• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,655 Views, 2,279 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,279
 6,655

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 113: Return to Equestria

The peace of Ponyville is disturbed when ponies see a giant star-shaped portal suddenly appear in the sky. Many panic and go to hide in their house, but a few immediately understand what it means and look at the portal in anticipation.

Then, a majestic flying ship of blue and white comes out of the portal, and slowly starts to descend toward the exterior of the town. Ponies that haven't gone to hide look in awe at the ship, and some of them, pushed by curiosity, follow it. Before long, the ship lands, or rather, remains hovering just above the ground, and an entrance appears on its side, followed by a ramp linking it to the ground. Already, dozens of ponies are gathered around the ramp, most of them keeping their distance just in case.

Then, a silhouette appears in the light coming from the inside of the ship, and the next instant, a white filly that everypony knows but nopony has seen in over a year, now wearing a pink uniform with golden gauntlets, a red cape, a belt, and a golden circlet, is descending the ramp, followed by a living baby dragon doll.

As she descends the ramp, the eyes of the filly fall on a white mare that has slowly started to approach. Then, they both run until they wrap each other in a hug, tears streaming from their eyes.

"Rarity! I... I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Sweetie."

They are quickly joined by Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, the two of them happily hugging their friend, crying in joy.

"Yer back! Yer finally back!" says Apple Bloom.

"Now the Crusaders are together again!" says Scootaloo.

While the ponies have their emotional reunion, Dissy looks at them, smiling proudly. "My mission is over." He then smiles warmly at the filly. "Goodbye, Sweetie Belle." Then, with a snap of his fingers, he disappears.

More friends of Sweetie Belle and/or Rarity come to them to welcome back the filly while other ponies approach the Lor Starcutter to admire it.

Seeing this, Sweetie Belle giggles. "You can enter if you want. Just don't touch the keyboard. The thing with all the buttons."

As ponies start to enter the ship, Rarity looks at Sweetie Belle and says "My. Sweetie Belle. You look even more gorgeous in this uniform now that you are here." But then, she presses a hoof against her belly with a giggle. "However, I'm putting you on a diet."

Sweetie Belle rolls her eyes. "At least, you don't make a scene of this."

"I would have if I hadn't already known. Unless you want me to still make one."

"No, please!" shouts Sweetie Belle, making her sister giggle.

"So, how was Dreamland?" asks Scootaloo.

"Well, forgetting about the many bad guys trying to take over, the whole thing with the Dark God and all, it was great! Very peaceful, even if living in Dedede's castle was anything but peaceful," she says with a giggle. "But it was nice. The time was always good, even when it was raining, and everyone was friendly, more or less."

Scootaloo smirks. "And the food was good, uh?"

Sweetie sighs. "Yes, it was very good. TOO good. And TOO much. You saw it."

"Yeah, we still can't get over the cookie hills," says Apple Bloom.

"And the ice cream trees," continues Scootaloo.

"And the floating island full of deserts!" shouts suddenly Pinkie Pie. "By the way, I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of parties to make for you! And I will make all of them at the same time, so prepare to have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE party! I will have to make the best party ever!"

Sweetie Belle giggles again. "This will be hard, even for you. We just had a planet wide party a few days ago to celebrate the defeat of Void Termina."

Hearing this, Pinkie becomes as still as a statue, then slowly approaches her face from Sweetie's, gaining a determined expression. "This. Is. On." The next instant, she's gone.

"Oh boy..."

"Alright Sweetie Belle!" then shouts excitedly Scootaloo. "Teach us to fire energy balls!"

"YEAH!!!" shout some of Sweetie's schoolmates surrounding them, mainly colts.

Sweetie Belle sweats. I should have seen it coming... "This will be complicated..."

"How so?" asks Button Mash.

"If you watched me, then you all know about the four Matters, right?"

They nod.

"Well, of the four Matters, only the Dark Matter exists here, in this dimension, not the others. And the thing is that the energy balls I used were created with the help of Soul Matters. I suppose that there is an equivalent here, an energy coming from our soul that we can use to do that kind of thing, but I don't know how different from Soul Matter it will be, and so, how different it will be to train to use it. I already know that magic can be a good equivalent for Dream Matter and Heart Matter, but they aren't the same thing. I can try to train you the same way Knuckle Joe trained me, but I don't know how well this will work."

"We can still try," says Scootaloo.

"You will try once you reach adulthood," says Twilight. "Even if Sweetie Belle learned to fight, it doesn't mean that all of you should follow her example. Or at least, not without the supervision of an adult."

"Like a dojo," says Spike.

"Yes. And only if your parents or legal guardian agree."

"At least, it's not a no," says Scootaloo.

"Yeah, but Ah don't think there'll be many parents who'll let their children learn to throw dangerous energy balls," says Apple Bloom.

"Still worth a try," says Rumble before the foals separate to ask their relatives.

"Open a dojo?" wonders Sweetie Belle. "Eh. Why not, but I don't think I will be there a lot."

"Why?" asks Scootaloo. "You will remain here, right? You will not, like, return to Dreamland in a few weeks, right?"

"No, don't worry. I will return to visit Dreamland every now and then, but I'm planning to remain here until I reach adulthood. But look what I have behind me." She points at the Lor Starcutter. "I have a ship that can traverse to other dimensions." She smiles widely. "So why not use it?"

"You want to go to other dimensions?" asks Rarity with worry.

"And have more exciting adventures! But also, simply, to discover more wonderful worlds and make more friends," says Sweetie Belle. "But not right now, don't worry. I'm planning to rest a while before going adventuring. Especially after those events with Void."

Rarity sighs. "I suppose there is no stopping you..."

