even dare to wake him up? He let her sleep, so... But they should continue their journey, they already lost enough time.

She then could feel him rubbing his face against her, pressing himself against her.

She sighed. Why are you making this so hard?

Waiting until he wakes up it was, then. Curse that ball.


They got out of the house, fully rested and ready to end this adventure. Sweetie looked around her, seeing clouds everywhere alongside those big balls and those stars. So they were in a world made of clouds now? Well, that was nice, but it was a little cold.

She then turned to Kirby at her right and said, "Thank you again Kirby, you are a great friend. Let's... Let's just not talk about it to anyone, they could get ideas."

Kirby tilted his head. "Poyo?"

"... Let's just go."

She then jumped through the black door, Kirby just watching for a moment with a raised eyebrow before following her. They had to fight their way through Chillys, Bronto Burts and a few other enemies trying to stop them for some reason before they reached a small cloud tunnel with a Star Block in the ceiling. There was a strong wind in the tunnel pushing them, so it was a little hard to target it, but Sweetie was able to destroy it, revealing a small hallway going up, and she let Kirby go see what there was up there while she continued, freezing a Twizzy, a bird, in the way with an ice ball before kicking it into another Twizzy.

At the end of the tunnel, she found some food and decided to eat while waiting for Kirby, letting the hot dog for him. No meat, thanks. She remarked some structures further ahead that looked like towers where she could just see the tops poking of the cloud floor. So there were normal buildings in this world? It would be nice to visit them. Kirby came back a few seconds later with a new Ability, the puffball now wearing a metallic hat that looked like a plane, with an engine behind.

"Poyo!" he shouted.

"Hey! What is this Ability? And there, a hot dog for you."

"Poyo!" Kirby thanked her before gobbling the hot dog. He then jumped, and thanks to the engine of his hat, charged right forward at a great speed for one second before the engine stopped. He landed and looked back at Sweetie, raising his left arm shouting; "Poyo!"

"Neat! You can fly fast now!"

Kirby then looked at her, rubbing his chin pensively. Quickly, he ran back to her and jumped on her back. After a small flash, Sweetie could now see metallic wings poking out of her back, each of them with two small engines. "Poyo!" he shouted in joy at that.

"Wait, you are not telling... How my gosh! I could fly?!"

"Poyo!"

"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHQUICKQUICKQUICKQUICK!! I must test it! I must test it!" She then put her four hooves firmly on the floor, neck right and head looking forward. Thanks to the Ability, she instinctively knew how to make the wings work, and before long, she could hear the engines purring and fire starting to get out of them. "Here we GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" she shouted, suddenly taking off at a speed that would make Rainbow Dash proud. Which was too fast! She almost hit one of the towers before quickly going right. She then saw a wall of yellow and green blocks quickly coming, and she tilted her body to go up.

And so, she flew through the clouds, trying not to crash on one of them. She found herself doing loops, U-turns and other zigzags for what looked like hours, only to be a few minutes, until she was able to gain control of her wings and she started to have an idea of what she was doing.

After a whole minute of silence, she then shouted, "WHEEEEEE!!! I'm flying! I'm flying! I don't believe it, I'm flying!"

"Po... Poyo..." Kirby groaned on her back, his pink turning green.

After a few more minutes of flying around, they were able to reach where they had been, only they directly landed at the end of the path, beside a door. Sweetie then took Kirby from her back and hugged him. "I can never thank you enough for this! Thank to you, I was able to fly! Fly! First the ninja, and now this! Oh Kirby! Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Kirby rubbed his cheek against hers before stepping back and jumping back on her back. He then pointed at the door, shouting, "Poyo!"

"Alright Kirby! Let's go!"

She ran through the door with the biggest smile she could give, only for this smile to disappear at seeing what awaited them after it. They found themselves in a small room, with a Parasol Waddle Dee, a Parasol Waddle Doo, and not one, not two, but THREE doors.

"Uh... Alright Kirby, where do we go?"

Kirby looked at the three doors, then pointed at each door in turn while singing, "Po po po popoyopoyopoyo..." Eventually, he stopped at the door in the center. "Poyo!"

"Well... Let's hope that luck is with us."

Slowly, with the help of a small push from her wings, she flew to the door and took it only to end in a similar room with more doors. She could see that they were in a different room because the decor and the enemies guarding it were not the same.

"Oh please... no..."

She took one of the other doors, and they ended up in another different room with more doors.

She gave a deadpan look. "A door maze..."

Kirby gave a deadpan look too. "Poyo..."



"I... hate... mazes..."

They were actually in a room with three doors, a Grizzo, which was some sort of bear with stripes on its back, and two Noddys, round creature that passed their time sleeping with a sleeping cap on their head. They had now gone through at least two dozens doors, some of them they probably took more than once, but it was hard to say with how the rooms all looked almost identical.

Wait, she could swear she had been in this room before... Oh yeah, she had come from the middle door and had taken the left one. And now... they entered it from the left door. Urg... Well, this meant that they hadn't taken the right door, hopefully it will lead to a new room.

They took it.

On the other side, something fell before them.

"Wha-" BAOUM!!!

Whatever it had been, it caused a big explosion. Sweetie and Kirby fond themselves propelled in the air, the Jet Ability knocked out of the puffball. Despite the pain, Kirby quickly got up and took back the Ability before it disappeared. Sweetie, meanwhile, slowly sat up, rubbing one of the burns she got.

"Owie... What happened?"

Answering her, Kirby went on a platform, started to walk in a funny way toward the edge, then at the edge he let himself fall. When he reached the floor, he shouted, "Boum!"

Sweetie facehoofed. "That was a Bomber?"

Kirby nodded.

Sweetie looked up toward the ceiling. "But where did it fall from?"

He shrugged. He then took a Maxim Tomato on the floor of the room and gave a half to her.

"At least, there is that. Thanks."

As they ate, Kirby pointed at the door in the center of the room, on the floor. Seeing the door, then the big star on top of it, she gobbled the remain of the tomato, took Kirby on her back, and ran through the door without looking back.

They were out of this bucking maze! Yay!

On the other side, they were on a small arena made of blocks, and before them came a familiar big eye. The eye gathered clouds around him, and before long, a Kracko lookalike in a grey-blue color was facing them. Was this his brother? Or the same Kracko but with a different color?

Sweetie took her whip and turned on her reactors, ready to start the fight. She didn't have to wait long, because Blue Kracko charged at her only two seconds later. She flew away from him and shot a beam at him before dodging a lightning bolt. Avoiding more bolts, she flew away again before doing an U-turn, charging right through the Blue Kracko, making a big hole in his cloud. She restarted the same maneuver only to be hit by a lightning bolt before Kracko rammed her. She counter-attacked with her whip, hitting the cloud a dozen times before flying away.

She retried another charge and was able to dodge a lightning bolt with an aileron roll, and another with a second in the opposite direction, before passing through Blue Kracko, creating another hole. Blue Kracko decided to fly after her, starting a chase through the sky as the cloud tried to ram her again, shooting dozens of lightning bolts. After a moment, she turned on her back, her head facing the Blue Kracko while still fleeing from him. Kirby had to cling to her back to not fall. Still going left and right to avoid the lightning bolts, she shot back her beams, some of them dodged by Blue Kracko, but with him being bigger, he was not able to avoid all of them.

Eventually, she charged a magical beam in which she infused her energy, she then spun her body, charging right at Blue Kracko again, before shooting the beam right at his eye. The beam hit, and then she rammed his eye, plucking it right out of the cloud. She gripped the eye in her hooves and dove toward the arena where they started the fight. At the last second, she placed the eye under her hooves, and they crashed into the ground, the eye crushed between her and the floor. She then kicked the eye away, letting it fall beyond the edge of the arena.

He was not getting back. This opened the door to the fountain.

"Ah! Take that you Kracko wannabe! I'm Dedede's second in command! Kracko is just one of his lieutenants! You had no chance against me!"