"No," says Sweetie with a giggle before she gives Rarity a warm smile. "But I will try to make them short so I would always come back quickly, and only on the weekends. And if you want, I could bring you with me."

"This is a nice thought, Sweetie, but I'm not much of an adventurer, and I have my job at the Carousel. Buuut... Maybe I could try to come sometimes, with the others."

"Yay!"

"What about us? Could we come too?" asks Apple Bloom.

Rarity looks at Applejack who answers. "We would need to make sure there's no dangers first."

Sweetie Belle looks back at the Lor, then at Twilight. "Twilight?" she calls to gain back her attention. "I may need a place for the Lor."

The mare nods. "You are right. I will ask for a platform to be built not far from my castle for it. Now, how about we return to Ponyville? I'm sure there are many places you want to see again, starting with your home."

"Yes!"


The next day, after school.

"You know, as surprising as it is, I really missed school," says Sweetie Belle.

"Only you would miss school," says Scootaloo with a laugh.

"But now, I'm going to the Everfree Forest," then says Sweetie Belle, surprising her friends.

"What?!" they shout.

"Why?" asks Apple Bloom.

"To train. I'm still planning to defeat Kirby, and for this, I need to train. And the only places in Equestria that can give me some challenge are the Everfree Forest and the Dragonlands. Could you tell Rarity where I am?"

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo look at each other, insure, before they both nod.

"Thank you. I'm coming back for dinner." She then starts to walk away, only to stop. "Oh, right. I should go home to take my weapon first." So she takes a different direction and walks away.

Once she's far enough, Pinkie Pie suddenly pops out of nowhere behind the two remaining fillies. "That's perfect! This will give me time to prepare the party without her finding out! Come, you two!"

Before they know it, the two fillies are placed on Pinkie's back before she hops away.

For the rest of the day, roars can be heard from the forest.

Roars of pain.

Somepony even swear they have seen a timberwolf being sent flying toward the sky.


After this good workout, Sweetie Belle returns to Ponyville at dinnertime like she said she would. However, almost as soon as she enters the perimeter of the town, Pinkie Pie jumps out of nowhere with her party cannon and yells "SURPRIIIIIISE!!!" before the cannon fires. The next instant, confetti are raining everywhere, and dozens of banner are now hooked between the buildings Sweetie Belle has been about to pass, each with something written like "WELCOME BACK TO EQUUS!" or "SWEETIE BELLE BEFRIENDED A GOD!" among others, many others.

Before Sweetie Belle can say anything, Pinkie grabs her by her leg, and the next thing she knows, she's in Ponyville's plaza among everypony else in the town, surrounded by all kinds of activities based on her adventures back in the Dream Universe. She looks around in awe.

"What do you think?" starts Pinkie Pie. "I know this isn't a planet wide party like you got, but a party doesn't need to be all over the planet to be the best! The best party is the party where you have a lot of fun with your friends! With fun games, good music, and a lot of very yummy food! Don't worry. I convinced Rarity to let you have it for this time."

"Woah... Thank you Pinkie! I can't wait to try all those activities!" shouts Sweetie Belle before she runs to a random activity consisting of a whack a mole-like game where you hit little figures in the likeness of Sweetie's many villains with a hammer looking like Dedede's (but smaller).

Pinkie Pie has certainly worked a lot for this party to make it the best one possible. It takes place all over Ponyville, with games everywhere. For many hours, Sweetie Belle runs everywhere trying them one after another, having the time of her life with her friends. Sometimes, she goes to a stage to sing a song, making half of Ponyville dance to it. She's so good at it, it's a wonder she hasn't gotten a Cutie Mark in it yet.

It's safe to say that school is canceled tomorrow.

Between two games, Sweetie Belle is approached by Discord who is followed by Celestia and Luna.

"Hello there. Nice to see you back," says the draconequus.

"Hello Discord! Thanks for the mini-you!" says Sweetie Belle before she bows to the princesses. "Hello Princesses."

The princesses bow back at her. "Hello, Queen Sweetie Belle."

"Please, princesses, don't call me queen."

"Then no need to call us princess," says Celestia. "I am glad to see you back in Equestria safe and sound."

"And we must congratulate you for saving a world, and even a whole universe, more than once, and for becoming queen," says Luna.

"Thank you, p-Luna," says Sweetie Belle a little shyly.

"Here are your medals!" shouts Discord before he snaps his fingers, causing many medals to appear on Sweetie's chest. So many that they entirely cover it, not leaving a trace of white fur. Actually, there are so many medals that they also appear on her sides and on her back. The last one appears in Discord's claw. "And here's another one for your future victory against Lulu."

"My what?"

Discord puts an arm around her. "You see, me and Moonbutt over here made a little bet."

"Me? fighting Luna?" asks the filly, insure.

"Yes!" shouts excitedly the princess. "This snake thinks that I couldn't defeat you! So..." She points a hoof at Sweetie Belle. "I defy you in a duel! Once this party is over!"


The word of the duel quickly spread among the ponyvillians, and in the end, they didn't even wait for the end of the party. Before long, everypony is gathered outside of the town to watch it, at a safe distance.

Discord has created a stand for ponies placing bets on the winner. Not surprising, many bets on Luna, not knowing the full power of the filly. But all of Sweetie's classmates (excepted Pipsqueak) as well as Rarity and her friends, and even Celestia, bet for the filly.

"Traitor!" shouts Luna to her sister.

"I'm just a realist, sister."

The words of Celestia put some doubt among the ponies who betted for the princess.

Discord claps his hands. "I think we have waited long enough. Can both fighters please get ready?"

Luna and Sweetie Belle both nod and move far enough before facing each other.

"Ready?" he asks.

"GO!"

PreviousChapters Next