Kirby sweated. "Poyo..." Having fought Kracko not long ago, she should watch out. The cloud was learning and may not be as easy to beat.


After getting out of the cloud world, and after a small trip in space, they now reached the next world: a giant ball of rock on fire. Could they even get close to it without being cooked alive?

Seemed like yes, as long as they were quick. The Warp Star led them into a hole in the surface, leading to an underground cavern. While still being hot, at least this i=was not TOO hot. They will still need to drink a couple of bottles of water once they get out of here...

The Warp Star crashed them on a rock poking out of a wall, and they already could see that the Jet will be a big nono. There was magma everywhere, and with the Jet, the risks of crashing into it were too high. So Kirby released it and let Sweetie get on his back.

They flew for about a minute, Sweetie shooting a Sir Kibble in the way, before they reached one of these floating cannons that can propel them. Taking it, they were shot to the other side of a big pathway with more magma and a Bomb Block. Once they landed, or rather crashed, Sweetie shot a beam at the bomb only for it to cause magma to fall. With nothing else to do, they continued, flying up before reaching a place where they could walk. In the way, Kirby ate a Sir Kibble to gain the Cutter, and they found an Invincibility Candy.

They looked at each other, Kirby raising an eyebrow. Sweetie sighed. "There are no other ways? Like, you could break it in two and give me just a part?"

He shook his head.

She sighed again. "Alright, go on."

One mouth to mouth later and the both of them were now running as fast as they could, wanting to use their temporal invincibility as much as possible. They passed a door only to find themselves behind a minecart.

Again, they looked at each other, this time smiling. They then both jumped in the minecart and Sweetie used her magic to push it. Taking speed, they now moved forward, somehow rolling on magma, as if they were in an amusement park, not quite like in a roller coaster but close enough. They lost their invincibility, destroyed walls, pushed in the ground wooden stakes, sometime somehow creating a path, and rammed enemies in the way, all the while laughing in fun. Sadly, they had to jump out of the minecart when a wall of magma suddenly appeared in front of them, Kirby taking Sweetie on his back. Luckily, there was another minecart after the wall, with some food floating in front, including a Maxim Tomato. Sweetie took them in her magic and, after eating two candies, a half of the tomato, and drinking fruit juice, she started to push the minecart.

Sadly again, the ride didn't last long before they were stopped by another wall of magma that was followed by a door. It led to another area full of magma everywhere in the floor and the ceiling, and Sweetie was forced to go back on Kirby's back so he could fly them through it, avoiding Gordos in the way. Sweetie saw another Maxim Tomato a little out of the way and took it in her magic in case they got hurt.

They then reached some cannons, leading them through a small maze of cannons, much to Sweetie and Kirby's annoyance. The fact that they couldn't see where they were going because of the cannons didn't help. The first cannon at least led them to yet another Maxim Tomato, and another cannon to yet again another tomato! This made three tomatoes that Sweetie was keeping in her hooves, until they reached a fourth at the end of a small pathway. Sweetie took it in her magic, and they then reached the door to the guardian.

"We can't keep these tomatoes, they will bother us. But I'm starting to get a little full..."

Kirby licked his lips in anticipation of eating four Maxim Tomatoes at the same time.

"Alright, you take three, I take the fourth."

One meal later, they passed the door finding themselves in a big room with nothing in sight. Where was the guardian?

They walked around the room, looking everywhere until, suddenly, Kirby was rammed from behind by something, sending him flying a few meters. When Sweetie turned around, she could see a creature a little bigger than her that looked like some sort of red lizard with two big eyes at the sides of its head and protrusions at the back of its head that looked like horns. It possessed small forelegs with claws, and two long hook-like hind legs that it actually used to stand up.

The lizard looked at her, opened its mouth, and suddenly, she was grabbed by a very long tongue. Next thing she knew, she was trapped inside the lizard's mouth. No wait... Could this be a chameleon? Answer later, right now, she must try to not get eaten. But before she could do anything, she was spit back outside, right into Kirby, making the two of them crash into a wall.

They quickly got up only to see the lizard change color, blending with the room. Yep, it was a chameleon. Sweetie quickly shot an ice ball at its last position, only to hit nothing, the chameleon having already moved elsewhere. Rapidly, Sweetie and Kirby moved to the center of the room and went back to back, not leaving any blind spot to not be surprised.

...

...

"Poyo!"

Sweetie turned her head and saw a tongue coming at them. She took her whip, dodged the tongue with Kirby, and wrapped the whip around the tongue.

"Grab the whip! Quick!"

Kirby understood and took the whip alongside her. Forcefully, they pulled on it, and they were able to lift the chameleon from its spot. Another pull, and it was slammed on the floor, forming many cracks in it. Kirby quickly threw his blades at it, and Sweetie wrapped her whip around the hind legs, crippling it. But the chameleon was a smart one, and it started to use its forelegs to spin, dragging her around it. Kirby was forced to jump to avoid her while she tried to regain control, without success. Kirby ran to the chameleon and went on its back where he lashed out at it with countless slashes from his blades.

Sweetie then got the idea to trap her hind legs to the floor with ice, so she pointed her horn to them and did so. Even if the cold hurt her, at least, it worked, and she stopped being dragged by the chameleon, immobilizing it. The chameleon still tugged at the whip, trying to break the ice, but Kirby then slashed at one of its eyes, stopping it from tugging, instead trashing on the floor in pain. This left it vulnerable to more slashes from Kirby and charged beams from Sweetie until, finally, it stopped moving.

Sweetie released the legs, melting the ice with some fire, and approached the chameleon, glaring at it, daring it to move. Kirby jumped from its back and went before its face, blade ready to cut.

It opened its eyes, then its mouth, and Kirby found himself trapped inside it. It turned around, ready to spit him back at the filly, only to suddenly put its claws around its neck, its expression turning into one of pain. It then spat Kirby on the floor before it, cuts visible on its tongue, and more inside its mouth. Sweetie took this to charge a Force Blast and fired it inside its mouth. It flew and crashed right on its back at the impact and stopped moving again.

The door appearing proved to them that this time, it will not wake up anytime soon.

They sighed in relief. This chameleon took more effort to beat that they had thought first.


Finished with the fire planet, they followed the trail to the next world. This time, the world they were approaching seemed to have nothing special, just being a big ball of rocks. When they passed the atmosphere, they found out that the whole world was mountainous, with clouds hiding their base. The Warp Star crashed them on one of those mountains, right beside the door probably leading inside it.

Passing it, they ended up in a cave facing a Bio Spark that Kirby ate, much to Sweetie's joy. After passing a Gim, the robot with a cap and a yo-yo, they took a ladder going down, watching out the Gordo going left and right in the way. Another ladder, this time going up, with another Gordo later, and they ended up in a room with crates as floor where a Chef Kawasaki was waiting them. He was an orange egg-shaped being wearing a chef outfit, with two tubby arms, and two pink red feet. And his first action was to try to fry them, trying to drag them into a cauldron with his ladle that could extend. Sweetie simply took the ladle in her hooves and used it to lift the chef before dumping him head first into the cauldron. His body caused the cauldron to roll, spilling the hot soup all over the crates. The chef didn't wake up after that.

Leaving the unconscious chef, they reached an intersection with a path going forward and a ladder going down. They decided to take the ladder only to discover that it led to more paths. At this instant, they understood: another maze.

Sweetie screamed.



This one was the worst so far. Not only they had to find the right way, but they had to fight many stronger opponents along the way, like a Poppy Bros. Sr, a Mr. Frosty, a Bonkers, or an Iron Mam-big armored ball with spiked balls for shoulder pads, two big round pink hands that were not attached to the body, two pink shoes, and a pink bow-and many others. Right now, after a long hallway full of food, they were fighting a Bugzzy. Too bad the Bugzzy was in a dead end.

The Bugzzy charged at them with his mandibles ready to grab them, one of his eyes swollen because of a punch from Sweetie, and many cuts all over his body because of Kirby. The ninja puffball jumped out of the way while throwing kunais, and Sweetie sidestepped him before punching him between the eyes with an energy charged hoof, sending him flying. Kirby ran after him, took his katana, and slashed his belly, making him drop unconscious.

This caused a door to appear.

Sweetie's eye twitched. "We had to fight those guys... until we find the one that opens the door? In this maze?"

"Poyo..." Kirby rubbed his head before going to the door, followed by a filly taking deep breaths to calm herself. They ended up in an area, where they saw a big metallic door like there were in the Halberd, the kind that opened with a switch. Said switch was revealed to be after a Bomb Block, which the destruction caused water to fall, forcing them to swim up. Hitting the switch with a beam from Sweetie, they quickly went back down and were able to pass the door before it closed. Behind this door, they found a black door leading to a small room with some food, including a Maxim Tomato and an Invincibility Candy.

Now the two of them invincible, they ended up in the previous area, above the metallic door. Quickly running on the remaining path above them, they ran up some slopes, went down two ladders, ignored the Maxim Tomato at the end, and passed the door to the guardian.

They were now on a platform arena in a giant room plunged in the dark. Looking around, they eventually saw something appear in the dark, and whatever it was, it was giant. Or at least, it looked giant. They could just see the head, and even then, they could only see a few features: stone-like eyes, a big stone-like mouth, two stone-like ears with diamond-shaped earrings, a stone on the forehead, and some stone-like thing on his head that is maybe hair. Thanks to all these features, they could see that the head was square-shaped, and that was all, the rest being hidden in the dark. Also, Sweetie and Kirby were even smaller than his eyes... What was his full size? Unless it was just a big floating head? Hard to say.

Then, a giant floating hand made of stone appeared above them and dropped on them, only for it to be destroyed by their invincibility that disappeared just after. The destruction of the hand seemed to hurt the giant.

Another hand appeared and tried to ram them, and Kirby jumped above it while sending kunais at it. Sweetie just avoided it by running out of the way before sending a normal beam at it, not having more time to charge before it disappeared in the dark.

Kirby then jumped on Sweetie's back, giving her the Ninja Ability, and she used it to avoid another hand that turned into a bunch of boulders raining on them. A second hand snapped its finger, causing more boulders to rain from the ceiling. All the while, Sweetie jumped from boulder to boulder, sending shurikens at the hands and the face of the giant, not making much damage. Two hands appeared on both sides of the arena and tried to crush Sweetie and Kirby between them only for Sweetie to jump again, but this time, she made sure to fall on one of the hands, getting lifted by it.

This made the giant angry and he tried to get rid of Sweetie by shaking his hand first, then by turning it so Sweetie would fall into the abyss, but thanks to the Ninja Ability, she clung to it no matter what he tried all the while attacking the hand. The giant then tried to punch her with another hand only for Sweetie to jump on it while the punch caused the first hand to be destroyed, hurting himself.

On the second hand, Sweetie shot charged beams at his eyes, making him close them. In pain, he shook his hand again, without success, until Sweetie took a katana and jumped directly toward the head, planting the katana in the stone in the giant's forehead. Getting her hind legs around the katana and letting herself hang from it, she then charged a Giga Force Blast and fired it right between the giant's eyes, making him yell in pain. She saw a fist coming right at her and got on her katana before jumping from it just as the fist collided with the giant's face, planting the katana entirely into the stone. At this moment, as he yelled again in pain, she threw kunais on his eyes, inside his mouth, and on his stone, the kunais having red burning parchments.

Just as she landed on the arena, the parchments burned completely and exploded. With a last scream of pain, and with smoke coming out of his mouth, his eyes, and his now destroyed stone, the giant fell on his back, making the whole room shake.

...

...

"Did I just knock out a giant at least one hundred times my size?"

Author's Note:

I know we only see Wham Bam Rock's head, but it's never precised if it's a floating head or if he has a body, so I decided to let him have a body.

I also remembered that I hadn't reread the previous chapter before posting it. Now it's done and it shouldn't have as much errors.

PreviousChapters Next